Redhawk Caldera fancy feast
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
<style>.mount1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .mount1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .mount1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .mount1 {background-color:#082854; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/Hlsfy9Z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .mount1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .mount1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7b7b; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .mount1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

Siv had never really known stress in her life. At least, not until she had found herself in the ranks of the caldera wolves. She could not have easily said that she knew real stress, because it seemed to have been derived from the subject of trades. The coywolf girl knew that she wanted to take part in helping the pack. Peregrine had already told her that getting a trade would be highly beneficial, so she’d set her mind to it. The only issue that the Savoy girl seemed to have was this; she was more indecisive than she’d ever been in her life. Being an impulsive creature, Siv often found that it was easy for her to make decisions. When it came to joining the pack, it had been a simple choice. When asked what she wanted to do? She was a teenager being asked to pick her major for college and stick with that major for the rest of her life. Luckily, Siv had three options to delve in to, but she had come to an understanding that offering her choices was not the best thing.
The lanky girl roamed the outskirts of the pack for the better portion of an hour before she slowed her pace and sought the shade of a nearby tree. It was – if anything – a comfortable resting spot, and would allow the troubled youth a brief reprieve from all of her troubled wandering.

3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine was kicking himself for withdrawing in the days following the news about his brother. Because now that he was getting out and about again, he realized that several scents had begun to fade from the caldera. Only time would tell if these wolves had actually left for good, though it was a deeply concerning development for the Alpha male, especially as winter came ever closer.

When he spotted a familiar figure in the distance, the Alpha male loped toward it with a sense of relief and a strange but fierce affection. "Siv Savoy!" he shouted as he neared her. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you. This place has become a ghost town." He paused a few feet from her, then sat. "What're you up to?"
<i><div><span style="color:#ff0000;">s</span><span style="color:#ff1f00;">p</span><span style="color:#ff3d00;">i</span><span style="color:#ff5c00;">t</span><span style="color:#ff7a00;">f</span><span style="color:#ff9900;">i</span><span style="color:#ffb700;">r</span><span style="color:#ffd600;">e</span></div></i>
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Holy cow! Sorry for the wait. I'll be much more responsive in the next week. My work schedule has been awful.
<style>.mount1 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#494a43; } .mount1 p {padding: 0px 9px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; } .mount1 b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.1px; } .mount1 {background-color:#082854; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/Hlsfy9Z.png'); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; } .mount1 .float {float:right; width:0px; height:10px; } .mount1 .text {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7b7b7b; letter-spacing:.1px; word-spacing:.1px; line-height:18px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding: 20px 20px 330px 20px; } .mount1-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto; }</style>

It didn’t take long before a sound from behind startled the coywolf girl. Her name – familiar on the lips of their alpha – rang through the air and forced Siv to a complete halt. She turned her attention towards the dark-furred male. As he neared her, he made a remark mentioning how happy he was to see her. The female’s tail flagged wildly at this and a wide grin split her features. “Happy to see you too, Boss,” she returned with a bob of her head. He then went on to say that their pack had become something of a ghost-town. She nodded in response to him and frowned a bit. “Yeah, I’ve noticed a severe lack in bad-asses around here and it’s pretty sad.”
The caldera was her home, and she would – in no way – abandon it. Siv felt as though she’d made a life-long pledge to the wolves of that pack. Perry and Fox were considered a part of her family. Her long ears perked at his question and within a matter of moments, she found herself growing anxious again. “Well, you see, I’ve been pondering on your suggestion for a trade and it’s been drivin’ me bonkers. I think I definitely want to take you up on your offer for mentorship, though,” the girl responded swiftly. “What about you? You and the lady talkin’ about pups yet?”

3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
No worries. ^_^

Her remark about the lack of badassery around the caldera was sad but true, causing him to frown lightly but nod in agreement. Peregrine was smiling in the next moment, however, when she took him up on his previous offer to mentor her. There was no time like the present.

"Let's hunt then?" he replied brightly. "And Fox and I have been talking about pups for ages now," he divulged with a sheepish grin. "She's not quite two, so it won't be for a little while yet, but we're definitely excitedly preparing. Are you ready to become one of our de facto babysitters?"
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Whoo! So glad work has settled down. I missed playin on Siv.

Siv watched the small frown strike her leader’s face and she was quick to beam at him reassuringly, flagging her tail behind her with vigor. “Hey, but no worries, Boss… pretty soon this place will be booming!” she offered him a few words of security in hopes that it would wipe the frown from his features. Because, Siv could not understand how the wolves of the Teekon Wilds would want to belong to any other pack. Certainly, Redhawk Caldera had the most to offer out of all of them. Not to mention, the leadership team was a set of grade-a, five star, first-class folks. Siv was proud to belong in their ranks.

On the subject of hunting, Perry insisted that they begin immediately. This caused the girl to grin widely, though she could feel her chest thump with a bit of nervousness. “Yeah, let’s,” she agreed with a quick nod of her narrow skull. She knew that she would be nervous around him, but the whole point of their excursion would be so that he could teach her a thing or two about Gamekeeping. Before long, she felt as though she would have it down pat.

