Mount Apikuni Think it through
Tempt the devil with an Angel's grace.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
It wasn't very often that Jace left the Sunspire. He was more of a homebody at heart. But today dawned bright and fair as Winter was beginning to fade. They still had some time before it was completely gone, but here it was getting nice. He tilted his head and let the rays of sun hit the jet black fur of his face.

He stopped a moment to sniff at his fur and the wounds that lay there scabbed over and growing shut. It was interesting to see how wounds healed. They weren't so bad and most he couldn't even fill anymore, he was infintitely glad the ones on his balls were no longer there. That had hurt so badly, he never wanted to go through that again. Tilting his head he let a soft song lift off of black lips to settle down over the mountainside. He held ears tilted forward as it descended enjoying the notes as they swelled down the mountain.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Hope you don't mind me butting in! Hi :3.

Scarlett had always been sure footed on mountains and ridges, especially living on a Glacier helped to practice her balance and footwork on slippery slopes like that. After she visited Ravensblood Forest to see the Sequoia trees it took her several days to get back to the Glacier she called home. Yet, her curious nature slowed her down greatly. The albino female often laid her eyes on the mountain she was climbing up the slope. She hoped she got a glance of her beloved home like she would glance at this mountain from he top of the Glacier. Scarlett could only see this mountain on clear days. Still, she decided it was worth visiting.

Her red eyes scanned the surroundings, while her ears and nose were alert for anything out of the order. Her brain was registering the plants and wildlife on the slope. It could always come in handy if a healer needed the location of a plant. She as a naturalist needed to know that along with the weather patterns and information about the wildlife population. Her ears perked up at the melodious howl. Her small body grew rigid as she listened. Scarlett couldn't deny herself from responding to the song. Her voice soon returned the same notes to the wolf that voiced before, wanting to join in his song.

Her light colored body carried herself up the slope to then realize a dark figure was trotting towards her. Scarlett perked her ears once more at the stranger. She was eager to meet the man with the beautiful howl.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace's ears perked forward when another howled joined his, it was a voice he didn't recognize. He trotted towards it and came across the owner of such a voice and offered her a smile. Crooked and boyish he dipped his muzzle to the ground. Blue eyes alighted onto white fur, and red eyes. An Albino how curious. He tilted his head and shifted his weight trying not to be looming, after all he was a large fellow and she wasn't very big.

How do you do miss. I'm Jace, thanks for joining in there. It's just too beautiful of a day not to let the world know. He shuffled his feet, and looked around. Then back to her face, but averted his eyes so as to not pose a challenge, he had no wish to mar this day with violence.
I am more easily attainable for threads now. But please do bear in mind that I have three children under the age of five at home. And they do take up a lot of my time.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett tugged up her lips in cheer as she found out the dark wolf was a polite male. Oh she always liked those. Her tail wagged in a friendly matter, still being held low. She didn't feel that dominant herself. Scarlett noticed how much larger the male was but he did a good job to make her feel more comfortable. Her red eyes fell into his blue ones for a moment. But it was no way in a dominant matter. "I'm very well. Nice to meet you Jace, I'm Scarlett," she introduced with a hint of a smile on her lips. She was always smiling so it seemed.

Her pale coat was highly in contrast with the male. She wondered how it would have been if her coat was black. Her father was, and her mother was a dark brown color with dashes of cream. She would probably have a dark coat if she didn't had the albino gene. Her red eyes looked friendly. "It is a beautiful day indeed. Especially to explore this mountain on this fair winter day. I'm glad I took the time to take a trip up this slope. I can see my home from here!" Scarlett hummed softly at that thought. "You have a lovely singing voice by the way. It made me want to join into your song," she admitted, blushing lightly if she could.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was a dominant wolf by nature, he had to be being a beta. But he tried to not be over bearing around others. Unless they were at the very edge of his borders she was a little ways away, so she was good. He returned her smile. Settling to his haunches, he shifted his shoulders and perked his ears forward.

