Blackfeather Woods Cupid
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
All welcome! :D Set before the attack on Potema

Burke laid by Meldresi's den, his eyes closed as the sun shone down at him through the canopy of leaves above him. He never really got to lie down and enjoy the sun. He was a work-a-holic if he was really honest with himself. The large male yawned loudly and then slowly turned to his side. This gave a slight jolt of pain in his gullet as he moved. He realized that he still wasn't better. His insides was sore from the stick. Luckily he was allowed to stay in Meldresi's den. Burke really didn't mind that. 

Burke had the priestess snuggled against him every night and them getting closer was something that was almost unavoidable. The large tank wasn't sure if this was something real or that this was what others talked about. He was just going to follow what he was feeling and currently he liked to have the dark female tugged close and safe against his side. A hint of a smile turned on his lips as he was lazily dozing off.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Hope you don't mind me jumping in! Grim still doesn't know what happened to Burke soooo gonna try to find out here xD

A familiar scent catches his nose as Grim heads in the direction of Namira's Mire. What was Burke doing here? Wasn't he supposed to be in the infirmary? He pauses, and then turns to investigate. It has been a while since he has spoken one on one with the large brute of a male. The only time they had was around when Grim had first joined the pack. He spots the large male lying in a den. Golden eyes narrow. Whose den was this? He sniffs again, catching Meldresi's scent. Well, look who was cuddling up to the alpha. A grin spreads across his muzzle. He stops a few paw steps away saying, "The way you are laying here makes it seem that this is yours." Wanting to mess with the large male he sniffs loudly and adds, "Do I smell Meldresi? Look who's fucking the alpha." He eyes the distance between them, hoping it is enough to be out of reach. One swipe of Burke's paw would knock Grim over. As much as he hates to admit it, the brute would definitely win if they fought. It still irritates him that the male is so large. He still can't decide if he likes Burke or not. Not that it really mattered. The only wolf who matters is Lusa.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
All good! :D <3

Burke slowly blinked his eyes open when he heard someone approach. He was laying in the entrance of the den after all, if it was someone that wanted to enter they would have some difficulty entering. Burke smirked a bit at that. He didn't know these footsteps so he doubted that it was someone that was ever allowed to enter. Soon Grimnir arrived and Burke greeted him with a polite nod of his head, although Burke wouldn't mind if the male dropped dead his threats towards Potema Burke cleared his throat before answering the other male. "Meldresi is not some wench you 'fuck' randomly in the woods, Grimnir," he returned, he thought of Tanith. His pale blue eyes glanced over Grim. "I wouldn't say it like that in front of her den," he pointed out rather casually and then winked. Meldresi was one of that girl trophies. Those you don't 'fuck' those were more special than that.

Burke wasn't afraid nor ashamed that he was in Meldresi's care. If he didn't have Meldresi he would have been dead by now. Grimnir would probably have liked that. He also let Grim believe something happened because, why not? Burke wouldn't mind to have a more intimate session with the priestess. He was certain that such a thing would have happened by now if his injuries weren't in the way. Burke then yawned and stretched himself a bit, showing a hint of discomfort. "What brings you here? Trying to kill Potema? What was up with that, Grim? I hope that was some relapse but I can't allow you to harm the girl," Burke spoke, sounding rather casual. Burke was hiding his distaste for Grimnir well. He was the counselor of the pack he couldn't just plainly attack Grim with words. He had to be tactical about it.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
The Brute tells him that Meldresi isn't just some wench that is fucked randomly and that Grim shouldn't say what he did in front of her den. He ignores the large male. What did he care if she heard or not? It is quite obvious as to what is going on with the male lying at the Alpha's den. Meldresi can't exactly get angry at the observation. If she didn't want her pack thinking such things, then she should not allow Burke to stay at her den. It was simple. 

Burke moves on to ask what Grim is doing here as well as asking if he was trying to kill Potema. Little did the brute know that that is exactly what he is on his way to do. Golden eyes narrow, looking the male over as he continues to question Grim.  "
You don't exactly look fit to back up your words, Burke." He had known that the brute was injured, but not to what extent or in what way. "Did some intruder manage to get the best of you?" A grin spreads across Grim's muzzle at the thought. How amusing it would be if that were the case. He would personally seek out the wolf who had done this and congratulate them on their achievement. Then challenge them to a spar, of course.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke slowly pushed himself in a sitting position, there was something unsettling about laying lower than Grimnir. Being such a tank as he was, even sitting made him slightly bigger than Grimnir. The male returned with the fact that he didn't look fit to do so. He wasn't going to answer his questions further about that. He didn't want to spread some rumors that were untrue. The large male then chuckled slightly. "No actually," he retuned. "Middle-aged men like me need to watch the proportions one is eating," he explained. 

