Blacktail Deer Plateau silver teddy bear
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
finn wants to meet the bebes! @casmir @constantine @eilidh
of course with parents consent @Blue Willow and/or @Lasher

[size=medium]"If I had a heart you're the one who should break it"[/size]

[size=small]It wouldn't be surprising if he was the last yet to arrive. Despite his promise to visit (which he had done once or twice) the silver Delta had not shown his face since the new Mayfair puppies had arrived to the world. He had asked for them, of course, but had not dared to venture yet close to the den where the three new babies rested.

That until now.
With hesitant yet quick steps he carried himself to the den that Lasher had gifted his partner, a beautifully dug out den that layed adorned with the the soft doe skin and the bear carpet he had brought it. As he neared the gaping entrance of the Betas' home he slowed down, parting his lips and tasting the air to determineif perhaps the father was inside or if it was just Willow who laid with the babes.

"..hello?" he whispered gently, not wanting to rouse the probably exausted Healer or her babies but not wanting to go without saying a word either."Momma and kiddos?" he asked, settling onto his haunches and casting an expectant, almost intrigued look towards the dark entrance of the den.
[/size]
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
<3! i'm just gonna post once and feel free to PP lasher after this

<style type="text/css">q {font-family: 'Gentium Basic'; font-style: strong; font-size: 16px; color: #4d924d; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #99C199;} p {margin: 40px 80px 0px 80px; font-family: 'Georgia', serif; color:#000000; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; font-size:20px'} </style>

swampwater eyes opened at the sound of finn's voice, and while his hackles instinctively rose, he swiftly quelled the response. it is i, he called lowly to the other man, in a voice muzzy with sleep, for the beta had been dozing. he had sent blue willow from their shared den to stretch her legs, seek relief, and eat from the caches he had filled. it would not do her well to lie in for days with the children, not when they had been fed and he himself was able to tend them.

come in, he invited the ollivander, shifting himself to the far reaches of the den as he gently nudged the children forward. settling himself to watch, lasher awaited finn's entry.

i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
According the the Soul's Puppy Guide, us puppies can start to hear more clearly and even babble a little around 20/21 days old! Plus, she should be able to take a few wobbly steps soon. :D

The new sense of hearing had introduced itself to Eilidh. Things were still a bit fuzzy in that development and sounds were often a little delayed in reaching her small ears, but the golden girl still heard them. But, hearing them only made her want to produce such sounds. "Ih.. Ih... Eee! Uh ih!" She babbled nonsensically, her face turned towards Lasher as she tried to copy his soft words. For now, she could only produce certain sounds, (mainly vowels,) and those sounds held no meaning to her yet.

When Lasher withdrew to the back of the den and nudged her forward with the rest of her siblings, Eilidh turned to face Finn. The color of him intrigued her. The den, as well as the rest of her family, was dark. Sometimes she caught glimpses of her golden color when she was in certain positions, but besides that, the den was a dark-colored place. Finn's silver color was new to her. Curious by the new color, she crawled towards the Delta.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
eeep cutesss

[size=small] The silence that ensued after his words were pronounced was almost terrifyfing to the inexperienced male, whose idea of a baby was consisted of poop, whines and goo. Silence had not been what he had expected but it was what welcomed him -- that before a voice, one that he recognized invited him in. It was not Blue, but Lasher; Papa Bear.

The fact that he was being welcomed into the den should have been exciting, perhaps a little nerve wrecking due to the man's complete lack of knowledge about newborns but never should it have felt as unnerving. With his ears cupping towards the now eeirily narrowing opening of the family's den he placed a shaky step forwards. Though it was the babes the ones who should be learning to walk it seemed to be him the one in need for a good stabilizing hand to hold him. Never, despite the dangers he had previously faced and the sobriety that had slowly began to enter his system as he got older, had he been able to shake himself off the irrational fear that tight spaces such as dens roused on him.

Though he couldn't recall when, or what had incited such behaviours on him he was fairly sure that this crippling fear had not been one to come by suddenly. Like another extension of his body, a phantom limb, it had been developed from the womb; and in the same manner it would probably perish with him too.

The man shuffled uncomfortably and hovered near the entrance, not daring to poke the entirety of his head in but also refusing to allow himself to back away. He sniffed over the entrance dubiously, his olive eyes settling suddenly on the small, round round body of one of the babes. A girl whose sweetness was perfectly matched by the softness of her inarticulate babbles.

"ee ee eee to you too darling" he responded, almost breathless by the amazement the tiny creature inflicted on him. And even if the idea of peeking further in still terrified him (not only because of his phobia but because the possibility of accidentally squashing her) he still allowed himself to fall onto his bum.

