Duskfire Glacier A check up from an old friend
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Maybe DFG wolves that know Scar?

Scarlett was slowly overcoming the fact that she had been kicked out from the home she liked. The red eyed female had grown much stronger from it, that was for sure. Her pale white coat was wetted from the recent rain that came down on her. The white queen had grown sentimental from the water dripping down on her. It was almost like the sky had been crying. Still even while wet Scarlett scented of her pack and of Kove, her mate. It had been most wonderful to have someone to share you world with. No more meeting on neutral grounds. Scarlett had to hear from a distance that her previous home had been under attack. She hoped that they would be okay.

The kind female couldn't really wish any ill towards her previous packmates but if something had happened to Tyrr or Tuwawi she would probably feel less inclined to feel sadness for them compared to Sen. She heard faint whispers that DFG had won from the sea pack. Slowly Scarlett got closer to the borders, which she treated with respect. She wasn't going to cross it, knowing that she could never win a spar against any of them. Curiously she tried to peek inside. The glacier still reflecting the sunlight into the world. Would DFG wolves think she was dead? Was she going to tell them she had her own pack now? She didn't want to place a bull's eye on her quiet and lovely home.
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
hope you don't mind me! Hehe I need to get in the groove again

The Amazonian had taken to patrolling less frequently, for their home seemed to be in a state of stasis.  Since the siren raid they had seen neither hide nor hair of the intruders, who were presumably licking their wounds.  And though she knew some had intruded recently, having found traces of their trespass, she could not bring herself to care overly much.

This week's visitor, though, came as rather a surprise.  The huntress had wondered if the white wolf would survive... Briefly, for it hadn't been worth much thought.  She appeared healthy, though still not the brightest... What she thought she was doing poking around even this close was beyond Manauia.  "You seem rather keen on flirting with death," she intoned, almost conversationaly. "Why have you returned?"
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Not at all! This will be interesting. :D 

Scarlett walked along the border at a casual pace. It didn't take long for a familiar face to arrive, and not one she was keen on seeing. But it was her own fault for even going close to the Duskfire borders. She couldn't help but get over her kindness. Otherwise it would just wonder into her mind. Her ears fell back when seeing the other female, like saying; 'Oh you.' In a not very nice way. Well that was too bad that the other female survived. Though the red eyed female turned her behavior around and perked her ears up with curiosity. Her light frame turning towards the other. 

"I am not going to die today," she returned with some air of confidence. Her tail raising more than it ever did when she was a DFG. "I heard about the attack, I wanted to see if you guys were alright. I only heard faint whispers." I am going to show kindness to you even if you don't want it, Scarlett thought. Kill them with kindness. That must be a very annoying thing to have a wolf still be kind after being evicted and humiliated. It was like telling them it didn't had any effect on her. "Plus I had one of my casual walks and decided to just walk in this direction."
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Though Scarlett held herself with more pride, her words betrayed her.  'I came to see if you guys were alright'... she hadn't changed.  Still so nice.  Manauia's lips curled into a somewhat wicked smile.  "To see if we were alright?  Isn't that sweet."  A casual walk.  She could hardly believe this girl was real.

"I'd have thought, when you turned tail and ran, you'd have figured out you were no longer welcome here.  But perhaps you aren't as smart as I gave you credit for.  Or do you plan on attempting to finally fight for something?"  True, Manauia wasn't going to attack her right now... but should Tuwawi happen upon the scene, she doubted the Alphaess would show as much restraint.  And much as she didn't care for the queen, she'd quite enjoy that spectacle.  
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett smiled and nodded kindly. Yes, think I am all so innocent and kind, the female thought. After all she couldn't care less if most of the Duskfire wolves would be injured or not. She just wanted to know if a few wolves are okay. Plus this could be very useful information for Kove, who could then tell it to Meldresi. "Well the thing is, I am not even on Duskfire lands. I am neutral ground. So if I am welcome or not that doesn't matter," she pointed out. Scarlett wasn't even close to the heart of the territory. 

"Oh no. I am not going to fight," the female returned with a quivering tone. An acted quivering tone. I'm not going to fight for the likes of you, Scarlett thought once more. The red eyed female flickered her tail. Manauia's disinterest could help her. "Is that why you dislike me, because you think of me as a coward?"
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Manauia snorted.  "If you think that will stop her from attempting to tear you apart, you are an idiot."  This woman put too much faith in proper behavior and set rules.  The world did not operate on such.  If Tuwawi wished to attack, she would do so regardless of trespassing.  The flame-touched woman wasn't exactly reasonable.

