Wolf RPG
Totoka River i spend my money on the regular miracles - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Totoka River i spend my money on the regular miracles (/showthread.php?tid=30780)

i spend my money on the regular miracles - Bbbbb - November 13, 2018

he does love paradise. it may be cold and he may be sick, and maybe there are strange wolves here too — but it's so beautiful. there's so much more life, even as the weather grows colder. he can't help but be lost in the scenery as he walks, full of hope and light, sunny thoughts. he's never been this happy, he thinks.
he spots the river from a distance, and it's so pretty he can't help but take off running toward it. his legs feel sort of heavy, and his head does too, but he's too distracted to think about that right now. when he reaches the water, he plunges his muzzle into it without a second thought, enjoying the feeling of frigid water against his dry, too-warm nose and mouth. he comes up after a moment sputtering slightly, giggling because he doesn't really mind coughing on such nice water. it's nothing like the murky waters of the barrens — but it's not the sickly saccharine of daisy fields, either. it's perfect.

RE: i spend my money on the regular miracles - Cephaloryn - November 14, 2018

It wasn't often he left the mainlands but when he did he typically only went to the river. Today was no different, it seemed. The Seawolf was in search of something to bring back to Undersea. A meal, a toy for the children, perhaps even something Seelie might find delightful. Anything to brighten the solemn atmosphere that seemed to have settled over the island in the recent weeks.

In his search he found a coughing figure close to the river's edge. They were interesting looking. Lithe and lean with a warm coat. Perhaps it was their uniqueness that pulled him in (for he had been accustomed to his fellow Undersea wolves/wolf-dogs for so long) or maybe he would have gone anyway for that sputtering choke.

Are you alright? He asked before finding the question felt a bit dumb after it came out.

RE: i spend my money on the regular miracles - Bbbbb - November 14, 2018

he's so busy coughing, he doesn't even notice there's a wolf approaching until he addresses him. he flinches, startled, and turns to look at the other — but he's gotten a little more used to the overt friendliness of strangers in paradise. he thinks it sort of makes sense; there's nothing to be afraid of here. not like back home, anyway. not like daisy fields. his coughing subsides almost immediately and he nods quickly. yeah! yeah — never been better, actually, he smiles brightly, tail swishing. this place is really pretty. i've never seen anywhere so nice — do you live here? he can't help all the words that bubble out of him, but he's starting to think meeting strangers is very exciting. they might be strange, but they're so nice!

Rokig was met with a face slapping giddiness. It shook him to his core but not in a bad way. It was...refreshing. He had been glum and so sheltered recently that he forget not everyone was a hermit or grouch. Then he is met with a question that reminds him of his first time here. With Seelie and Undersea's masked raven. He wondered if this meeting would be anything like those two or if he'd merely know this male in passing.

Over there. Rokig spoke before he motioned over his shoulder and out towards the island. It was not the grandest sight from here but the general direction was there. Undersea. He informed him with a brief smile that soon settled into a neutral look.

Then curiosity crept up on the masked male. Are you new here?

his gaze follows the male's gesture, eyes wide and sparkling with curiosity and awe. undersea? he repeats softly. like, you live under the sea? c-can you breathe underwater — or do you hold your breath for a really long time? he sucks in a breath, wondering if all wolves can do that in paradise. can he do that, now? he almost doesn't register the man's question, but after a moment he recovers enough to nod again. yeah — everyone back home was always talking about the paradise in the east. they say life is better here. i-i wanted to bring my family, but — nononono he can't talk about that, not now, not when he's so happy! but i had to come by myself. it's really great here, though. better than i imagined.

Oh. He guessed that Undersea did sound a lot like under — pause — sea. Rokig had never considered that before but it made for a lighthearted mistake. No, no. He spoke with a lazy grin. We live on an island. I'm sure you could come visit sometime if you are interested. Just make sure to call for someone before heading inland. The last part was said a bit more stern, but the Seawolf was by no means mad. He just didn't want a kindhearted trespasser to be attacked.