At the mention of their pups, Siv could not keep herself from waving her tail behind her like a mad woman. “Man, you and Fox are gonna have some great kids, no doubt. And of course I’ll babysit! Those pups will need to have a little bit of the Siv Savoy experience in their lives, right?” she teased with a laugh. In truth, the girl loved children and would have wanted some of her own. Sadly, she had never found herself close with a male and she realized that the likelihood of having pups was quite slim. The fortunate side of that was that Perry and Fox’s kids would be there.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Each time one of his pack mates expressed joy at the prospect of the pups, it warmed Peregrine's heart. Their litter would never want for anything, by the looks of it, and their lives would be brimming with love from their pack. Although he already knew by now that moving to the caldera was a good move, no matter the sacrifices they'd had to make, it was moments like this that drove that point home all over again.

"They'll probably think you're their aunt," Peregrine mused even as he began to walk around the caldera's perimeter, "since you look a lot like Fox. In a way, you will be. Aunt Siv Savoy is kind of a mouthful, so I'll probably let them shorten it to Aunt Siv," the Alpha male teased with a flick of his long black tail.

He fell silent for a few strides, then said, "Okay, so let's get down to business, shall we? There are plenty of hunting opportunities in and around the caldera, as well as the wilderness surrounding it. Before we go tracking, though, I want to show you a few of the caches so you know where they are."

Keeping his fellow patrollers in mind, Peregrine had made a point to establish stockpiles at various points around the caldera's base so that active Wardens could make pit stops as necessary. He led the coyote-like Siv toward the next closest one. There was a a thick grove of trees here and he had stuffed several small animals' carcasses into a stump among them. He paused beside it, letting his trainee take a closer look.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
It tickled her positively pink to imagine the young pups calling her Aunt Siv. Her cheeks turned a shade of rosy red and she could feel her face growing hot at the idea. “Boy, they could call me whatever they want,” she whispered to her dark-furred leader. The coywolf female had never really had a substantial role in anyone else’s life. She was a daughter, and she knew what it meant to respect her mother, but had not really had a large part in shaping who Finna had been. Siv didn’t even know her father, so she could have said that her impact on him was less than minimal. Somehow, she had done something right. Something had led her to the caldera and to the leaders that occupied it. Words were not enough to express how grateful the Savoy girl was. So, she held her tongue – for once in her life.

Following after the inky male, Siv drew her ears forward to catch what he was telling her. They were getting into the nitty gritty of the whole business at that point. She could feel the nervousness rise back up in the back of her throat like bile, but as he explained to her the different caches, she found herself being soothed into an understanding.

The pack worked like a well-oiled machine. With Peregrine, and others within their ranks, driving the food to store the caches so that those who did not take part in the tracking of animals would be well-fed and taken care of. She could see a huge benefit for this when the cold settled in and snow drenched their lands. Flicking her bright blue eyes upwards inquisitively, the girl paused in her steps. “Would you like to keep the same amount of caches, or did you wish to expand them?” she asked him carefully. With the question still in the air, Siv moved forward and began to peer around curiously at what he had already created. The stump housed several carcasses from the weather and still were easily accessible.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine's tail flicked as he answered, "It can never hurt to create more, right? The sky's the limit. I actually see at least two benefits of having many spread around the territory: easy accessibility, for one. And for another, if any particular cache gets raided, at least the thief won't get away with a significant percentage of our stored food. Granted, I never plan to let that happen," he added in a low tone, ears now flicking too.

He paused, letting Siv investigate the cache. When she was ready, they would move on to the next step.
99 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Peregrine explained that it would probably benefit the pack to have a few extra caches around their lands. She regarded the flick of his tail with a quick grin and a nod of her slender head towards the earth. He then made a mention of thieves crossing into their lands, and the girl’s grin faded into a bit of a frown at the idea that there would be some who would want nothing more than to take advantage of the work they had done. Drawing her blue gaze to the dark face of her leader, Siv squinted thoughtfully at him. “Yeah, well, I’d bet on you any day. Wouldn’t like to run across an angry Perry in a dark alley,” she remarked with a flick of her tail to signify that she was only teasing the inky man. He was a creature of good humor, she had realized, and he seemed not to be bothered by her peculiar ways. It was something she was grateful for.

“At any rate, Boss, I think I’ll work on creating a few more caches to help out,” she then added with a confident nod of her head. “I mean, I get the gist of it, so if you’re all set, we can keep on keeping on!” Tongue flicking from her slender muzzle, the Savoy girl waited for Peregrine to lead her further on their quest for training in the art of game-keeping.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Hey, wanna fade this and have something a bit more current? :D

She seemed truly committed to lying the groundwork as a Gamekeeper. After all, it wasn't all hunting and tracking. There was significantly more to keeping the pack fed than that. The job only started with the obvious parts. Peregrine mused about these matters as he turned, taking Siv's cue to move forward with his introductory training.

"Let's work on some tracking next," he said. They would go over the importance of each sense, then move onto the various other ways wolves could find and follow prey sources. Later on, they might advance to some actual hunting. For now, the Alpha simply tried not to get ahead of himself. It was a nice refresher course for him, too, a sort of back to basics lesson.