Wolf RPG
Haunted Wood Home - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Haunted Wood Home (/showthread.php?tid=16770)

Home - Odette - July 20, 2016

It was afternoon and for the first time since she had left Silvertip, Odette found herself venturing outside of her pack's territory.  Odie had been very hesitant to leave at first, thinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong.  It took her almost an hour to finally decide to go.  A part of her wanted to tell Sebastian where she was going, but eventually decided that this was something that she wanted to do to get a little break from her pack.  It wasn't that she didn't like them, because she loved her pack.  It was her... home... right?  Was it really home?  Where was her home?  Where did she belong?

As Odie reached the wood, she soon found herself in a rather interesting place, with mysterious looking willows with dabs of sunlight peaking through.  It was strange in a way... but also so very beautiful.  Caught up in her trance of staring at the willows, a sudden sound of a step sounded behind her, startling Odie.  Yet it was only a doe, who quickly darted off and away from her.  She stared longingly after the animal.  What would it be like to run like that?  Into the distance, without ever seeming to lose stamina.  She wanted to be better, greater.  She was Odette though, a wolf.  That was who she would always remain.

RE: Home - Charon - July 21, 2016

His searches drove him into a nearby forest that he didn't like the atmosphere of. Hackles prickled as he entered it, but when he was moving through it, the feeling in his gut settled down again and he was actually beginning to enjoy the solitude this forest offered. He guessed it was so quiet because it was creepy as fuck, so everyone stayed far away from it. At first he thought Lazarus was surely not here, but then he figured it was the perfect place for him to hide — away from the world, in a creepy place no one wanted to be.

Nose to the ground, he searched for any traces of a scent trail. He ended up finding one, but it didn't take long for him to realise it wasn't Lazarus. Yet he was curious what someone else was doing in this forest anyway, and so he set on after the trail until he eventually reached a child. He wondered what she did here at first, but then remembered his own wanderlust as a child; he'd loved exploring. He felt suddenly protective and responsible for the child — what with having his own pups under way — so he approached her neutrally and asked with friendly intonation: "Hey, whatcha doing here?"

RE: Home - Odette - July 21, 2016

The sound of a voice caught Odette's attention and startled the pup, with a little jump and wide eyes, she focus fully on the other, once he was done speaking.  That was easy enough to answer, she wanted a little break from pack life.  It wasn't like Broken Antler Fen was bad in anyway, it was just that she needed to get a breather... outside of the boundaries.

Odie began to scan the wolf.  He had some scars on his face, but she didn't mind too much, they were only scars, memories of the past.  He also had a marvelous white coat with striking markings, finished off with handsome deep blue eyes.  For some reason Odette found that she was not as afraid of this stranger like she had been of others.

For a moment Odette hesitated before she began to speak, she hoped she was right about this wolf being the friendlier type, because she did not want to end up in any tough situation.  "I'm just taking a little break from pack life.  Just for a few hours."  Odie told him in a nervous yet sure tone of voice.

RE: Home - Charon - July 22, 2016

It was kind of cute how she looked to be both a little nervous and confident. Like she didn't want to be sent home, maybe. Charon wasn't about to berate her on being out here, anyway; he had often gone on trips himself when he was little, and he knew how great it could be to explore. It was dangerous, perhaps, but without a little danger, how could a pup really grow into an adult?

"Don't worry, I won't tell on you," he said with a grin. "I'm just out looking for a bad wolf, but he's probably wounded a lot so he won't be very dangerous." He hoped, anyway. "What's your name? I'm Charon Ostrega, from Moonspear. It's the big mountain between here and the shoreline, on the left side." He wasn't sure she knew any wind directions, so he wasn't about to potentially confuse her with those.

RE: Home - Odette - July 23, 2016

Odette let out a breath of relief to hear that Charon would not tell on her, but then her eyes soon widened in surprise when he mentioned that he was looking for a bad wolf.  Someone lurking in their midst.  She was very unnerved about this, but it made her feel a little better to hear that this bad guy could be injured.  Then the handsome white furred male gave her his name which was Charon.  Charon Ostrega.  it had quite a nice ring to it.  Then he continued on to tell her that he was from Moonspear, which was a big mountain between here and the shoreline on the left side.  He had also asked for her name, so she easily told him.