"how are they -- how are you?" he barked soflty, his voice barely audible over the thumping sound of his tail drumming over the ground.
[/size]
leave that old record spinning
745 Posts
Ooc — ebony
cas-cameo!

— The runt of the small litter had not found his voice, and his eyes had resealed with the ooze of fever. he lay placidly nearest his father, muzzle bobbing only briefly toward finn's unfamiliar scent and voice. eilidh's babbles lulled him, however, and he found sleep once more, the hot slumber of the ill. —
please send all PMs regarding garait & casmir to relmyna
[Image: casfoot.jpg]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
When Finn reciprocated her babbles back at her, Eilidh grew ecstatic. "Ee!" She squealed back as she stopped momentarily - producing those vocal sounds were hard enough without multitasking with crawling. But, just as soon as the sound left her mouth, she started crawling again.

Soon, Eiidh was right alongside Finn's silver face, which was easily bigger than her entire body. The size difference didn't matter to her as she bravely crawled right into his nose. Finding herself unable to climb over it, she stopped and did something amazing. She shakily raised herself onto four legs.

The battle of strength and balance only lasted a few moments. Her legs weren't used to holding her up, and were weak. Eilidh refused to give in to them, but eventually they decided for themselves that she would fall over sideways into Finn's snout.
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]With his nostrils flaring delicately over the approaching golden slug that was Eilidh he allowed himself to fall silent. Not because he didn't have anything else to say, but because it had been right there and then that the small baby girl's incredible cuteness managed to reach an unknown place in Finn's heart, which for maybe the first time ever was filled with a million resounding 'awws'. Which were quickly intensified as the little golden blob crashed against his nose, leaning her body against it as her even smaller sausage-like legs flailed in an attempt for her to seize his face.

The Ollivander snorted with amusement as the baby rose to a shaky stance, and not realizing that this surprised reaction might have been the very cause for the baby's wobbly fall he could not help but give a sharp exhale as she toppled over his muzzle. "whoopsie" he barked, slowly twisting his snout so that the girl was given more balance, and in case she fell again, stability in her fall.

"I didn't mean to sweep you off your feet princess but you're a cute one" he whispered, his mind not even aware of the things he was saying. For a man that had never had experience with kids he was doing either a really good job, or an incredibly lousy one.
Hopefully not Momma bear or Papa bear would mind that he used their kids as guinea pigs.
The silver Delta that was Finn Ollivander had made a decision -- these kids would not be strangers to him like Peregrine's brood had been.
[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
With the movement of Finn's nose, Eilidh found herself back on her feet. These moments were also short-lived. Instead of crashing into his nose without meaning to, this time she leaned against it, using it for support as she slowly slid down.

There came a sense of stability with her stomach on the ground. For most of her short life her stomach had been on the ground. Was there any reason to change that now? Although it was fun experimenting with standing, crawling got her where she wanted to go just fine.

No longer concentrating on standing, Eilidh focused on the sounds Finn had made earlier. There were too many to remember them all, so she went with her own favorite which may or may not have been included in his string of sounds. "Eee!" She shouted. When that feat was over, she found time to bat at Finn's snout with a forepaw.
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
the mental image of this is too cute

[size=small] Like a malleable blob of jelly the small golden babe allowed her full weight to fall onto him, a sign that her little sausage legs were yet too wobbly to hold her up properly. Finn had no objections against being the young Mayfair's pillow for the time being he could not escape from the tickling sensation that crawled up his nose as the babe's velveteen fur pressed against his nostrils.

"You just might be-eeee the-eee cutest pup-eee, little thing" he breathed through her fur, not knowing the baby's name but still carrying an endearing tone laced within his voice, especially while making emphasizing the vowels the girl seemed to enjoy so much.
As delicately as he possibly could, the Ollivander attempted to hoist her back to her paws but as her adorably chubby legs refused to respond to his encouragement he allowed her to melt on top of his muzzle. That until the concentrated cologne of Poo & Milk impregnated in the babe's coat, accompanied with the girl's tickling wriggles, made the Finn explode like a blown up balloon.

The sudden jerk of his head caused by his sneeze was perhaps enough to startle them both -- or at least the Ollivander, who with wide eyes and an 'oh shit' escaping through his pursed lips held his head still.
Hopefully the wild bucking of his head had been more amusing for her than it would have perhaps seemed to the careful eyes of his father.. given that he hadn't missed his daughter's rodeo show.

