Wolf RPG
Blackfeather Woods all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blackfeather Woods all my friends are dead, push me to the edge (/showthread.php?tid=23413)

all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Vaati - October 08, 2017

backdated to when Cyron was picked up. @Cassiopeia

He carries the sleeping child in his jaws, trotting silently through the dark forest to where he hides his girlfriend captive. He brings her a gift, of sorts. Vaati is unsure how she will react to being brought a live child, and the impending reaction is one he eagerly awaits. He knows she is lonely and will attach easily to the child. At least, that is what he hopes. Then he can rip it away from her and destroy her last ideas of hope for once and for all. He doesn't see another way; simply leaving her to the shadows doesn't seem to hurt her. At least, not as quickly as he needs it to be done. Killing the boy once Cassiopeia identify's it as hers is vital to her development of what she will become, so he hopes, or his plans for ending the child's life are severely faulted. Entering the cave slowly, the boy cries softly in his sleep and he nearly jumps. "Come out, I have something for you," He calls into the dark, dropping the child softly on the ground, no doubt waking it up. 

RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Cassiopeia - October 08, 2017

She is stirred by sleep by the approach of Vaati, he is familiar to her now, her captor. The other captive is gone; the uncertainty as to her whereabouts have Cassiopeia unsettled. The darkness is horrible, now, second only to the silence. She has taken to mumbling to herself, quietly, even though she is aware how insane she must appear. She rises fluidly, shaking her dull pelt and flicking her lobes at the soft cry of a child. Her heart plunges as he calls sweetly, and she mutters, already guessing at the bundle he carries, "Vaati no." Her tone is disappointed as she pads forward to peer at the tiny child, crying out as Vaati drops it onto the ground. A single glance at his face and the darkness all around has it scurrying to her, blubbering softly as it charges into her fur. Her captor has brought her a child, and a tiny part of her feels touched. Her brow crinkles in horror at the whole situation, and, ignoring the child quivering beneath her, asks sharply, "Where the hell is it from? You stole someone's  child?She supposes that she is someone's child too, but this boy is a toddler. She brings it near to her with a single paw, already feeling protective over the tiny thing. Someone must care, someone will come for a boy this small.

RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Vaati - October 08, 2017

The child wakes up, and bounds away to meet the comfort of a mother-figure, the only female in close proximity. It is quite fascinating, the habits of young infants who seek nothing else but to be comforted. Vaati cannot recall a time where he was ever like that, if he ever was. But Cassiopeia does not seem to share his same ideas about the child, and lightly scolds him for bringing her the boy. He almost wants so scoff, she cannot reprimand him, but he holds his tongue. "I did not steal anything" The accusation is false, but it is likely he would have, had he found the child under any other circumstance. "I found it wandering by itself in the middle of nowhere. I saved it," He chides matter-of-factly, watching as the child burrows itself into her side. She doesn't know what Vaati has planned, it is unfortunate.

However, Vaati is numb to the emotions of what could be once the child's fate is sealed. He simply cannot feel remorse for something he does not care about, nor something that would become the stepping stone to a greater plan, a bigger picture. He looks beyond the present and into what could be, and that saves him from the moral consequences of all that he does. [i]Cassiopeia. He sighs, "Why? You don't like my gift?" His brow quirks suddenly, questioning her hesitance with slight amusement. He doesn't expect that she does, only that she become attached to it long enough and strong enough in order to rip away a bond close enough to permanently change her.

RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Cassiopeia - October 08, 2017

She noses the pup as he speaks, unable to find any scent save the faded, thick musk of skunk. She doesn't believe that he simply found the pup wandering, or at least far outside of a pack's borders. The sudden ability to protect, to have a hand in another fate and shield them, has her act kindly towards the pup she otherwise would have ignored should situations have differed, allowing it to seek shelter under her. She gazed at him, fire returning to her gaze now that it had purpose. "Did you save me then, too?" she hissed bitterly, under her breath, slipping to her haunches on the cold stone and allowing the child to huddle feebly against her chest. 

To his chiding question, she hisses only, "A child is not a gift."  She wants him to put it back wherever he found it, but doesn't know where that is, or if he would simply leave it somewhere to die. She doesn't want to believe him capable of this, the boy that protected her once. She does not recognize that his protection is not born of moral righteousness, but rather possessiveness. She has no idea how to care for a child, nor does she want to, but no matter how much she tries to push it down, there is gratefulness in her. Vaati has given her cause and companionship, though he likely doesn't know it. She is becoming twisted, emotions misleading and any act of kindness magnified. She is silent, the fire within her only beginning to smoulder again, stare hardening and meeting the cold blue of Vaati.

RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Vaati - October 08, 2017

He looks down upon her with a curious amusement, she, glaring up at him with that same fire he both loves and detests. But within those flames hidden behind her eyes is something malevolent, growing ever so slightly like the brief cracks of thunder before the storm. What is curious is her doubt in his intent to keep her safe, and while it had not been his initial motive for capturing her, she had become something he was simply made to save. But when he answers, it is not with amusement, but with a truth she could audibly hear in his voice. "Yes, I did," And he is fully invested in this fact. He saved her from a life of normalcy, simplicity, and lack of higher purpose. A fate so many were doomed to suffer without even knowing they suffered from it. At least in Blackfeather Woods, she will mean something. She will be worth something greater and far better than she ever would have been, once Vaati has completely cured her of faith and hope in a rescue that would never come. "It can be. Besides, I thought you might appreciate the company," He shrugs and looks away, avoiding her smoldering glare, one that evokes a different feeling from him than she intends. But he passes it off as that he does not like lying to her, and perhaps on some level, he truly doesn't.

However, it is necessary, and one day she will come to understand that his next few actions are only to benefit her and who she is supposed to be. He is confident she will see, otherwise, he is unsure of what would need to be done if her resistance continued; if he could not break her in the way he intended.

RE: all my friends are dead, push me to the edge - Cassiopeia - October 09, 2017

She cannot tell if he is insane, cunning, or both. Nor can she make sense or the vortex of feels he creates, mostly anger and fear, but also - she doesn't know how to make sense of him. She knows that continuing the conversation is foolhardy, but she does so nonetheless. "From what?" she asks, a hard edge lining her voice, rising and stepping towards him. The child is ignored, for now, and huddles behind her, finally stopped it's blubbering. His gaze he averts from her own, and she feels a little rush, missing the possible indications of that action. He ran from her, once. Perhaps, she can make it happen again.