Larksong Grotto Now we got problems
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
When Saena wandered away from home, the last scent she thought she would encounter was Fox's. Indeed, she was beginning to forget what that vile woman even smelled like, but when she crossed the Redhawk Alpha's trail somewhere just northeast of Redtail Rise, the fur on her spine rose into a wicked crest. Wariness settled over her, and from that moment on, Saena went about her business (that of tracking a small herd of mule deer) with utmost vigilance. She didn't need to be found out here by someone as murderously insane as her father's mate, not where she couldn't call for back-up.

So nervous was she that she swung sharply south and headed toward the mountains, but found herself climbing down a precarious natural staircase into the deep, damp heart of a forest instead. There was shelter here, and she knew nothing of how it was a dead end. Larksong Grotto was altogether new to her, though she'd been on its outskirts before, but if Saena noticed how beautiful and tranquil the place was, it was masked by her worry that she would be found by the one who sought (she thought) to find and murder her.

When she reached the pool of water in its centre, Saena bent down to drink, but her ears were pinned upright so she could avoid being snuck up on, one forward and one twisted back to cover all directions.

@Sebastian 
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Since Sebastian traveled all the way to the Northern part of Teekon he might as well explore the place. He had already visited Nochtli and met up with a small white female Potema. He liked how the air was so different here than in the south, and they were in the south. The mountains reminded him of his old home which also gave him time to think as he was reminded of things he had forgotten before. One ragged cliff made him think of their own cliff. The only difference was that there wasn't any thorns growing along the side. Yet he did see how he pushed his uncle off the cliff, technically murdering him. Sebastian didn't see it as murder, not really.

His uncle was such a foul wolf, a true villain. Sebastian quickly shrugged him off his thoughts, since he had to pay attention where he was going. The young male found the entrance to a grotto. It looked really interesting to say the least. He could also sense that there was fresh water down there. Curiously he stepped inside. The immensely sized male carefully walked not expecting another wolf, it didn't scent of another wolf. Yet now he focused on scents he could smell a fresher one. Female? Oh no he was bad with females. The giant stood there past the entrance, his eyes adjusting, slowly the cold pale blue color being absorbed by his pupils. What he didn't realize is that his frame was blocking the entrance, and due to his large size that might be very threatening for the other.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry for holding this up! Should be better going forward. :)

Saena's paranoia was hard to put to rest. Even in the dark of this deep forest, where she seemed well hidden, her hackles prickled at the slightest noise. A squirrel scurried across the leaf litter right next to her and the wolf turned and bared her teeth, but there was no threat to be seen. Her expression was worried as she turned from the water and headed deeper into the wood.

But she didn't want to stay long. Deciding it would be better to take her chances in the open and return home where she had back up, Saena began to retrace her steps back to the natural stairway.  She went past the spring, but stopped when the shadow of a large, hulking wolf blocked her way up. She might've warned him away with a simple growl if not for the scent that emanated from him.

Fox. Peregrine. He was a Redhawk Caldera wolf, and he was bearing down on her. An assassin, probably. She didn't think her father or his loco mate were the type of wolves to send an assassin after her, but it seemed she was wrong about that.

Without an explanation, Saena puffed all of her fur up, threw her tail into the sky, and charged headlong at Sebastian. There was no chance of getting around him without him catching her, so she threw that plan away and instead feigned left. If she could fake him out, she could try to take one of his eyes out and escape while he was busy with that... or she could go for the throat and kill him while she had the chance. She had told her pack mates that Redhawk Caldera wolves who dared come north of the Sunspire were to be killed. It would send a strong message to that pack if she managed to slay their assassin, however poor the odds seemed.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Don't sweat it! :)

Sebastian could sense someone was in this cave but he couldn't see who. The large and rather friendly male didn't mean any harm. He definitely didn't know much about Peregrine's children scattered over the wild. Though Fox informed them about some of them. One had a very unusual coloring apparently. Not that he cared. He wasn't planning on killing them off, really. One moment he was standing there and the other moment he yelped out in pain. The cave or grotto didn't scented of a wolf?! Why?! How! Sebastian let out a snarl in his own defense. It was an automatic response as he backed out of the grotto. With his big body he tried to push the other wolf away from him.

