Redtail Rise I like to think of myself less like an "adult" and more like a "former fetus"
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
You have no idea how much that means to me! You're amazing!

Smash.  What a peculiar name.  However strange it was, Reek wasn't really one to talk when it came to odd names or titles.  The name he sported himself tended to turn heads in mixed company, so the raggedy wolf decided not to push it and instead, listened intently to her introduction.  This, so called Smash was quick to rattle off an explanation of why she had ended up on the borders of the rise.  However, her explanation tapered off in place of social formalities.

"Don't. No, seriously. Don't do the thing," sputtered Reek, gesturing to the other wolf for her to stand.  "And don't apologize, you haven't done anything wrong... well, yet."  The raggedy wolf flashed the sitting loner a friendly smile.  Acts of submission were never necessary in the ragged bastard's company, nor were they ever really wanted.  

"Call me Reek, Reek Redtail," he introduced in a playful tone. "I'm the temporary... er, grand poobah of this neat-o establishment."  Quite frankly, Reek was unsure of what his proper title even was in this sort of situation.  Saena hadn't left him with much information before she left... just that he was to lead along with Arion and make sure the rise doesn't burn to the ground.  Thankfully, knocking on wood, the latter hadn't happened yet.

So, she was looking for a home.  Redtail Rise would always be a place for new beginnings, Reek knew that first hand.  But most importantly, the members of the rise were his family.  And with a perceived threat lurking behind the borders, Reek wasn't entirely sure about just letting a stranger, who hadn't proven herself as trustworthy, into his family.  However, he was torn, because the Rise need all the able bodied wolves it could get.  Leadership, why so hard?

"I'm gonna cut right to the chase.  These wolves, they're my family," continued Reek, his jovial tone turning slightly serious. "What do you bring to the table, Smash?  Why should I let you in?" 
Messages In This Thread
RE: I like to think of myself less like an "adult" and more like a "for... - by Reek - May 20, 2015, 10:42 PM