[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
And, I just destroyed it :/

The air flowing through her fur as Finn breathed words was enough to make her giggle. The feeling of it was similar to the one that was a result of her mom blowing on her. The pressure of moving air was enough to make her sensitive puppy skin tickle. The end of it left her babbling nonsensically as she tried to request more by a method other than screeching for once.

Eilidh did end up getting more, but not in the way she expected. The sudden jerk of Finn's head did indeed startle her. She made a surprised squeak as she tumbled backwards. Looking up, she made her infamous screech she had refrained from earlier. Only this time, it held a different meaning.

Eilidh was no longer happy. Not only had her play-thing - aka Finn's head - moved, but her bum hurt too! It didn't hurt that much, and being crushed under her siblings hurt more than that, but it was enough to make the little drama queen cry out.
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
:/

[size=small]Fuck.Fuck.Fuck..
With his ears flattening immediately against his skull and his eyes widening to the size of plates the silver Ollivander watched the small blob of gold tumble dramatically onto her back, causing the very thing he had feared from the start. He had not stepped on her (which had been truly his initial fear) but he had managed to make, the yet inarticulate little thing, express distress towards his actions.
Really? He even made little girls cry?

Quickly, with an apologetic look already shinning upon his olive eyes he sought the Beta's own murky orbs, expecting them to be filled with anger or perhaps disappointment -- but as he looked around, he realized there was nothing to be seen; not unless he poked his head deeper inside, something that of course he was not about to do.
Hopefully, if his luck did its effing job for once, Lasher would have fallen asleep and not noticed..

Shit. Shit. Shit.
He thought anxioulsy as he inspected the babe for any injury. She hadn't fallen from more than a freaking centimeter but with the screechy cries it gave, Finn couldn't be blamed for thinking she had almost exploded or something of the sort. Then, as he failed to see anything bend out of shape or any sausage legs more bloated than usual, he tried to turn her over.

At first he hesitated to even touch her, fearing that any action done by him would only aggravate her more, but after she continued to yell and wriggle he finally pressed his muzzle against her chubby belly, and with the softest movement he could even hope to make he attempted to tilt her as if she was an upside down turtle.

"Sorry, kiddo -- I'm wilder than I look, I guess" he cooed, the words directed at her even if he was aware of her inability to yet comprehend what he said. Then, with the same delicacy he had used he dared to go the extra mile and plant upon the crown of her head a soft peck.

"Shhhh" he continued to murmur, his voice hoping to be enthralling and soothing for the young child.
[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Crying was her specialty. Whether Eilidh was actually hurt or not usually didn't matter when she did cry. Thus, long after the small bit of pain receded she kept up with it. As for why Lasher wasn't doing anything, it was probably more along the lines that she cried so much, he would've had more to worry about if she had been silent for an extended period of time.

When she felt Finn slowly turn her over, her facade faltered. With a few last joyful cries that sounded painstakingly similar to her ones of distress, Eilidh reduced them to incoherent babbling as Finn cooed.

Eilidh recognized the gesture, as Blue Willow and Lasher had done the same to her before. "Eeba ooh!" She exclaimed. While her tone expressed her delight, the words themselves held no meaning. Then, she tilted her golden head upwards. Sloppily, her tongue flicked out of her mouth to plant her own wet kiss on his chin.

While there were many things the Mayfair princess refused to share, free kisses were not one of them.
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini

[size=small]Despite her very convincing act of discomfort, he was soon relieved to find that her scandalous cries and whines were eas ephemeral as the initial fear with which he had approached the little creature. Now, as he nudged the blob of gold that was Lasher's single daughter he held no trace of nervousness in his olive eyes, specially not when Eilidh's laughter rumbled above all other sounds in the den again.
Thankfully, the huge silver play-thing that was Finn was able to rejoice once more with the child's laughter.

Hot air flowed out of his nose as he snorted in amusement at the quick recovery the girl exhibited. Even if Finn's offense had not been significant, it was with inexplicable quickness that the fragile babe bounced back into the game. If only adults could do that, huh?, he mused to himself before the babe's pink tongue smeared a sloppy kiss on his chin.

The gesture, despite the naturality with which was given, came off as a surprise to the male, who as consequence of never interacting with a child before, had never witnessed their cuteness either. But, luckily, Finn was a quick learner, so as fast as the girl's tongue recoiled inside her mouth the Epsilon knew he had to act so that the happy spark that had been ignited by his coos and woos did not die out now.

"Try that on a frog next time and tell me how it goes Princess" he blabbered, the thump! of his tail growing louder as the man exaggerated his delight with a broad smile. "Just wash your mouth after, alright?" he continued to joke, his nose hovering over the crown of her head before pressing against it gently.