Then he got a good glimpse of his attacker. A female, and with an unusual coloring he had heard of before but he couldn't be certain. "Why did you do that for?!," Sebastian huffed, more shocked and offended than actually murderously mad. There were only a few things that triggered that. That was any thought of his father basically. As much as he didn't want to be like him, it seemed that he kept attracting the wolves that wanted to fight him. His pale blue eyes were kept on the female, not leaving them. His hackles raised to let her know at her next attack he wouldn't hold back. Or at least, that is how he wanted to come across.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena struck something. That was good. The burly wolf began backing away, leaving an opening through which the Redtail Rise Alpha darted. She paced a fair distance away from Sebastian in the sunlight, then wheeled around to face him with a contorted snarl on her face. Her decision was to kill him if she could, run if she couldn't. She would pay back attempted murder with attempted murder. It wasn't the righteous way, but Saena was sort of done making amends for anything.

Before she was even ready to charge again, the male asked her a question. Saena growled as wickedly as she was able in response. "Like you don't know," she accused, fully believing that all of Redhawk Caldera was out to get her for reasons unknown to her. It didn't occur to her that Fox may have been the only insane one living there.

"This is the consequence of your Alpha's attempt to murder me for no reason," she snarled, standing up straighter and fixing her eyes on him. "If I see another Redhawk piece of shit in the north again, I'll bring the fight your pack started to your doorstep. You're lucky I'm not killing you right now."
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was genuinely confused about what was happening here. And today he didn't have the pack as a back up. Plus! He couldn't be a weakling. He would need to stand up for his pack. Yes, that sounded right. "Excuse me?! I am no assassin," he pointed out, if the situation was less tense he might have laughed. Did he look like an assassin? "Peregrine and Fox don't send out wolves to kill for them! If you would know them well you wouldn't say things like that! Black Feather Woods are the assassins. Besides, what makes you so important that Mr. P and Mrs. F want to kill you?," Sebastian casted back and snorted in disbelieve.

This female might have more arrogance than his uncle, which was close to impossible. Sebastian kept his pale eyes at the not-to-be-trusted-female. He didn't want to be attacked again. He was so shocked by the random attack that he had forgotten about the descriptions Fox might have told him one time. Normally he was good at remembering things but, today didn't seem to be his day. He wanted to tell her how she wouldn't have a chance against him but that would be rather counteractive against the point he wanted to make. 
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena peeled back her lips and jeered at Sebastian. Perhaps he was a decent wolf and perhaps not. It made no difference to her. He wore the scent of Redhawk Caldera, and that made him an enemy to Saena and her wolves.

Yet he did seem rather clueless, and that was what saved him from feeling her teeth a second time. The temperamental yearling had no problem taking a risk to drive him off, but she stayed her assault because he seemed to genuinely have no idea what was going on. To his first remark, she said, "I think I know my father more than you could ever hope to," and wisely kept her opinion of Fox to herself.

To his second, she snarled, "you tell me what makes me so important. I was invited by my father himself to teach my half-sister Naturalism and I was nearly killed for that. You think I know why?" If it wasn't obvious from her aggression that Saena was as puzzled as he was, it was clear from her words. She recognized there was a potential to find out just what the fuck was going on from this wolf, if she kept her temper in check long enough... but it was barely in check. She was barely civil, and for good reason.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sorry short in school!

Sebastian glanced at the female before him with a confused expression. Another of Peregrine's daughters? Well then. It seemed she knew about her sister being killed by her father. No wonder that the female was so vicious towards him. The female sounded frustrated. Something he couldn't do anything about. "So you direct all your anger on me? You are so kind," he returned, clearly being sarcastic about it. 

"I can tell you why... if you want to know," Sebastian pointed out with a softer shrug. "But if you are going to be horrible towards me I am not going to tell you. I could be mean back and leave you wondering why your father's family doesn't want to see you no more." The large male felt a lesser need to be kind to her.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
"What do you expect? Tea and crumpets?" Saena huffed at Sebastian. Of course she was hostile toward him after his Alpha made an attempt on her life without provocation. Sebastian had to be dense to not understand that. Would he not behave the same?

"I don't make nice with friends of would-be murderers," she explained, her tone only slightly lighter. She didn't care much what Sebastian had to say about why. She was owed an explanation before Fox tried to rip her throat out. Since it hadn't been given to her, she wasn't about to give any kindness back, not even to a potentially innocent subordinate like Sebastian... and even then she wasn't sure she wanted to know the reason anymore. Curiosity was probably more dangerous. Besides, it didn't matter why. Even if it was the most legitimate reason in the world, Saena hadn't deserved an attempt on her life and she would never forget or forgive it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Crying because I lost my reply while sending it.

