Wolf RPG
Arrow Lake Who I intend to be - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Arrow Lake Who I intend to be (/showthread.php?tid=35528)

Who I intend to be - Kazimir - July 04, 2019

@Stigmata and @Mahler for reference

No matter how hard she tried to show off it seemed she either made herself look bad or failed completely. Someone else had taken Aurewens place and she felt seriously overlooked, the sting turning into a fierce burn the more she thought it over. Her leg had healed over and while tender sometimes it wouldn't burst and she could know move fairly quickly and nimbly without much stumbling. She didn't care that she would be at a disadvantage because she didn't really expect to win. She just wanted to grab the attention of Stigmata and Mahler and show them that she was worth the position or at least their consideration. She approached the center of the territory and howled for @Ingram her challenge clear and firm in the air. She stood tall her shoulder and chest muscles bigger and broader, her remaining foreleg rippling with tension as she braced herself for the male to show.

RE: Who I intend to be - Ingram Sr - July 05, 2019

there was no mistaking the challenge that rung clear in that crisp howl, which floated cleanly over the humid haze of a heavy summer day. ingram paused from his play with @Praimfaya, a frown etched upon his features.

go along to your mother, he had told his little daughter, pride welling in his eyes as he watched her go. it faded to something far more troubled once he turned away.

the time in which it took to arrive alongside kazimir's side did little to assay ingram's confusion; if anything, he appeared even more vexed as he stepped up to the woman and saw the harsh glint of challenge in her gaze.

he did not want strife, or discord among their ranks. there was nothing important about the rank pionier to ingram: what was important was family, unity, trust. for that reason he cared little for the rank challenges that made diaspora's culture, if only because to ingram, there was nothing more noble than serving family, and fighting within the family held little value to him.

so he met kazimir's burning gaze, the confusion melting away to something far softer: affection. trust.

why would he fight her, over something as little as a perceived rank?

he did not want to fight her. it had nothing to do with her sex, condition, or person -- it had to do with the fact that ingram could think of nothing less noble than striking a friend.

"it is yours." ingram looked away submissively, his ears back and tail held limp. let those with fire in their hearts take what they believed was theirs: let the kazimirs of the world rise to the top.. for the ingrams of the world would come following dutifully behind, serving but never taking.

RE: Who I intend to be - Kazimir - July 06, 2019

She hadn't expected the man to give it to her but she could read the posture as soon as their gaze met. Her own posture softened and she sighed softly as he said she could have it. "I didn't do this to have any harsh feelings" she said gently and it sank in that she had accomplished what she had wanted for so long, a spot next to Stigmata and Mahler. Now that she was there and she hadn't done anything to prove she wanted it, she wasn't sure what to do. Her tail fell to hang relaxed behind her legs and she lowered her head, giving a quick respectful dip toward him "Thank you this means everything to me" she wouldn't explain why, only Mahler and Stigmata knew of the self disgust that battled with her fierce drive to rise to the top. At that she stood and with a nod she began to head away, thanking him again for letting her win without any problems and turned to find at least one of her leaders.

RE: Who I intend to be - Ingram Sr - July 07, 2019

no hard feelings, kazimir implied. ingram gave her a short smile, for he would not take her wish to ascend personally. if she wanted to be closer up the ladder to the leaders, he would not stop her -- nor would he resent her for using him as a stepping stool. in a roundabout way, her ascension was good for him too -- for she was part of his pack, and the strength of the pack boiled down always to the bonds of those within it.

"good luck!" ingram called after kazimir as she moved off. he meant it, too -- maybe now that kazimir was pionier, the rest of diaspora would see everything she had done for them.. everything, every limb she had put on the line in the name of ensuring diaspora's survival.