[IC Joining] Dream as if You Will Live Forever
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Finally got this up. c: @Crëyr & @Shadow

Just as he had said he would, Alastor found himself following the directions he'd been given, leading him to the pack his friend, Crëyr, was apart of. When they had parted ways, he'd headed in the direction of the mountains. Once they'd been reached, the yearling had managed to climb a decent ways up them, and had even met a little coywolf, but then he'd stopped. He hadn't wished to continue any farther at the time, and had ended up turning around and heading back towards the place he'd met the grey female. She wasn't there, of course, but it gave him the best start to following her directions; and follow them, he had.

Now there the yearling was, standing a respectable distance from the pack's borders, slightly nervous. He had never gone through the act of joining a pack before, and had no idea what he should expect from it. Realizing he was acting too anxious, Alastor drew in a deep breath, held it for a second or so, then released it back out into the air. Without anymore hesitation, the argent boy tossed his head back, letting his song be carried away by the wind and into the territory. He called for his friend, as she'd said he could, and also called to the leader of the pack. Once his voice came to an end, he stood still and waited, both nervous and excited for what laid ahead for him.
Come on love me like a Kamekazee
We'll go down in flames together

Thread titles are from Simon Curtis' "Super Psycho Love"
<i>why did she leave wonderland</i>
295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

the howl echoed through the chilly winter air, swiftly slicing down onto the eerie silence that had surrounded her. this howl was familiar. With a wide smile upon her features, her limbs were promptly making their way towards where the howl had originated from. crëyr's friend, alastor, the nice wolf she'd met at the meadow.

"heya, alastor!" she grinned, pleased her friend was a good distance away from the borders, so they wouldn't have to make a big fuss about that. "i knew you would come!"

seeing the vaguely nervous expression on his face, the silver-graphite wolfess decided to give him a reassuring smile and a few tips for what was to come. "shadow, my alpha'll be here soon. a good description of your skills and your weaknesses, then you'll probably breeze past."

<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will
For some reason, the tag didn't work. o_o

Though the silver Roman didn't show it, he was worried. Their numbers were low and though they were gradually increasing, it seems that not enough work was getting done. He would have to check the caches out soon and organize a pack activity to raise their spirits, besides it would also help him determine how much were still loyal to the Bypass and were willing to defend it with their lives. He did not doubt Flash and Crëyr's loyalty for they stuck by him since the very beginning, no one else did. Not even Paarthurnax, the one he thought he always be by his side. Too eager to heal an already fragile heart made him make the wrong decision, resulting in a broken heart.

Shaking his bitter thoughts away, Shadow concentrated on the positive elements, at least now he could focus on leading the pack to live another season. He was about to do his daily hunting when a howl rose through the air, traveled through the winds and above the mountains. It was unfamiliar and it was different, for it called for both him and his faithful silver friend. Immediately overcome by a sense of fierce protectiveness, the Roman quickly buried his piece of prey and made his way quickly towards the archway to where the stranger was.

When he arrived, he saw Crëyr was already there and interacting with the stranger. It seems she knew him from how she greeted him and he felt something....something unfamiliar. Was it jealousy? The hell? Shaking his thoughts away, Shadow approached them, his stance dominant. Silver eyes scanning him from head to toe, approving how he was a respectful distance away from the borders. Too much trespassers lately.

Shadow stood beside the silver graphite female, touching his nose to her cheek in a brief greeting before turning to the newcomer and letting the faintest shadow of a smile flicker across his face. I take it that you know each other, he stated softly. You are here to join? What are your strengths.....and your weakness? It was a matter of trust, standard protocol. He needed the recruits to know that trust and loyalty formed a good pack, if you didn't trust one another, what were you to do in battle?

