Wolf RPG
Bramblepoint When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bramblepoint When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. (/showthread.php?tid=23656)

When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - October 26, 2017

A heavy, freezing rain hit as Towhee was patrolling, forcing her to seek shelter. Blinking icy water out of her eyes, she glanced between the nearby slope and the forest off to her right. She loped in the latter direction, finding cover beneath a thick copse of trees sporting a splendid array of autumn's most beautiful foliage. Towhee took a seat and gazed up at the leaves, admiring them, until a raindrop sneaked through the canopy and hit her square in the eye.

After that, the she-wolf slid onto her belly, curling slightly into a ball. She drowsed as she waited for the rain to stop. Her sleepy mind wandered to @Hydra, perhaps because of her current location, and she found three words floating to the top of her mind: "blood and feathers." They had struck her oddly at the time. Towhee wondered if Hydra had ever tracked down the attacker and served him justice.

The young mercenary abruptly jolted wide awake, orange eyes blinking at the gray, watery world. Hydra had mentioned feathers and Towhee now knew the name of the nearby pack that had held Wildfire hostage: Blackfeather Woods. Were the two linked? Before she realized what she was doing, Towhee found herself howling to her longtime ally, wondering if the black she-wolf would even hear her over the sound of the falling rain.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - October 26, 2017

It was pure happenstance that had Hydra strike into Bramblepoint. Though the sky had promised rain, Hydra still ranged with her sisters to this place for two reasons. One, she wanted to find Rian. He had mentioned searching for Cypress, and though no deadline had ever been given she wondered about his whereabouts. The second reason was of course her still-existing vendetta against the wolf that had attacked Rannoch. Although her father had gone to see those wolves, Hydra had long since decided that it really did not matter much what the resolution of that was. If she saw him again around these parts, she would kill him.

A strange, garbled cry broke the peaceful quiet that the rainfall had brought, and she knew who the voice must belong to if it did not belong to a dying turkey. Had she ever heard her friend howl before? What a sound. Towhee was really one in a million, in more ways than one.

Hydra ranged in the direction the cry had come from. The soaked earth lent her a partial trail, and soon enough Hydra saw the outline of her friend. Knowing her sisters likely heard the call, Hydra called to them to inform them all was well, and to keep their own hunt on. Hydra's tail waved as she drew nearer to Towhee, greeting her with a grin and a Hey, how's it going?

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - October 26, 2017

While she waited, Towhee rose onto all fours and shook a few errant raindrops from her pelt. She squinted out into the pouring rain, then backed up a few steps so that her tail brushed against the trunk of a tree. She didn't risk another upward glance but instead took a seat again. She wondered if Hydra had heard her and whether she would come. There was no way to relay a message to Towhee across the distance. The only thing she could do was wait.

Her ally did not disappoint her. "Hey," the guardian said, springing to her feet again and moving forward to greet Hydra. She sniffed noses before retreating half a step and getting straight to the point. "I called you here to ask if you'd tracked down that wolf, the one who smelled like blood and feathers?" Before her cohort could even reply, she added, "Do you know of the pack called Blackfeather Woods?"

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - October 26, 2017

Towhee and Hydra exchanged scents, and Towhee certainly smelled of many different things. She assumed her friend might have some updates on her own life, but was caught off-guard at the inquiry given. Hydra's gaze darkened at Towhee's question, shaking her head. To be honest, though she was disappointed she hadn't if only because he was still breathing somewhere out there, she was also relieved—her siblings were growing bigger themselves, and less at risk for disappearing and being dragged away by him without it being difficult. Still, at the end of the day Hydra did want him dead. He hasn't showed his face around here since then, she said—and truth be told, Hydra was interested in protecting her domain. Wherever he was, he could stay. As long as it was far from she and hers.

Blackfeather Woods. I know that this is the name of the pack he belongs to, she said, quite interested, now. I don't think any of their wolves have been around here since that wolf attacked Rannoch, though, but if they had, Hydra would take it as a direct challenge. Have they?

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - October 26, 2017

They were linked, according to Hydra, and the fur along Towhee's spine prickled slightly. The attacker was still at large too, probably hunkering down in the very same forest where Wildfire had been kept prisoner. Perhaps he was even involved directly. Although Towhee still didn't harbor any personal feelings of affection toward her older sister, she did have a heart and knew the Blackfeathers had committed an egregious crime. And they were both a threat and too close for comfort.

"Their territory is just a few miles east of the caldera," Towhee answered Hydra's question, "and apparently they keep prisoners there. My older sister, Wildfire, turned up a few weeks ago after having been kept there long enough that she nearly starved to death. I think they tortured her too. She's not from our pack but she's staying with us while she recovers. And my godparents are debating what to do about them..." Although her voice was toneless, her orange eyes flashed menacingly as she spoke the last word.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - October 27, 2017

They were that close?

The Caldera and Moonspear were not too far away from one another that Hydra felt exempt from the line of fire the Woods might (potentially) create. She hadn't known they had any involvement with the Caldera, though, and Towhee had not mentioned anything before—

Wait, prisoners? Wildfire, a wolf Hydra had no idea about, had been kept prisoner there. Maybe for whatever reason they wanted to have Rannoch as a prisoner? No—it seemed like the other wolf had definitely inteded to kill him. But why would they keep a prisoner? Why did they keep her prisoner? Did she run with the Vale...? Maybe it had been revenge for failing with Rannoch, or maybe it had been something to stir the pot with the Vale. If it was entirely unrelated, Hydra would not understand it at all. It was clear by Hydra's expression she was disgusted with what they'd done. Hydra had never considered taking a prisoner, what would that do? After a beat, Hydra asked, what do you think they will decide?