"Well not to be attacked that is," Sebastian pointed out. He then realized that she was seeing another perspective of her father that Sebastian was less familiar with. He had seen some of the things the dominant male did. It reminded a bit of his hatred for his own father. Slowly he started to sympathize with her. He was very bitter about his father and what he had done. In that way they were kindred spirits. Sebastian tried not to think too much of it, since her hatred looked ugly. Was he that ugly when he was so bitter about his father?

"Look we don't share the same opinion. Deal with it," he returned. "I am not really a fan of my father. He always ignored me and now I found out he is a great father to some of his foster kids?! I wish I could just kill those little monsters to make him feel how he made me feel. But it doesn't get me anywhere," he let out with a huff. "Fight me if you want to fight me so badly but it will leave you injured. I will know that for a fact. Just like I will be injured, since I am not invincible. You will only get a worse reputation if you would hurt me. Then you don't just break off the relationship you have with you father. You will set fire to that relationship and dance on the remains of what used to be. Your choice," Sebastian spoke being utterly calm about it. He should take his own advice towards his own father.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Not to be attacked. Saena had expected not to be attacked when she howled for Peregrine well outside the Caldera's borders. Sometimes wolves didn't get what they expected. She snorted and looked away from Sebastian for a moment. Attacking any Caldera wolf in the north seemed like a solid way to keep them the hell away from her, but it was no better than the way Fox had treated her. Maybe it wasn't right, or maybe she shouldn't care about that and dish out the revenge anyway.

It wasn't a decision to make right now. A breeze swept past her and she breathed deeply, looking back at the Redhawk wolf. She very nearly told him to shut up—she hadn't asked for his deadbeat dad story and she didn't care—but she didn't. There was a similarity after all, except instead of foster kids, Saena's father had real kids. Kids that rose above his first litter. Kids that, unbeknownst to her, he would kill his first litter in favour of. It was different and yet similar.

Her contemplation broke when he mentioned the remains of her relationship, and what brief connection she felt seemed to snap. "Remains?" she laughed. "There aren't any. He set fire to what was all by himself when he didn't intervene on an attempt on his daughter's life, after he was the one who invited me to come.

Actually, it seems like a set-up, which I think is probably worse than your dad ignoring you. They're practically the same guy. Dunno what kind of guy would claim to dislike their dad but then follow a worse piece of shit as their Alpha."
She rolled her shoulders, anticipating an unsavoury reaction to her opinion. She didn't care that much. Shortly, she would call her pack for back up and run him out of the north, since it was becoming clear to her that he wasn't going to shed light on the situation and his advice was unwanted... especially because it didn't make a lick of difference. Even if she didn't despise both Fox and Peregrine, their relationship was nothing but ashes and it would never rekindle again, no matter what this man said about it.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian kinda felt the same about his father, yet he was drinking differently than the female, clearly. The   grey tank hoped that his father could be his father. He wasn't sure why he wanted his recognition. Maybe because he looked up to his father for such a long time. He hoped there was a chance for him but his Father didn't seem really interested. "If you feel that way," Sebastian returned with a bit of a shrug. He was not really interested in conversing with this female anymore. Though if he would attack him he wouldn't hesitate to attack back. 

Sebastian growled when the weird colored female was speaking so badly about his alphas. He didn't believe her words and was certain that it hadn't been a set up. This female was just as crazy as Peregrine's other daughter. Sebastian hoped Wifi wouldn't become as crazy as the previous two. Even though he didn't believe her if he would talk back to her she probably wouldn't believe him. It would be a verbal spar all over again. "You are so great with your verbal insults. Do you really think that is going to make me attack you? So I will be the blame?"
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Saena stared at Sebastian, wholly unable to comprehend how dumb he must be to think what happened to her relationship with Peregrine was a feeling. He must be daft, she thought. That or completely oblivious. It sort of made sense, given the pack he continued to ally with now, and given his inability to understand the psychological effect of being targeted with the intent to kill. In her mind, it was obvious he had never faced any such threat to his well-being and couldn't understand why she would be downright hateful after that.

