Wolf RPG
Felltree Marsh vihainen - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Felltree Marsh vihainen (/showthread.php?tid=25844)

vihainen - Ceallach - February 25, 2018

Ceallach waits until @Eirlys is asleep and breathing steadily in those long drawn out ways. Even through her fluff he can read her, ocher red eyes peering through the dark to see that she stayed steady. Tucked between the trees and on a somewhat dry patch of earth, Ceallach takes the moments of solitude to think. He has more questions than anything, more emotions that burn him - and that headache! Still it makes him near blind sometimes, pain squeezing so acutely that it feels almost as if he will be strangled by it. Whatever it was, whatever it meant - Ceallach does not like it. It only happened when his emotions rose swiftly and usually when he was angry. It had started when he'd snuck out to look for Roarke and Mallaidh. It had happened, stronger and worse and more painful than he could remember when he and Arturo found Chusi's scent tracking past, and then again away from, Teaghlaigh in the wake of Lotte's death. Since the encounter with his parent's adopted child the headache had lingered. 

Ceallach took a few careful steps until he felt confident he wouldn't wake Eirlys. Then he took off. He didn't go too far before his fear of losing his last littermate stopped him like a proverbial ball and chain and Ceallach came to a halt. The muddy ground beneath his paws skidded a bit, disrupted by his weight and claws. The invisible wall wouldn't be breached. He wouldn't fight it. Ceallach knew that what lurked in him was perhaps even more protective of his sister than he was and he stopped trying to understand. He accepted. Long ago he had come to accept things as they were - now, at being presented with Chusi again, it became harder to not try and shift everything again. He'd reformatted his life time and time again - after losing Roarke, Mallaidh, his Aiti, and then writing Chusi out of his family.....and then Arturo. 

The boy's chest heaved as his headache reached a sharp pitch and he closed his eyes, growling to himself through gritted teeth beneath the moon's silver rays.

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - February 27, 2018

What the fuck.

What the fuck.

I’m not so sure about this adult shit.

She slips from the border early in the afternoon. She doesn’t expect to go far; she’s not supposed to leave without a buddy, anyway. But it’s just to the tangle, where she’d run into Eirlys. Maybe she’s back and she can see her again and find some sort of peace to her now never-ending ache. She’s never felt like more of an outsider to Drageda than ever when she doesn’t have a single wolf she can talk to about it without revealing her whole charade. And what will they do then? Kill her? Were they like Blackfeather in that way?

A lump forms in her throat but she keeps going, skirting the edges of the tangle until she’s crossed the river and on to the other side. The day has faded away into night. She’s tired but her legs don’t stop moving, pushing her forward into territory she doesn’t know. She really should have told someone where she was going, just in case, but it’s too late at this point and it doesn’t matter if she turns back now or turns back later. At least later, she can say she tried.

The ground turns gross between her paws, cold and wet and frozen. No amount of shaking clears her of the mud clinging and seeping into her fur. A growl is heard not too far off and she freezes, slowly shifting back on her heels to back out of the situation and hightail it out of there but the wind blows and her heart skips a beat, and then falls out of her chest. Furi sucks in a breath and holds it a few seconds, slowly releasing and then urging herself forward. The moonlight illuminates the boy, the pattern, and silvers his colors; if it were not for the youthful curves she might be looking at her father.

She whispers, “Ceallach?”

RE: vihainen - Ceallach - February 28, 2018

breathe in, breathe out, count to ten - do it in tundarian now

Ceallach was trying all of his tricks to get the headache to go away but so far it wasn't working. His eyes still closed, his focus entirely on his own pain, he didn't hear the approach of the other wolf until his name cut through the silence of the night. Soft as it was the silence had been so intense that it sounded like she screamed it; loud and piercing it broke through his focus and his ocher eyes snapped open. He drew in a breath and held still, scanning the darkness around him until he could find the source of the sound only illuminated for a moment by a pair of bright eyes. 

