My Words Can Come Out Like a Pistol
247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
@Onyx set off pack lands

The chocolate hued traveler sighed in relief when the fresh sea are reached her nostrils. She had finally reached the coast. Her paws were tired and her belly rumbled in hunger since the last thing she had eaten was a scrawny hare on the way. Coming to the decision that she would hunt after she met someone, she headed towards the crashing waves.

When she finally reached the beach, she picked her way carefully across the drift wood until she reached the damp sand. It felt cool on her aching paws as she stared in awe at the huge expanse of water looming before her.

Having grown up in the dry valleys of southern Idaho, the girl had never seen the ocean. The sheer size of it stunned her and she just stood there, gazing out across the horizon, the wild wind ruffling her thick winter fur.

Completely forgetting her mission, Kesuk walked down the beach, towards the crashing waves. Because of her accident in the river, the girl was slightly hesitant to go near the water, but once it settled from the wave, it looked pretty harmless. She quickly dipped her dark paw in the water before yanking it back out and scurrying backwards.
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx was walking down the beach at a steady trot to no where, often tripping over her own long legs. She spotted a dark brown blur down by the water. She jogged towards the blob. Soon she began to realize it was a canine, a wolf. Hello! I am Onyx. She introduced herself, calling out loudly to the wolf. Soon she was a few feet away. Don't drink it. It's salty. The young girl referred to the sea, noticing the chocolate lady before her testing the water with her paw.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk turned her head to see a shadow trotting towards her. The closer she got, the more it resembled a wolf. The black wolf was very friendly and Kesuk smiled at her. She smelled like she was in a pack around here, hopefully the bay pack.

She lowered her nose and carefully sniffed the water. She sharply pulled her head back up in disgust when the salt stung her nose. The girl was right, it would be disgusting to drink.

"Nice to meet you, Onyx. I'm Kesuk" she returned the greeting, dipping her head, though not low enough to catch the sting of the salt again.

"May I ask, are you from the pack that lives in the bay?" she asked, tilting her head ever so slightly.
So they shipped me off to the orphanage, said "ditch those roots if you wanna fit in".
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx quickly noticed Kesuk's matching blue eyes, just like Onyx's. They were pretty, she thought. Hi Kesuk. Nice to meet you too. Your eyes are like mine. She added. When the lady continued, Onyx nodded. Yes. I am from Stavanger Bay. We live there. She told Kesuk, pointing her muzzle back behind her towards the Bay, before turning back to look at the dark brown female.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
She smiled when she realized the dark girl was right, they did look very similar. Not only did they have the same bright, icy eyes, but their coats were both dark shades as well.

Her gaze slid over to the place where Onyx had pointed, but she couldn't really see much but beach. She supposed that was good protection for the pack though.

"I'm from the Blacktail Deer Plateau pack, if you've heard of us." she offered, the smile still on her face. She liked Onyx, she was very kind, unlike some she had met before.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Her face twisted in confusion. Blacktail? Blacktail Deer? Are those a thing? Mama told me about whitetailed deer, never blacktails. I haven't heard of your pack, but you smell a little like someone else I met recently called Osprey. Maybe you are from the same pack? She suggested. Her mind flitted back to blacktail deer, and could imagine a deer that was completely black- just like Onyx! Well, except for her white toes, of course. Deers couldn't have toes, they had hooves.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
She smiled as Onyx's face crinkled with confusion and she could only imagine the poor girl trying to picture a blacktail. They were pretty rare and the only herd she knew of lived on the plateau.

When the shadow pelted shewolf mentioned a wolf named Osprey, Kesuk racked her mind for someone baring that name. She had definitely heard of her, but she had never met her face to face. "Yeah, Osprey is in my pack, though I've never met her. I actually just got back into the pack." she admitted, remembering the small period of time where she tried to leave the pack and Koda.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
getting off now.. bye.

Onyx was confused again. Back in? Were you gone? She asked, her curiousity fizzing. Before Kesuk could reply, she kept going. Why'd you leave? Where'd you go? She asked nosily. She really didn't mean to be, but hey, she was missing four months of her life. Four months she could have been learning about the world and manners and life. Instead she spent four months pretty much curled up in a hole underground all the time, mourning. She missed her.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk laughed a bit at Onyx's onslaught of questions. She was happy to answer them, but she was happy that she hadn't made those choices.

"Long story short, there was some pack drama, and I left. My mate, who wasn't my mate at the time, was going to come with me, but then he decided he didn't want to. I left anyways and we were both miserable, so I came back." she explained, not really wanting to go into the details. She had come here to learn about the pack that lived by the mysterious ocean, not tell stories about herself.