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - October 27, 2017

The vale? Towhee repeated in her head, then shook it. "No, she's from a place called Drageda." Her pronunciation may or may not have come out rather butchered. "And I don't know. I don't think there was a reason. From what I've heard," she continued, shooting Hydra a bemused look as the word left her mouth, "they sound sadistic. Wildfire didn't do anything, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time."

In response to Hydra's probing, she shook her head again and repeated, "I don't know. But if I have any say in it, I think the Redhawks should go there and force them out." Towhee paused, licking her lips as the cogs and wheels in her mind spun. It was very unusual for her to entertain the thought of cooperating with outsiders, yet she found herself thinking aloud, "But if you guys have beef—and Drageda too—then..."

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - November 03, 2017

Hydra listened. The girls words were confirmation of the mentality she had perceived the Woods wolves to hold. The same thing happened to Rannoch, maybe the wolf who had attacked him did have a  motive—to kidnap him. Fortunately, Hydra was there in time to intervene. She'd have to tell Rannoch.

Immediately after Towhee next spoke, Hydra said, if that is what is done, my sisters and I will help, a headnod was given. If Drageda won't join in, I will. I want them gone. Kidnapping adult wolves? What the fuck, she shook her head. sounds to me like they need to go. Of course, Hydra was rash. If she had it her way, she'd be heading there to kill the perpetrator and hound out the others. ...if anyone goes missing from either of our packs... I think it would be safe to assume that they could be taken by those wolves. They're up to something, Hydra could only guess at what, but none of those options were good ones.

Hydra looked thoughtful for a moment. Was Wildfire a leader? Rannoch was, and here was a look into the very thoughtful, calculative mind of Hydra, who thought out all things. If Wildfire had been a leader, maybe they were trying to take leaders... as a bargaining chip, or something... or else to attempt to show others that they believed the Woods to be a superior force, and tried to display it. Hydra was a wolf who needed to understand, and was frustrated that she did not—but maybe it simply came down to the fact that they were volatile individuals who were not in the right mind.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - November 03, 2017

Hydra picked up the thread, swearing that she and her sisters would join the effort to deal with the Blackfeathers. Towhee bobbed her head in agreement. "They need to be dealt with," she said simply. "Gotten rid of," she clarified, orange eyes flashing darkly.

When asked about Wildfire, Towhee shook her head and said, "I don't know. But her mate's the commander of Drageda, which I think is the same thing as an Alpha." She almost mentioned the fact that Thuringwethil was also a woman, yet felt secondhand embarrassment regarding her own sister's sexuality and said nothing of it.

"Between the three packs, we should have enough wolves to take them down," Towhee said after a beat. "Do you think we could work together?" There was a skeptical look on her face. She was herself an example of a wolf who didn't play well with others outside of her pack. She couldn't help but wonder how, or if, it would work.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - November 07, 2017

Hydra agreed, though didn't think it needed to be said for Towhee to know it. Hydra licked her chops and looked downward. It didn't matter what their purpose was, she decided at length. They had done the wrong thing to the wrong wolves. They would pay. As for Towhee's question, she nodded. I think so. Any enemy of my enemy is my friend, she quipped with a roguish grin. She had heard the saying once, somewhere, and now it felt strangely fitting. And anyway, you and I are really friends. I think this common cause though is one all parties will think is worth fighting for, she said with a nod.

After a beat, Hydra looked thoughtful. I should update my family on all of this. They'll definitely want to know. So you know, we'll probably be expanding our patrol just to ensure these halfwits come nowhere near Moonspear, the Caldera and Redhawk were a good distance from one another, but if Towhee saw any searching the woods within Moonspear, she'd know why at least. The hunting was great on Moonspear—but they were after a different sort of beast, now.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - November 07, 2017

Neither one of them had ever defined their relationship, not out loud. Towhee had come to think of Hydra as her ally, though the title of friend did feel a bit more fitting. It also made the young mercenary feel slightly off kilter; her one and only friend (outside of her family, of course) was an outsider. Perhaps, she thought, she should tell her godparents about that whenever she relayed the rest of this information to them. They would be pleased with her progress in that department.

Tucking those thoughts away as Hydra prepared for an imminent departure to bequeath her own knowledge to her pack, Towhee answered simply, "Same." She then suggested, "Maybe we should start meeting regularly again? We'll need to get our game faces ready, right?" As she spoke, her toes clenched, digging into the turf and soil. They needed to prepare for a war and she could think of no better way than by training with Hydra and achieving her warrior specialty.

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Hydra - November 07, 2017

Hydra's tail waved at her friends suggestion. Definitely, she was more than down for that. Towhee had become a learned guardian from what she recalled of their last conversation, and Hydra was sure she had some stuff to learn from her. In knowing the coming days by the moon, as most wolves seemed to, Hydra suggested Maybe during the last quarter moon?

RE: When we survive this, I'm going to order some pizza and move some furniture around. - Towhee - November 07, 2017

She blinked her bright titian eyes at Hydra's suggestion for a timetable. "I d—" she began to say when a thought struck her, prompting Towhee to playfully knock herself upside the head. "Sure, that sounds like a plan," she said, not bothering to explain that she'd been about to tell her friend she knew nothing about moon phases, only to remember that her brother, Phox, was an up-and-coming astrologist.

"See you then... then," Towhee said, snickering a bit as the words left her mouth, even clunkier than usual. "Bye, Hydra," she said more succinctly, turning to go. She wasn't particularly hasty as she made her way back to the caldera, especially now that the frigid rain had stopped. But there was a purposefulness to her step as she carried what she'd learned back to @Elwood and @Finley.