Then the lithe male said something that sounded familiar. It sounded a lot like his story but more lighthearted. Rokig certainly saw this place as a paradise but he wouldn't dare bring his family here (little did he know...) but he was glad not everyone had the same relationships as him. I understand. His head bobbed briefly. It is a pretty nice place. Perhaps you should keep a collection of stories, that way you can tell your family all about it?

he's a little embarrassed when he realizes he'd misunderstood, but it only shows in his expression briefly. the male's invitation almost immediately lifts his spirits, sending his tail swishing a little faster. i will! he agrees quickly, and he means it.
the other's next words are unexpected, and they strike him hard for a moment. he inhales sharply, gaze averting, and mumbles: that's a good idea, but i ah... don't think i'll be seeing them again, he doesn't like this change of subject, though, so he glances back to the other, gaze sweeping over his form for a moment before settling again on his silvery eyes. he clears his throat, offering a slightly lopsided grin with his next words. say, uh — has anyone ever told you how cute you are?

Rokig nodded his head, pleased with the enthusiasm. Perhaps a lively visitor with good intentions (from what he can tell) would be good for Undersea. Surely if Seelie was feeling well enough she would enjoy such a chipper creature. Perhaps Stockholm would too. They could use some positivity around the island.

Before he could inquire (because...well, Rokig was feeling nosy and this story was beginning to sound like his own) the male said something that caught him off guard. The Seawolf didn't even bother keeping his jaw closed. While it wasn't gaping, it certainly hung a bit open. Silver eyes rapidly blinked as his skin grew hot. Oh..oh I... He awkwardly shifted his weight. Um. Thank you. And although the words came out in an jumbled mumble, he meant it.

Should he compliment him back? What did he even say? "You're cute too" sounded so dumb and unoriginal now. Who copied compliments??

he finds the male's reaction strange, and he immediately wonders if he's said something wrong. maybe such compliments aren't as common in paradise? that would surprise him. his ears pin back slightly as he tries to decipher the conflicting messages he receives; the stranger seems uncomfortable, but thanks him. did i make you uncomfortable? he asks after a beat, voice full of concern. he hates to be the reason for another's distress. i'm sorry.

He felt guilt at the other's concern. O-oh no! I just...I don't remember anyone ever calling me that. Cute. Even the word felt strange on his tongue. He was short and compact, stocky built. It almost looked like he never grew out of those awkward puppy stages. Stuck somewhere between a child and an adult. Sometimes he mentally felt like that too. Not that he needed to share such things.

You...look nice. I don't think I've seen someone with the color of your fur. There. He managed to get something out without sounding too much like a try-hard. Oh but now he realized all the little things. Like the twinkle of his eyes and how he was built with such grace, lithe and lean but in a unique way compared to what he has already seen.

Oh boy.

really? he can't help but blurt to the other's first confession, genuinely surprised. that's so weird! before he can elaborate, the silver-eyed man continues, and he can't help but smile at the compliment. it's clumsy, and maybe under other circumstances he'd have mixed feelings about being told he looks nice, but it seems to make sense now that he knows the male has never been called cute before. thank you, he says softly, careful to keep any amusement from his tone. he kind of feels bad for the other wolf, now — everyone deserves to be called cute at least once, especially if they are cute. and he really, really is. are you... supposed to be anywhere any time soon? he decides to ask, leaving it open to interpretation; he could use the company. paradise can get a little lonely, he's realized.

RE: i spend my money on the regular miracles - Cephaloryn - November 18, 2018

This was all...new territory for Rokig. He didn't understand how to properly exchange comments that might come off as flirtatious or cutesie. Sure he could give compliments on a job well done but well, that was about it. The question struck him as odd but he looked about. No wolves of Undersea were trailing him and it didn't seem awfully late in the day. No...I suppose I am free for a bit. Did you need help with something? He asked with a small tilt of his masked head. It was the only thing he could think would make sense — helping.

Of course, Rokig never considered that someone non-Undersea would simply just want some of his time. For company or otherwise. Perhaps he had been sheltered for too long.

RE: i spend my money on the regular miracles - Bbbbb - November 18, 2018

a faint smile lingers on his features as he watches the other look around as if expecting someone else. it fades, though, with his words. blossom's first thought is that it's a polite rejection, and that he ought to take it gracefully and move on (wishful thinking); it doesn't occur to him that it's not obvious he only wants to hang out for a bit. embarrassed, he blurts: no, i meant — well, um, you don't have to — i was just hoping for some company. but i know we just met, and you probably have friends waiting for you at home, and — i'm sorry, i'm just really lonely lately. at some point he does need to stop for breath, and it's in that moment that he decides it's very much time to shut up.