His second comment, she completely ignored. Maybe he was blind, too, because aside from her initial burst, Saena had given no indication of attacking him, nor was she trying to goad him. She was shedding light on the nature of his Alphas, a pair of wolves very much like his own father toward the male's elder litter. True, her words were flat-out insults, but what else did he expect after what they'd done to her? Hadn't he just said he would kill his father's foster kids if he had the chance? That was something Saena would never do even though she hated the parents.

Still, even though he was evidently happy to play Two-Faced Tommy here, Saena made one last effort to drive the point home and learn something from him before she ran him off for good. "I met my half siblings. I was perfectly welcome to see them before, even invited, without any issues. Your Alpha ended that for reasons unknown to me." She growled deeply. "So unless you're planning to tell me the reason why I was attacked at the border when I've been permitted to call at them before," she went on, her voice colder than it was moments ago in the face of his accusation, "then you'll have one chance to leave the north and never come back here again. That goes for all of you. If you refuse I will call my wolves here to deal with you." She lashed her tail to punctuate the point. Larksong Grotto wasn't so far from the rise. Any of her capable subordinates could be here within 10 minutes, forcing him to either flee or try to hold his ground. Either way, Sebastian would lose.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was getting really confused with what the female wanted from him, or what truly happened. He often stayed out of all the trouble. The grey tank didn't even know that this female had already seen her half-siblings. A softer frown came upon his features. "I don't know why you were attacked, okay?! All I know is that ever since that Junior girl wanted to kill Wildfire, Fox went crazy and didn't allow anyone close to RHC borders. Especially not Peregrine's other children," Sebastian let out in frustration. He wasn't really feeling like being attacked by a whole pack. Then he might as well say goodbye to his life. 

"This is not your land. I can go here if I like and I am not leaving because you said so," Sebastian huffed. He could see a bit of Peregrine in the female that was true. Yet the male wasn't going to let him be threatened on neutral lands. She was outrageous and clearly blind with her own bitterness. The large male kept his pale blue eyes on the female. He hadn't even gone to the North for her. It was for another female Sebastian had traveled all this way. The grey tank felt like he was a magnet for trouble. He wasn't a coward and if he go back to RHC borders full with wounds RHC wouldn't take that lightly. And he would know who did it to him. 
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Sebastian finally told her what she was looking to hear, but the realization that it was all her sister's doing brought her to her figurative knees. She still clearly remembered the last thing Junior had said before leaving the Rise, the promise that she wouldn't cause trouble... but she'd gone against her word. Suddenly all the pieces fit together—how Junior had never returned, why Fox had gone after her in a murderous frenzy, why nobody was allowed near anymore, why Peregrine hadn't come to intervene—but understanding, that was the furthest thing from her mind.

For she now knew that Junior would never return, and she now knew that her father had written her off because of the misdeeds of her more volatile sibling. The fact that she was painted with the same brush for having committed no crime kept her from understanding. That lack of consideration for her more gentle nature only served to make Saena furious.

Sebastian was right that this wasn't her land to command, but she didn't give a fat flying fuck about what he thought. She did as she pleased here against an enemy. The entire north was no longer open to Redhawk Caldera wolves if she caught them, especially now that she knew the truth. She wouldn't give them the opportunity to get anywhere close to her borders, and if that meant attacking them in neutral land, then so be it. The second he opened his mouth to say he wasn't going to leave, Sebastian signed his death wish. With a final venomous glare, Saena threw back her head and howled as loudly as she could for Redtail Rise to come and fight with her.
49 Posts
Ooc —
short post just to get my foot in the door

Oliver was lazing about under the hot sun when Saena's howl echoed through the rise. He quickly lifted his head, ears up and eyes wide. He could hear it in her voice, something was terribly wrong, and she was calling the pack for help. The newbie hesitated. Useless, scrawny, pathetic. The words spoken by his pack mates suddenly came rushing back to him. Maybe he should just hang back and let Reek and Arion go to Saena's rescue.

A hard glint appeared in Oliver's eyes. No, he would prove them wrong today. He got to all fours and threw back his head, howling to let Saena know he was on his way, and then he started to run.
Memories are a mark from experience, Without those marks you are only a shell.
127 Posts
Ooc —
The days of hesitating continued. As if chains were pulling her in several directions. Each side had it's label: Endless vengeance, A home with family, or true freedom. Yet there was one more which felt lighter but darker, To give in to her own dark desires. Lacinia stood in the center where nothing was satisfying. If she breaks some chains maybe she would be happy enough with what is left. It's clear that she had a limited choice. Each choice had something that would make her happy but she couldn't have it all. She must pick something and stick with it, each one will require lots of effort. Which one will she let go? which ones will she try to keep? She had to decide soon.