<style type="text/css">.Shadow{width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:250px 25px 20px 20px; border:3px double #fff; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/2v29shw.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#1e6b3f; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .Shadow-in {width: 385px; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.35); text-align: justify;} .Shadow q {color:#bad2ca; font:13px/2 georgia bold;} .Shadow p {text-indent:30px; color:#2e3f3f; font:11px/2 verdana; margin:0px;}</style>
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It hadn't taken long for his call to be answered, and he was glad to see that the first form belonged to his friend from the meadow. When she greeted him, his tail wagged a bit and a smile grew across his face, momentarily hiding his nerves away. “Greetings again, Crëyr,” he responded. She had suspected he'd come,which was a pleasant thing to hear. The girl was able to see his nerves as well, and he felt a wave of relief wash over him when she gave him some tips. “Thank you for letting me know.” Alastor started to think of his own strengths and weaknesses, but before he knew it, who he assumed to be the Alpha had arrived.

Between the way he held himself and how he greeted the boy's friend, there was no doubt that the newcomer was, in fact, the one in control over the lands before him. Then, a statement came, followed by questions. The argent wolf's tail had ceased it's wagging, and after swallowing the nerves that he could, he opened his maw to answer. “We know each other, yes,” he started. “Crëyr is the one who pointed me towards your pack.” Pausing, he glanced over at the female, mentally readied himself once more, then turned his full attention back to Shadow. “And yes, I wish to join you and your pack.”

Instead of starting with the good, as most would, Alastor decided to start with giving his weaknesses. “My most obvious weakness is the fact that I am unfamiliar with this entire area,” he started. “I am not the greatest of hunters, but I can track things fairly well.” It was true that, while hunting wasn't something he wasn't particularly great at, tracking things was a completely different story. He'd never been trained to hunt properly, and had his own way of going about it that was often more trouble than whatever creature he was after was worth. “I have a good sense of direction, as well,” he continued. “I might not know this land too well, but I know of the paths I took to get here.”

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

a smile grew across alastor's face as he replied to what she'd said. she was about to say something additional before the scent of shadow gently entered her nostrils— the silver praetor moved to stand beside her, his stance dominant. quickly the grayscale girl returned his brief greeting and took a step backwards for he was in charge of the current situation.

the other blue eyed wolf gave plentiful responses to shadow's inquiries, so crëyr nodded along in encouragement for her hopefully future packmate. she had to admit, the argent male had surprised her when he began on about his weaknesses before shadow had to even question him— taking the initiative, which was good and was usually unseen but was probably because she'd given him tips. but she still was slightly impressed.

the petite female listened intently to what he said. tracker of sorts, teller of directions. well, that was something. when he had finished speaking, crëyr looked towards her alpha, but not before giving a nod of approval towards alastor's direction.

<i><div><span style="color:#9e0000;">A</span><span style="color:#980101;">u</span><span style="color:#920202;">t</span><span style="color:#8c0303;"> </span><span style="color:#870404;">V</span><span style="color:#810505;">i</span><span style="color:#7b0605;">n</span><span style="color:#750706;">c</span><span style="color:#6f0807;">e</span><span style="color:#690908;">r</span><span style="color:#630a09;">e</span><span style="color:#5d0b0a;"> </span><span style="color:#580b0b;">A</span><span style="color:#520c0c;">u</span><span style="color:#4c0d0d;">t</span><span style="color:#460e0e;"> </span><span style="color:#400f0f;">M</span><span style="color:#3a1010;">o</span><span style="color:#341110;">r</span><span style="color:#2e1211;">i</span></div><div></div><div><span style="color:#291312;">E</span><span style="color:#231413;">i</span><span style="color:#1d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#171615;">h</span><span style="color:#1d1615;">e</span><span style="color:#221515;">r</span><span style="color:#281514;"> </span><span style="color:#2d1514;">t</span><span style="color:#331514;">o</span><span style="color:#391414;"> </span><span style="color:#3e1413;">C</span><span style="color:#441413;">o</span><span style="color:#491413;">n</span><span style="color:#4f1313;">q</span><span style="color:#551313;">u</span><span style="color:#5a1312;">e</span><span style="color:#601312;">r</span><span style="color:#661212;"> </span><span style="color:#6b1212;">o</span><span style="color:#711212;">r</span><span style="color:#761211;"> </span><span style="color:#7c1111;">t</span><span style="color:#821111;">o</span><span style="color:#871111;"> </span><span style="color:#8d1110;">D</span><span style="color:#921010;">i</span><span style="color:#981010;">e</span></div></i>
827 Posts
Ooc — Will

The Roman listened as Alastor spoke, saying that they indeed did know each other and that Crëyr was the one who pointed him towards the pack. Shadow's gaze flitted over to his subordinate and gave her a small smile and a nod of approval. It had been a good idea to accept her into his pack. He turned his attention back to the fellow grayscale male who confirmed his suspicions and said he wanted to join the pack.

