Wolf RPG
Witch's Marsh i'm living the single (single) life - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Witch's Marsh i'm living the single (single) life (/showthread.php?tid=37412)

i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 06, 2019

Grayday is dead and Morningside died with him.
But my children, they're okay.

The mud of the marsh was thick and covered Bhediya up to her shoulders. Drowning was inevitable, lest she resign to travelling along the outskirts. It would take longer to find Ibi's scent, but that was okay. If they were meant to reunite, Bhe was sure that they would. 

It had been a few nights since their initial encounter. As time spent searching continued to pass, she began to worry that the sibling pair might have left. The thought of them relocating wasn't unreasonable, and she wouldn't have had any way to tell if they had. Bhediya craned her head upward and released a few short calls, hoping that Ibis might recognize her voice.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 06, 2019

A series of calls caught in her ears, and she paused where she stood. Ibis had been unusually fixated on her hunt when the voice carried to her, and yet when she recognized it as the woman returning, she put aside her hunger and began to seek them out. It took some time to find a dry route; but Ibis had adapted pretty well to the marshlands, and not all of it was wet or cold.

It appeared that Bhediya's return would creep her ever closer to the boggiest section of the territory too. When she emerges from a thick section of gorse she spies the dark shape of the woman, and calls out with a little musical note - it's been ages since Ibis has felt like singing, but she's happy to see her new friend.

Welcome back! She calls as she closes the distance, ignoring the gross feeling of the cold mud as it squishes between her toes; by the time she's near enough not to shout, her pale limbs are murky and brown.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 06, 2019

The marsh almost swallowed me whole! Bhediya joked as Ibis approached, I had to keep my promise, though. It was only the two of them; Okeanos still hadn't revealed himself. Bhe wondered if he'd just been a figment of the girl's imagination, there to keep her company.

Were it not for winter's saving grace, the ascetic wondered if the two of them might be wholly consumed by mosquitoes. Has anything happened since I left? It definitely didn't look like it, but one couldn't always depend on sight. Are you still okay?

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 06, 2019

Tagging for reference! Join in if you'd like to, Mad!

Ibis liked the sound of the woman's laughter. It filled the space between the trees; her mind went back to Elysium again, imagining her family enjoying the willows and filling their grove with their own laughter. Maybe one day the marsh would be like that. Ibis' tail was waving to and fro, flicking some of the muddy water behind her. Actually, I met someone new! A boy named @Awol came through, and he's decided to stay for a bit. Its been nice.

Are you still okay? — there it was, that mothering instinct, making Ibis' heart want to burst. I am! I've been trying to hunt in the marsh -- its gotten hard, but I've been tracking ducks and herons, and sometimes at night I think I can hear frogs... Which, when winter fully descended, would retreat for the season. It was probably a safer bet to leave the marsh entirely when that happened.

How are you? She reversed the conversation swiftly, full of wonder. Did you find what you were looking for..?

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Alheis - November 07, 2019

<3

Awol had been trying to follow Ibis' small tutorial on her scouting. While trying to identify the water system and where all the dry paths were, a howl had been sung not to far from his position. He wondered if Ibis was alright, and decided he would see who it was. 

Remembering the gray wolf, Awol put on a face of business, his tail raised as he found his way across the marshland. Soon, Ibis came into view. He was at least relieved at that. He then saw another black female, the two looked like they knew each other. As much as Awol didn't want to interrupt, his curiousity got the better of him.

As he slowly padded towards Ibis' side, he could catch her last words thrown into the conversation.

"How are you? Did you find what you were looking for..?"

As he contemplated her question, he nuzzled her shoulder in greeting. "Sorry to intrude, but who might this be?" he queried. Looking from the black female and Ibis in nervous wait. He hoped it was no one dangerous.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 07, 2019

There was still life within the marsh, even if it hadn't been of the variety most would hope for. A group as small as theirs would have no problem surviving off of stray fowl. I can help track, Bhe offered, but I might not be as good as you. There had been a time when she'd thought to learn the trade, but those lessons were long forgotten.

The next question brought about a weight which sat heavy on Bhediya's heart, escaping only as a breathy sigh. I came close enough. The short explanation was paired with a weak smile that she hoped Ibis would ignore. Whatever image she held of who the ascetic was, it didn't need to be tainted by the truth.

I'm Bhediya, the ascetic replied with a polite dip of her head. Based on Ibis's description, this wasn't Okeanos, but Bhediya was wary of assumptions. An expectant look was shot between the pair, hoping that one of them might clarify.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 07, 2019

With an offer to help sliding easily from her lips Ibis was pleased; her tail fluffed and wagged a bit, although the momentum of her growing good cheer stuttered slightly with what came next. She could not deduce a meaning from the vague manner of Bhediya's reply. The look on the woman"s face appeared to be dismissive and pained. Ibis did not know if it was right to probe for more; but she opted not to, just as Awol slunk up beside them. He was very quiet and Ibis was immediately distracted by his voice.

Bhediya was quick to introduce herself. Ibis shifted to another patch of grass so that they could share space a little better, and quickly said, This is Awol, a budding scout. She smiled as she thought of their meeting, and gave the boy a swift once-over with her eyes. Bhediya was scouting for a bit too, but she might stay with us a while. She explained to him, her smile growing, finally starting to feel a genuine warmth now that there were such lovely people to spend her time with.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Alheis - November 07, 2019

"I'm Bhediya."

What a peculiar name. It was nothing he was used to hearing, his family first names were short and brief, for the family name that tied them all together was the only thing that was of importance. He studied her. She sported a merle coat, and bore a soft green gaze towards him and Ibis. She was quite smaller than Awol, and now realizing, he was the largest of the three. He nodded in return to her polite greeting.