A distant howl pulled her out of her own mind. Trouble was nearby? She decided to hold off everything. Maybe whatever was happening will give her an answer. So with that in mind she moved quickly as a shadow. She wasn't expecting much but she needed a vacation from her own mind. The pulls of what she wishes, wanted, needed, and of doing whats right was tearing her apart. It's only a matter of time before insanity returns and when that happens the name Aklaq she uses will be no more and then the true Lacinia will return. Recovering what was lost is important but learning about this new world made her understand that if she returns to how she was before, she will never be forgiven.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Never a dull day in Redtail Rise. There had been a moment — a single moment — where Reek had started to believe that the bulk of his problems where behind him.  Wynter had returned from wherever she had gone to... and Smash, well, Smash who?  Even though Reek was still gauging the state of his mateship with Wynter, now that she had returned, Smash was but a bitter memory.  The bedraggled beta had always been plagued by a one-track mind, and after his reunion with his mate, she had once again become his focus.  But, that moment was pushed to the background at Saena's summoning howl. 

Reek took off toward the Larksong Grotto, effectively leaving his mate in the dust back at the borders of Redtail Rise.  Although he would have given anything to stay behind, responding to these sort of call had become his job.  Beta stuff.  But beyond that, if trouble was knocking on their door this close to the rise, it needed to be dealt with.  After so long, the tension that the rise had built with the south had faded from memory, but as Reek ran it was all he could think about.  There was no other reason to call the pack like that.  Trouble was afoot, and Reek would aim to kill.
246 Posts
Ooc — Will
Never a dull day in Redtail Rise indeed. Arion had been patrolling the borders, muttering curses under his breath as he walked and marked as diligently as ever. He wished his older brother, Krios was here to assure him that he could still keep the annoying, pesky things called emotions at bay, that he could still remain the same stoic and emotionless machine he had been before this incident happened. He wished to be assured that he could still choose to not make any lasting connections with anyone, still remain as his own man for the rest of his life. But Krios wasn't here, so Arion was alone in his problems.

Scowling, the chocolate Greek was about to take off to his den to pop some poppy seeds into his jaws (he never took extract on patrols) when Saena's howl rang through the air. As the warrior's head was still clear, the stallion immediately took off into the direction of the source of the call, Larksong Grotto. Trouble was here in the North, near his home and those he cared about and loved. This time, he would not be merciful, he would be what he was always meant to be, a chaotic savage and feral beast that would aim only to slaughter and kill.
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Oooooo Dear. I think I will let have Sebastian around two major wounds and several smaller cuts/bites. :3

Sebastian didn't realize that her pack was so close by. He hadn't scented a pack but maybe she always had them as a back up. Once the howl rang he should have ran, but he wasn't a coward! Maybe a bit foolish but not a coward. He wasn't going to let some younger female order him around in neutral territory. He didn't even know her name, so he wasn't going to listen to her at all. He took this break to the North so he would have mini vacation from his Caldera pack, but it seemed life was still giving him the tough and cold shoulder. He recently talked with Peregrine about it, who had cheered him up but now the young wolf was instantly feeling cursed once more.

Soon he was surrounded by wolves, all dark ones. Though, one was more chocolate and the other a more ugly looking wolf. Sebastian's ears fell back as he watched the female without name. His hackles raising. "So you can't even fight your own battles huh?,"he let out, not wanting to look scared. The big tank of a wolf make himself bigger, which did give him a rather impressive size. His grey fur standing up readying himself to at least deflect a few blows. He wasn't going to make the Caldera look weak in the North. Sebastian was once more oblivious to the information he had given her. He basically told her Peregrine killed her sister. He would feel so guilty if he knew. Sebastian then remembered Nochtli and Citali. Would they come and help him? The large male threw his head back letting out an emergency howl to @Nochtli and @Citali. Maybe they wouldn't help him but if he wouldn't survive this then he knew Nochtli would tell his pack was happened. If he did manage to escape then Citali might heal his wounds.
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Her howl died off and for a full fifteen minutes, neither wolf moved. For Saena, this was shocking, for wolves were masters of mind-play and the mere threat of a pack descending on him should have  been enough to spook off Sebastian. Yet the burly Redhawk wolf stayed. It made no difference to Saena. In the end, he would have exactly two choices—live or die—and the outcome, if he refused to leave even then, was assured.

