Wolf RPG
Blackfeather Woods want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blackfeather Woods want my friend, want my heart’s mend (/showthread.php?tid=32469)

want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 25, 2019

edit: updated something out of date lmao OOPS

not for the first time did astara notice the lack of resolve in the pack’s borders. it seemed the pack’s numbers had been dwindling for some time, and now, with her dam gone and kove ailing from his troubled bones, the borders had been left unattended. 

many had gone in the winter months - perhaps they sensed the rot that festered inside their leaders, or caught on to the slow decline that hung their shoulders. astara would not go like so many before her. she would not flee from the only home she had ever known. 

and now it was just a handful of wolves:  kove, her sister, flicker, zafina — scarcely enough wolves to foster a unit, let alone a pack. 

with a resigned sigh the girl set to reinforcing what little markings were left. 

the pack may have met its end, but astara was still living — and she would keep on kicking until the day she closed her indigo eyes forever.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - January 26, 2019

Despite the lack of freshness that encircled the fallen kingdom, there still lied years behind their stories and it was evident in the former markings that lined the edge of the murky forest. They were bloodied yet stale as far as he could tell, bringing a bit of comfort to the man in hoping he would not fall victim like the poor fellows whose bones trailed the territory's invisible border. But that reassurance fled faster than he'd like to admit when the hazy figure emerged from the abyss behind her, her amethyst gaze glowing in comparison to void that enveloped her. 

Suspicious and just a tad bit interested in who it was he'd come across, Sanguinus paused while still a ways off, not yet crossing what would have been the fringe of their domain for he stopped just before it and took to observing the shadow girl as she teetered on the edge of her lost claim. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 26, 2019

a dark figure well out of blackfeather's collapsed kingdom roamed, the bladed red of his backside catching astara's eyes. the nightcub shifted upwards with a growl, her tail flicking assertively over her thin hips.

he was not yet defying blackfeather's faded claim -- and the girl saw no reason to challenge him in the open.

all the same she watched him hawkishly, a mistrustful glaze to her narrowed eyes -- a sliver of her teeth visible by the subtle lift of a blackened lip.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - January 26, 2019

He was not so easily flustered under her assertive posture, for the weary glare of a child did little to unnerve the seasoned champion. Still, he was a benevolent man and did not wish to bring upon any further agitation to the girl than he already had. So where her tail arched over her narrow frame, his swayed nonchalantly at his heels, a low whine erupting from the corner of his lips. 

For good measure he let his figure slink downward only slightly, head hovering above the snow laden floor as his ears slicked back atop his charcoal crown. He hoped in some way or another he could slowly ease the distrust from her gaze, for he did wish to know who else might lie within the somber woods, especially if they were as welcoming as the youth before him.  

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 26, 2019

the nightcub's posture relented but a degree as she watched the man fold in the distance, his slinking form appeasing her scornful pride. she remained unaware of his assessment of her, and it might have been better that way -- for had she known he called her but a child (even if she was!) she would have shown him that children have teeth too --

and hers had witnessed plenty of action.

smugly, the girl continued routing the borders with her presence. where kove's had faded, she supplanted her own scent anew.

all the while, she kept a long ear canted back towards sanguinus, waiting for him to make his move.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - January 27, 2019

He remained steadfast as but an inch of a distrust fled from her stare, nostrils flaring as she turned from him. And like a dutiful shadow he followed, trailing after her as she moved among the dying outskirts to reclaim what might still stand of her fallen kingdom. 

Perhaps it was the uncanny way in which she carried herself or the otherworldly air that seemed to seep in the atmosphere around her that drew him to her, and like a sailor to a siren the man found himself entranced, spellbound gaze bewitched by a mere child. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 27, 2019

as astara expected, the man lingered. with her ears still slyly turned to him, astara continued her ruminations -- up until she heard the crackle of resumed movement, and turned around to see sanguinus trailing her like a red-backed spectre.

her hackles flared immediately -- it was not just his proximity to her home that unsettled the dark cub, but the fact he was following her. she lifted her thin muzzle and her lips curled back in a sulky but silent snarl -- a silent command that said keep your distance.

she was in no mood to entertain visitors; still freshly aggrieved by the fall of her dam, astara was high on alert and in no way shape or form felt charitable towards strangers -- least of all ones that followed her like lost lambs.

Ah, he'd upset her.

His ears swept forward atop his skull when her hackles prickled like needles along her nape, his glossy eye drifting across her bitter form while his feet came to a stop a distance away. A wily tongue slithered between velvet lips to lick his maw while he debated whether to leave her be or continue to tread in dangerous waters - to press further, to test more. 

He rocked his hips till he fell to his haunches, tail curling neatly beside him while he stared dully in her direction, the fascination he once held slowly fading from his glazed sight. And as he waited for her move be it violent or not, he simply observed, nose wiggling as the winter breeze danced between them. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 27, 2019

astara's noiseless snarl was heeded -- rather promptly, the cardinal doused wolf reclined to a sitting position. astara's gaze lingered a moment longer on him, watching rakishly as he licked his lips and his nose quivered.

she flicked her tail as if saying damn skippy, stay back, and then she boldly turned her back to him, continuing down the border's length. there was little she could contribute, and in truth, she was looking for a distraction more than anything.

finding among the rubble and boulders an old wolf's bone, no doubt a remnant from when the borders were once decked with gristly ornaments, astara slunk down to the ground and started to chew it with anger in every bite. as she did so, she set her resentful gaze on sanguinus, wondering if he would dare test her patience further.

