Redhawk Caldera yes, this is dog
incautious red wrecking ball amwelles · amwelles
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
For anybody Fox hasn't met! @Mikael @Raissa @Prima

Now that she'd bumped uglies with Peregrine (not that it was the first time), Fox smelled more strongly of skunk. Granted, she wasn't half as bad as her mate, but she definitely noticed the pungent odor that followed her around. Not that it bothered her, of course. She had a good feeling Perry's own smell would dissipate in the next week or so, and then everybody could stop whining about it.

Fox had an itinerary today that mainly included meeting her new pack mates. There were three that she'd failed to greet, and it was really starting to wear on her conscience. How could she possibly expect to be a good Alpha if she didn't even know who her minions were? Sitting pretty atop a large boulder at the base of Redhawk Caldera, Fox threw back her head and howled, calling those who had yet to grace her with their presence.
Pregnancy timeline (RHC members only)
Warning: Uses foul language
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Hearing the call of one she had not met yet, the little fire-eyed warrior hobbled over as fast as she could. For being as injured as she was, she would not sit still. Not when there were wolves to meet, places to explore and any thing else she could be doing other than resting. No way.

When she finally reached the base of the large rock where the wolf who called her sat apon, she bowed deeply, trying to be respectful without hurting her ankle any more. Her tail was low and her body was low to the ground when she spoke.

"Hi, I'm Raissa." she barked up to the red wolf atop the rock. She guessed she was Fox, the alpha, if her flame colored fur was anything to go by.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Others are more than welcome to hop in at any time. :)

Fox's call was answered soon enough. The girl was handsome and had the kind of pretty face that Fox had always lacked. Instead, Fox could be described as tomboyish, lanky, scrawny, or just downright ugly, depending on who you were talking to. She was not a beautiful creature, but she had never let that get in her way. Somehow, she'd ended up with one of the most regal males she'd ever come across, and how that happened was completely beyond her.

“I s’pose it’s a bit rude of me to sit up here like I’m queen,” Fox replied, “but the truth is, I am the queen!” She said this in the goofiest way possible, putting her chin to the air dramatically as if she were "too good" for the rest of the world. Laughing, Fox hopped down from atop her "throne" to greet Raissa with a friendly shoulder bump. “I’m Fox, if you hadn’t already figured that bit out. How'd you find us?” Fox expected the usual: wandered upon the border one day and decided it was time to settle down for the winter (or longer).
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa laughed along with the flame coated 'Queen' as she jumped from the rock and greeted her with a friendly shoulder bump. She took an immediate liking to Fox(as she had confirmed). She was funny and she seemed like she wouldn't let anything get in her way.

She bowed again, but this time it was extremely exaggerated over the top. "Well it is very nice to meet you, Queen Fox" she purred extravagantly, her eyes filled with laughter.

She righted her self again, her injured ankle tucked below her and her tail down in a respectful but still casual way. No one had asked her why she had come to the caldera, and she realized that it was because of Fitz. The smile widened on her face as she explained how she had come to call the caldera home.

"I met Fitz when you guys where still at the plateau, but we didn't really talk much then. Then a while later, I was out exploring for a bit and I stumbled into him. That's when we really hit it off. But to cut to the chase, he brought me here." she explained, her eyes lighting up a bit when she talked about him.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Raissa played along, which of course boosted Fox's ego even more. She could get used to this! The newcomer explained how she had come to Redhawk Caldera, and a wave of recognition washed over Fox. So this was the girl who had managed to capture FitzDutiful's attention. And she could certainly see why. Not only was she quite beautiful, but Raissa was also fun to be around. That was only a first impression, of course, but it was a damn good one.

"Guess that means you're the girl he was talkin' about. Unless he was talking about two different girls," Fox said, eyeing Raissa with mock suspicion. "Just kidding. I don't think Fitz would do that. He's a good guy. One of two who followed Peregrine and me to the caldera." Fox didn't blame the others, and she was quite glad they had stayed put. Redhawk Caldera was comprised of wolves who liked their leaders and wanted to be there. Blacktail Deer Plateau had never felt like home to Fox, mainly because many of the wolves had never fully accepted Peregrine's decision to bring Fox on as Beta (and later, Alpha) as soon as she left Swiftcurrent Creek.

"You have any kid skills? I mean, caring for them?" the fiery Alpha asked, trying to gauge whether or not Raissa would be interested in picking up any babysitting shifts down the road.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa laughed when Fox eyed her suspiciously. It was good to know that Fitz was someone they liked and trusted. And of course he was a good guy! Not many would do what he had done for her, and she found herself completely trusting him even though they had only met not too long ago. Raissa's liking of Fox only grew as they talked more. She seemed like a really wonderful person to be around, and definitely someone Raissa would respect as alpha.

She tilted her head to the side a bit at Fox's question. She hadn't been around kids that much, but they always looked so cute. Of course, she probably wouldn't have to patience required for actually taking care of them, but she would definitely want to help if Fox needed any.