Jace turned his gaze towards where she looked. You are from the glacier that Tuwawi and Njal founded then? he grew quiet as he thought of the male and female. Two wolves he had loved as family, and had lost all in one fell swoop, thanks to Ferdie. Who was no longer in the pack as it were anyway. He chuckled and gave her another smile. Thanks i got it from my dad. You should hear my sister if you want to hear a pretty sound.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett watched the male sit down, meaning that he did not saw her as a thread. The pale female stayed on her fours so there was always an easy escape. She could be too trusting at times. Her ears perked up when the male talked about her pack! He knew it! "Yes! I think so at least. I never seen those two around. I do take care of the hunting lessons for their daughter Maera," she spoke almost proudly. She liked being a caretaker and one day she would definitely be her own mom. She hoped it would happen soon. That was mostly all her mind could think off.

His smiles were as charming as his face. "I do not know who your sister is but I will keep my ear out once I am in the neighborhood," she smiled shyly. She told herself to keep it together now. This was a typical moment she could stumble over a rock or run into a tree. Her nose moved in curiosity. "Which pack are you from? I don't think I've met any of your family." It was good to know where each pack was located and how their levels of ferocity was. If one needed help she might be able to knock on a door of one or two packs. She realized she would take in a wounded stranger. But maybe Malachi didn't approve of that she wasn't sure.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was surprised about Njal and Tuwawi, Bazi had not told him they no longer ruled. Perhaps even she didn't know, he wondered if he should make a visit that way. Though he wasn't exactly welcome there, no best to leave them to their own. It was what they wanted wasn't it anyway, that was why they had started afresh. A soft pang of longing came over him at the thought of the brood. He had never seen them born, but he remembered her being pregnant. It saddened him a bit that he would never see their children. That is good of you.

Jace chuckled Her name is Vienna Songbird my sister is and her voice is as pretty as her name. I'm from the Sunspire, here on the mountain. We are tightly knit and rather quiet. We stick mostly to our own. Jace and the pack, they would guard their borders with a ferocity bordering on crazy, but if they were in neutral territory it wasn't so bad. What brings you out exploring on such a beautiful day?
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett had no idea that this dark colored wolf knew the two earlier mentioned wolves well. She thought he might have heard about them ruling the other mountain. "It is. I really like it," she assured. As the male chuckled her ears moved on top of her head. It was nice to find a wolf in such a good mood. "Oh! It is even in her name. Are you called Jace Songbird?," she asked with the cutest head tilt. That would be a really charming name to have. She liked it. She was 'just' Scarlett. They didn't allow her to carry the last name of the family. The light female didn't mourn about it since she would hate to carry their name any how.

"Sunspire. I haven't heard of it. But I guess your explanation says all," she hummed in a gentle tone. "Well actually. I was on my way back home. I am working on my Naturalist trade and went to see the Sequoia Trees in Ravensblood Forest! Now I walked past this mountain, which I usually look at from afar. I though. Well, I could use this nice day to look what type of wildlife and plants are here. Now I realized there is a pack close by, which is also good to know its location off," she smiled, pleased with herself and her findings.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace had known them well, had considered them friends. He had lost that right, forfeited it when he had blindly followed where his friend lead. He laughed out loud a deep merry chuckle and shook his head. No for the males in my family it is different. We go in search of our name? Based on how we are or what we do is how we get it. My name is Jace Du'Andris. It means Soul Warrior. He chuckled at her head tilt, it was cute as she was. Once you got past the red eyes at first, cause let's face it that was a scary color, but they were nice on her. Warm and inviting, better than red like blood or something of the sort.