Then she tilted her head and studied the girl in front of her. There was something in her eyes that she couldn't identify and it was bugging her to no end. "What about you? What happened to you?" she inquired.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx listened as Kesuk explained what had happened and that she had reunited with her mate. It sounded sweet, like a little love story. Then Kesuk asked what had happened to Onyx. She was confused. What had happened to her? Nothing really, in Onyx's mind. What do you mean? Nothing really happened to me. I joined the Bay a while ago after my Alpha Ypres died and my pack disbanded. Before that Mama died when I was really little, but I lived alone for four months before deciding to live with Wheeling Gull Isle. But nothing big ever happened to me. Because in Onyx's mind, her mother's death when she was four months old hadn't happened to her, it happened to her mother. Her Alpha Ypres dying hadn't happened to her, it happened to Alpha Ypres. Nothing had really happened to Onyx herself, in her mind.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
The oblivious wolf seemed confused at Kesuk's question, but when she said her mom had died, and especially at a young age, Kesuk immediately knew that was it. Her parents were dead too. The hardest part was she hadn't been able to say goodbye, not even to their bodies. No one had ever found them.

When she had first left her home, she refused to except it and just ignored the event all together. And she thought that was exactly what Onyx was doing.

"Your mom died? I'm sorry, that must have been really hard" she said sympathetically, not giving any hint that she had gone through the exact same thing.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx nodded a little. Yeah. I think it's okay now. But neither of us were expecting it. She sighed quietly. Her mother hadn't seemed to know it was ill. She ate the gull. Two days later she was lying on her deathbed saying her final words to Onyx before an angel would take her away from life. The kiss of death would be upon her. Onyx had mourned underground. After a week she was starving and came out to hunt. Her schedule became living underground and hunting every other day. It suited her for four months, before she became curious and restless. And she set out across the sea to begin her little life.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk nodded her head sympathetically. It was even worse when it happened with no warning. She would know.

"Yeah, it was horrible when my parents died. I definitely wasn't expecting it." And there it was. Now Onyx knew about her parents. The ice eyed wolf rarely told anyone about what happened to them, not even Koda knew, but here she was, telling an almost complete stranger. But she felt like she could trust Onyx, because she had gone through something very similar.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx's ears flattened. Kesuk had been through the same thing! Onyx had no idea there were other orphans around here. She wasn't the only one at the orphanage anymore. She felt accepted, even if she didn't know if Kesuk accepted her. I'm really sorry your parents died. I had no idea. A river killed my father, an illness my mother. She sighed to the wolf. She felt it was okay to share with the wolf, she was trusty, they were orphans together.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk smiled at the obsidian pelted she-wolf, it was good to meet someone who had gone through the same experiences, someone who knew exactly how she felt.

"Yeah, it was pretty terrible. No one ever found out what happened to them. But it's okay, I mean I still miss them a lot, but being in a pack definitely helps." she replied. She hoped Onyx was in a good pack, with friends that could take care of her. Even though they had just me, Kesuk felt a strong bond to her almost twin.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

She listened as Kesuk said that nobody knew what had happened to her parents. At least Onyx knew. This girl maybe had to put up with having them just suddenly go missing. Dissapear. She nodded when Kesuk mentioned that a pack helps. Yes, a pack becomes a new family for you. They become your new friends. She told Kesuk, even though she did not feel like family to Stavanger Bay, in fact, she barely had friends. Could she consider Ragnar and Thistle friends? They were alphas, and adults. If they weren't friends then the only others she'd met were pups, almost too young to know her words. Leila was a friend, though. She really wanted to see her amiga again, and couldn't wait. And maybe Kesuk was a a friend too.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Kesuk nodded at Onyx's statement. That was exactly it. If the umber-furred female had known about Onyx's almost friendlessness, then she would have done something immediately. No on should have to live like that.

"Yeah, they do become your family." she said smiling sadly when an idea struck her. "You should come and visit the plateau sometime!" she spoke excitedly.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer

Onyx nodded, despite how alone she felt sometimes. It was okay. She had a friend, Leila. Onyx couldn't wait to see Leila again, and she hoped she had been able to find The Grey Man and The Sun Lady. The Plateau? Sure, I could meet all your friends and stuff! Onyx said excitedly at Kesuk's idea. Suddenly a thought struck her. Friends, Kesuk?

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
I hope this is what you meant lol

She noticed a glimmer of sadness in Onyx's eyes before she quickly covered it up and said she would love to visit. Her next question surprised Kesuk a bit. Of course they were friends, how could they not be?

"Of course! And I'm sure my pack would love to meet you as well." she finished with a warm smile.
182 Posts
Ooc — summer
sorry for taking so long! All my onyx threads have been taking so long due to my lack of muse for her at the moment. Last post from me!

Onyx's blue eyes seemed to sparkle like sky crystals as Kesuk said they were of course friends. Her tail wagged gently and a smile split her face. Onyx looked forward to meeting Kesuk's friends, family, and friends with benefits. I think I should go, Kesuk. I hope we can see eachother again! I'll visit sometime. Goodbye! She said with a little smile, her diamond eyes sparkling with joy as she began to walk off, her long gangly legs nearly tripping over eachother.

247 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
It's totally fine, I just wanted to finish it up :) Thanks for the thread :D

Kesuk smiled as she watched Onyx's eyes absolutely sparkle as she told her that they would be friends. Her tail wagged along with her new friends and she gave her a smile when she said she should probably get going.

"Alright, it was so nice to meet you! And don't forget to visit!" she called after her, her tail wagging in happiness. After Onyx disappeared from sight she turned away from the majestic ocean and set back on course for her own home.