Not many new him. Seri was long gone, as far as he knew, and there were no other youths in Teaghlaigh and he'd met none on his travels. He was a loner only interested in his own family, he went beyond just being antisocial into a new realm of obsessiveness. Sheep dogs had nothing on the coywolf when it came to the way he monitored his family unit. "Who's there?" It was less a question, more a demand, his question ringing through the quiet - although his voice wasn't loud it was firm. He didn't want to disturb Eirlys, but, he wasn't exactly one to just sit back and play the wait and see game. 

It made him uncomfortable to have someone know who he was without knowing them. He'd long since written his other siblings off as dead -or worse as Chusi had proven with being an abandoning traitor - and so they didn't even cross his mind. 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - February 28, 2018

Furi flinches when he snaps to attention, turning in her direction. She’s not sure he can see her in the dark and she hadn’t gotten too close in case she scared him. Something hits her stomach hard and she lifts a paw and leans back. Has Eirlys told him they’d found one another? Everything feels like they’re left with loose ends and she hasn’t figure out what to do with them.

The stern demand causes her to flinch a second time and she moves closer, this time stepping into the clearing where the moon reflects their tundra pattern. She’d been dark and mostly solid when she’d lived in Teaghlaigh—it made it easy for Seri not to recognize her—but a new hurt threatens to resurface should her brother not (Eirlys had, jumping off a whim). Furi holds her breath a moment, debating how to answer the question—if she should—before she clears her throat and offers a quiet, saddened, “Mallaidh.”

RE: vihainen - Ceallach - February 28, 2018

Ceallach was still looking for her, trying to seek her out from the darkness. Whatever she was doing in that spot at that moment it set him off and made him uncomfortable; he was already feeling defensive though. With it just being him and Eirlys and Eirlys already chewed on by strangers for the accidental trespass (he understood their defensiveness and held no fault to the wolves of the shoreline pack) he was just on edge. What the other said though - that swept Ceallach back to the tender age of his infancy, missing his brother, and then his sister. Watching his mother lose herself to distance and looking for her children. Watching his family slowly drift apart. Watching Hemlock go after the children, bringing back Ran - her dying, Sirius leaving.....it was a domino effect. 

"You're lying," He said quickly, his voice thick with emotion. "You have to be lying." Because if she wasn't then his dead sister wasn't dead and he didn't know how to handle that. He didn't know if he should be mad or if he could be relieved or something else entirely. If she wasn't dead - if she really was his Mallaidh....then what had happened? Why hadn't she come home? Why hadn't she made it back to them somehow? Who had taken her from them - who had kept her from them? 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - March 01, 2018

You’re lying. Furi croaks a sound, opening her mouth to say something but she’s drowned out. You have to be lying. Her ears droop back against her head.

While she doesn’t exactly know what reaction she’d been expecting, she hadn’t expected that one. Did Eirlys not tell him they’d found one another? Was there something else she doesn’t know, that her sister didn’t tell her? Pain pulls at the back of her eyes and she blinks a few times, turning away. Looking at the pain across his face does no good and she feels the stone sinking in her chest, pulling her to the ground. Somehow, she’s made things worse, as she often does.

“I’m not lyin’, Ceallach,” she cries, her voice restrained with emotion. “I found Eirlys the other day. She… she told me everything,” Furi adds, hoping she can find a way to grieve with her family, even if they’re miles ahead of her. They’ve known since her passing and have had time to learn and cope when she’s struggling for fresh air. She’s learned to live without her family but she never really… figured out how to live without them. They’ve missed so much of one another, things they’ll never get back, and she’s just barely scratched the surface.

RE: vihainen - Ceallach - March 11, 2018

"We've been busy." It's a clipped response because Ceallach isn't exactly a warm man - he never had found that inherent sweetness like some did - and it only brings up other questions of what they were expected to do now. The woman before him is a stranger. His ears shift forward and he's not sure he should move forward to embrace or touch her. If it was Eirlys he already would have been there but unfortunately she wasn't. Ceallach didn't know how to comfort her and even if he had an inkling he didn't know if he would. 

"What happened?" Ceallach asked quickly, realizing that the only way he'd be capable of moving or doing was if he knew what had happened. "Who took you?" Because surely she hadn't just vanished after the turmoil their parents had gone through - that they had gone through - after losing Roarke. She wouldn't have been so foolhardy. He could feel the tension in waves through his spine and down his limbs, his neck and skull and even his tail almost pulsing with the feeling. It was like being wound tighter and tighter and Ceallach wondered how much longer before he snapped. 