"I'm Odette... or Odie for short.  I live in Broken Antler Fen now... I used to live in Silvertip Mountain... but my Uncle... S-steady,"  She faltered at her Uncle's name, hissing it with vemon, but also fear all the same, "Steady cannibalized my Mother in front of me along with some of the pack and offered me a piece.  I ran away."  Odie had no idea why she was spilling this story to a stranger, but for some reason it just felt good to spill this out... plus his white coat sort of reminded her of June's... and someone elses she couldn't quite remember.  She missed her sister.

For a few seconds Odie was silent, just staring at the ground, starting to reconsider her choice of telling Charon about running away.  That was personal information after all.  It was out there now though, she couldn't really take it back.  Then suddenly a question sprange to her mind.  The bad wolf that Charon had talked about.  What was his name?  If she learned his name, then perhaps she could help Charon find the villain... the thought of it intriguded her... although deep down she knew that if she did find the villian it would probably scare the life out of her, it was better to know than not.  "What is the bad wolf's name?"

RE: Home - Charon - July 25, 2016

Charon hadn’t expected the story that came for him. Not so much because Steady had eaten her mother – Charon himself had eaten one of his wolves during the famine, because sometimes you had to do what you had to do – but that she was out on her own. He wondered if Steady knew where she was, or if she’d run away for good. He didn’t respond visibly to the cannibalism-story, not with more than a thoughtful frown to show his sympathy (not so much for the cannibalism, but more for her being out on her own). ”Are you on your own now?” he asked curiously; if Odette really had no home to return to, it was perhaps for the better for her to stay with him for now. ” ‘cause if you are, you could stay with my pack a while if you’d like.” He wasn’t sure for how long, since he intended to tell Steady and hopefully he would give her the option rather than force her home, but it wasn’t good for her to be out on her own in these circumstances either.

She asked for the bad wolf’s name then, which he was eager to give. ”His name is Lazarus. He is white with grey fur on his back. He used to be a part of my pack, but then he hurt someone and he fell off a mountain, so he’s probably not in very good shape.” He didn’t want to burden a child with his plight, but on the other hand, who knew if she would ever happen upon Lazarus. He wanted to be sure that she knew what to do if she did see him — run and come tell him where he was at.

RE: Home - Odette - July 27, 2016

Charon didn't really advance on the Steady topic, instead asking her if she was on her own and if so that she could stay with his pack for a while.  She would have probably considered the option, but she was loyal to Broken Antler Fen.  Sebastian and Pearl.  She wouldn't leave her pack no matter how convincing Charon was at this point in time.  Although she would love to stay friends with him.  After that Charon went on to answer her question about Lazarus, the bad guy.

"Sorry I can't come stay with you because I'm at Broken Antler Fen now with my," for a moment Odie was hesitant, but slowly she continued, "my foster parents.  Sebastian and Pearl."  She told Charon a little proud sounding when she spoke Sebastian and Pearl's names.  "Thank you for letting me know about Lazarus though... what do I do if I see him?"  Odette then asked Charon curiously.

RE: Home - Charon - July 27, 2016

Charon was surprised to hear that she had a home since she had said she'd run away from Steady and Silvertip, but that made sense. He felt a little more at ease now, less worried for her health, and nodded when she mentioned her foster parents. "I'm glad to hear you've got a home, Odie," Charon said softly. He didn't think his offer would ever become necessary, then, but she'd know that she was welcome if it did.

Odette then asked what to do should she see Lazarus. He considered a moment before he said, "If that happens, could you ask someone you trust to come find me at Moonspear? And be sure to stay far clear of him." Who knew what that sicko would do to even a child — Charon did't want Odette to get hurt. He didn't really think she'd run into Lazarus though, considering she'd likely be safely in the Antler Fen most of the time. "Where's your home..?" he asked curiously, since he hadn't heard of this antler fen before.

RE: Home - Odette - July 31, 2016

At first Charon seemed surprised to hear that she had a home and she nodded as if to confirm it.  Then he went on to talk about the much more serious Lazarus topic, telling her that if she saw him to go ask someone she trusted to go find him at Moonspear and stay clear of him.  At the reminder of Moonspear she quickly went through the directions again, before resuming to listen as he picked up again, now asking her where her home was.  For a minute she found herself thinking it over before she spoke again.

