Wolf RPG
Heron Lake Plateau I'll get used to this eventually. - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Heron Lake Plateau I'll get used to this eventually. (/showthread.php?tid=32134)

I'll get used to this eventually. - Spooky Camilla - January 13, 2019

Tagging for reference; open to anyone.

Camilla hadn't wanted to leave @Phox's side after they were reunited, which made their travel back to the plateau something of a challenge. She just wanted to bask in his presence, and was too tired to keep up with him for long periods of time. When the pair eventually arrived at the borders they wasted no time in crossing them and then seeking out a safe space for Camilla to rest for the remainder of that day; she lost track of time after that, being in-and-out of sleep as her body began its recovery. She dreamed of the dark-coated boy and the demon which he fought, that fateful day. In her dreams things were more clear-cut; he destroyed the beastly man that took her, and they'd find a happy ended prior to Camilla returning to the real world. She would wake up in good spirits, which was a nice change.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Quixote - January 14, 2019

He'd kept an eye out for signs of Camilla, but being an alpha had kept him leashed closer to the territory than others.  If someone really was brazen enough to cross a border to abduct someone, he wasn't going to give them another chance to do so.  He hadn't seen a sign, but one of the trips that Phox had taken had ended up with her returning.  He wasn't going to complain, or really ask for an official meeting to re-accept her to the ranks.

But just because he was keeping some of that group at arm's length, that didn't mean that he was going to just ignore her return.  They hadn't even met really other than that brief interaction when everyone was pissed.  Certainly that reflected so well on everyone at the time.  Rumor had it she was kind of an odd bird, but despite that, he figured it was probably a good idea to see if she was doing okay since her return.  And so, that's why Quixote appeared. 

He uttered a whuff to get her attention, casually strolling her way, but paying attention to how she'd act.  She'd probably been through something pretty traumatic so he'd try to be a little careful, but he was still Quixote.  If it came to it, he could always have Raven come talk to her instead, but it would be weird for him to not try.  It was also probably a little unfortunate that he pretty much was the wolf version of a scruffy guy seen drinking alone at a dive bar, but whatever, he meant well even if he didn't look like hugs and butterflies.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Spooky Camilla - January 14, 2019

Once she was awake, she began to look around for Phox. Before long though she realized she was too hungry to focus on him. It made her feel bad to put Phox in to her mental side-lines while she sought something from the nearest cache, but as soon as she'd uprooted the small pit and found the remains of a half-eaten rabbit things began to feel better. She hoisted the remains out of the cache and began to work at the tough, cold meat. The fur was mostly gone, but what vestiges of flesh and sinew remained worked to keep the compact form in one piece. Camilla settled on to her haunches as she gnawed, and then slumped to her belly, holding the haunch between her paws while she obnoxiously worked her teeth across the meat.

The process took some time, and was quite loud. So when the dark stranger came creeping up on her, not only was Camilla's snout filled with the stale scent of the old kill, but her ears were filled with the pig-like grunts she was making. A healthy line of drool had collected behind her lower teeth and began to dribble out of her muzzle as she got to work on the last few bits, except it was at that moment she noticed the warm scent of wolf as it overwhelmed all others. She stopped and sat rigidly in place, ears spinning and eyes bright with caution, as she settled her gaze upon the roaming figure.

He was large and swarthy, which immediately made her think of the boorish man from the borders. The closer he got the more anxious she felt, but before Camilla could bolt away she took stock of her surroundings and her situation; she was on the plateau, deep in the Redhawks territory. The man wasn't here anymore. Phox had saved her. It was safe. This wasn't him. It took some convincing, and her rabbit-heart was still thrumming in her breast, but Camilla managed to avert the oncoming panic attack in time to recognize Quixote. She dipped her nose and stared at the dirt for a moment, before bravely meeting his gaze, and shyly chuffing a greeting his way.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Quixote - January 16, 2019

He knew that he should probably try to tread carefully if possible just based on what little information he had about her, but Quixote was definitely more of a blunt object than most.  At least he wasn't the type to strut around like a peacock about their rank, but there was only so much he could do.  At least she didn't just flee into the sunset or something, so that was a positive.  If he stayed calm and fairly quiet, would that be the best approach?  He wasn't going to encroach on her more than getting within conversation-range, though.