Oh, he felt kind of bad. Maybe he should have understood that by the vague questioning. His face felt warm with embarrassment but he attempted to keep that hidden. Oh I don’t mind keeping you company. He awkwardly admitted. No one will mind if I’m away for the afternoon or evening. Or so he thought with a soft shrug of his shoulders and a half grin. Surely there was no harm in stretching his legs, meeting new wolves.

Is there any particular activities you like to do? Maybe something you haven’t done in a while? Rokig was not that best at impromptu planning, so he hoped that the fellow at least had some sort clue on what to do.

confusion overwhelms his embarrassment when the stranger agrees to keep him company, sounding awkward but not dishonest — he thinks. he likes to imagine daisy fields has taught him a thing or two about spotting dishonesty, but for all he knows he's deluding himself. so he keeps his mouth shut and tries to look grateful, until the other asks him about activities. with each passing second in this wolf's company, he thinks more and more that he's terribly strange in an awkward, jumbled way — like a mismatched puzzle assembled from various stray pieces that almost fit together. and maybe the resulting picture makes little sense so far, but he finds it... magnetic, in a way.
we could explore? he suggests, immediately feeling a little dumb; the stranger has probably already seen all there is to see here if he lives nearby. or we could... talk? or play a game? he's not very good at this either, apparently.

I like exploring. He commented softly, like a shy child but the glimmer in his eyes revealed he was thrilled about the prospect. The river's pretty and hides plenty. Have you ever seen fish before? It felt like a dumb question but Rokig had been unfamiliar with the scaly creatures when he had arrived here. Of course, this time he had no interest in hunting them for a meal or two. No no. He merely wanted to share their shimmery beauty with his new company.

You usually have to stand still in the water to spot them but perhaps if we walk along we'll see a few. He suggested with a grin that seemed almost out of place but honest, nonetheless.

a relieved smile spreads over his features when the other wolf says he likes exploring, tail beginning to sway from side to side again. his head tilts a moment later at his question, ears perked. a what? he asks, eyes sparkling with curiosity. what's a — a fish? he's almost hesitant in testing the word; it rolls off his tongue strangely, and he can't help but wonder what such a creature might look like. his gaze flits to the river, scanning the surface eagerly, but quickly returns to his companion, expecting an explanation.

He felt a bit relieved - in all honesty - at the other male's question about the fish. They're these creatures with a weird scaly covering. They can only live in the water but all sorts of water! The river, the ocean, a pond. He explained with perhaps too much excitement for such a tame topic. Sometimes they look different. Like wolves but...not. Rokig's eyes scanned the surface as he slowly moved in search of one of the swimming creatures.

There. He ushered softly with a motion of his muzzle. A soft ripple broke the surface of the river with a shimmering view just below the water. It was a quick view but hopefully his companion could see it.

he's immediately captivated by the other male's enthusiasm, watching him fondly as he tells him about fish. he's tempted to ask more questions, but he's distracted before he can get the words out, following his companion's searching gaze over the water; he's admittedly pretty excited to see one, now that he's heard more about them.
his gaze follows the other wolf's gesture as soon as he hears him speak, eyes widening slightly. oh! his voice is soft and full of wonder, and he stares at the spot for another moment before he turns back to the stranger. wow. i-i've never seen anything like that before! his tail is waving furiously now, expression lit up like a child's on christmas morning; he'd never known creatures like that could exist, and it makes him wonder about all the other possibilities. they must be endless, he thinks.

The enthusiasm he received in return was rather contagious and so now they were just passing the energy back and forth like two goofs. I hadn't either! Not until I got here. He admitted with a sheepish grin. It wasn't too long ago but goodness it felt like eons since the sea wolves had accepted him onto their island of safety. In a good way, of course.

Do you like them? We might be able to find more! And and! I could show you the ones at Undersea when you come to visit? A shy expression spread over his features with heat as he realized he might be overbearing to his new...friend? Yes. Friend seemed like a good word if they liked the sea creatures as much as Rokig.

he's not very focused on the shame of being so ignorant to the world, but it still nags in the background — and in a way, the male's words soothe that sting before he can even feel it this time. it does make him wonder if fish only exist in paradise, but he can ask that later. he doesn't want to interrupt the other's cheerful mood — it's actually really nice just to see another wolf so happy.
yes! yes yes yes — to all of it, he says, smiling brightly. he takes a step closer without thinking, tail swishing so enthusiastically that his entire back half wiggles a little with each motion. oh, thank you so much — for showing me what a fish is, and for inviting me to visit undersea. i really appreciate it.