The wolf started with his weaknesses which was unlike most, and the silver male kept that in mind, making sure to remember that when he made the final decision. For the argent male to stay as a pack member in the Legion of Rome or for him to scamper away back into the life of a loner. Crëyr's friend spoke about how he was unfamiliar with the entire area, basically Teekon Wilds, that he wasn't the best of hunters but could track things fairly well. He also stated that he had a good sense of direction, that although he might not know the wilds too well, he knew the path he took to get there.

Similar to Shadow himself then, except for the lack of skill part.

Alright, the Roman said, giving nothing away. Do you have any other strengths I should know about? Also, I will need your name. He smiled, if Alastor was a better hunter.....nevermind. The scales would balance out.

<style type="text/css">.Shadow{width:400px; margin:0px auto; padding:250px 25px 20px 20px; border:3px double #fff; background-image:url('http://i62.tinypic.com/2v29shw.png'); background-position: top; background-color:#1e6b3f; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;} .Shadow-in {width: 385px; padding: 10px; background-color: rgba(255,255,255,0.35); text-align: justify;} .Shadow q {color:#bad2ca; font:13px/2 georgia bold;} .Shadow p {text-indent:30px; color:#2e3f3f; font:11px/2 verdana; margin:0px;}</style>
233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
He was glad to have received a nod of approval from his friend, but soon had his attention drawn back to the other male. Alastor was a bit shocked with himself for not having introduced himself from the start, but tried not to let it show. “My name is Alastor Vranas,” he informed him, a bit of pride evident in his voice as he spoke his family name, it having been the one that belonged to his mother. The yearling that tried to think of anymore strengths that he had, but none seemed to come to mind at first. Then, something came to mind.

“I'm good with the names of flowers and some other plants and things,” the argent boy said. “I can fight fairly well, too.” It was the only skill his father had taught to him, but he never saw a use for it. The only time it ever came in handy was when he was younger, but perhaps it would be useful for once in the new land he was aiming to be apart of.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

when alastor informed shadow of crëyr's recruitment, her sterling leader promptly turned and gave her a nod accompanied by a smile that spoke his words. she returned the smile with one of her own, glad she was of use.

as usual, her alpha then turned back to alastor to inquire him of his strengths and his name. standard protocol. the blue-eyed male introduced crëyr to his surname, followed by a brief list of the strengths he claimed he had. at the mention of flowers, she perked up at the memory of her meeting with him at wapun meadow.

plants and their names would certainly be good for healing and herbs and all that stuff, right? well, he'd probably have to know its uses. the petite female knew that they had a healer that'd recently joined, hjalmar, came his name. perhaps alastor could assist him with that, or something. then they could ramble more about flowers during deep talks.

she chuckled softly, inwardly to herself.

827 Posts
Ooc — Will

“My name is Alastor Vranas,” the other male spoke and then proceeded to say he was also good with the names of flowers and other plants and things, that he could fight fairly well too. A challenging glint appeared in the Roman's eyes and he unconsciously slipped into his native tongue, jucundus". It seems he was in his 'language other than english' mode for he suddenly spoke Greek. The tongue of the Greeks always intrigued the young boy but he usually didn't speak it, but when his mind was elsewhere....

Πόσο ενός μαχητή είσαι όμως?" He canted his head, as if expecting an answer before realizing he spoke another language. And Shadow thought he had gotten rid of that habit already. Annoying as hell.

233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The second the words started to fall from the other male's mouth, Alastor felt a bit joyous. It was the first time he'd come across another who spoke the Greek language since arriving in the land, and it was rather refreshing. He hadn't realized until then that he'd missed hearing the words spoken to him, as it wasn't the same when he just heard his own voice. There was a small pang of homesickness within him, but he pushed it down and out of sight. He had declared to himself that he would be starting anew in the Wilds, and planned to stick by that. The silver boy would never forget his home, as that would be an impossible thing with all the memories he held of it, but he would at least try to move on from it. Though, he could not abandon the language he thought was so pleasant sounding.