Maybe he was his father's son after all.

That only made him feel more bitter and he wondered how he ended up the way he was. It was easy enough to see on paper. Siblings lost and dead (well, one then, as one was now standing before him again) and then his mother dying, losing his pack, his father leaving (but hadn't Arturo left long ago? The Witchdoctor hadn't cared for them) and their refuge dissolving. Eirlys nearly being taken from him. It was enough to make anyone bitter but Ceallach felt he was in a league all his own. There was too much in him. Too many walls in place that he was a labyrinth and he was consumed by it. 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - March 12, 2018

Ears press against the back of her head and she flinches, leaning back should he choose to lash out instead of accept her answer. She doesn’t entirely know what he’s talking about. For a moment, she expects him to elaborate but he’s silent and uneasy. Conflicted.

After a moment, he turns quickly and demands answers through vague questions but she knows exactly what he wants. Furi closes her eyes and sighs. Reuniting with her brother like this isn’t exactly what she’d been expecting. Eirlys had told her a little, but shouldn’t he be happy she’s not dead?

“I… I was attacked one day, outside the borders… not bad. She pinned me. She was going to kill me, but two other wolves showed up and made her let me go,” she tells him. Had she been looking for Roarke, or simply exploring? Her memory on time remains fuzzy but she looks down at the ground. It isn’t directly related to her leaving, but it had snapped the leash between her and Teaghlaigh. “And… and then I thought,” she pauses, licks her lips and glances upward, not so sure of what she’s going to say. “I saw Roarke and I ran and I got lost,” she finally says, struggling to find the proper words but they all sound so stupid.

RE: vihainen - Ceallach - March 29, 2018

It seemed so very simple to hear it. She'd gotten lost as children often do, but someone had also attacked her and that was unacceptable. It was a wonder that no one had found her and Ceallach still felt himself bristle. It was as if the slight to his family was new and it was because he'd never gotten to process it. In his head there was a croak of pain and he swallowed back the sound before he'd emitted it himself, he did not want to deal with that now. He had to keep his anger under check. This sister did not know. She did not need to know. Eirlys had seen it enough and Ceallach knew shame from it - wishing he could be only the protector and guardian he likened himself to. 

"We searched so long," He promised, his voice thick with emotion. She knew that, right? She had to have known it. Eirlys confessed to knowing that their siblings were still breathing while Ceallach had to let that dream go. He'd lost Aiti and then Arturo had left them all and Tapat needed help and Droman and Reed were so tiny - he felt his breath hitching and he tried to relax himself. He had to force it, if nothing else. 

"We didn't stop. Not until....." He swallowed roughly and his eyes shifted away from her face, he couldn't handle his own pain when it came to his mother. "When...When Aiti passed Arturo wanted to leave the Strath and then Mama gave birth it just....everything happened so quickly." He admitted. Still there was that vague hope that they would find her and Roarke along the way but it never happened. 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - April 01, 2018

It is different coming from Ceallach. It doesn’t mean less coming from Eirlys but for a lot of what she remembers, the girl had been ill and secluded and her few interactions were short. She loves her sister, missed her a great deal—as much as any of her other family—but she’d always been rambunctious, always teetered along after her brothers and getting in their way. Ceallach was the one that found the fallen stars with her and she has half a mind to stop the conversation, demand he follow, and go back to tell Blixen that what they saw was real. But to Blixen, her long lost brother isn’t.

Furi’s lips press together and she takes a step forward, reducing the increased space between them. “I know,” she manages to say softly. Their sister had told her most of everything but still hearing they have siblings doesn’t feel real. She isn’t old enough to have siblings so young, right?

“I missed you so much,” she adds, her voice cracking. She doesn’t care if he wants space, rushing forward and ridding them of distance. It has been too long. She closes her eyes and buries her face into his fur and if he were to stagger back, she would follow. Promises to see each other again with Eirlys had been made but she can’t stand to lose them anymore and she releases a shaky breath and parts the fur in front of her mouth. “Someone found me a few days travel from here,” she says, though it is only her best guess on distance. “I almost died but they took me in and… and made me better.”

