Wolf RPG
Stone Circle City Ruins - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Stone Circle City Ruins (/showthread.php?tid=35046)

City Ruins - Ira - June 10, 2019

@Valette short starter but I have like 10 things for val hoooooo
Many things had happened that concerned the Matriarch's attention. At first, she did not want to confront the mother figure since she had been near childbirth and after paws full with her duty to her newborn siblings. However, now the matters were much more pressing.

Ira would wait at the stones and howl hoping Valette had the time to leave her den and kids. Some sort of plan needed to be put into effect, hopefully, her lighter news would ease the mother into the conversation.

RE: City Ruins - RIP Valette - June 10, 2019

Valette trotted to the circle when she was called. She could leave the children more often. She trusted her members and they were safe in Easthollow. The female had confidence in her babysitters as well. She reached the stone circle she saw Ira. She had not seen much of the female and she blamed her recent motherhood.

"Ira, good to see you," she smiled. "How have you been?" She had seen Ira when she watched the pups but then they didn't really get a chance to talk. She sat down with a kind smile. Glad that they had a moment to just talk without excitable and hyper curious wolf pups running around.

RE: City Ruins - Ira - June 10, 2019

With the usual bow of her head as Valette approached, Ira offered a small smile to the Matriarch's approach, but it would not last. I fair well. Although, I several issues that must be addressed, some more vital than others. She had no need to ask how Valette had been, she saw her often enough to know and ask when she took over pup sitting.

Ira was well aware that Valette knew she preferred moving straight to the point, and with limited time she would do just that. I shall start with lighter news. I spoke with a scout from the Hollow as of late, and she had a pleasant idea to plan for an activity between the packs. A pup play day of sorts at the end of the summer-- She waited to gauge the female's reaction, knowing full well how the mother could be protective of her pups. This was an ally pack though, and she doubted any harm would come their way. It would also give all the chance to mingle and learn more about each other. It seems few wolves have a real connection to our allies.

Valette dipped her head, glad to hear that everything was good in the female's life. She smiled at Ira, however, it tightened a bit when she spoke about issues that needed to be addressed. Valette's ears picked up when she heard about the hollow. The female dipped her head at the idea. "I like that idea a lot," she agreed to the female. She could see them meet in the fields between their territories. But only when the bison weren't there.

"I think that is a great idea, I will talk about it with other members and see if I can talk to Rannoch or Liffey about it," she smiled. Then she looked more serious at Ira. She hoped that it wasn't something bad that were the other issues. Was it something that had to do with Greyback. "What are the other issues?," she asked carefully.

For once her problems did not center around her father, in fact, her mind was far from that, as she had spoken with him the previous night. Valette wanted to get straight to the points that mattered, and with good reason. The dangers that lurk beyond our borders grow closer. From the wolf that killed Thistle months ago to a man that appeared recently at our borders. She recalled the sinister look of the man that seeped through what "kind" face he had held up.

Whoever killed Thistle seems to be long gone, but he had pack scents. It's worth noting that a dangerous pack might have moved in near by. On top of that... Her mind raced to recall the faces of the wolves that had joined Easthollow lately. The pregnant wolf you invited. The father insisted on making his message clear. The roan wolf paused letting all the information sink in. Surely there was a lot to consider here, and even she did not have a straightforward answer about how to deal with their rising problems.

Valette grew more worried as Ira started to speak. The female mentioned dark forces. Thistle had been murdered and Evergreen was not the same. How could he? He had to live without his sister. Valette felt for him. "We will keep an eye out. I will let the wolves know that do patrols to stay extra vigilant. That includes you as well, Ira. We will need your skills," she spoke seriously. She nodded and worried about the safety of her children. She would keep them away from the border as much as possible. Not even her newborns. Perhaps it was best if good-hearted Arlette also stayed in the heart of their territory.

Valette's frown deepened. "Laurel? What?," she sounded confused. She knew that they hadn't mentioned a male with their party, a father. But could it be that Laurel's children were not made from love but came from other bad intentions? This was not mentioned by Indra or Laurel. She would have to investigate this and question the ladies if they knew if anyone was a threat to them. "Thank you for telling me. I will investigate this."

"That includes you as well, Ira. We will need your skills,"

The line she feared hearing the most. She knew her brawn was likely unrivaled amongst the Easthollow wolves, and she would gladly give her life for them, but it would not be so easy soon. If that is her name then yes. The man played off as friendly, but he was cold at heart. He wanted her to know that he would be back to claim what was his. Her fur rose with spite as she thought back to the intruder. True, he had not passed the borders, but he was not welcome here.

I informed him he would be attacked on sight if he returns. Although I fear I have one last bit of news to share...not so much as bad news but... Her ears fell back as she struggled once more to bring up the topic as she had with her father. The last thing she wanted was for Valette to take it the wrong way.

Valette disliked hearing this story. She had been kind to Laurel, Indra, and Marten to allow them in Easthollow but she wished that they had been honest with her, that there was a threat lurking past their borders. Valette sighed softly. Still, she liked to give them the benefit of the doubt that they weren't aware. Best to talk about this with Indra and not heavily pregnant Laurel. "Thank you for letting me know. What did he look like? So I can inform the others?"