Παλεύω όταν είναι απαραίτητο,” Alastor stated, not wanting to miss out on the opportunity to speak to another in his first language. Αλλά εγώ δεν θα με πείραζε φιλικό αγώνα κάθε φορά σε λίγο.” In Pelion, the yearling had often sparred with his brother, but it never lasted long. Either it would end quickly because his brother got tired and gave up, or their mother would force them to stop. It was never all too fun, and had hardly done anything to help him improve his skills. Had it not been for his father making an appearance every once in awhile, Alastor would have still been acting childishly during spars and battles, rather than being focused.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

crëyr, unsure of what they were on as they spoke, stayed back for now. she knew of shadow's ability to speak multiple languages, and promptly she wondered about the language the two males had spoke. roman or something?

she wished to understand whatever they were saying, but it was fine with the sterling warden either way.

827 Posts
Ooc — Will

The Alpha was about to correct himself and speak in the common tongue when Alastor replied in Greek, drawing a faintly amused look out of the sterling leader and a slight raise of his eyebrows. Ενδιαφέρουσες. Μιλάτε ελληνικά, είσαι Έλληνας?" Shadow spoke softly. If he was a Greek....well....a Greek in the lands of Rome. Interesting. Είμαι ένας Ρωμαίος" He added in Greek before switching back to English.

Your application to join my pack was not the best, he paused, adopting the impassive, expressionless, stoic look again. Gleaming platinum eyes meeting Alastor's blue ones. However........you pass. Welcome to Noctisardor Bypass, Alastor Vranas, serve the pack well and you will carry the honor and glory and kinship of being one of us. the platinum Roman stepped forward and touched his nose to the youth's forehead, formally marking him as one of their own.

233 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Last post from me. :)

The yearling was sure that his friend would not understand the Greek language, and felt a bit bad for speaking it because of that. Even so, those thoughts were quickly lost to his own bit of joy as the Alpha, once again, spoke in the familiar tongue. Ναι, είμαι, he answered, pride of his heritage clear in his voice. There was a bit of interest in his eyes when he heard the other say he was Roman, as the boy had never met a Roman people. He'd heard tales from his mother, but had never actually had the privilege of meeting one—until now, anyways. Δεν έχω συναντήσει ποτέ ένα πλήρες Ρωμαϊκή μέχρι τώρα, he admitted aloud, his last words before following suit and switching back to the most common language of the Wilds.

When Alastor heard the words of his application not being the best, a wave of anticipation washed over him. When the silver leader continued, however, any negative emotions were set to rest, and the youth gave a bow of his cranium. “Thank you for welcoming me into your pack,” the argent boy said. “I promise to serve you, and the pack, to the best of my abilities.” The younger wolf would do just as he claimed, up until the day Charon carries him across the rivers and into the Underworld.

295 Posts
Ooc — nicole

when shadow announced that alastor was in, crëyr beamed. smiling warmly at her friend as her sterling leader went forwards to mark him as one of their own, she stood aside, ready to show him around if shadow was not to take on the role himself.

now they could discuss flowers and siblings and visiting wapun meadow during spring with each other as packmates. it seemed fun.

827 Posts
Ooc — Will
His lips quirked upwards at the boy's response about never meeting a complete Roman until today. "Good to know I have the privilege of being your first ever Roman you have ever met," Shadow spoke dryly, humor evident in his voice. Alastor was an interesting wolf, an interesting Greek, the sterling outrider would enjoy getting to know him. That is, if he chose to stay at the Bypass. Too many had left, without notice, and the silver male was not going to let it happen again. Not too often at least.

“I promise to serve you, and the pack, to the best of my abilities.” Shadow smiled and with a cant of his head and a twinkle in his eye, he replied "I expect nothing else from you," before turning around and beckoning the newcomer with a flick of his tail. "Come on, I'll show you around the territory until the day ends, and then you'll have plenty of time to explore yourself and interact with your new packmates."