Whitefish River Winter, wintery, winter
34 Posts
Ooc — Danni
@Cara

It had taken Fleetscut some time to get this far, but it did not deter his merry ventures. His step was still jaunty, his gaze still merry. If he had been human he would have worn a bowler hat and danced a tap to all. He hummed and every so often he would jump in the air and snap his paws together. He imagined he looked pretty silly to those that would come upon him. But frankly he just didn't care, the cajun blood that thrummed through his viens. It was just too full of life to really do much but be merry.

He chuckled when he came upon the river. And smiled down at it as he broke some ice. Putting his black and tan muzzle to the ground he gently lapped at the water. It was cold, oh so cold it actually burned as it went down. His teeth hurt a little bit as the water hit their sensitive edges, but it was refreshing. Oh so deliciously refreshing.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
:)

Being a lover of Winter, the pale Spine Queen was out again.
Though leaving her realms in hands of her mate's capable hands gave her a lot of confidence every time she decided to take her little expeditions, she could never stand to stray too far for too long. Not even the Outrider's wanderlust could drive her too far from her home, as it was her own heart and life that was anchored to the Spine since the moment she set foot on it for the first time -- with Jinx.

Though it had been many long months since her idol's death, Cara still remembered her dearly, with the same admiration she had held for her when she was still living. She had been the one that had taught her to love pack life and the hardships that went with it.

With her nose hovering over the snowy ground, Cara advanced through the Wilderness, her delicate nostrils picking up a scent she didn't recognize. She followed it idly, led by the curiosity to see who might stand at the other end. Soon she was able to see the man's muscular structure in the distance., and with her tail waving neutrally behind her back she decided to approach. Might as well make use of that title she had earned as Outrider -- even if she was not the most pleasant diplomat she could always enjoy getting to know another wolf who lurked the same lands she did.

So with a sharp bark that seemed to call the man's attention she approached, waiting patiently to see how this stranger would act to her presence.

34 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Fleet didn't mind the weather at any time. Granted the spring time usually made him happier than most seasons. But who wouldn't be happy in spring when most of the women and the chillen were goin in to heat or being borned. Most men probably liked it as it were.

Fleetscut heard the noise and looked up into the face of a little beauty queen. Well "ello dawlin! I'm Fleetscut, but youse kin jes call me Fleet. W'at brings you out an' 'bout dis fine day? He bent his head to gather a drink again while watching her with interested curiosity.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

With her tail held at a neutral stance and her ears casually pricked at his direction, the Spine Queen listened to what the earthen colored man had to say. His words came off in a tumble, carrying a mixture of different accents that surprised her for a brief second until she was able to piece what he was saying. Fleetscut She echoed with a solemn dip of her nose and the faintest trace of a smile as she continued to watch the man with amusement.

I am Cara, Queen of the Ouroboros She barked back, not a bit ashamed to present her full title to the stranger -- au contraire , she was rather proud. Every time she pronounced such words, no matter how casually, she could feel her chest fill with pride. Pride she hoped her dear idol, Jinx, shared from wherever it was her soul had gone to.
Heaven was a meaningless word to Cara, but that was not really the matter in hand here.

With her tail-tip flicking one last time over her back she began to trudge over the snow in order to cut the large distance between them into a more decent one. She was suddenly tempted to join the man for a quick drink as she approached the small crystalline water he had managed to find by breaking the ice, but as quickly as the thought had appeared into her mind it was dismissed. Aside from his name she did not know anything about the man, and Cara, as you might have already figured was not one to give her trust so easily.

I came out for fresh air, and you? She asked while peering at his face with her pale yellow orbs, You are not from here She noted then, her voice bordering the lines of blatant curiosity.

34 Posts
Ooc — Danni
sorry I had muse for him and Now i just am blah for him..i don't think i'll keep him long.

He chuckled and waved his tail merrily. Yes'm dat's my name, but youse, youse kin call me fleet if it tickles yir fancy. He studied her, she held herself with a regal air, he enjoyed it. Made him smile in a bit of amusement, not because it was funny. Just because he was always smiling.

Well nice da meet ya dawlin. I'm new 'ere fo' sho. Queen Cara. He tasted her name it was a easy enough name even for his accent, and the rough and tumble way he spoke. He was mostly a cajin man at heart, but in his travels throughout his youth he had picked up countless other ways of talking, some easy some hard. He could speak some other languages too, though he didn't do that too much.