The Matriarch felt her heart beat faster as Ira had one last thing to say. She watched Ira's ears fall back and she just knew. She had seen so many wolves leaving. This had to be it. "You're leaving?," she guessed. Valette's face had fallen, looking sad. Ira was not the type to make a mistake and look so guilty about it. She would own up to it, hence why it had to be something like this. Valette's worry settled deep in her stomach. No more warrior Ira in these dark times. Valette disliked it. She hoped that she was wrong but she had seen her daughters and own sister with these same looks.

Ira would happily give the details of the stranger. If she couldn't be at the borders to protect Easthollow, then all that remained behind should be aware of what to expect. The one who came was black with golden eyes. Low raspy voice and more on the small side. I'm sure you'll be able to tell by his grin and his words.

Ira wasn't sure if she would classify Valette's guess lucky or not. At least now she didn't have to say it first. The warrior gave a sad dip of her head in acknowledgment. Evergreen has departing Easthollow and in his time away has become a rock for several who seek guidance. He has started a pack West of the mountains up stream of the river that divides the land. With time she would know the names of the areas that surrounded her new home, but for now it was the best description she could give. He visited recently and...asked if I would stand at his side as part of their leadership. Despite her previous positions, Ira never once saw herself actually leading a pack. It would all be very new, but she trusted the bear. They could make their home the place of new beginnings.

After thinking about his offer and visiting, I have decided to accept. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, we both love Easthollow and I would still gladly give my life need be. You are my family. Saying those words out loud had made it all harder. She was just starting to feel at peace with the ones she was connected to by blood, and now she was departing. But when were goodbyes ever easy?

She held Valette's gaze as long as she would meet hers, her eyes showing she only spoke the truth as she straightened herself before continuing. As the leaders of Kaistleoki we would like to formally ask you as the Matriarch of Easthollow for an alliance. Shall you ever be in need, we will heed your call. The roan wolf waiting to gauge Valette's reaction. It was a lot to take in and sudden for sure. And if you deny...I hope that I might still be welcome to visit. I'd like to keep Easthollow close.

RE: City Ruins - RIP Valette - June 11, 2019

Valette would tell every adult about this thread and that they should be alert if this individual would come to their borders. Valette was not keen on another pupnapping or anything like that. Their pack had never done anything to hurt others. Valette listened as Ira began to explain as to why she was leaving. Valette had been right then. Ira was leaving. She tipped her head a bit when hearing Evergreen. Valette disliked that the brown bear had not come to say goodbye to her. She had offered him and his sister a home. Even though, the female didn't live long after that was not her fault.

Valette stayed quiet as Ira talked. On his travels, he had helped a couple of wolves and thus came the idea of starting a pack. Valette knew that Ira would do well as a leader of a pack. Valette had always liked the idea of Evergreen and Ira together. She respected Ira especially as she came to explain why she was leaving. Her decision was made even though they were her family. Valette slowly nodded, she understood. With her own pack, Ira could grow further perhaps start her own family as with Easthollow that would be more difficult.

Then came the proposal of this Kaistleoki to become allianced to them. Valette knew that alliances would always come in handy especially now they were under a thread. Ira could still come and help them. "I wish Evergreen had told me in person. I have always been kind to him, offered him a home. I find it disrespectful that he just left without a word," she admitted, letting her opinion ring clear. "Though, you Ira, will always be a family member of Easthollow. And of course, you are always be welcomed on our borders. I'm sad to see you leave our family. I will miss you greatly. I understand your decision and I respect you for coming to me," she stated calmly.

"I will accept the alliance based on my good relationship with you and I hope that you two manage to lead a pack. I will want to see Evergreen after the pack is settled. We can talk about terms and how he sees our alliance. Can you give that message to him?," she asked. Plus he would have to get back into Valette's good graces with his rude goodbye. "Don't be a stranger. I'd love it if you visit us often."

RE: City Ruins - Ira - June 11, 2019

We can wrap up here if ya want :eyes:
It hurt to leave, she knew it would be hard to, hence why it took her so long to finally accept her position beside the bear. Truthfully she wished Evergreen had been here to announce his departure as well, but she understood why he shied away from the borders. He would have time for the pack to settle and journey here to say his own words to the Matriarch. Of course, I am aware he has regrets. I'm sure amends can be made and terms worked out once we have made our borders known.

The warrior pushed to her paws and closed the distance, bumping her head to her Matriarch's shoulder one last time before. I'll make sure to check in often. It will be easier with an alliance as I can excuse the visits with pack matters too. Thank you for everything Valette.

RE: City Ruins - RIP Valette - June 12, 2019

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4859967]

Valette dipped her head. She would like to speak to Evergreen once they were established then. Then they could leave about his abrupt departure instead of only having Ira saying goodbye to them. She got a friendly bump from Ira. Valette smiled softly but it was clear that the woman was still sad to see her go. Even though they were close to the same age, Ira kind of felt like her own daughter, or perhaps maybe more sister like. Yeah. She would miss her, a lot.

"You better or I will come to your border to kick your ass for not seeing me too often," Valette stated. It was a light-hearted warning because if it would come to a fight Ira would probably kick her ass easily. 'Your family will always be here," she spoke softly before stepping back and letting Ira go, reluctantly.

- end -