now you're falling away
118 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Before she could stop herself, Manauia let out a genuine laugh at his question. Her? Seek to rule here? The idea was so ridiculous that for a second she couldn't answer. "Take it myself? Never. This is not my home nor do I have any desire to claim it. I care for none within save you, and my duty is to protect you until you are ready to return to my Queen." Seizing control would be a waste of time and effort. He was not demanding and easy enough to avoid, so she hardly felt that her loyalty was to him. It was instead to her cause.

She thought on his remarks and her own previous realizations. Could she allow him to stay and rule? It would displease her queen, likely greatly. Her life may even be forfeit if she did so. But, depending on her Queen's intentions when he returned, she did not believe his place was at Coatl's rise either. Would allowing him to stay permanently exile her to these lands as well? Or would she be hunted regardless? Not for the first time Manauia wished her squad were here.

"I will remain as well, then." It was not as though she had much of a choice. She would see how this played out, and she knew that his mind would not be changed if set. She was at the disadvantage here; she needed his cooperation, but he needed nothing from her. "If this is the course you choose, then I must aid you."
Messages In This Thread
now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - January 18, 2015, 01:44 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Manauia IA - January 20, 2015, 03:36 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - January 21, 2015, 02:02 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Manauia IA - January 22, 2015, 08:07 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - January 24, 2015, 07:40 AM
RE: now you're falling away - by Manauia IA - January 27, 2015, 09:38 AM
RE: now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - January 27, 2015, 02:20 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Manauia IA - January 29, 2015, 12:43 PM
RE: now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - January 31, 2015, 08:44 AM
RE: now you're falling away - by Manauia IA - February 05, 2015, 10:41 AM
RE: now you're falling away - by Tezcacoatl - February 06, 2015, 04:45 PM