Fresh air es always a good ding. Always. I'm passin' true chile. Jest passin' true. Thought 'bout settlin' down, but jest don't know if its fir me.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

With her lips pursed with curiosity, Cara fixed her gaze to the man's face. He was not typical in any sense of the word. While she wolves of earthen hues she could count were not too many, it wasn't his appereance what she was referring to; unlike the somber wolves she was used to dealing with not only in the Spine but in the neighbouring areas, Fleetscut was a kind hearted man with a sense of humor and a peculiar accent to top it all off.

With his insistent comment of calling him Fleet instead Cara could not help but to quirk her brows in amusement. She didn't want her anything tickled. Where do you come from then?she asked, her ears cupped towards him so that she could decipher his answer from between the riddling accent in which he talked.

Just a passer-by in Winter? she asked echoing the last part of his previous response with a tone of disbelief and a bit of curiosity. Surely, as an older wolf than she he would've known the scarcity and harshness the cold season brought.

34 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Fleet saw her curious gaze on his face and he shot her a shit eating grin. His good mood completely unmarred with her curious nature. Fleet was not somber nor serious, as a matter of fact that was a huge point of tension with most of his family. He took nothing seriously, nothing he didn't even take threats serious enough. It was probably a huge character flaw, but well he wasn't about to change this late in the game.

He chuckled Well all ovah chile all ovah. I from dere and 'ere and evry'w'ere don't call no place 'ome. 'avent found a place to tickle me inta stayin' He shrugged and gave her a small grin.

He nodded Yepp. I been dravelin' since I were a wee babe. Nevah settled down, my parents did, me grandparents did an' so do i. You from 'ere girly? He thumped his tail gently against the ground laughter evident in his face.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)

The lack of seriousness reflected on the male's face caused Cara's brows to rise in a mixture of amusement and disbelief. The man, who was certaintly older than her, had the semblance of a child. Aside from having the trademark 'shit eating' grin plastered over his face there was a certain spark in his eyes, one that had left Cara's orbs a while ago.

She listened to him idly, somehow managing to uncrypt his strange accent with only one of her ears turned to him. Though she had initially gone out for fresh air, the idea of trying to persuade the loner into coming back with him had inevitably rised to her mind -- it had been a fleeting thought that had already receded from her plans. The man himself stated he was not planning on settling, and neither Cara or the Spine would attempt to 'tickle' him into changing his mind.

Not all loners were fit for life in a pack.
No, not from her directly -- somewhere outside these lands she barked, with a neutral flick of her tail. While she could not deny that the man himself was intriguing and amusing, it was no lie that the conversation had begun to run stale.

Where will you head to next? she asked, hoping to at least keep the awkward silence from settling upon their shoulders.

34 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Fleet laughed low at her look of disbelief and curiosity. He got that look a lot, and he supposed it was strange to be 4 and not serious. He was never serious, couldn't ever be serious. His sister had said that his fun loving side had hid a sensitive soul. And perhaps she was right, because he had often taken words to heart. one of the many reasons he couldn't stay in a pack life, if he were to disappoint them he'd feel pretty awful.

He smiled at her again, Souf I 'pose. I wouldn't min' seein' dem dere northern lights i've 'eard 'bout either. Dey say deir beautiful dem lights. I wouldn't min' seein' a desert either. I 'ear deir dry an' 'umid an' i wouldn't min' seein' for meself.
♛queen of disaster ♛
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
[size=medium]"in the land of gods and monsters,
I was an angel"
[/size]

[size=small]Everytime the man opened his mouth, a more difficult riddle exited his lips. Through his thick accent and funny mannerisms it was not only impossible to understand him, but also to take him seriously. And while she had been victim of the latter (not being taken seriously) she felt no compassion or even sympathy for the overgrown puppy that was Fleetscut.

She had no times for puppies if they were not her own, she decided as she cast an uniterested glance to the horizon. "It's getting late for your journey then -- as well as for mine.." she barked, not bothering to give the man a last look before muttering a final goodbye, "See ya" she barked while waving her tail briefly and disappearing once more along the path she had initially come from.

[/size]