What am I suppose to do?
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
@Kesuk Lets say it is close to the Duskfire Border because of Scarlett's heat she doesn't want to roam too far xD

Scarlett was still hot and bothered from het heat but laying down and worrying for the teenage girl that she shared her den with wasn't optimal either. Her worry wasn't growing any less while she waited for this damn heat to go away. It was something Scarlett had some difficulties with. She wished for her own babies and now she was able to have them but she didn't had a mate. She always dreamed she would live in a fairytale. A wonderful mate and then give him the cutest babies and they would live happily ever after. But this year that wouldn't happen. Her heat had kicked in for her to suffer through without the prospect of having cute little balls of fur wiggling around.

In a rash decision Scarlett decided to go search for the youngster after all the teenager saw Scarlett as her foster mom. Néa wouldn't take off this long.. right? Would she really leave without saying goodbye? Scarlett's heart hurt thinking of that. She had loved the girl like she was one of her own. What if she had been hurt and Scarlett was her only hope. The albino was sure others weren't even missing the girl. A soft sigh left her lips. Scarlett got out of her den and out of the pack's lands. She would know if the girl was on their lands. No. She might have taken a trip further away from their border. Scarlett was hesitant to walk out of her home. She would dislike running into a male and have things happening. Selflessly the girl put the wellbeing of Néa first.

At least she had tried to look for her even when she was pestered by her own body. The strong scent hanging around her was difficult to get out of her fur, like it was suppose to alert every male in his area. Her small strong smelling body moved past the lake below the glacier and into the valley of unclaimed lands, away from their border.
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
On another one of her little expedition, this time the chocolate girl had wandered to the borders of a pack called Duskfire Glacier. But of course she didn't know that yet. The first thing that alerted her of another wolf's presence was the strong smell of a wolf in heat. She herself had gone into heat since she was mated with Koda and she was kind of scared about what would happen, as she didn't know if either of them wanted kids yet. Too much to do first.

She padded further through the snow until she caught sight of a pile of snow that seemed to be walking around. Nope, not snow, a pale wolf. And the scent seemed to be coming from her.

"Aye! You going through your time?" she called out, her expression perfectly friendly and non-aggressive.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
As Scarlett dared to set her four paws outside of the Duskfire grounds she immediately ran into a wolf. Oh great. To her relief it was a female and a friendly one at that. The small female turned her head towards the lady. The blood red eyes of the albino turned to the chocolate colored one. Blood red eyed glancing while her white fur blended with the background. A friendly smile returned. "You smelled that right," she spoke on a soft tone. She had to remember not to wag her tail in a friendly greeting because then the scent would spread even more. She rather not have any males close even with how badly she wanted a litter. And on top of all of this Néa was missing too. Why did this heat had to bother her now.

The colorless female sat down and pushed her butt into the snow. "Hello, I'm Scarlett," she returned. Her nose started moving as a familiar scent tickled her brain. She needed to think really deeply but then it clicked. "Koda!," she grinned. She remembered the wolf. He was one of the first she met after she joined Duskfire. He had been so friendly and kind. She hadn't seen him after that, yet his scent seemed fresh on her so that told Scarlett he was okay. "You know Koda," she spoke to explain her outburst. "Are you from the Blacktail Deer Plateau Pack too?," Scarlett asked in a friendly matter.
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk padded a little closer to the albino female when she turned out to be friendly, even knowing Koda. That was good, maybe they could turn out to be friends. She sat down a little way in front of Scarlett and smiled, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I'm Kesuk. Koda's my mate." she explained, smiling. Then a thought struck her. When she had been in heat, she had always tried to find a secluded place where no one would be able to find her, but her was Scarlett, all the way outside of the borders. That had to be at least a little bit dangerous.

Worry clouded her icy eyes as she looked into Scarlett's crimson ones, "Isn't it dangerous for you to be out here by yourself right now? You know how the guys get during this time." she said, even though she had just met the girl barely two seconds ago, she was one of Koda's friends and that meant she was a good one and Kesuk didn't want her to get hurt.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett smiled in a kind way at the chocolate female. "Nice to meet you Kesuk," she returned. Her white ears popped up when the girl mentioned that Koda was her mate! Oh. Scarlett wanted a mate too. She was sure Koda was a great one. But the albino didn't feel jealous. Scarlett was glad for Kesuk that she found a great guy to spend her days with. "You are lucky. He is very kind and pleasant to be around. Maybe gallant is a better way to describe him. I only met him once but we parted as friends. Wish him well from me when you see him."