Difficulty was this was definitely more Raven's type of thing, but she wasn't standing here with him.  There would be times where she would be unavailable, so he'd have to make an attempt and try not to screw things up.  How else was he gonna learn?  Sure, he was probably better at this than he was a year ago, but eh.  For a wolf of not-great words, he at least tried to get his point across without sounding weird.  Hell if he knew if he seemed like either, Hey.  You doing okay since you got back?  Obviously I don't personally know what you went through, but if there's anything I can do to help you out, that's what I'm here for.  Would she even believe him?  Phox had been so pissed at him for no reason, hell if Quixote knew whether he'd tried to give her the wrong idea about him or something.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Spooky Camilla - January 16, 2019

This was the pack's partriarch. As far as Camilla was concerned, that meant he was the big boss and he could get away with literally anything — because the men in her life, thus far, had pretty much run all over her (except for Phox). She couldn't help but entertain the fleeting thought he had come here for some alternative purpose - maybe checking up on her was an excuse, but he was really after something more sinister, like the men of the Company who only ever wanted one thing. Camilla wanted to trust he was better than that, the way Phox was better. Although she'd only recently returned after her harrowing ordeal, Camilla chose to look on the brighter side and give him the benefit of her (incredibe, overwhelmingly intense) doubt.

As he asked after her, she tried to relax. Really, she did. Her eyes trailed to the soil a few times but Camilla told herself, 'Just pretend its Phox; just think of Phox and you'll be okay, he doesn't want to hurt you —' and managed to focus herself enough to reply, Um, b-buh, better. But that wasn't much to go on. He was trying to be nice and take an interest in her well-being, which Camilla could appreciate. At the very least she could hold up her side of the conversation - just keep reciting that mantra there, poor girl.

I was lucky. But... But Phox, he got hurt. That's my fault. I... I'm sorry for that, but apologizing to this man wasn't the same as speaking to her beloved. This was something she needed to tell him face-to-face once she felt up to it. Camilla swallows a lump in her throat as she realizes this and quietly adds, Thank you for -- for help. For letting me stay. 'I promise it will be worth the trouble,' she thought, as her gaze dropped again to the dirt as her submissive habits reared their head.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Quixote - January 18, 2019

Had she always talked that way?  That accent or whatever that he couldn't place.  It wasn't like he'd had a long conversation with her, so, probably.  He had to wonder if that was effecting her ability to be confident as well if she couldn't understand things as well as everyone else -- sure, Towhee managed, but he was quite familiar with not being able to clearly speak a different language and he had the equivalent of training wheels to fall back on.  It wasn't really entirely different when he could rely on the spoken word.

And along with her generally meek attitude, the fact she was blaming herself... Just oof.  Someone had obviously done a number on this chick -- probably more than just this initial offense -- so he'd try to be kind.  Yeah, okay, saying that it wasn't her fault probably wasn't going to do much, but he'd say it anyway because it was the truth.  The only one at fault was the guy who attacked you both.  It wasn't your fault.

Maybe he could kind of offer some more support though? Uhg.  He should have brought Raven with him.  The pack is family.  And I know you've been mostly here with Phox, Towhee, and Niamh, but if you're ever worried about anything and they're not around, you can come to Raven and I as well.  It's my job to keep everyone safe, so you can talk to me if there are any problems.  Okay?  His ears tipped forward hopefully.  Even if the terrible trio currently hated his guts, there was no reason he should ignore her just because they existed.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Spooky Camilla - February 12, 2019

The offer he gave her - to be there, to lend himself to her aid should she need it - felt like it came out of the blue. They did not have that kind of relationship as far as she was aware, but then again.. Camilla wasn't exactly on top of things. She knew he was the master of the plateau though, and that Phox was his underling, making herself an underling. Still, his sentiments led Camilla's mind to a place of peace and contentment. Even if she didn't understand his reasons for offering, she appreciated that someone of such high standing would be so kind.

The pack is family, he said. She listened further, and found her heart filling with such a strange emotion that she had to look away from him again - at the dirt, the snow, her feet - but eventually glanced at him, shy and withdrawn from the emotion that overcame her, and nodded. Thank you. Camilla might never need his help - she had great faith in Phox - but she was enamored that someone like him would even offer. 

If nothing else was said, she would wait for him to dismiss her and go find Phox; her steps would be light and her heart filled with overwhelming adoration for her new friend.

RE: I'll get used to this eventually. - Quixote - February 18, 2019

Okay, at least they were going to find some common ground, sorta.  The pack was stronger in numbers, obviously, so as long as she knew that if something did happen again, she could call on basically anyone to show up and help, that was what he wanted.  Quixote had no idea how she'd even been convinced to leave or abducted or whatever the hell happened in the first place, but whatever.  There wouldn't be a next time, if he had anything to say about it.

He dipped his head with a friendly smile, And you have a good rest of your day.  I'm just a howl away if you need me.  Hopefully it wouldn't be needed, sure.  But hey, so it went.  Anyway, he'd head back off to whatever it was he should be doing, one mission accomplished.