"I haven't really had a chance to be around them much, but they are always so adorable! And if you need any help, I would be totally willing." she confirmed, smiling at the thought of little teeny wolves running around. Maybe she could have that someday.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
"I can't promise the adorable part," Fox replied with a wry grin, "But if you want to look after them from time to time, I don't see why we couldn't have that." The pups were still several weeks away, and that would give Fox plenty of time to assess Raissa and make sure she didn't have any hidden demons lurking beneath that pretty face of hers. Peregrine and Fox would need all the help they could get, since their litter was certain to be a paw-ful.

Fox relaxed, stretching her legs out in front of her in a classic downward dog pose before resuming her previous posture. She took a moment to admire Raissa once more, finding that there was some unknown quality that she couldn't quite place. Shaking her head free of the thought, Fox continued. "So what other skills have you brought to us?" she asked.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa tilted her eyes up towards the sky, clearly thinking. What skills had she brought them? She was a good fighter, she supposed, but with her injured paw, she wouldn't be able to put that to much use. Maybe she could try something new, something to go along with her whole new life thing. She had always been interested in herbs, maybe she could look into that!

"Well, I was working on becoming a warrior, but because of this," she spoke, lifting her wonky paw up to show Fox "I don't think that's going to happen any time soon." she sighed, a little sad at the thought of how long it would take to heal. "But I have always been interested in healing! I may be total shit at it, but it's worth a try, right?" she perked up at the thought of trying something knew and smiled at Fox.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fox sucked in her breath when Raissa pointed out her injured paw. Fox had not noticed it before, and she had definitely been through her fair share of injuries whilst training to be a warrior. Not only that, but other injuries that were caused by the accident upon arriving at the caldera. All those had healed, though, and Fox was fit as a fiddle now. “Healing, hm?” Fox asked. She had never been trusting of healers, even Ashton. Blue Willow had given her a bit of this and that, though it was Finley who had given her the truly amazing plants that Ashton seemed to be quite fond of.

“I know Ashton’s into that, but I’ve always believed in the healing power of time and patience.” Fox didn't necessarily want to discourage Raissa from following her passions, although she had never thought of healing as a particularly valuable skill. “But, hey! You should do whatever you think will benefit the pack.” That's what it really came down to in the end.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Raissa felt a similar belief as Fox, time was the best healer, but what else was she supposed to do while she healed, sit around on her but and do nothing? Maybe she could be an Warden of sorts, but that didn't really seem possible at the moment.

"Yeah, I really want to get back to my old work, but too bad for me. Who's Ashton?" she asked curiously. She hadn't met anyone other then Finley, Fitz and the two alpha's at that point and she was really looking to make friends.

And if he knew something about herbs, maybe he could teach her. That would be kinda cool.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
“Just one of the locals,” Fox replied. “I think he and Somnia are a ‘thing’ of some kind.” It seemed like couples were cropping up left and right. Fox was happy for all of them, and she hoped to nurture them here. She also hoped that they would spread their wings if they ever felt cramped in the caldera and went off to found their own packs. That was her real dream, even if some thought it was a bit unconventional. She simply wanted Redhawk Caldera to be an incubator for new packs.

“Have you met anybody else? I’m assuming you’ve run into Peregrine, maybe one or both of the Betas, and of course you know Fitz.” Redhawk Caldera was full of awesome, unique wolves, and Fox liked to think that she had a big part in making it what it was today. Peregrine was also responsible, of course, along with the slew of wolves who had come here after them. They were just one big, awesome, rockin' family. And soon, they'd be host to awesome, rockin' babies.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
My muse has left me, for just about everything, so sorry it sucks x(

She nodded, pretending she knew who Somnia was, even though she had absolutely no idea. Maybe she would meet her someday. To answer Fox's question she quickly ran through a list of all the wolves she had met so far. The result was depressing.

"So far, I've met Finley, Prima, you, Peregrine and Fitz of course. That's kind of depressing." she chuckled a little at the end. She really needed to meet some more peeps, or she was going to be a total loner.
2,111 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sitter
Fade here? We should have an updated one!

“Naw,” Fox replied, “Not depressing at all!” Raissa had only just arrived, and she had all the time in the world to meet and greet her pack mates. Besides, Fox had a feeling that Raissa and Fitz would be spending plenty of ~alone~ time together. Which was perfectly fine, so long as no bastards came of it. Fox and Peregrine had actually decided to encourage other couples to get together. And if they grew strong in Redhawk Caldera, they would then encourage them to branch off and start their own family. A gentle nudge was all that would be needed, Fox assumed.

“Say, why don’t we go raid some caches? Y’know, for bonding’s sake!” Fox rarely caught any of her own meals. Partly because she was lazy, and partly because she just wasn't very skilled. Oh, and there was the fact that Peregrine was always bringing her things, resident Gamekeeper that he was. Maybe she and Raissa would run into some other pack mates along the way, and she could meet a few of her new comrades in the process.
215 Posts
Ooc — Dakotah
Yes we should! Last post for me ^-^

Raissa smiled widely at Fox's suggestion and her tummy agreed too, rumbling loudly. She grimaced a bit, a blush heating her cheeks. How embarrassing. "I think that would be perfect, if my stomach is anything to go by." she laughed. It had been a while since she had eaten and spending some more time with her new friend seemed like a great idea anyways. Who knows, maybe they would meet someone else along the way.