Wolf RPG
Deepwood Weald Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Deepwood Weald Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war (/showthread.php?tid=33055)

Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - March 03, 2019

There was no denying it. Or maybe there was and she was just convinced that she was indeed what she thought she was. She was feeling dizzy and peed and ate a lot more than usual. She'd even thrown up in the bushes somewhere when she was out catching dinner for her and Tulugak. She didn't know what it was like to be pregnant so she was either getting very ill or tiny puppies were growing inside her belly.

With a happy trot did she search around for Damien, careful not to trip or move her head too much. She wasn't feeling well and that was great news!

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - March 06, 2019

Without a propper way to confirm that his mate had been succesfully impregnated, Damien simply stuck to the initial plan. Even long after her heat faded away he kept close to her, guarding her ass and fending off pretty much everyone except Tulugak away from her, fucking her as often as he could to increase their chances of conceiving. It was a foolproof plan, and Damien was confident in his virility and (secretly) proven fertility enough to grow careless as the days passed and his mind got more focused on pack matters that required his attention.

Nyx found him while performing one of said tasks, surprising him in the middle of a gut-spilling session at the borders after having slayed a cocky (and quite stupid) coyote that attempted to raid one of their caches. Blood dripped from his chin as the night king turned to confirm that his nose had caught the scent of his lover, and as she approached him Damien tossed the severed, half eaten skull of his little friend aside to greet her with a loving nuzzle -but... why do you smell like puke? he asked, wrinkling his nose in disgust. Are you alright, Nyx? he asked again stepping back and furrowing his brow with a squint. She was definitely not looking so hot, and Damien wondered if their caches were possibly already going stale. Maybe it was time to organize a hunt.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - March 07, 2019

Nyx wasn't ashamed of her puke smell - if anything, she was happy with it - for now. She knew that in a few months it might not even be her own puke she was covered in, but how many mouths would do it? She was way too excited for everything and that made her feel sicker than she was.

She found Damien at the border and looked in aww at his kill. She was glad they decided to litter the borders with guts and skulls again - it would keep trespassers far away and her sweet babies inside. She almost floated towards him with her partly speckled tail wagging high in the air. I am not feeling well - isn't that just the greatest news? She asked with a grin. Though she didn't have a bump quite yet, she imagined her tummy already extending and full of pups. Could he see it? She was totally pregnant.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - March 11, 2019

He was clueless, and Nyx, apparently, bonkers. He watched her jiggle all the way to him with an ear to ear smile and waving tail, claiming that she wasn't feeling right. His brow furrowed and his eyes squinted, something was definitely terribly wrong with her. Oh, Sithis, he exclaimed, You've gone mental! it was absolutely undeniable. Now they would have to sacrifice and bury her, and everything would go to waste.

Unless...

Wait a second... he paused, and suddenly his whole face lit up with hope, Could it be that you're... he couldn't say it. Could he? Are you pregnant? he almost couldn't believe it! His heart skipped several beats and his eyes saw nothing but her. She was pregnant! Now he remembered Potema bitching about how gross it was to be pregnant, and how much she had barfed! It was wonderful! Before she could even respond he had jumped to her side I'm so glad you're sick!! there, now they could be mental together.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - March 16, 2019

She stopped dead in her tracks, tipping her head to the left then shaking it determinedly. She wasn't mental, she was pregante. Very preggos. Full of puppos - his puppos. She waited for a bit, hoping that perhaps he would catch on still and just when she was about to open her mouth-

She almost tumbled right then and there at his reaction and she grinned again, hopping two times before she felt the sickness in her tummy well up again. Oh dear. She let out with a huff, keeping in her waste for now because she didn't want to embarrass herself in front of her lover. She paused, then looked at him. Have you thought about names yet? She asked curiously.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - March 27, 2019

They jumped together for a moment and things seemed too bright and joyful, but the sickness came around again and Damien saw it in his lover's eyes. Preoccupied he stopped bouncing and offered Nyx support in case she was feeling dizzy. He gave her time to settle down and regain her composure and sat next to her to offer his company. He guessed it would be like this for some time now that her pregnancy was evident, but he didn't mind going through it with her as long as his sons and daughters were born healthy.

Her question came unexpectedly, and it truly caught Damien with his pants down. Names? he mustered almost anxiously. He hadn't really thought of names at all, but one thing was clear: They would all have Daedric Names for sure. And yet, the first thing that came to mind was entirely different. he furrowed his brow, thinking aloud Have you noticed that all my relatives' names start with M?? it was odd how he hadn't realized until that moment. Midar, Megara, Miraak, Moira... Meldresi. I think it's some kind of tradition which also made him wonder why his mother hadn't done it with him and his siblings.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - April 06, 2019

She truly had found a keeper in Damien, hadn't she? Sure, he could wander, but he always returned to her. He was like Spring really, always coming back around when it seemed that Winter would be endless. Her stomach settled and she swallowed. No matter how sick she would get, she could never hate having the luxury of bearing their children. All of it was more than worth it.

That is a rather odd detail, yes. She answered after a moment of silent thinking. Even Damien's middle name started with an M. I do not think I want their first names to all start with an M... Maybe their middle names, just like yours? She proposed. They would be half Apaata, half her, so they could change up the traditions a small bit. She found having all their first names start with an M rather repetitive. Besides, they would run out of names eventually. She looked at Damien then, wondering what he thought about it.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - April 08, 2019

Nyx made a rather important point about the Melonii tradition, truly a bland pattern if you thought about it. Moira, Megara, Meldresi, Midar, Miraak. All those good names seemed to blurr together when spoken in line like that, and he didn't want his children to be that dull. Indeed, he simply said, not feeling the need to say much more for his lover to know he agreed completely. However, tradition was important for Damien, and it was imperative that his children would have Daedric names like himself and his siblings. Meridia, Molag Bal, Mehrunes, Mephala... There were quite a few princes' names they could use for this purpose. They will have Daedric middle names. That is out of question. he announced, leaving little space for Nyx to argue.