The huntress was silent as Scarlett professed she was not going to fight.  She wondered a moment if perhaps the idea of fighting for her place and what she wished was foreign to Scarlett.  She had not fought to stay when first Tuwawi had kicked her out and she had not changed her mind since, it seemed.  So she was not here to return to them.  Manauia was relieved.

Her eyes narrowed when Scarlett asked if that was why she disliked her.  "Yes.  I find your weakness quite abhorrent.  But it is to be expected.  I hate any who are not of my own people."  It was a simple truth, so she stated it matter-of-factly.  If that bothered Scarlett, she couldn't care less.  
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett thought about that. Which meant she had to run really fast if that would happen. Maybe she would take some fighting lessons from Kove. Who knows. It could be useful. The red eyed female almost mentioned if Tuwawi would attack another pack war would break out. But she wasn't going to push it. Scarlett just raised her tail and kept her mouth shut. As much as she would like to boast about her new pack she didn't want to endanger them. They had a nice quiet life in Bearclaw. A smile tugged on her lips. Holding it all in. How badly she wanted to tell the other female that she was living under the regime of a crazy woman. 

"Actually," Scarlett smiled sweetly. "I also came here to thank you, and Tuwawi. Everyone in DFG really. I am so much happier now without you guys in my life. It is a blessing," Scarlett hummed. She was secretly also relieved that Manauia's wrath wasn't specifically directed at her, she just disliked everyone. Good to know. That gave Scarlett some more confidence. 
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Manauia's ear flickered at her words, and irritation filled her.  A low rumble escaped.  "That right there.  That is why I can't stand your kind." The wolf's sickly tone, and those words that were so obviously a sham to convey her newfound 'strength' and 'taking the high road'.  "You aren't grateful to us, so don't bother.  Accept the truth... If you are happier now, that wasn't our intention, and don't pretend it was."  Courtesies were for the false to preen themselves and one another.  She wasn't going to play into what she saw as a pointless waste.

"Don't credit others with the blame or gain for a situation that you are in.  They have no control over you.  You do."  It was the same thought she had held when the woman had spoken of her past.  Allowing others to influence you unwillingly never ended well and shows a serious character flaw in her opinion.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett grinned a bit because she actually was grateful that she was kicked out. She could never imagine her having her own pack nor ruling it with the wolf she loved. Her life was better than ever before. But she wasn't going to tell that information to this female. Scarlett had an idea what the other female would do. She would start checking Bearclaw Valley out and then even attack her precious valley. "Well then you guys did something that wasn't your intention because my life is better than ever before," Scarlett smirked.

"Well if I wouldn't have been kicked out I wouldn't even believe that what happened to me would happen," she returned vaguely to the other. "But no matter. Knowing that you know that I am extremely happy already fills me with even more happiness," she returned, beaming a bit.
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
There she went again with the whole happiness thing.  Her words seemed to hint that Manauia could care, and react, to news of her happiness.  When honestly, the Amazonian couldn't give two shits where the white wolf had ended up.  Happy, sad, dead, alive, none of it mattered.  She was nothing to her, and as soon as she departed, she would become nothing once more.  True, she hadn't liked her much when she had been there, but once she had left, the Amazonian hadn't spared her a thought.  Nor would she in the future.

Whatever floated her boat.  "So it would seem."  It was all she gave, and it was delivered without the least amount of enthusiasm.  Scarlett's words did have one effect though... a sudden wave of homesickness swept over her, accompanying her disgust.  What she wouldn't give to be surrounded by her own sisters, sparring and sharing camaraderie with wolves who had no time for these childish games.

Losing the little stomach she had for this conversation, her gaze narrowed.  "Why don't you get back to your happiness, then, if you have found so much of it.  There's obviously nothing for you here."  If she had returned to gloat, then so be it.  Her job was done and she could leave the way she came.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett watched the other with almost a smug smile. Even though the other had the reputation of not caring about anyone she had a feeling her utter happiness was affecting her. What Scarlett didn't know was that soon Duskfire would be gone from the world. But now they seemed strong on their feet. Scarlett wouldn't have guessed her pack to be gone soon. "I will because you are just plainly depressing," Scarlett snorted and then glanced over Manauia. 

The red eyed female turned away without a goodbye and then galloped off. She went in the opposite direction of where Bearclaw Valley was. She didn't want this female, she probably pissed off, to find her now home. She might take a detour through the wetlands to see if Néa was around there looking for herbs.