Greatwater Lake drive it like you stole it
<i>"Sometimes there is no darker place than our thoughts, the moonless midnight of the mind."</i>
171 Posts
Ooc —
Rainier seemed to expect and even appreciate the offer, yet Koontz knew he would not simply drop everything and follow her. He would have to consider it, as well as discuss it with his companion. Carolina did not seem as taken with the offer, though the Redleaf-DiSarinno did not read anything into this. They'd only just met and didn't know the first thing about one another. Of course the unfamiliar she-wolf would not blindly accept the offer, even with Rainier's influence.

At Rainier's question, a small grin touched Koontz's lips. "Ariston's older than us but still pretty young. He's really goofy and sometimes I wonder if he knows what he's doing—what he got himself into. He's a good guy, though, with a good heart. With me backing him up, I think we'll be okay." A single fang protruded from beneath a black lip as she continued to smile, trying not to beam like a fool at her accomplishments. She maintained a sense of casual humility. "When you come to visit, I'll make sure you meet him," she finished.

Turning sideways, Koontz's strikingly pale eyes scanned the lake. "So, how's the water?" she asked, eyes flicking to Rainier's coat, which was darkened with moisture. Despite growing up by the seaside, Koontz did not much like swimming and she knew Rainier likely remembered that. Deep water intimidated her; who knew what lurked beneath the dark surface? Back home, sharks and other large predators had been a very real risk. Here, she probably needn't worry about being eaten alive, yet still she did not much enjoy the idea of going out there. She might stick her feet in the water to cool off, yet she wouldn't do more than wade.
Messages In This Thread
drive it like you stole it - by Rainier - July 19, 2013, 08:54 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Koontz - July 19, 2013, 09:41 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Rainier - July 19, 2013, 10:00 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Koontz - July 19, 2013, 10:19 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Rainier - July 19, 2013, 10:38 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Koontz - July 19, 2013, 10:51 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Rainier - July 19, 2013, 11:45 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Koontz - July 20, 2013, 11:06 AM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Rainier - July 31, 2013, 05:59 PM
RE: drive it like you stole it - by Koontz - July 31, 2013, 09:30 PM