Wolf RPG
Sea Lion Shores and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sea Lion Shores and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat (/showthread.php?tid=39548)

and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 12, 2020

@Huā

Usually when Orochi thought things couldn't get any worse, things indeed got worse. As he traveled along the coastline, he braced himself for anyone or anything that may attack him. He found no viscous beasts on this beach, but he did spot some strange animals. They were were like nothing he'd ever seen; they were large and slimy looking. Most of them basked on rocks or waded in the pools. They were really nasty looking. Orochi kept his distance from them, most of them anyway.

There was one that was far away from the rest of the group. The smell of blood lured him over, and when he was close enough he realized the giant was dead and torn apart. Whoever did this had left the remains for the seagulls.

Orochi galloped forward. If his sudden pursuit didn't spook the scavengers, the Fuck outta here! did. They didn't fly away as he hoped  they would. They stood a few feet away, watching him intently. Orochi glared at each one before shrugging. They were far enough. The boy buried himself into the carcass and began tearing at flesh.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 12, 2020

She'd been hesitant to return to the land. She had enemies here now- Erzulie, Rosalyn. Reyes. Huā did not want to meet them again, and so each step back was taken with some hesitance. Not to mention the castaway girl who had hovered on her mind for the past few days. Even as she left she worried over Nukilik, praying Ying would take proper care of the girl. With her blunter words and tougher style, she wondered if the nuvujak would remember not to push the storm past her limits. 

With all this on her mind, she arrived from the land bridge, aimlessly. She did not know what had drawn her back- perhaps fate. But the squawking of birds and bellowing of lions led her to her next spot. And a voice, loudly swearing in the language of common. As he began to tear into the flesh of a bloodied beast- Did he kill that by himself? She eyes him with curiosity and wonder. Even she and her sister, the huntress, had had trouble taking down a lion together. The boy must be powerful, she thinks. And he's her reflection in the colors of fire- while her sandy tones leaned towards greys, his approached orange. Her charcoal-capped head was a mirror to his chocolate. 

He was no Rusalkan she had known, and so she came closer, just twenty or so yards off. Not wanting to step on his toes or anger him by coming any closer- for she had already heard his words. You kill that by yourself? She calls loudly to him over the ocean winds.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 12, 2020

He didn't concern himself with the scavengers' presence. If they came too close they'd be added to the menu. But he wouldn't be able to take down a wolf as easily, so all his attention was shifted to the woman when she called out to him.

Yeah. The lie gave him a bit of confidence. He narrowed his eyes and placed a paw over the creature defensively. And I'll kill you too if you try anything funny.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 12, 2020

A violent devil, just like the rest of the foreign people! Could she be surprised? Of course not- the foreigners were often barbaric and unruly, especially the men. However, the comment annoys her with its lack of sophistication, and she narrows her brow slightly. Gaze looks him over, wondering whether he really had the muscle to threaten. It is now, looking at his limbs, that she notices a blank space. He was missing a leg. 

She had to debate over whether now to say how could you kill me without your leg or relax, buddy! Though Huā knew the first option was tempting in how satisfying it would be to mock him, she had no desire to make more enemies. Hey boy, don't be mad! I not try anything, I promise. I have lot of my own food at home. She tells him, purposeful in her words. If he was as strong as he seemed at first impression, wouldn't he be a valuable addition? Could she tempt him to the isle? Sure, his personality seemed unbearable so far- but she would need soldiers if they ever needed to defend themselves against Rusalka. This is her thought process behind her chosen words.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 12, 2020

He had a lot of reasons to just chase her off now, the biggest one being she's too damn close to my kill. Orochi pulled back his lips and put another paw on the blubber, lifting himself up to look a little taller. He was tempted to leap forward and defend his prize, but he next words stop him.

He only needed to hear 'food'. That interested him, more than he'd like to admit. Why should I care? he snorted. Even though the intrigue wasn't evident in his tone, it surely showed by the way his ears perked up.

She took a couple of steps backward without letting her eyes leave him- if only to remind him that she had no foul intent. She doubted he would ease up at all, but it was worth a try. At his next question she pretends to think hard. Well, Huā hums thoughtfully, You seem so protective. Where I come from, we not so worried about food... We got so much to eat. Do you not have a lot food? She says, eyes widening in mock surprise. If she had the guts, she might've mentioned his handicap too- but she figured that wouldn't do her any favors in his eyes. And besides, if he really did kill this thing, he seemed to be doing fine without his leg!

She was basically rubbing it in at this point. Orochi didn't know whether he should be even more interested or pissed off. Of course he chose to be pissed off. That would snuff that spark of hope right? Besides, he didn't need to be fed by anyone anymore. He could get his own food.

