Wolf RPG
Sawtooth Spire “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sawtooth Spire “oh, i really hate this place,” she said (/showthread.php?tid=42409)

“oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Pendragon - July 06, 2020

for anyone allowed near the den

And just as the beast is about to collide into her, she wakes up.

An agitated squeal slipped from her mouth. It's the loudest noise Marble Pendragon had ever made in her life. There's good reason for it. A beam of light is there too blind her as soon as she opened her eyes. Not the warmest welcome to the world.

Marble made a quick turnaround into her mother's side and continued to whine about the shock.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - RIP Star - July 06, 2020

A squeal draws Star's attention and she awakes, looking down to nose gently at the pale daughter who had made the noise. The girl whined gently; perhaps a bad dream... It's okay, Marble. It's okay, I'm here, She cooed, nudging the girl's hide with intent to comfort. Being a comfort was... new to her, but she was learning all the time, and knew she would have to learn to balance her straightforward exterior with a gentle heart.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Calcifer - July 06, 2020

Calcifer was in the midst of eating. He was always eating. This very kind large mass was sweet and her voice sounded pleasant but there just didn't seem to be enough milk. Even though it never ran out. 

His face was nudging and moving with vigor as it always did when he fought for his meal when suddenly a loud cry caught his attention, the only thing in the few weeks of his existence that stopped him from eating, apart for sleeping... though he likely ate while he slept.

He looked to his side and saw the smaller white mass was the source of such cries. This had been the mass with him all the time in the dark cozy place, and had been with him all this time out in the spacious cozy place. He was always bigger. Bigger than any threat and so he came to her rescue. 

He attempted to walk over to her, but it was more like swimming on land. He tried to climb on top of her and form a barrier between her and the danger. But he was quite heavy.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Pendragon - July 07, 2020

At this point she had yet to hear her mother's voice. It was just vibrations or, if she concentrated hard enough, muffled white noise. Today it was different. Although she did not know what the sounds meant, they were clear (to a two week old pup's standards of course).

The crying stopped abruptly and Marble tilted her neck back to look up. She saw her mother for the first time. A featureless white blob. The whelp was fascinated by her.

She would've stared for eternity if it weren't for her brother. He'd just been an afterthought for these couple of weeks, not someone she payed much mind to. But now that she could see him wiggle towards her and decided to climb on top of her, he was the center of her attention.

Marble squealed again, and this time it's smothered by the weight of her brother. So when that didn't work, she began to paw at the ground.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - RIP Star - July 09, 2020

Marble's crying ceased as she gazed up at her mother, and for a moment they held a loving eye contact there, Star overwhelmed with the reality of the moment, what bliss it was. But then Calcifer came- likely with good intentions, but he ended up atop his much smaller sister, and Star intook a sharp gasp. Marble began to squeal and paw at the ground, and so Star took Calcifer by the nape of his neck, lifting the heavy boy as delicately as she could and placing him between her front paws. There. Marble at her side, Calcifer in front of her chest. Crisis averted, hopefully- as long as the girl came to peace again, as long as the boy was content with his place.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Calcifer - July 31, 2020

In Calcifer's mind, his attempts at bravery had succeeded as his sister's squealing stopped. Though he didn't know his physical smothering was the cause. But soon he was being lifted, the beastly threat was taking him away. As he was lifted he attempted to wiggle around as he heavily huffed. Once he was set down he swings his head from side to side looking for the threat. All that lay in his line of sight was the large white mass, the bringer of food, and surely no source of danger. He continued to look around attempting to puff himself up and growl at the invisible threat lying in their midst.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - Pendragon - August 02, 2020

wrap this up?

It's a good thing she wasn't smoothered to death. Mother comes to save the day, plucking her brother off of her little cotton ball.

Marble gulped some air in a dramatic fashion until she felt like she wasn't drowning. As soon as she felt safe again she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

RE: “oh, i really hate this place,” she said - RIP Star - August 06, 2020

sure : )

Calcifer tried to puff himself up, little high-pitched grumbles rippling from his throat. Meanwhile Marble gulped air greedily, and Star couldn't help but chuckle at her dramatic children and their acts. Her daughter's eyelids drifted shut, but Star would lean down to Calcifer, shushing and cooing to him until his nerves were eased, and hopefully until he would soon fall peacefully asleep too.