RE: vihainen - Ceallach - April 02, 2018

She crashes into him like a boulder into ice; it might have shattered him - maybe it did - into a million other smaller broken pieces. Ceallach has felt like fragments his entire life, it's never enough. He's always felt like he was never enough. He swallows thickly before pressing his skull into her thick pelt and for a moment it is like being home and having Aiti. It is like safety. Her scent is different thought and it is enough to remind him that she isn't Lotte. This isn't Teaghlaigh. What Teaghlaigh was meant to be had never come and was abandoned far too early in it's days. "We moved to an island, but when it seemed empty and winter got bad we came back to the mainland. We called ourselves Undersea for a time." Ceallach explained. 

He took a deep breath, trying to steady himself again. "Eirlys and I will probably go back. I don't know. We have to keep an eye out for Droman and Reed. They're getting bigger and Mama...." He sighed softly. "She never should have had to do this alone." His tone goes bitter then and he feels the truth of everything - that if Arturo had just stayed maybe they wouldn't feel like such failures. Maybe things would have been better for Droman and Reed, maybe Hemlock wouldn't be at her wits end. It was a lot to put on one person - but then they'd never had the choice either. Arturo chose to leave. 

"Have you seen Chusi?" He asked suddenly, wondering if she'd run into their other sibling out in the randomness. If not, he'd have to bear that unfortunate news to her. 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - April 04, 2018

Ceallach doesn’t move much when she takes him into an embrace but it does take a moment for him to return the gesture. She barely notices; by the time he’s giving in, she’s thankful for his presence and he at least didn’t try to get away. That’s all that matters. She’s been separated from them for far too long and perhaps, if she hadn’t seen Eirlys a few days ago, she might be hesitant too.

She listens eagerly as he talks about where they went. Their sister spoke of all the bad things that happened but beyond that the conversation became strained when she hadn’t gone with her. Furi closes her eyes and slowly pulls back, but still stands chest to chest. Her nose turns and she gently kisses his cheek as she listens to the strain and exhaustion in his voice. It’s hard to imagine what they’ve gone through and it’s easy to sweep all the strife she’s gone through under the rug and take on the new trouble, just so they don’t have to.

“I want to meet them,” she says quietly, nosing her brother’s chin encouragingly before she finally pulls away, albeit reluctantly. “I want to see Hemlock again,” she adds, though she struggles to call her Hemlock when both her siblings call her mama. She hadn’t been to her, she’d been too young to be introduced to it, but it doesn’t make it any less for Eirlys and Ceallach and, maybe they can have a similar bond someday.

When he changes the subject, mentioning their long-lost adopted sibling, she thinks about Ingram and frowns. She hadn’t realized their older sister had never gone back home, only to have her next door. “Uh, someone I know was looking for her but I haven’t seen her,” she tells him though it doesn’t make sense, even to her. She should have known sooner, maybe tried to talk to her, but too little too late.

RE: vihainen - Eirlys - April 14, 2018

Eirlys woke up grumpy and literally butthurt. That Ceallach had left her side surprised her, but she wasn’t worried — it was easy enough to track his scent, and she followed his trail at a dogged if not particularly graceful limp. When she caught Mallaidh’s scent along with it, she quickened her pace, spurring her weary legs into a hitching canter. She held up her hind leg as she did so, crashing through the underbrush just as Furi answered some statement of Ceallach’s: “Uh, someone I know was looking for her but I haven’t seen her.”

Hobbling closer to her siblings, Eirlys beamed. “You found each other,” she breathed joyously. “I never got to tell Ceallach that I found you, Mallaidh.” Her grin was rueful, and more than a little grim. She nosed lovingly at her sister’s cheek and then paid the same homage to their brother. “I accidentally trespassed on another pack’s territory and there was kind of a situation with Chusi and some boyfriend of hers.”

juhla - Ceallach - May 11, 2018

There is comfort in the fact that Mallaidh still wanted to see their family, Hemlock would have been so relieved! He can almost see the emotion on their Mama's face, having three of her older children back together. "We can take you to her -" He'd started, although it died off, he couldn't very well make that choice without Eirlys there, could he? But they were a unit and they went together, where his dusted sister lead Ceallach followed. He was about to sweep into the explanation of why she needed to watch out for Chusi when Eirlys approached and quickly Ceallach breathed out a soft breath. She was still safe after all, and she didn't seem much worse than how he'd left her. 

