Wolf RPG
Greatwater Lake you got my back against the wall, oh god - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Greatwater Lake you got my back against the wall, oh god (/showthread.php?tid=24809)

you got my back against the wall, oh god - Alarian - January 12, 2018

@Ithrik Alarian is somewhere between the lake and BFW.
tagging @Lennon for visibility
It was late when he decided to wander off from his companions, seeking to explore the area around the forest nearby. It was obviously claimed, and he dared not pass even near its ominous borders-- some things were too scary even for Alarian.
He took to wandering between the lake and the forest, often nearer to the former, searching for prey he could bring back. Ali did not often return to his companions empty-handed (empty-mouthed?)-- perhaps the more protective instinct in him. It was his personal mission now to help Lennon keep Korei safe and healthy (and happy, he admitted to himself, realizing how much he enjoyed seeing her eyes sparkle), and when he could only catch enough for one of them it often went to her.
After a time, Alarian decided to take a break, stretching out in the open field between the lake and the forest. He was tired, but not enough to sleep, so he remained in a sort of in-between state. Just enough to be blissfully unaware of his surroundings.

RE: you got my back against the wall, oh god - Ithrik - January 16, 2018

The dark wood – midst a nasty war with one of the nearby packs – did not seem to care much of what Ithrik did in his spare time. He had yet to find himself in the company of his nephew, but it didn't bother him. It seemed as though the world was rife with bodies; some young and some too frail and old to fight back. The devil had found himself in the inner workings of a paradise that could not be compared to any other that he had found. Each victim that he touched was special and he was eager to find the next. The hound's stomach ached for the taste of meat. No measly prey animal would do; he wanted the flesh of the wolf.

Trekking around the edges of the lake, Ithrik peered into the wood with halfhearted intent to search them. He was certain that he would find someone inside, but wanted to keep himself at an advantage. He would leave his interactions to chance, and hope that he would find someone that would fall as easily as the others had. Someone who had taken for granted the safe home in the wilds. Just as the thought swept through his tangled mind, Ithrik sighted him; a stranger near the wood and water who had curled himself into a position that would put him at great risk. A savage smile curled his lips and he began to dart forward, head low.

RE: you got my back against the wall, oh god - Alarian - January 16, 2018

The boy had been daydreaming-- about sunny days spent with friends, about curling up next to a certain tall handsome wolf, about a better life.
So it was entirely shocking and disconcerting when he was suddenly alerted to another wolf rushing towards him. Alarian knew the other's intentions couldn't be good, with such an approach, so he hopped up and threw himself to the side to avoid being touched. But it hadn't been a very calculated movement, and he ended up stumbling, succeeding in putting some small distance between himself and the stranger but losing his balance in the process. He let out a desperate warning bark, but did not flee for the moment.
What are you doing? He demanded, trying not to sound panicked but failing. The boy didn't yet realize he should have left while he had the chance.

RE: you got my back against the wall, oh god - Ithrik - January 26, 2018

The warning struck him, and Ithrik would have laughed if he had found the situation at all humorous. Instead, he continued at his pace and found his gut churn with the thought of filling it – filling it with the meat on this wolf's back. Saliva began to pool in his mouth and he parted his lips to allow his salmon-colored tongue to flop to the side, drizzling his drool onto the earth. After the bark of a warning struck him, and he had still not halted, it seemed that the stranger was keen on using words to prevent the attack. He would be sorely mistaken, for the devil was rarely moved by contention in language.

Fixing his eyes on the portions of the stranger that he thought were most appealing, Ithrik lunged forward and aimed to close his teeth around the young man's hind ankle. He had managed to doge the initial impact, but the patchwork devil did not believe that he could dart away forever.