That's when it struck him. He remembered Potema talking about how her first litter had been named after grand warlocks and witches that she'd learned of in her time at Hag Fen, and Damien himself had had a similar experience. He hadn't really told Nyx about Hartgrief Hollow, but he hardly believed she needed to. All he cared about that place was the knowledge he'd acquired, and that knowledge was perfect for this occasion.

Maybe we could name them after the great Dark Lords... he said as though Nyx would just understand him.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - April 16, 2019

She stayed silent, glad that he agreed with her. Sure, they were going to be Meloniis - but also Apaatas. Though she rather have them not be of her blood, perhaps it would be good for their new generation to be a bit different. She wondered how they would look, if her father's white would show up or perhaps her speckles. She was too excited to meet them and was certain Damien was too.

Like? She questioned in a curious tone, happy to hear his suggestions.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - April 21, 2019

Dark lords of old, who had conquered everything there was and lived for thousands of years. Nothing of a lesser nature would have enough merit to be worthy of naming his children.

He wondered what they would be like, what they would look like and what their ambitions would grow to pave their paths in life. He sure hoped that his own children would grow to prove that their generation wasn't a waste of effort and resources like Potema's children themselves had been.

Oh, there are so many good ones, he said, starting to get excited about it. Lets see... There is Revan, Tenebrous, Venamis, Plagueis and... Bane. He wondered whether his own biological father had been named after the dark lord Bane or whether it was just a coincidence... But he shrugged it off to focus again on his future rather than his unfortunate past. There are some very famous dark ladies as well, he thought out loud, in case he was blessed with a diverse litter. There was Zannah, Traya, Maladi and Lumiya among many others. They were all very powerful. and fitting for their children.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - May 15, 2019

Her ears perked up. I like Zannah. She said, almost not thinking about what she was saying. That was the best kind of decision, wasn't it? Not even having to think about it. Zannah sounded powerful yet feminine. She hoped she would bear some girls too, now that they had so many great names. What about you? She wasn't about to pick all of them, she wasn't selfish like that. Though she would carry and birth them, without Damien it wouldn't have been possible.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - May 15, 2019

Damien almost smiled when his lady expressed her interest in the name Zannah. It was only fitting that one of his daughters would be named after such a powerful dark mistress, and he agreed that it would sound almost poetic. Zannah. We can only have a fierce one to bear such a powerful name, said Damien before licking his lover's cheek. He had some ideas too about what he wanted his sons to be named, but the idea of having daughters suddenly seemed very interesting. do you think we'll have more daughters or sons?, he pondered aloud. Lumiya has a nice ring to it, and her namesake was akin to a daedric demiprince, nearly invincible, blessed with so much power. Only the daughters of his lineage could ever make justice to such prominent names.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - May 23, 2019

She smiled too - not the kind she would fake to be polite, but the kind she truly meant. She had waited for this time for so very long, to finally discuss their children's names made it all the more real. Who knows how many children she would be able to bear for her lover, how many Melonii's would be running around the world and take the legacy elsewhere?

Mhm,- She nodded in agreement. But those are all girl names. What was the one with the R again? Revan? That one sounded nice. Perhaps they would have some kind of tradition after all; all the names they had picked to far had an A in them.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - May 27, 2019

Yes, maybe the idea of having all girls was starting to grow on Damien, but he couldn't deny that he had always wanted a son, or many. He wanted a male to pass on his knowledge, to make in his image and groom for when he no longer could lead the Melonii into the future.

Yes, The prodigal knight. Mused Damien with a sinuous smile. Wouldn't it be thrilling to see the rebirth of a legend? Do you like it? I think it's perfect. he said. Yes, only names with such power would make it for him, for his children would be legends themselves.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - June 09, 2019

She smiled. I love it. She loved all the names he had summed up, but those three were definitely on a different level. Then again, she expected a full litter. She was a Consort, a perfect creature for bearing her lover's children, so she couldn't have just two or three. What is another one you like? She asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Damien - June 14, 2019

Were they possibly going to be like this forever? Throughout his life Damien had seldom agreed on anything with anyone, but with Nyx it seemed thy had a single mind. He couldn't say he understood it, but he surely liked it.

So far the names chosen had belonged to prominent warlords. The fourth would be no time to stop. And while Damien could only recall so many names from the stories he'd learned in Heartgrief Hollow, he was sure which ones he liked most. Venamis, he said surely. The sound of it brought mild chills to his nape, and the mental image that he had of the dark lord didn't help making it any brighter. It is said he still lives within the further planes. He became a god. and not for small achievements.

I can do this all day, you know? he thought out loud. Surely they would keep coming up with brilliant names if they kept going, but would they have enough children in their first litter to cover it?

RE: Holdfast but I am the reason we lose the war - Nocturnal - June 18, 2019

She was certain they were gonna be like this until they died. They had been together since her birth, bounded now by the promise of a legacy and the children she was bearing. If they ever did decide to part ways, she had many great memories to look back upon, but she wasn't planning on leaving him. They were a family now, leaders of wolves they trusted.

I am just not sure if I will be spawning so many. She chuckled. She'd never seen a litter larger than four puppies, but who knew, perhaps it was possible to have more. If not, there would always be next year.