Blacktail Deer Plateau dust
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— sight had come to the boy, but along with it, a withering sense of wrongness also. he squalled angrily, flailing onto his back as the ceiling sharpened from a blur into a dark overhang. his father lurked ever close, but casmir wished for the milk-bringer's presence, and was replete with rage at her departure.

the child sneezed. —
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It was not lost upon her how unhappy her youngest child was at being given sight. She was not privy as to why it bothered him, but it seemed to none the less. Perhaps he was a sensitive child, who did not like change. Or perhaps it was just so different he wasn't entirely sure how to take it yet. She had departed at Lasher's prodding to stretch her legs and eat something. Lately he seemed discontent, though she could not find the reasoning for it. So she put it at the back of her mind, a thought to revisit when she knew more and could speak to him about it.

She slowly made her way back to the den and was alarmed at the squalling that came from within. Tilting her downy head she shifted and walked into the den. Nudging and licking the father of her children, her own lover for however long he saw fit to fill that position. She knew that tradition was not one he thrived upon, and she did not hold it against him.

She strode forward and nuzzled the underside of her son's belly. Looking at his milky baby blues. She licked his tiny muzzle and whispered softly Hush little one
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— at his mother's gentle voice and soft lick, casmir settled, cooing softly as he pushed himself into her embrace. 'twas there that he he began to cough and sneeze in earnest, and perhaps there was an extra degree of warmth to his body that had not been there before. he moaned, kicking, and closed his newly sighted eyes, whimpering for the sleep that lurked just out of reach. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue was alarmed at his sneezing and his coughing and she pushed her nose into his fur. Painful aches in her heart as she realized her youngest son was sick with fever. He was so small, that despite how hard she tried. She may not be able to save him. Oh little one. She could not give him anything yet for his sickness, for he was far too small. His body would not take it. She supposed she could take something and he could get it in mother's milk, but she wasn't sure. Frantic thoughts raced through her mind. She could give him raspberries, just a small amount. Those might help a bit. Licking her lips she searched around for some. She had a few stores here, though most were in her healing den.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— the boy groaned his displeasure and sprawled upon the earth, seeking coolness as his body thrummed with hated heat. he was oblivious to his mother's panic, and lapped half-heartedly at the furs lining the denfloor, searching for her weakly. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue pulled him closer holding him in the crook of her front legs. Furiously lapping at his face and eyes. Wondering what on earth she could do. If he had a fever he could spread it to the other two. She just didn't know what to do, this was her own flesh and blood and he was sick. And every whine, every cry cut through her heart like a thousand tiny knives. She whined softly.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— Casmir whined lowly, shifting under her kisses. His eyes opened briefly, taking in her blurry form, and, gathering the breath in his lungs, he shouted his displeasure at his discomfort. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue whined softly, unsure what else she could do. She could get him some water. She looked at Lasher and spoke softly There is some moss in my healers den. Could you please get it and soak it with water from the creek? That may bring his fever down. It would not keep it down, but it may help for now. She couldn't put him in the cold water, but bathing his head and paws may help.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
— swiftly, lasher succumbed to blue willow's wishes, and delivered her the soaked moss with alacrity. in his mother's embrace, casmir churned and whined, tiny pants emanating from his miniscule muzzle. —
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Grasping the water in her muzzle she slid it lightly across his face and tiny paws. The fire that burned deep within him, warring to win. She would not let it. She licked his face inbetween, her own tongue cooled now with the moss. She set it to the side to see if it helped a little bit, and should she get more.
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last post for me!

his small body cooled beneath her skilled touch, and his fever-dreams cleared. sick as he was, casmir would not recover for some time, but his mother's quick work had surely saved him from a hot death in the night.

he dreamt of her that eve.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue would cover him in coolness, throughout the night. She would fight the battle against death, especially for her son. And she would willingly give herself for anyone of them. He was soon cooled and calmer and she smiled softly. She would stay awake this night. Make sure that he lived throughout the night.