They came. Saena knew they would come. Her wolves were all loyal, hard-working members of a pack that believed in family and sticking together, and none of them had any reason to love Redhawk Caldera. First Oliver arrived, surprising Saena with his devotion, and then Aklaq, surprising her even more. Of all her wolves, she had expected them least of all; Oliver because he was so new, and Aklaq because Saena had recently shamed her. They came all the same, and not far behind them came the ragged Reek and the brawny Arion. Five wolves in all.

The Redhawk male said something, but it was so nonsensical that Saena didn't bother to answer him. She didn't need to fight her battles alone and it made no sense to do so. She was a wolf and wolves were never alone, and never fought alone, either. She didn't give him the chance to say or do anything else, for as soon as he lifted his snout and began to howl, she lunged at him, teeth gnashing for any part of him she could grab, with the certainty that the Redtail pack would rise with her. They would kill him if given half the chance, whether or not his howl for back-up (who will help you here, thought Saena) succeeded.
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Here's a crap post because today's been suckish but I needed to get this in. Please excuse any errors/typos. Also, can this be after our current thread, Mar? @Saena, not sure if you want to post again but I guess it would make sense if she wants to just tell Nocta to scram. Idk. <3s everyone.

"Wait!!" They were only barely arriving in time, the diplomat racing with @Citali in tow. Of course they'd heard the howl and the dark Amazon had cursed under her breath at the sound. If it wasn't one thing, it was another. Tezcacoatl had irritated her with his comments in the cave and her mood had not really improved since then. But that didn't mean she was going to leave someone to die, even if the mocha medic tried to convince her to.

She rushed in, her voice rising to all the wolves surrounding the Caldera wolf. "Coming through! Not attacking, just need to talk!" Her slender form squeezing through all the bodies, Nochtli kept moving, knowing the medic would with her barrel through with her or longer behind, and she didn't mind either way.

Only stopping when she reached Sebastian's side, surprise was etched into her face when she found herself staring at a very angry but very familiar wolf. It was the Alpha that had chased off the old crone with herself and the other Alpha! Her posture adjusted at once, deferring to the woman in a respectful manner. "You!" Her tail waved once or twice in a friendly manner but she gave Sebastian a look, wondering if he was going to move out of the way of the female's teeth. She certainly wasn't going to jump in front of the leader's teeth, nor would she try and stop her. She hadn't been here and it was possible he'd done something to deserve it. There were rarely victims in these circumstances as it took two to tango.

"Not to interrupt" for she certainly was "but he's just in there area visiting me. I didn't know he would cause trouble or anything. You have my sincerest apologies for that. However, I'd like to not lose my own head or anything if his alphas find out he's dead and come for me on the pretense that I lured him out here or something, which I certainly did not." Nor was she going to lie or twist words to save him. Nochtli would approach this with honesty and a sort of bluntness that maintained her respect. This one was a leader, a Queen; even though Saena was not her own Queen, Nocta would never be so rude. 

Whatever this woman decided to do with the big grey male in question, the shadow would not stop her, and again, her posture showed that. But she would ask for the woman's mercy because she was quite fond of her own head. To emphasize this, she backed away from the two of them, eyes mostly averted, though she glanced that way every so often. "I know you're angry, livid in fact, and I admit that I have no idea what he's done or what transpired here, but I do ask that you show mercy, just this once. I understand that the decision is yours, though, and I will not interrupt further if you charge him with his death." 

Her words were thrown like stones into the air, and if they were brushed away, so be it. She would leave them to it. 
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
I think it would make sense for Saena and Nochtli to have a short side exchange here, hope everyone's cool with that! Feel free to post whenever—this is sort of a free for all now!

Saena's paws were stilled when a high voice called out, "wait!" With an irritated snarl, the Redtail Alpha swung herself to face whoever had spoken, trusting her wolves to keep Sebastian from going anywhere... and she was surprised, but not displeased, to see the same wolf who had approached Meldresi with accusations not days prior. Saena's scowl pulled back into a frown as Nochtli quickly explained on Sebastian's behalf, and though the Redtail Alpha considered all that was said, she pulled back her lips again at the end, though it was clear as her eyes went to Sebastian that the expression wasn't meant for Nochtli.