The rugged man was taken aback at the girl's nerve when she gave the silent command with but a flick of her tail, even more so when she felt daring enough to lounge so boldly in his line of sight. Were youngsters normally so gutsy these days? He couldn't remember and wouldn't be bothered enough to wonder too strongly anytime soon.

So for now he simply lingered, gaze never straying from her rawboned figure as she descended hell upon the timeworn bone. And as she gnawed the seasoned man asked himself what would come next after she grew tired of this little game and what he'd get in turn from this odd sort of encounter. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - January 28, 2019

PP is okay <3

between bitter crunches of her teeth, the nightcub watched the stationary man, her gaze never flinching.

strangers did not often court blackfeather's grim borders, and the shrewd raptor believed if this man was here, he was here to cause trouble. with each snap of her jaws, a new wash of anger and grief overcame her -- without relmyna as her captain, the girl was rudderless and consumed by helpless grief.

grief which had formed into something else far more palpable: rage.

sanguinus had lurked along the borders long enough, and the girl, resentful and full of unbridled sorrow-wrath, slowly rose from her position. the bone clattered off of her narrow limbs, its pieces splintered and destroyed.

she moved towards him, muzzle low and posture predatory.

and her walk turned into a trot, and that loose, swinging trot turned into a powerful gallop -- and then black wretch of blackfeather, freshly de-mothered, threw herself upon sanguinus with all of the murderous intent of a harpy -- blind, furious, and wailing the high keen of the newly aggrieved.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - January 30, 2019

Rolled here, let me know if you'd like anything changed!

Her fury brewed deep in her loathsome aubergine gaze and the crimson dusted man felt his heart lurch painfully in his chest as she rose like a hell-hound straight from the depths of the infernal void itself. He would have found himself struck by her fangs sooner had it not been for the fact that she did not sprint from the get go, and the brief moments when her pace had been but a simple trot had given the seasoned man enough time to gain his footing and backpedal a few paces away. 

But he wasn't quick enough.

She was young with both agility and speed on her side and between the time it took him to inhale and exhale she'd already sunk her teeth into the muscle that lied between his shoulder blade and neck. A serpentine hiss slithered from his lips as he spun to snap at her slender muzzle, jaws clicking together as he was met with nothing but the now metallic tang of air. All the while a growl, low and threatening, echoed in the pit of his chest and while did not wish to harm her for she was still but a child, should her fevered torment continue, Sanguinus would seek to show her that he was not so tolerant when it came to violent children trying to bite him.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Averna - February 02, 2019

The pale youth had not fought before running into the silver boy. Not if you did not count the countless play fights, often engaged upon by her more rabunctious counterpart, anyway. While the spirit was tending to one of the altars in the dark forest, she sensed that something was wrong. She could not explain what it was that urged her to the borders, a slight limp in her gait from her fight with the silver boy still. The wound had been mended by the caretaker, but it seemed that it was a tenacious pain to truly get rid of. Yet instead of wallowing she savoured the pain, allowing it to fill her with a feeling of being alive and an adrenaline that left her ready for a fight.

A fight was what was waiting, it would appear. She heard sounds of the scuffle from afar and with her tail in the air and large ears perked up alertly she approached, a warning growl rumbling in her throat to indicate that she was ready to back up her other half.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - February 02, 2019

rolling is more than ok! i didn't roll bc astara didn't attack this round but feel free to pin or thwack her if you want <3

few things in the world felt better than sinking your teeth into something - be it friend or foe -- but as astara felt a sting of blood rash her tongue, the tincture brought her no joy.

as she slid by, the argent male before her issued rebuke in a snap that just narrowly missed her. still stung from her own grief, astara spun -- her tail lashing like a cat's as she returned his growl with a dull stare.

he had done nothing to earn such pugnacious treatment, but astara was blinded by grief, and having always been a slightly bullheaded child, felt no guilt for inflicting pain on this outsider. her ear momentarily cast back as a growl reached her ears -- turning, she saw the pale figure of her other half emerge from the wildwood.

thus encouraged, astara's tail slid upwards -- but this time, she waited for him to make the first move.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - February 03, 2019

He had been expecting some kind of rebuke to his snarl, ears prickled and tail glued stiff in a position that challenged the sable child's own hostility. When no counter came his face, which was twisted and contorted into an ugly snarl, smoothed to his normal neutral appearance just moments before turning to face the eerie youth's low threat. 

A shudder swept down his spine at the thought of the yin yang pair surrounding him and in an effort to leave as little planning to their surely devious minds, he sprung into action before he could even register what he was doing. His paws moved on their own and in the matter of a heartbeat he was lunging for the amethyst eyed girl, the full force of his weight thrown directly into her and unsurprisingly, knocking her down. His jaws immediately sought to hover ominously over the back of her neck before she recovered, fangs grazing at her jugular if she moved but an inch while his single functioning eye zeroed in on the bleached adolescent - a throaty rumble serving as a warning to both.