Well that's just great, he hummed sarcastically. And I don't care. I have— Some food. Not as much as the stranger by the sound of it. He hated how he was starting to envy her. Orochi tried to push the feeling aside, but that only made him more frustrated.

Whatever, he hissed, It doesn't matter how much food I have.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 14, 2020

It was hard to keep her cool with this guy. Where she was the calm ocean, he was a burning fire, seeking to tear apart and destroy her attempts at drawing him. But a destructive boy was what they would need, with those enemies in Rusalka. War was hopeless without an army. So she persists, holding back her smirk as he claims the amount of food he has doesn't matter. 

But, don't it? You need food when you hungry... you have food now, but, what about one week? She questions, as if genuinely worried. Casually then, the murmur of her next words- At Yuèlóng, we don't need worry about this. We have the whole island to us. Still she worried that her words would not be enough, neither the promise of isolation or food a'plenty. What else did these foreign wolves love? Violence, sex? The gentle music of her next words, then, We have lot of pretty girl too. You would not have a lot of competition for the women... She teases, though inwardly feeling ashamed that she would use her cousins and sisters as bribery.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 15, 2020

He was angry and jealous to hear about this perfect little home, but he was confused more than anything. Why did she feel the need to brag to him, a complete stranger? She was really cementing her spot in his "wolves who deserved to get their ass kicked" list. If it were not for his leg and his animalistic drive for food, he would've done so already. He just glared at her instead.

And then she said it. "You would not have a lot of competition". Something clicked in his brain. Are you trying to get me to come to your dumb island?

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 15, 2020

It was awkward when he asked like that. She had hoped she wouldn't have to look like a fool by admitting she was trying to draw him. But here he was making her like like a fool. She glances uncomfortably as her feet. 

Uh... Yes. A moment of uncomfortable pause, and then- We want make a pack. We have food but... we need strong person. You seem really strong, because you kill the beast. Oh, how she hated to lose her dignity like this! Begging for his membership, paying the stubborn boy a complement. Huā prayed he would not gloat and rather follow willingly- but she doubted her hopes would play out in reality.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 15, 2020

He squinted and leaned forward, awaiting an answer. Part of him expects a "no". No one has ever needed him before and he wasn't expecting that to change anytime soon. 

To his surprise she said yes. She shocked him even more with her description. Strong. No one has ever called him that, apart from Minori. It was strange hearing that from a complete stranger. It made his heart swell nontheless.

Orochi replaced the brief flustered expression with a smug smile. Strong huh? Well you aren't wrong about that. He snickered under his breath. Fine, I'll come. He'd regret saying that sometime later, because of course this would get in the way of his mission. He was just too overwhelmed with pride to think straight right now.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 15, 2020

She took a deep breath at his overwhelming ego, calling himself strong even with his handicap. It was one thing to accept a complement- but it was a whole 'nother thing to brag on it. But she got what she wanted- a fiery soldier on their side. He agreed to come, and she gave him a curt nod, puffing up her chest a little. 

Good. I am leader- Huā. The island just north of here. You can come, I let the others know you coming. She was hesitant, but shot him a grin then. Maybe if they were nice to him, they could work the evil out of him and sharpen him into a clean-cut samurai. That was her intent. What your name, boy? Huā inquired.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Orochi - February 17, 2020

He made a mental note of the island's direction, repeating 'north' over and over in his mind. As much as he wanted to believe otherwise, he was terrible with directions. The trip to Moonspear had taken longer than it needed to be. He didn't want that happening again.

If he were to head back with her now he wouldn't need to worry about directions. Of course his pride kept him from doing so. That and his leg. He was 'The strong guy that killed the beast'. Beast hunters don't trip over their toes every five seconds.

I'll come once I'm done with this. A perfect excuse to give him some time. My name's Orochi.

RE: and then i grabbed a knife and i let the blood out of your throat - Huā - February 17, 2020

aight if u havent already, u can request pledged status now ig :P

Orochi.  His name was nice, she thought. Jotting it down on a notepad in her head, she nodded to his words about remaining until he was done. She jokingly considered asking him for a bite, now that they were on the same side- but she knew that would make her look hungry, of course! And Huā had no intention of stepping on his toes.

Okay. Orochi, I meet you back at the island then. She told him, a statement rather than a request. Safe travels. She breathed, and with a final glance back at him, she turned to the North, making her way up the beach once again. Feeling satisfied with her new catch, and determined to fill the ranks of Yuèlóng with strength.