He kissed her cheek gently when Eirlys was close enough and allowed her to explain the dilemma they'd had. "Chusi - she'd....she'd left us in Teaghlaigh on some scouting mission and then she came back to the Hinterlands and didn't come home. She didn't get to see Aiti, she could have and she didn't." Ceallach's voice had become bitter. He would never forgive that transgression against Lotte or against their family; it was Chusi's actions that had ultimately caused Arturo to change. 

"She is no sister of mine." His voice steeled, no matter how much either sibling might protest it or plead on the strangely accented wolf's behalf, Ceallach had made up his mind - and of this, all facets of his thinking agreed. 

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - May 14, 2018

We can take you to her. 

Furi tightens her jaws but Ceallach seems to cut himself off. Eirlys assumes she was going back with her when she’d been with her last but Ceallach seems unsure and her stomach drops. While she can’t just waltz off after them to her family, it stings he doesn’t trust her. 

She doesn’t have to answer anything by then because, lo and behold, Eirlys shows up out of the blue to explain what happened. It doesn’t explain the situation very much, since Ingram had been searching for her. Ceallach picks up a beat later, explaining their elder sister had left home too and after all that, no longer accepts her as such. She’d never been around Chusi as a puppy and after finding out she lives with the enemy, and now her siblings swearing her off... well, what is she to think? It’s easy to write her off, too, without much of a connection to begin with. 

”I’m sorry,” she says softly and steps close to Eirlys for a gentle nudge, feeling a sting of jealousy after watching their connection.

RE: vihainen - Eirlys - May 18, 2018

Oh, Eirlys, you beautiful idiot.

Eirlys burrowed her face in Mallaidh’s ruff for a treasured moment before stepping forward and standing heart-to-heart with her, cocoa muzzle stretching across sterling-feathered withers. “I missed you,” she breathed. “Even though I know where to look for you now, I was afraid I wouldn’t find you again.” She wished, more than anything, that the three reunited siblings could band together and sleep together in a three-thread-knot until they found Roarke once more — but she wouldn’t say so. Circling back to Ceallach, she sought to soothe her brother in the wake of his steely declaration, slicking the bridge of her muzzle under his chin and bumping it skyward. “Chin up!” the gesture seemed to say.

Okay, yeah, no, she was gonna say it after all.

Utterly unaware that she’d already run into her twin once, “I wish we knew where Roarke was,” she blurted out. She’d always been the sentimental one, while Ceallach had been more stoic about their missing siblings. Sensitive to the fact that he might feel threatened about the wistfulness that had crept into her tone the moment she mentioned her twin — but without fully understanding the reason behind it — she snuck an apologetic glance at him and at Mallaidh. “I probably shouldn’t…have…said it,” she mumbled. “It’s not because he’s my twin or anything,” she insisted. “It’s just…we’d be four again.”

She swallowed thickly, a nervous laugh blurting from her. “Sorry — it’s not funny. I know it’s not. I’m not laughing because it’s funny. I just — well, I…you know?”

RE: vihainen - Mallaidh - June 03, 2018

Ceallach doesn’t have anything else to say to her and she frowns, looking somewhere else as Eirlys picks up the conversation easily. Gifted to fill in the silent, awkward spaces, it doesn’t ease the tension in Furi all that much. She steps close and nuzzles her sister, looking at her brother in hopes maybe he’ll figure her, one day, and not disown her like he has so easily Chusi.

As their sister brings up their brother, she glances between the two; it certainly puts a damper on the evening but she misses him all the same. It would be nice to be all together again; it would have been nice to grow up together with all her siblings instead of some strange place, or alone. Furi looks down at the ground as Eirlys continues.

Eventually, they move past it and she enjoys the brief company of her siblings before she has to part back for Drageda and return to somewhere she’s not so sure about anymore.