"My home in Broken Antler Fen is nieghboring this place.  It's over... there."  She informed him, then proceeding to point her muzzle in the direction of the fen.  "You should come visit sometime, it's actually really nice down there."  Her tail gave a little wag at the thought.  "I'm sure that Uncle Seb and Aunt Pearl would allow it if I talked to them about it."  Then continued, then looked down a little sheepishly.  "Of course only if you want too."

RE: Home - Charon - August 04, 2016

Charon realised when she pointed out the direction of her home that this was the pack that he had heard faintly of, but hadn't actually ever visited himself. He was not sure if Seb and Pearl were its leaders or just Odie's caretakers, but it didn't matter for the moment. He smiled at the child's warm invitation into her home, and could only hope that his own children would be such sweeties (well, to him, anyway; he didn't think they needed to invite every stranger they met into their home).

"Thanks Odie, I'd love to drop by sometime." He glanced in the direction of her home and offered, "Do you need help getting home from here..?"

RE: Home - Odette - August 05, 2016

As soon as Charon told her that he would love to drop by sometime her tail begin to happily wag.  She couldn't wait for him to visit.  Now normally Odie would probably be acting the opposite around a stranger, but there was something about Charon.  She just liked him, but couldn't entirely explain why.  Sure he was nice, but there was more to it.  After that the Ostrega went on to offering her help getting home.  At first she wanted to say yes, that'd be great.  Yet the more she thought about it she was sure she could make it back on her own.  Plus she would get some nice quiet think time to herself.

"I'm happy to hear that your open to dropping by.  I'm sure Aunt Pearl and Uncle Seb would like you."  She started out.  "I'm sure that I can get back home though.  Uncle Seb and Aunt Pearl don't know that I left... I don't want to cause too much attention to myself and get in trouble for wandering."  She told him, a little bit of guilt mixing into her voice.  Though as soon as she imagined the angry face of Aunt Pearl and Uncle Seb about her just wandering off without telling them the guilt was gone.  She didn't really know how they would react to her going out, so she was also a little unsure about whether her crazy thoughts were right or not.

RE: Home - Charon - August 07, 2016

She reminded him a little of himself when he was her age; he'd always been exploring too, even when he hadn't yet been allowed to. But with their own pups to take care of it had been easy to sneak away from Thistle and Ragnar. He nodded at Odette when she said that she would be able to find her way home by herself. He chuckled and said, "I loved to explore too when I was your age. I'm sure you'll find your way back fine." He had always managed to find his way back home, too, so surely it'd be alright.

"I'll see you when I get around to visit then, Odie. Have a good trip!" He smiled softly and then he turned away, ready to make his way back home to Moonspear.

RE: Home - Odette - August 08, 2016

Odette listened to his words thoughtfully, then watched as she turned away.  "Bye Charon!"  She squeaked then turned around to head back home to Broken Antler Fen.  At first she felt confident through Charon's words, she would be just like him and soon he would travel all that way to see her!  She felt this way for a while... until she realized that she had been so much in her thoughts that she had gotten very, very, very lost.  At her sudden realization she sucked in quick, nervous breaths, feeling quite like she might hyperventilate.  Now she was in a dark, foggy place with gnarled trees and it was very creepy... it seemed like monsters were lurking around ever corner.

Odie began to tremble.

She stood there, shaking, and huddled herself into a ball, staring out with wide scared eyes into the creepiness beyond her.  She wanted to run... she wanted to hide... she wanted to be home.  Where was home?

For the longest time she stayed there, fearful.  Until she heard a soft scratching noise, and in all of the silentness and scariness, it seemed not as scary, so she followed the noise.  

It always stayed just out of reach, just ahead of her.

Her little frame pounded against the earth as she ran.  She didn't know where she was going as she did.  Was she heading towards Broken Antler Fen?  Away from it?  She didn't know, she kept running.  A glimmer of light suddenly caught her eye in front of her and she ran faster, towards the light and towards then scratching sound.

She ran into the light and kept running... the next thing she knew she had gotten back to Broken Antler Fen.

A little slate furred rabbit darted out of the bushes with wide black eyes, looking fearful... then it ran off while Odie stood frozen.

And then she began to laugh.

Not of happiness, not of saddness, not of anger, not of pain... she just laughed and didn't know why... and then she did.  She was home.  Home was family and friends.  Not a place.  She was home now once again among her friends.

Home.