The smaller female couldn't help but let her ears fell back in sadness. Her tail hung too at the female's comment. "Good observation skills," she admitted with a soft defeated sigh. She wondered why she would pour her heart out to the stranger with a mutual friend. Scarlett decided that she needed to get it off her chest, even though it might show a negative side of her. "I am the caretaker of my pack. I took one of the orphans who knocked on our door in as my own. Her name is Néa. She is a wonderful bubbly teenager and... She hasn't been seen for a long time. I couldn't sit in my den and do nothing! It is all my fault. I probably wasn't paying enough attention to her. I just never thought she would leave without a goodbye," she ended in a whisper. "And to be really honest with you, I feel like I don't even deserve to be the caretaker of the pack now... I just-- Miss her a lot."
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk listened intently while the snow-furred girl explained her situation. The sorrel girl knew how it felt to have someone you loved go missing, except in her experience, it had ended terribly. She could only hope that Scarlett wouldn't have to deal with that as well. It would probably tear her apart, it had definitely left Kesuk a mess.

She looked at her with sympathetic eyes and she thought about offering her help, but then realized that it might take weeks to find the missing girl. But then the selfless part of her kicked in again and she spoke up, willing to help.

"I can help you look for her if you want. I am an outrider after all, so I'm used to traveling all over the place." she assured, wanting to help this girl who seemed to be good friends with Koda even though they had met a grand number of 1 time.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett battered her saddened red eyes at Koda's mate. They suited each other she was also kind as Koda was. Scarlett was also a bit afraid to stumble upon the youngster's carcass. She wasn't sure if she would be able to handle that. A shiver went down her spine. "You would do that? That is so kind," Scarlett spoke softly and gave her a grateful smile. "Although I don't know if you want to with how strongly I smell." Scarlett felt a bit embarrassed even though Kesuk probably knew how it feels like.

Néa could be anywhere but it could be helpful to have a female watching BDP surrounding grounds for the youngster. Scarlett realized she would have done the same for the chocolate lady, even insisted on it, so she accepted her help. "I'd like that thank you," she admitted. Her red eyes scanned over the valley below. Scarlett wondered how well tracking went while she smelled like this. She was also hesitant to go any further because of lone males that would show up. Sure, she would be with Kesuk but she also didn't want to bring her in any type danger.
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk was relieved when Scarlett accepted her offer, because if she hadn't, Kesuk would have helped her anyways, keeping a look out for Nea around the plateau and when she traveled. She gave the crimson eyes girl another worried look as she considered their options.

"You should really get back inside the borders though, I really don't want you to get hurt." she insisted, hoping Scarlett would see her point and go back into safety. "At least until your heat is over. But I can search for Nea while I'm traveling, and if I see anything, I will come and tell you as soon as I can." she assured, wanting to as much as she could to without having Scarlett in danger. She knew how had it was to fend of males when you were in heat.

As much as she wanted the snow-pelted she wolf to stay inside the borders to be safe, she knew that if Scarlett had set her mind to it, she wouldn't be able to convince her not to go in search of Nea.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett gave a sad frown at Kesuk's words. Yeah, she wouldn't like to get hurt in that way at all. Some males could go crazy in their want to mate. She swallowed thickly, ears falling back in fear. "Maybe... Maybe you are right," she admitted. Now she was still close enough to the borders to run back. "But I also want to look for Néa! This is so hard. Everything in my den reminds me of her,' the young female spoke with a sigh. Her red eyes fell into Kesuk's blue ones. That was kind of her to offer.

"That would be great thank you," Scarlett returned. Once more she glanced over the lands behind the chocolate lady. Maybe little Néa was so close by. She hated to worry so much. Plus this heat couldn't come on a more inconvenient time. A soft puff came from her lips. It seemed to two females had the same mindset. "Maybe a chat will distract me for now? I don't want to go back to my den to be really honest. I will run away when there is a male close by. Ehm.. How did you and Koda meet? Is it a nice story? If I may ask... "
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk smiled a little at her suggestion. She would be happy to tell Scarlett how she and Koda had met. So she sat down and settled herself in the snow. "It's an okay story I guess. It's a little bit sad though." she warned. She hadn't told anyone about her meeting with Vector, but it felt right to share the whole story with someone, even it was only someone she had met only minutes before.

She took a deep breath and started from the very beginning. "So when I first got to the wilds, the first wolf I met was a wolf named Vector. We kind of hated each other at first, but we sort of had a bond, like a deepish one." she said, not really sure how to explain their relation ship. "So a little bit after we met, we had fight and I ran off. A while later, I was at the creek, trying to figure out what fish were, because where is was from they didn't have any. Anyway, Koda walked along and we kinda hit it off well and he wanted to show me how to fish." she took a deep breath, the story was longer then she thought. "Well, I said some flirty comment and he dropped the fish and jumped after it, except the water was deeper than I thought and I couldn't swim. So I was there, drowning and all and suddenly Vector is there, pulling me out and pushing the water out of me. Why did it have to be him of all people, I'll never know." she mused sadly. "When I finally came too, I had two choices. Go to Vector, or go to Koda. I chose Koda and literally saw Vector break. And I did nothing. I don't think I was supposed to hear it, but after he left, I heard him howl, and it was the saddest thing ever." she breathed, afraid she would get to emotional. Actually telling someone was harder then she thought, but a weight was lifted from her chest.