we have many nice plantlife here. I can show you some if you like when spring comes? There's not much right now. That wasn't entirely true, there were a lot of flowers still in bloom near the hot springs, mostly because it was warm and steamy there. But he couldn't just take her into the heart of his home territory, it wasn't allowed. He wouldn't do that anyway, not even leaf had the chance to see his home. His fiery little imp, he missed her.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett listened with interest when Jace told about his background. Males got different names? Oh. That was good to know. Vienna must have an amazing singing voice then to be called like that. She wondered what her surname would be? She knew what her family called her. Scarlett the Red-Eyed Monster or just "Monster" in general. Wow that thought got her a bit sad. No she wasn't like that. Maybe... Scarlett the Caretaker. Hmm. She liked that. Or Scarlett the wise. Ohhh. She needed to stop her own thoughts to focus. "That is truly wonderful. Soul Warrior, that sound beautiful in a way. But on the other hand, not so beautiful? I mean, are you at war with your soul?"

Maybe it was a bold question to ask? She didn't want to come across as rude. The small female hunched a bit since she wasn't sure how he would react. "Ohhh! I'd like that! Little Néa wants to be a healer so if I tell her which plants are here she might be able to use them. We will be a good team. I know which pants are were and she knows how to apply them," she hummed almost proudly. "There is definitely more plants than on the glacier," she joked lightly.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace didn't really know exactly how his sister had gotten her name. Their parents had given it to her upon her birth. Mom had told him, as soon as she was born Vienna had let loose a catterwaul that made the birds pause. So it was perfectly acceptable to him for her to have the last name of Songbird. And she had grown into it. He shook his head It's complicated, my friend had a very dark mood, he was depressed and had anger issues. One day I had to intervene when he was out of his mind and tried to attack another. He said that that day I helped him fight for his soul and win. I don't really know exactly what it means, but I get the jest of it. he shrugged good naturedly. He didn't mind sharing the story of his last name, though he did leave out the part that he suffered from much of the same infliction though he handled his better.

He smiled again, sounds like a good trade to me. Vienna my sister, she's trying to learn the healing trade. Maybe i'll bring her along too. HE shifted and curled his tail tightly around his paws.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett listened to his story in awe. The female found it immensely heroic that he would do such a thing. Fighting ones soul was harsh. Scarlett always wondered if her mother's soul was poisoned because she hated her daughter so intensely. The albino often questioned why her albinism triggered so much hate in her mother. The young female would probably never find out. Somehow she was at peace with that, only because she wouldn't have to face her mother ever again. "I do get it. But that is a very charming name. I think it suits you," she complimented with one of her shy smiles.

Scarlett bobbed her head. "I always been an observer. Plants are curious things, they are alive in away, and I suspect they even communicate with each other through their roots. I could talk about it for hours. Especially when a topic turns to weather patterns or wildlife. Even though we are predators I do like my occasional chat with one of the birds--- Now I probably sound like a weirdo. I promise I am very normal!," the female assured. Thanks to her past she always thought everyone was going to judge her for was she was doing.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace shook his head at the awed look on her face. Just like Leaf this one was making him a hero, he was not painted that way. He was a devil a demon and many best remember that. Any small thing could cause him to go off, and it usually was a blood mess he left behind. He tried to control it, and usually did well. But ever so often his temper got the best of him and usually the best of his hide. Thanks but don't paint an angel where a demon resides. that was all he said about that.

Jace laughed at her and shook his head No you're not weird. Just a naturalist and one of my dear friends and alpha is sort of like that .She thinks that some of the ocean's pull has to do with the moon. What do you think?
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlet raised her brows in surprise. The male across from her did gave her a safe feeling but maybe he was just pretending? She felt her lift one of her front paws in hesitation. Her ears had flopped back too more because a sudden insecurity came over her. It was true that she didn't know the black stranger across from her. Luckily the topic of being a Naturalist soothed her. Scarlett calmed down more before she nodded. "Oh yes. I agree with that," she hummed.

