Otter Creek A Trophy Father's Trophy Son
Atâtak Atsanik
918 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Took Kove long enough to come to his senses lol

The second the snarl left his Brother in order to silence him, Kove returned with one of his own. He'd never been one to simply rollover and take what was thrown at him, and the encounter with Burke was no exception to that. He had, faintly, realized he was in no place to judge the older male, but he couldn't help but do exactly that. What had been told of him by Sebastian made the pallid wolf feel as if he was n the right, though his subconscious knew him to be in the wrong. There he was, going by the word of some loner over the words of the tank—the same tank we'd hunted with, was a Brother of, and had even grown to call his friend. As thoughts of such slowly started to settle into his mind, alerting him to his own error, he visibly settled. Even the glare faded from his eyes completely, and any fur that had bristled earlier returned to laying back against his body. He was not in a position where he could place judgment on Burke, and, as he was beginning to see, the male did not deserve such a thing anyways. The alabaster man was able to pull his own experience from what had happened with Sebastian and his father, essentially clearing his mind of any hostilities he'd felt towards the grey being just moments prior. He'd reined in such negatives emotions and thoughts, and then forced them back into whatever depths they crawled out of.

As he spoke, Kove stayed silent and listened. He caught each and every word that left his mouth, finishing off the puzzle that was the entire story piece by piece. It made him realize just how much he had been in the wrong, and just how little the man's son truly seemed to know. Neither of them really knew one another, which made the king's idea of what would happen if they met turn into grave images very quickly. When the older wolf reached the end of his life's story, the white wolf pulled his ears back and gave the man an apologetic look. He did not pity him, for he was certain the warrior would not appreciate such a sentiment, but that did not prevent him from wishing to apologize. For his actions, as well as what the other had to go through, even though he had only been involved in the first. “I am sorry,” he told him, feeling fairly bad for having jumped to conclusions and passed judgment before he'd been made aware of the full story. Of course, the story would probably be different coming from the boy, but why should that matter? It was the word of his fellow Dark Brother he should take, not the words of his estranged son. “For jumping for conclusions before knowing what you'd gone through, why you'd left, and for taking the word of the boy over yours. I should have heard you out before acting, I know that now.” Kove really did feel bad for his behavior. The Brotherhood was a family, and family listened to one another before setting their minds on something. He had, regrettably, allowed himself to get too close to the situation, when he knew he shouldn't have.

To make up for his actions, but more to make sure nothing caught the tank by surprise, Kove decided he should tell the man of his son. How he was like, his opinion of him, but more importantly, the fact that Sebastian had an idea of where his father was, and the Inuit had a sneaking suspicion that he might act on that knowledge. “You should know to be prepared for an appearance from your son,” he informed him. “The boy Scarlett has been looking after told him to check out Blackfeather if he wished to find you, and from how he acted, I am certain he will eventually find his way to the pack's doorsteps to confront you. I warned him of the forest to try and keep him away for a bit, because I was unsure how you would react to his appearance, and also because I didn't know how the possibility of him getting harmed would effect you. I got the sense he wasn't too caring towards you, but until now, I hadn't know that the feeling was a mutual one.” Even then, Kove couldn't quite figure out just how the two would react towards each other. Sebastian had seemed pretty set on telling his father off, and he could only assume what was going through Burke's mind, but that was while they were apart. Would it play out differently than planned if they actually met? He was curious to know, but wasn't entirely sure he wished to, or even could, be around when the meeting occurred.
Messages In This Thread
A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 21, 2015, 01:16 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 21, 2015, 04:55 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 22, 2015, 08:47 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 23, 2015, 02:45 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 23, 2015, 01:15 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 23, 2015, 02:54 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - March 25, 2015, 11:07 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - March 26, 2015, 07:46 AM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Kove - April 11, 2015, 11:43 PM
RE: A Trophy Father's Trophy Son - by Burke - April 12, 2015, 01:15 AM