frolic aholic
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris

After checking in on his companion at the plateau, Luke headed west, his back warmed by the late afternoon sun and his heart warmed by thoughts of a new home. The blue-nosed wolf was undoubtedly enjoying his lone wolf life, exploring the lands and meeting new faces as he did, but for someone as socially oriented as he, only meeting someone for a brief chat every few days or so was not enough. He yearned for the daily pack life, with pack mates never far, and he was excited to build lasting relationships instead of passing acquaintances. Luke did not know how long it would be before Harlyn founded her pack, but he could hardly wait.

In the meantime, he meandered down into a vale he had passed when exploring the sheep-inhabited cliffs one time before. At the bottom he found a dense forest, the canopy closed so much it almost took all the sunlight for itself, but what made it through the branches cast dancing shadows along the trees as Luke found his way to a winding creek at the forest's center. His nose had drawn him straight to it, and when he had finished drinking his fill he jumped into the water and made a show of frolicking and splashing around like a playful pup.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
Mind if we make this AW? I don't know what her mood will be like and I'd hate for him to get in a nasty situation with no one to come to the rescue xD

Water. Again. Her body needed it and yet she wasn't fond of it. While she wasn't afraid of water, she'd prefer to stay dry unless she needed a meal or something. This dislike was only made worse as she came across the creek to find some blue nosed freak splashing and playing in the water. Her jaw tensed, a growling sigh given as she eyed him. Maybe he was sick. Diseased. Dying. Maybe someone had tried to drown him. Maybe she'd give it a shot. 

A slow approach brought her closer, lapping at the water without saying anything to him. Maybe he'd drown without her help.
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Sure, but who says he'd need rescuing? ;) hehe

Luke was thoroughly drenched from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail by the time he had finished his frolic, and only then did he realize that he had been joined by another: a burly female at the bank, bent for a drink. The blue-nosed wolf ceased his splashing and wordlessly gazed at the new arrival for just a brief moment before calling out a warm, "hey!" She had noticed him, it was impossible that she had not, but she had chose to ignore him for a reason Luke could only guess at: shyness perhaps, or maybe she was unsociable. Either way Luke was bound to find out sooner or later.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
His call to her certainly grabbed her attention, her eyes lifting from the water to nail him with a glare that was not the least bit friendly. She had not spoken to him with reason and he sought to disrupt that. Her lips lifted to bare her teeth for a moment, her irritation preceding any manners he might think her to have. She had half a mind to threaten to drown him but then, he would have been warned and Kroc had no intention of giving him the heads up on that. 

"The fuck do you want, freak?" Her voice twined with a growl, her ears flickering back to brush her skull. Yeah, Kroc totally had manners. And what was funny was that she'd been raised to have them but after splitting off on her own to go after her brother, she'd lost any decency she had. Now, Kroc was very intent on not being bothered by the general populace, and would kill to achieve that. 

Now if only he'd get close enough.
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
And find out he did. She made it quite clear she was of the unsociable persuasion and Luke's ears instantaneously fell to his head, eyes widened, her growling voice having caught him off guard, but this expression was brief. His ears perked forward once more and he pursed his lips, regarding her with silence and a hardened gaze, his tail hanging limp. He did not take kindly to the aggression she showed when he had only offered a warm greeting, nor to her reference to him as a freak, but he was not one that tended to be volatile in his reactions and remained collected. "A simple hello would have been nice," he said, quirking his brow, his gaze never leaving her and his feet planted to the cobble at the bottom of the stream. She may have wanted him to get closer, but the blue-nosed wolf was not so foolish as to put himself in harm's way.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
Immediately, his demeanor changed, taken aback by her response. A derisive snort was given, amused how easily he was cowed, how quickly he became sullen and hurt. "You got a 'fuck you'." Intoned in that dark rumble, her words were unquestionably malignant. "If you have a problem, come say it to my goddamned face, freak." Her tail whipped behind her before her posture settled into its stiffness again, her teeth displayed generously as he hung around. If he wanted to say 'hi', he could come say hi to her teeth. 

I'm so so sorry that this is so short ;_;
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Luke gave a snort of his own when she had finished speaking, throwing the same insult that she had thrown before, because she was clearly as creative as she was pleasant. "Uh-huh, yup," Luke bobbed his head, his tone laced with mocking, but his collected expression unchanged. Unlike her, who was reacting so much over nothing, Luke just stood there, cool silver eyes simply watching her, and not without wonder. He doubted this was a case of waking up on the wrong side of the bed, and he almost pitied her, going through life with just inexplicable anger. Such a disposition was not for someone like him to understand.

"Well, I suppose I should greet you in your own language," he said, "Fuck you." Luke grinned broadly, his tone light and joking and tail wagging. He did not think for one moment he could win her over and was not trying, but he was comfortable with the distance between them, enough to play around. She was a beast, but he was fast and lithe, any move on her part would be counteracted in such a way as to keep that distance between them. "Are you afraid of the water?" he asked, for she was quite adamant he come to her.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
His mocks, while they weren't exactly appreciated, were also ignored. She gave him a flat look, unamused with his return attitude. It seemed the freak wasn't adept at being abrasive, while it was Kroc's middle name, practically. While her anger wasn't truly inexplicable, it was not something she shared. To all others, Kroc simply appeared as a foul tempered wight.

His retort made her laugh, a rude and harsh sound that was most definitely making fun of him. Her tail did not move in response to his friendliness; actually friendliness like this bothered her, if you couldn't tell. "Are you afraid of my teeth in your face?" She growled, a verbal snap of teeth. All she wanted was a damned drink of water and if he wasn't going to let her do that in peace, they were going to have problems. Serious motherfucking problems.
749 Posts
Ooc — Kris
Luke sighed in an exaggerated way, although truthfully he did find her uncreative aggression to be tiresome and he was quickly losing interest in their exchange. "You know, I'm really more of a cuddler," he said, continuing to speak calmly and upbeat as he would to a wolf that was not presently snapping her teeth at him and growling. "I mean don't get me wrong," he paused with a partial chuckle, "I like a passionate romp as much as the next guy, but I'm not into all that biting and bleeding sort of thing," he grinned.

Anyway," he quickly followed up. "It's been a pleasure, but," Luke trailed off, completely disinterested in continuing the charade. He shook his head as he moved to leave, turning only partially so that he could watch his backside in case she chose to chase. If she did not, she could have that drink in peace that she wanted.
MATURE CHARACTER!
478 Posts
Ooc —
I'll have this archived!

Friendly. Chipper. Annoying. Ugh, yeah. Not her type of wolf to be around. She'd sooner make friends with a mute wolf than one like this. Even with her threads, his nonsense kept going, causing her to growl again, pausing in her drink of water. It seemed though, that he'd had enough of her attitude as well. He said a prompt farewell and still, the pale bear did not answer. Good fucking riddance. As he walked away, she remained, lapping up water until she'd had her fill. Only then did she depart, heading in a direction that was almost opposite of the way he'd gone.