"This is Awol, a budding scout." The Ibis had introduced him and enacted a smile and quick glance with her eyes. Awol couldn't help but smile a bit in return. He still couldn't quite imagine how lucky he was to have such a caring and kind wolf be his friend.

"Bhediya was scouting for a bit too, but she might stay with us a while."

"The more the merrier," he agreed, he wouldn't mind if another wolf stayed with them. As long as she didn't interrupt his scouting lessons with Ibis, he was happy to have two friends around. "That it is, fs you would like to stay with us...Bhediya?" The boy tried not to botch the pronunciation of the woman's name, and he had somehow gotten it right. He still felt a bit embarrassed though.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 08, 2019

How much time did one have to waste? There was never enough. Over halfway through her life and Bhediya still hadn't claimed her first trade. It made her feel insignificant, ashamed, to think about how much of her existence had been wasted. That lamentation could be saved for later, though. 

There was a moment's pause in between Awol's question and Bhediya's reply. I'm going to stay, she finally said with an affirming nod of her head.

Looking to Ibis, she asked, Where's your brother? I was hoping to meet him. Introductions were always the most boring part of the relationship so Bhe was keen on getting them out of the way early.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 08, 2019

They seemed to be getting along, which was nice. No reason to think they wouldn't - except Ibis still worried things would somehow fall apart. They might leave her here alone, as was their prerogative (she would not root them against their will!) but both seemed happy enough for now. She would do whatever she could for them. Ibis was building herself a new family and everyone was welcome.

When Bhediya questioned her about her brother however, she felt her heart flutter and drop in to her stomach. @Okeanos? I... glancing from wolf to wolf, Ibis wished she could call for him and introduce him, but she had yet to find him again. It hurt to think about - having last seen him when the season had just settled in to autumn, near when the quakes began, a worried look took shape upon her face. He hasn't come home yet.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Alheis - November 08, 2019

[size=11.6667px%]He was relived when Bhediya had agreed to stay, the more they increased numbers, the more alive it would seem in the marsh. Not to mention two new allies. Once Bhediya had queired about Ibis' brother, the boy could see the worry painted boldly on Ibis's countenance.

"I'm sure wherever he is, he'll turn up for you, right?" He presented a weak smile and nuzzled her shoulder. 

He stood. "I'm going to finish my patrol and study of the area, I'll see you two later," he nodded to both women and trotted back towards where he had left off. [/size]

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 09, 2019

A bubble of stress began to build as Bhediya saw the effects of her words. Ibis seemed to cower inwardly, leaving her outer shell visibly disturbed. It was Awol who offered comfort first; seeing this, she stood still. Alright, bye now, Bhe said with a nod of her head as she watched him exit.

It was just the two of them then. Had the silence not been so heavy, she might not have felt such a pressure to speak. I don't know where my family is either, Bhediya admitted. Their situations had very little, if anything in common, but the details were inconsequential. I went to find them but they've all disappeared.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 10, 2019

Awol was the first to react, doing his best to comfort Ibis. The girl appreciated the effort and shared with him a thin smile, nodding at his suggestion, but then pausing when he dismissed himself to go completr his work. That boy was sweet, Ibis thought. He seemed to be quite focused on his studies and for a moment Ibis was reminded of how eager she had been to start being useful to the Hollow; her heart swelled at the thought. Soon though Awol had disappeared - leaving the pair of ladies alone together.

Bhediya's comments made Ibis frown lightly, but she tried to focus on the positives. Well now you have a safe place to stay, and you can leave whenever you want to hunt for them. Come and go however you please, okay? And maybe you can tske Awol on a few trips abroad too -- I am sure he would appreciate the experience. Yes, she wanted to be present to give aid to the woman and hooed she understood what Ibis was proposing.

Whenever she felt like roaming or hunting for her family, the marsh would be here as a he base. It would always be here for her as s safe haven. Although it seemed as if Bhediya had been presently defeated for the time being. Maybe in the spring you can try again to find them? It might be easier once the world warms up again. And perhaps by that time the pack will be whole. It doesn't dawn upon Ibis that she has started mentally referring to her ragtag group of new friends as a pack; what a monumental shift.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Bhediya - November 10, 2019

The message seemed to have been lost. Bhediya's brow furrowed as she listened to Ibis's words of comfort. I didn't..., she began, I just wanted you to know that I get it. The Wilds were in complete disarray and everyone seemed to be missing someone. I'm trying to say that I'm here if you ever wanna talk about it. The sentiment was still there, even if her phrasing was subpar. 

Bhediya moved closer to Ibis and brushed their shoulders in a short show of affection. She thought about how they'd only met once prior and gave an inward laugh. It was strange how quickly one could become acquainted when in good company, she thought. I'm gonna go explore a little. The girl was free to join, but Bhe didn't wait to see if she would.

RE: i'm living the single (single) life - Ibis (Ghost) - November 11, 2019

Bhediya didn't take to the suggestions well, and Ibis felt as if she'd overstepped in her instruction. She had caught the empathy in the other woman and deeply appreciated it, but she was also thinking of the future - and even with Bhediya pledging her loyalty to the marshland, Ibis did not want to impede any progress towards the woman's own goals. Maybe if she kept looking for her family she would find a trace? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Ibis couldn't sit back and let this woman, once a mother, let the memory of her family go stale.

But there wasn't anything left to discuss. Maybe it was lost in translation somehow; but Bhediya opted to dismiss herself and Ibis didn't feel it was right for her to stop her there, either. Maybe the woman needed space. More likely, Ibis had come on a little too strong in her enthusiasm - either way, the girl was left alone to pine after her own family, and eventually pranced off to find something to do.