"His Alphas are my father and my father's mate," she said. "His Alphas attacked my Beta, murdered my sister by his own admission, and when I went to call at their borders for my dad in good will, they tried to murder me as well. These scars," she gestured to the one on her side, "are from them." She didn't think she had to say a whole lot more for Nochtli to understand what sort of threat Redhawk Caldera presented to Redtail Rise, even this far from their borders. Sebastian himself may not have been to blame, but, "his pack's leaders made it clear they will bleed my kin without a thought for mercy. Why should we show him mercy when they have shown us none?"

To be a better wolf, a small part of her mind whispered, but it was because Saena had tried to be a better wolf that she had even endured Fox's attack. She had tried to make good on a promise to a father who hadn't deserved it then, and had seen nothing but grief for it. True, Junior deserved what had come to her if she truly had attacked Wildfire—part of her didn't want to believe it and part of her thought it was irrefutable—but that didn't change the fact that her kin had been killed without mercy, which is what she intended to do to Sebastian. There was also the fact that Sebastian had had his chance to run and had foolishly chosen not to. He was asking for it and she'd give it to him.
209 Posts
Ooc — Gina
Saena spoke and the Fire Sister listened, eyes lifting and ears turning in her direction to give her the attention she deserved. The truth behind the matter, behind the cream and brown Alpha's anger made her jaw tighten, her gaze averting to Sebastian in a surprised manner. Though she was a warrior, any fight she participated in, any fight she endorsed was with good reason and while she knew she was only hearing one side of the story, the advisor heard no waver in her voice, no quickened take of breath. While Nochtli did not presume herself to be much older than the one addressing her, she did not think it possible to lie so thoroughly by such a young age. Of course, there were progenies and the like but... Nochtli believed her, and viewed the Caldera in a new light. After all, Sebastian was the only one she'd ever met. Not a one had even come to her when she'd called to give them knowledge of their dead, save for the male here.

The question posed brought no quick answer and her ears lay back against her skull for a moment, head lifting slightly to adjust her posture and avoid a kink in her neck, her tail yet limp. Her mouth parted once again, attention back on the female. "I've only known him a little while and he's the only one I've met from his pack. Redbird Cove, I think?" The word Caldera had not stuck in her mind. "The decision is not mine to make. I cannot answer why you should show him mercy with any good reason. In honesty, I've only asked for it to save my own blood from being spilled." She wasn't trying to win favor, and likely, Sebastian would never forgive her for not coming to his rescue but Nocta was not a stupid wolf. One, these odds were not good ones and however skilled she and Citali were in battle, they would probably fall in defeat. Two, and really the only thing that mattered, was that Saena was in control here. If she decided to avenge her sister and the wrongs against herself and her pack, it was her call.
Hope is for presidents and dreams are for people who are sleeping
1,343 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Medic
Reek exploded into the scene with rabid ferocity and stared down the unfamiliar grey wolf with crooked teeth barred. The stench of Redhawk Caldera was strong on his pelt, marking him as a permanent enemy of the Rise. None of them were welcome in the north (barring Pantaleimon of course). Reek's teeth snapped in warning as he began to circle his prey like a buzzard circled a corpse, waiting for the order from Saena to strike: to tear sinew from bone and bone from body. Sebastian may have been a gentle soul, but to Reek it mattered not. To Reek, the Calderian must have only come to the area to finish Saena off and to finish the job Fox had started. There was no other reason for a Redhawk to be so close.

This was a cry for war. Just as Saena made a lunge toward their unwelcome guest, the party was crashed by a vaguely familiar face, who had begun to distract Saena from the task at hand. She begged for peace and Reek scoffed. "Stay out of this Noch," he sneered. A far-cry from the playful man he had been in their first encounter. "We need to send a message. They aren't welcome here." Even if Nochtli was blamed, she could always divert it to the Rise. Hell... Reek wanted them to know.

Reek continued to make his circle while Saena was distracted, snarling with every step. It seemed the order to attack would be unspoken, and so he nodded to Arion and signaled that it was time. Like a rabid dog, Reek lunged at the grey stranger's throat. Not to maim or disfigure, but only to kill.