"uuuuu uu u he cooed once more, hoping to get a different reaction with the use of a different vowel.
[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
The atmosphere of the den was now cheerful and happy. It would've seemed unhonest if someone walking into the scene was told that only moments ago there was nervousness and unease with either the child or adult. With the adoring tone of Finn's voice and the thumping of his tail that she instinctively knew as a sign of happiness, the moments before were also lost to Eilidh.

The dampness of Finn's nose was felt upon her head as he continued cooing, but Eilidh enjoyed it. The challenge that he presented her was also enjoyed. The sound of this new vowel hadn't come from Eilidh's mouth yet. But, the repetition of it made her try her hardest to make it.

"Ooh!" That wasn't quite right; the sound Finn was making had a different ring to it. "Ooh! Ooh!" Her face strained in concentration, giving her the appearance of being constipated. "Ooh ooh ooh ooh, uu! Uu uu uu!" Eilidh finally managed to say after her numerous failed attempts.

A smile now on her face, Eilidh looked up expectantly at Finn. This was the best part: the part where he praised her!
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
i dont wanna end this but eep i want a new one where eli can speak a bit more and playyyyy

[size=small]By this point it was hard to tell who was having more fun. As the leathery tip of his nose pressed against the baby's delicate skin she squeaked with delight, only encouraging Finn to continue doing what he was doing. With the strong odor of her famous Poo & Milk N.º5 cologne still tickling his nostrils as he nudged the small Mayfair's head, the man really struggled not to sneeze and send her flying again.

He continued to sniff and prod her head softly until a snort could not be longer contained. As the babe tried to mimick the sounds he had challenged her with he pulled his head a couple of inches away from the girl (just for good measure) and allowed a loud,gruff "hrrmmph" to erupt from his chest as he snorted and cleared his nose of the phantom residues of her scent.
But as he turned his head back to her he was greeted with a whole new type of confusion.

With her little brow furrowed and the bridge of her nose wrinkled, the girl looked as if she were about to explode.. and to the inexperienced Ollivander there was only few ways a child could explode.
And the most probable one was, down the bottom.
Oh hell no, he thought as he watched the child open her mouth again to give him, not a shower of unwanted liquid, but an excited chirp of the letter 'u'.
Immediately, the Epsilon's own lips contorted into a crooked half-smile that quickly grew stronger as he realized how close he had thought he had been of having to change a diaper.

"Uuuuuuuuunbelivable!" he woofed, his tail continiung to drum over the cold dirt as he pulled his lips back to reveal his signature hollywood-worthy smile."Smart n' cute" he barked softly before giving the babe the recognition she was seeking.
Verbal praise was not yet understood so without giving much thought on his words --which he now wondered why he even spoke them at all -- he pushed his nose against the small space between the child's emerald eyes and rasped his tongue over her head, slicking back her velveteen fur and giving her a more 'rock & roll' style.
Just like him.
[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Yes! :D

The praise came easily to her. First there were the words he said. Eilidh couldn't understand them, yet felt no need to. Even better was that the one word had that one sound in it, the sound she had just made! Knowing that she could make that sound made Eilidh proud.

The next part of the praise was even better. "Uu uu ee!" She babbled happily as Finn planted another kiss on her head. The fact that Eilidh liked kisses was actually rather surprising, seeing how she hated baths so much. In a way, they were the same thing; basically, both were moving a tongue over her fur. Yet somehow, there was some difference. Even without knowing that small difference, Eilidh hated one and liked the other.
Trades
271 Posts
Ooc — Mini
last for me -- i'll start us a new one if you'd like

[size=small]With a vibrant smile hanging from his lips the silver Ollivander leaned forward once again, his nose inspecting the child's face before his mouth parted to blow out air in her face. Like a child with a new toy ironically the platinumn Epsilon was determined to discover just about everything the small babe could do.
He was intrigued by every little sound and fascinated by the gentle symmetry of her delicate face, a promise of great beauty that would show with the months.

"hmm" he hummed softly letting his chin fall onto his paws as he simply held back to watch her more closely. Finn didn't have much experience with kids -- none really -- but he was willing to broaden his levels of expertise in the case he, one day in the far future, had to test his knowledge with his own little fluff balls.
[/size]
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
It seemed as if Eilidh would be a lab rat for the rest of their time spent together this day. Eilidh didn't notice, but probably wouldn't have cared if she did. After all, she was getting all the attention, and there was nothing she loved more. So, she giggled and went along with Finn's idea, acting how she would normally act in each situation. It was extremely easy when you didn't know about it.
Trades