A soft sigh came from him. "I actually almost got killed by my own stomach and there is nothing you can do about it really. I ate too much, and the workaholic that I am continued working, gas bloated by stomach. Meldresi had to get it out with a hollow stick down my throat. Which is also why my bark is extra raspy," he returned. The dark brother then studied the other male, curious of what his reaction would be. He didn't mind telling others what happened to him.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Most of the what the brute says confuses Grim. He tilts his head, eyes narrowed. "You almost killed yourself by overeating?" A silent snarl wrinkles up his features. "That's weak." He snorts a laugh saying darkly, "Too bad it didn't kill you." Sitting, he looks the large male over. There was no physical indication that Burke was injured besides the males say so.  A grin spreads across his muzzle. "Are you sure you didn't make it up to get close to Meldresi? That would be a fairly decent plan." He would approve of it, but he doubts that Burke's intention is to do harm by the alpha once he's close to her. Kissing her ass then? Trying to keep the high rank that he is in? Grim doesn't like that.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke kept his face calm, although on the inside he was annoyed. Burke would never let it show. He was calm and reserved. Only with Meldresi he wasn't, and with the young. Some pack members even saw a more playful side of him but that wasn't Grimnir. "I hope you remember you are talking offense to your Beta. I could drag your ass our of this pack and made sure you won't be accepted back into it," he returned on the most casual manner. It wasn't a warning just a note of what Burke could do if Grimnir went too far.

"It is not weak. It can happen, even to you, or the strongest wolf in existence," he pointed out and let his cold blue pale gaze go over the smaller male. Burke wasn't really going to defend his claim because he didn't mind what Grimnir would think. "Think all you want," he returned with a shrug. "I told you what happened and if you don't believe one in a higher in rank than you then please leave me be. You aren't making yourself any more popular with this type of talk." If the male would think that killing a wolf would get him into the brotherhood then he was very wrong, mainly because Burke didn't see Grimnir as his brother at all.
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
Grim bared his teeth as the Brute tells him that he is talking offense to the Beta. That he could drag Grim out of the pack. The brown wolf doesn't say anything in reply. Burke moves on to tell him that overeating can happen to the strongest of wolves and that Grim can leave if he doesn't believe him. That Grim isn't becoming any more popular with this type of talk. What does he care of the opinion of others besides his Lusa? They didn't matter to him. "I don't believe that I am very popular among the pack already." Amber eyes narrow. "Strength matters more."

He gathers himself onto his pads, a paw stepping away from the Brute. "
I don't believe you would disagree with that." In farewell, Grim flicks his tail at Burke. "Get well, Beta. Never know what could happen around here if you weren't around." It wasn't a threat really. More like an observation. Of himself that is. With the darkness still lingering inside, he never knew when he would snap.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Last post from me, we only need one more post for it to be archived :)

Burke slowly growled at the disrespecting male. He wanted to get up and push the male in submission. He was the Beta of this pack and if he was not going to be respectable towards him then there would be serious consequences. For the time being Burke would keep this as a warning but if there would be another disrespectful offense he would be certain to evict the male. 

"Better not do anything because that would be a great offense," Burke growled and then casted his eyes away. He raised his chin and make sure to keep his dominant pale eyes at the other male. Once he would be better he would make sure that the male would accept him as a higher rank. 
MATE TO LUSA <3
187 Posts
Ooc — Rain
The brute's final words cause Grim to growl. Though he understands that he needs to give respect to those above him, Grim finds it hard to bow down to anyone. He will have to watch himself though. Perhaps avoid the Beta for a time.  Maybe he should stay around Lusa, she would be able to keep things civilized. Or keep silent if all else fails. He will have to deal with it when he comes across Burke again. Internally he rips into himself, finding it difficult to wrap his mind around 'giving in' to the Beta or anyone for that matter. He wasn't some low weak wolf. He was strong. Why should he have to bow down to anyone. In order to stay you must, the good in him says. Well, if the good knew so much why didn't it guide him when he needed it to.