"So that's how I met Koda!" she said, trying to be more cheerful again, before the cloud of sorrow over took her again. "I went to go see Vector later, and I don't even think in can talk about it yet, I'll just end up bawling my eyes out." she admitted. Then it struck her, she had just spilled her whole life story to some girl she had just met. "I'm sorry, that was probably so weird for you." she said hurriedly, avoiding eye contact so Scarlett wouldn't see how embarrassed she was.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett sat down for the story. She always dreamed of finding the right mate and they would love each other.. and he would save her... and be there for her. She had to stop her mind from going further otherwise she would have missed the beginning of the story. That wouldn't be polite. "I think every story has a sad part in it but if it is too sad for you to tell then you don't have to." The chocolate female started telling her story of how she met one male, and then the other. Oh this was actually pretty interesting to listen to. Scarlett would probably never have two wolves at once liking her. One would already be an accomplishment.

Scarlett could see how affected Kesuk was by the story. The white girl wished she could comfort her in some way. "That was pretty sad to hear," she admitted. "But you chose Koda for a reason. I don't know Vector and it is pretty sad for him that a female he liked didn't want him but," She took a breathing pause. "It would be worse if you two were mated and it didn't work out, you know?" She smiled softly, grateful that the female across from her told such a story. Scarlett shifted closer and gave her a quick lick on her cheek. It was all friendly and meant to show support and compassion.

"Fun fact. I actually met Koda with something hunting related too. He showed he how to hunt. It was months ago when I first arrived here. My self esteem was even worse than it is now. I thought I couldn't hunt at all, but Koda pointed out how good it was and it gave me the confidence to learn the pups of Duskfire how to hunt!," she spoke with a smile. "I'm very grateful for his words. My family wasn't so nice to me because I was the only white one and because of my red eyes. After 2,5 years being called a monster the confidence in yourself is quite lacking. But!," she grew more cheerful in exactly the same way Kesuk had. "I left and live here at Duskfire. I feel valued, loved and at home. Which reflects why I got my heat, I guess. My body is ready, so now I only need to have a wolf to spend my life with!"
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Sorry, my muse is really lacking :(

Kesuk smiled at Scarlett's comforting lick. She was a good friend already and she could tell she would be a good mother. Her story made Kesuk feel sad, no one should be judged just because they look different. "Personally, I think you're beautiful. And I hope you find the perfect guy, because you deserve nothing less." she responded smiling. She really did hope that Scarlett would find someone who treated her right and wanted to spend the rest of their life with her.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
No worries! We can round this up if you like? :)

Scarlett's tail wagged in a friendly and happy matter. It always felt good to have someone supporting you. The albino female almost became shy when the female said that. "Oh. Thank you. Yes. Hopefully!," she hummed and bobbed her head. She would love to have her own litter. Many of them! She would love all her babies. Scarlett could totally see herself with a bunch of cutie little pups. But for now this has to wait. "You are really kind."
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Okay, this is my last post :)

Kesuk's smile widened when Scarlett seemed to forget her sadness and replaced it with a smile and a waging tail. She felt a bit of a blush heat her cheeks when the white female returned the complement.

"I try." she said happily, her tail wagging behind her. "I'm sure you'll be a great mother! And I will have to come visit you and your pups when you have them." she insisted in a friendly manner.

Kesuk then realized that the sun was starting to set and the sky was darkening. It wouldn't be good for Scarlett to be out her when it finally did turn to night. "I should probably go look for somewhere to sleep for the night, and you should probably get back. It's probably not a great idea for you to be out here alone at night when you're in heat." she said, worry for the female coming back to her.

"I really hope you find Nea, and I will try my best to help you look." she called back as she turned to leave, her tail waving in a friendly farewell. It seemed like there were many kind wolves in the wilds, you just needed to find them.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
It was a great thread thanks! :D

Scarlett grinned at the compliment about being a good mother. She hoped so. She lost her first adoptive daughter so she wasn't sure if that would be entirely true. "Oh yes, please do!" The pale female realized it was getting dark by now. She should get back especially with this heat bothering her. "You are right," she spoke with a soft smile. "I'm glad I met you Kesuk!"

Scarlett wagged her tail, spreading her scent more. She quickly stopped when she realized she was making herself smell worse. "Take care and send my greetings to Koda!," she returned. "I will look for her. I won't stop!" She then turned away from the chocolate female and trotted off.