She had seen the salty waters up close and noticed where the sand was wet and where it was not. It was clear that it moved more than a lake would. The moon was a strange power. She wouldn't be surprised if it could move water too. "But I do not believe it is the moon only. I've heard someone tell me it was the moon, the sun and the earth we live on working together," she returned. "Very fascinating, don't you think?"
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace was not pretending, he would no more attack her than not breathe. However, he wasn't going to lie to her, when he was a dangerous man. He would do nothing short of give up his life for his pack mates and his pack land. It was that simple really, and many needed to understand that about him. Leaf had not seen it as a good thing, rather as a hindrance that he would so willingly give up himself to save another, but he couldn't help it. However, he also put many in danger with the anger that burned deep within his chest. He smiled at her crooked and endearing.

Jace frowned in thought it is fascinating though it gives me a bit of a headache. I can't imagine knowing all that. I love knowledge don't get me wrong, but the world around us is so full of it. Sometimes it's hard to retain it all. I'm better suited for protecting and fighting. I carry the trades of gamekeeper, warden and warrior respectively.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was not pretending either. She was a kind natured female and wouldn't do harm. She hated to see others suffer because of her. One of the main reasons why she was itching to go back to the glacier. The youngsters needed her. But then, the female scolded herself. She had decided to come here for her Naturalist trade. It had been a fruitful trip. First she went to the sea and watched the lumps of fat, which ended up being called seals. Then she continued to the Sequoia trees and now to this mountain range with all types of plants. She felt more knowledgeable and a seasoned traveler.

"It is fascinating, although, I can imagine that it might be headache worthy. Here are so many natural phenomenon that leave us clueless. We can only grasp to some conclusion by guessing. Maybe I am wrong and it is only the moon who is the cause to let the water behave in such way," she returned with a smile on her maw. "I can see that. I am going for Caretaker and Naturalist then. I haven't figured out what my third one will be. I might go for healer? Yet, that is also very... nerve-wracking trade to obtain. If you make a mistake it could kill or permanently damage someone."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace did not know of what the Teekon wilds held. He had never really be a traveler. He knew of the Sunspire, the Creek, the sea and the Glacier. Any further than that and his knowledge was limited. He was sure there were more packs out there, more places to explore. However, he had no drive to do so. he preferred being here on the mountain as the beta and not going anywhere.

Jace chuckled We have at least 2 aspiring healers in our fold. My sister and our alphess. It is mind boggling, but that's what we should seek in this world isn't it, knowledge. After all we can not grow if we don't learn and accept that which is around us. I'm glad you found so many amazing things on your travels. Ah caretaker, you seem the nurturing type. I'd be afraid I might squish them accidentally. It was true though young ones scared the living daylights out of him really.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett did a lot of traveling already. It made her feel refreshed and stronger of body. She wasn't the one to fight but she had the stamina to run for a long time. She traveled quite some distance. She wondered how much. Often when Scarlett travels she combines it with one of her trades or meets wolves that might come handy as allies later. Or, of course, she meets wolves she rather not see again. It also gave her a nice view of where the locations were of other packs. A pleased smile tugged on her lips.

Scarlett licked her lips. "That is the problem, we don't have a healer in our pack. We had an aspiring youngster who showed interest in healing but I haven't seen that youngster for a week now since I've been traveling. Hopefully she will still be there when I return," she smiled. Her head bobbed to confirm she was very nurturing. "It comes natural to me for some reason. I never had the most nurturing family. I have been missing that particular aspect of my life so maybe that is why I like to nurture everything that is younger than me? Who knows," she chuckled. "At least I know it is helpful for the pack I am in now. I can help out, and that is very satisfying."
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace and Scarlett were opposites if they had spoken out of their adventures. Jace was a homebody, did not adventure hardly at all. He also was a fighter, fighting all the time. As he grew he was trying to calm down, but his blood still ran hot and crimson.