Submit.  

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Averna - February 05, 2019

Before she could reach her dark counterpart the larger wolf was upon her sibling. Tail remained flagged upward, hackles pricked and every bit of her body ready to move. She stopped in her tracks as the other wolf hovered over Squeaky. What you want? Forest belongs to us, she informed him, in case he thought that just because he could pin her, he could take this. She thought back to her encounter with the silver youth and the crushing weight of his teeth. For a moment she contemplated attacking this one despite his threats, for if he was like the silver one, he would do it anyway. And bodies were just tools. Inconvenient to be broken, but these woods were the best place to be broken so that one's spirit could linger where many, many others did too.

But she withstood the tempting and remained level-headed for now, staring him down as she willed him to leave.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - February 06, 2019

astara’s confidence alongside her sister was swiftly undermined. in a matter of seconds the red-saddled brute had closed the distance, easily overcoming the girl and forcing her to the ground. 

she had little recourse, and as she struggled under his powerful grip, her gaze fell to her sister. a silent rumble of fury sounded from within her throat, but for now the girl was resolutely pinned.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - February 09, 2019

Rough, choppy words caused his ears to swivel atop an ashen crown, her question causing him to pull ever so slightly away from the inky youth's neck as his mouth parted to answer. "I do not want your forest" he gruffly began, his single functioning eye flickering downwards to stare at the pinned form of the child beneath him. 

Her squirms and verbal protests went largely ignored, for his attention had now latched back upon the paler and hopefully more civilized girl of the pair. "And I do not wish to harm you" he let out, truth woven in every word of the sentence. Shedding the blood of a child was not something he would stomach easily but, should they leave him no choice...well he only hoped it would not come to that. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Averna - February 12, 2019

The only answers the scarred large wolf gave were of things he didn't want, not an answer to her question. She did not care about the things he did not want, she only cared to wager for the life of the dark one. A hiss escaped from between her teeth as she retorted: Not want this, not want that -- but what do you want? Let Shadow go, White Eye, leave us with forest if you not want. Her voice was rough from the disuse; she used it only rarely between her family, as she knew that the dark one did not listen to outside voices that much anyway, and inside voices were much more important than outside voices, anyway.

Meanwhile the dark one's life was still in the weighing scale and the pale youth tensely stared at White Eye, waiting for him to back off, end her life or choose what he wanted in return for sparing the dark one.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - February 17, 2019

astara eventually stilled, though it was not because she had given up. her attention was drawn upwards to the dark male that had her firmly pinned, and she studied him with a snakelike coldness, looking for some weakness in his grip.

her sister, distracting him with words, worked to barter for astara's release -- but astara, seeing his attention was momentarily distracted, lunged upwards in the hopes of sneaking a flying bite to his limb, and then, if her move proved in anyway successful, hoped to slip out from beneath his grasp like an oiled worm and hopefully dash to safety.

she was not one to idly accept being held, and if she did not manage to escape, would simply glumly slump back to the earth and plot a new way to get out from under him.

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Sanguinus - February 20, 2019

It seemed the worst of his nightmares would not come true on this day, for the wiry child trapped beneath him pierced his flesh once more and slid to safety before he felt pressured to cause her any harm. Any actions or words that followed after were lost to him, the pain in his shoulder and leg taking up the majority of his attention. He did not know why they were so hellbent on staking a claim on their fallen kingdom - he could only assume it was pointless attachment to the woods itself but, taking in their appearances, he felt it was only a matter of time before they joined the bones lining the forest floor should they remain here.

But no matter, it was incredibly clear that he was unwanted and Sanguinus did not wish to receive any further injuries from either one of them. So in a routinely manner he dipped his maw to the both of them, a display shown to all whether they be friend or foe, before turning on his heels and leaving the place. He was not so naive to think they might not follow and in an effort to prevent them from launching an attack, he glanced back ever few paces until they were no longer within sight. 

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Averna - February 22, 2019

Everything happened fast. The dark one snapped up and managed to get free from the wolf's grasp. The spirit was ready to strike should it be needed, but he seemed to realise that he was on the wrong turf and gave up as soon as the dark one had gotten away. A growl bubbled in the pale youth's throat and she watched after him, tail twitching, for a while until she was sure he was gone, when she resumed her duties at the altar.

my last!

RE: want my friend, want my heart’s mend - Astara - February 23, 2019

thank you for the thread! <3

indeed, it all happened so fast - astara managed to escape, springing for her sister -- and the stranger, realizing perhaps two vs one was a desperate man's game, found his amusement elsewhere. the girl was in no condition to chase after him, but with her sister besides her, watched his receding form with cold superiority in her gaze.

never you mind that if averna had not appeared, astara surely would have met her end if sanguinus was so inclined.

she followed her sister mutely back to the alter once they were sure sanguinus had departed -- and then, while her sister took to tending the altar's stony face, astara slunk to her usual spot nearby and took a fretful, sorrowed-with-vivid-dreams nap.