Jace pushed his ears forward What's her name and what's she look like? If I happen to see her in my travels I'll send her back your way? Jace didn't see anything wrong with younger wolves striking out on their own. After all he had been about 6 months old a little older when he had gone out on his own. That's good I'm glad you have found your place. Nurturing is well and good, you should be proud to have that trade. A lot of wolves are not as kind nor as nurturing and it can cause problems.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett was really proud of her caretaker trade. She had never gotten a trade at her old pack, they would just give her the pups to babysit. Which was not very logical if they disliked her so much, then why put her as a babysitter on impressionable minds. Unfortunately all the wolves she babysat turned out to be mean to her too. Luckily she knew that this wouldn't happen at Duskfire. She had found her home there.

"Oh! How kind. Yes, please. Her name is Néa, short for Linnéa. She has a light build and has not reached her grow spurt yet. And, she has a cute clumsy side that makes her totally adorable,' Scarlett hummed lovingly. The female bobbed her head. "Definitely. Well there are also wolves needed like you, soul warrior.," she returned respectfully. Her red eyes glanced over him. "Maybe one day I will return to this mountain and then I will have to meet your songbird sister," Scarlett returned. She liked that.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Jace prided himself on his morals and values. And one thing he did not do was pick on another, for a difference of opinion or feelings. He remembered one time that Bazi had gotten upset with him for his own opinion. It had been strange for him to deal with, having grown up way differently. Had he known how Scarlett was treated he probably would have let her family know exactly what they could do with themselves, only because it wasn't kind.

Jace could hear the love in her voice, You love her a lot don't you? Jace chuckled You're welcome to come to our neutral territory or to our borders and I'll bring her around. He wasn't trying to dissuade her from coming, he just didn't want her to cross over the borders. He didn't want to have to hurt her for trespassing. You can come visit whenever you like just give a howl. I don't leave the territory very often.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Scarlett felt the skin under her fur heat up, luckily that fur made it also invisible to the other that she was blushing. "I.. Do,' she admitted. "She came the Glacier because she was orphaned and I couldn't help it. I had to be there for her. She has mostly been my second shadow ever since. Although this trip was a bit too much for her, so I let her stay at the Glacier. I think she will be very happy to see me," she grinned. At least Scarlett hoped Néa would be happy to see her. Surely she would!

Scarlett bobbed her head in thank you. "I will remember that. I do know that it is not smart to cross a pack's border don't worry. I will howl and wait politely in neutral territory!," she assured. "I would like that. Thank you for the offer. And you are also welcome to visit Duskfire if you ever felt the need to leave your home," she spoke in return.
1,007 Posts
Ooc — Danni
He chuckled softly There is nothing wrong with that. More should be like you. He did not fault her for caring for those she lived with. He himself loved most of his pack mates, counted them friends. Granted they were not large in number. I am sure she would be happy to see you.

Jace clicked his tongue sadly, I don't think i'll be visiting there. Njal and I do not see eye to eye on things. We parted company badly. I regret it, but it has happened and he and I are in an uneasy truce and I have promised to not venture close to the pack lands. But thank you. You are welcome here though and I will look forward to it.
Mama Bear
1,006 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Feel free to achieve or round it up on your side! Thank you, Danni <3 I liked this thread!

Scarlett bobbed her head. "Thank you. I wish that was indeed so," she admitted then. Some wolves were really bitter, if only they channeled that bitterness in another way. "I hope so," Scarlett hummed. The pale female slowly tipped her head and then looked curiously at Jace.

Soon he told her the answer. "Oh, but Njal has left the pack!," she assured. "Although I would be polite and honorable to keep to your truce," she admitted with a soft smile. Scarlett looked over her shoulder to the Glacier. Her smile broadened when the male spoke about looking forward to seeing her. "Then I will make sure to return soon," Scarlett returned. "I will be leaving you then. Thank you, Soul warrior," she bowed her head respectably before going in another direction.

Current time: April 28, 2024, 04:45 PM Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2024 MyBB Group.