Wolf RPG
Wheeling Gull Isle You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Wheeling Gull Isle You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl (/showthread.php?tid=44130)

You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - October 06, 2020

around midday @Huā (@Summerr@Aiolos

Quite some time had passed since the sea wolf graced her borders. Ira had made a commitment to visiting Huāzhēn at her own territory to discuss her proposal, though she had been delayed by several hitches until now. Hopefully the other wouldn't mind her late response, but a late one was better than none. There was much she did not know about her and her people, though her assistance in dealing with the Saints placed her higher on her list to trust than other strangers.

Huāzhēn had given her directions long ago, an island to the north. It seemed like a strange place to claim, but she supposed an island had its own benefits. The Count had never been to the sea, but she had heard of great bodies of water before. The days spent traveling left her questioning just how exactly she was supposed to reach Yuelong's borders. Ira was a mountain wolf, despite residing in the flat forest now, swimming was never high on her priorities. Still...she'd follow the river north until she reached the span of sand and water.

For a moment, Ira found herself frozen in place, amazed by the span of blue that stretched farther than her eyes could see. Before now she had almost thought of her scouts' descriptions as exaggerated, but now...well she was clearly proved wrong. In the distance a blip of land could be detected which she could only assume was the island described before. Now all that was left was to find a way over...

Luckily, Ira had managed to hit the ocean shore's just as low tide was setting in. Some skirting along the edges eventually revealed the slowly emerging strip of land that would connect the sea wolves to her familiar earth. The Count was still hesitant to be surrounded by so much water, but a few steps onto the land bridge proved solid enough for her to walk across safely, even if some spots forced her to wade. As she finally neared the island, the overwhelming pack scent was quick to hit her. How she was supposed to call from outside the borders, she wasn't entirely sure, but given the circumstances, she hoped Huāzhēn wouldn't mind the slight intrusion for her to stand on their island.

Settled now at the borders, Ira cast a quick glance around for any other wolves before tipping her head back to call for any leaders that might be around, but more so for Huāzhēn.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Aiolos - October 09, 2020

Figured I'd post until Hua came about.

Another call sounded out along the border of his home. It was easy to mind the borders when you lived on an island, for really only intruders could enter from one point on the island. Bears, cougar, coyote, were all something the island wolves never had to worry about when it came to crossing onto the island. However, for those not accustom to the beaches or were caught off guard, there was the dangers of jellyfish, string ray, shark and the pull of the ocean all it's own. 

So when the call came he knew just where to tread and he would see a darkly grayscale female at the outskirts of the beach just off the sandbar. He didnt know the scent to be of pack on her for he didnt know much anything of the plain wolves savor what had been told to him by Hua. He knew of Ira by name and name alone. 

Coming in near, the red wolf dipped his chin to her respectfully and then, Hello, I'm Aiolos. He greets, What can I do for you?

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - October 10, 2020

The Count waited patiently, idly watching as the waves chewed at the soft earth before retreating once more. It wouldn't take long for someone to come, a male of soft fires somewhere around her size it seemed. It was not Huā, but he would do for now. An introduction was given allowing her to match a name to his face for future notice.

Ira gave a short dip of her head as she returned the greeting, Greetings, I am Ira, Count of Kaistleoki. I seek your leader Huāzhēn. The name was still hard on her lips, a name full of unfamiliar syllables but hopefully close enough to be understood. Your pack came to mine when trouble arose, I was hoping to learn more now that the waters have calmed...and perhaps discuss her offer further.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Aiolos - October 15, 2020

It was Ira, she greeted, the Count of Kaistleoki and Aiolos quickly put together what information had had of the woman as leader of the plains wolves. She had been there as backup for Hua (amongst many others) when it came to driving out the Saints from the forest near the coastline. There was a possibility of an alliance mentioned, but nothing official and very little mentioned since. 

I do hope that she may come shortly. As you may understand, the more pups grow, the more of a handful they can become. He smirks at the thought. Though he didnt know if Ira had her own litter or not, surely she knew pups in their adolescence and teenage phase were quiet difficult at times. He wondered then, how Huojin was holding up... 

A knot in his throat, he pushes past this and onto topic. I am Shàngjiàng here- Emperor, so I hope I can be of use until then. He lowers his head slightly, hoping she may take the offer of his knowledge thus far though is understanding if she wished to wait for the Empress. She was the one most well known, after all. By troubles, I can only assume you mean The Saints? And then...

And there was a possibility of an alliance, if I recall? The open land which she lived was far, but no further then Neverwinter and even still less so then Moonspear. However, without them being close, he doubted the alliance would be one that offered much trade or help then it came to general needs. Still, should a war happen, a united front of all those against the blood hungry group was far better then being separated and picked off of.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Huā - October 21, 2020

Indeed, children were a handful. She'd just been catching a wild rabbit to bring to her kids- and had been on her way to them when she'd heard the call. The siren placed down the food in front of @Haoming when she found her there at the densite, hurriedly told her to be sure to share, and was off again to go find Ira. She was a tad ashamed of her lateness with so important of a guest, and when she arrived her ears were unintentionally pinned shyly against her head. An appreciative nod to Aiolos, and then a momentary bow of her head to Ira before she looked up again. Ira, please forgive my timing. I am very happy to see you here- and want to thank you again for your help in the summer. It could only be the unity of several packs to make Donovan's ego bow, even if it was only temporary. This is my fellow leader, Aiolos, She introduced him with a gesture, unaware he'd already done so. Look back to Ira, Are you here so we may discuss relations?

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - October 25, 2020

So she too had children, though that shouldn't come much as a surprise. Ira was rather late on her first litter to no one's fault but her own. A slight smile would grace her features however as she thought of her own daughters, Of course, I know all too well. The Count hadn't realized that Aiolos was actually part of the leadership here, and by means of title, perhaps Huāzhēn's mate. She'd refrain from commenting though and simply nodded her head to the male's question.

Yes, though thankfully we haven't seen them since. As for the alliance, I was actually hoping to learn more of your pack. An alliance is still on the table, but I like to know just who I ally with. Gods forbid she had actually blindly agreed to Donovan's request before, who knows where Kaistleoki would stand now. Of course, Ira would never approve of the other's actions, though it might have placed them on the targets of their fellow neighboring packs.

Before she could continue, the Empress was quick to join them with an apologetic bow of her head. The Count simply shook her head in response, Of course. No need to apologize, if anyone should be apologizing it's me. I'm afraid I've waited quite some time before making my way over which is not what I promised. Leading alone was one thing but stacking parenting as a single mother and the time recovering from her injuries late summer she truly had no choice but to wait until now. As I was explaining to your Emperor, I am willing to discuss the terms of our alliance though I wish to know my allies before any final agreements are made. I assume you take no issue with that and might even feel the same?

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Aiolos - October 27, 2020

He listens to the older woman, made of long and slender, sharp features. Along with two predominant scars to her legs which dont go unnoticed by him, having well enough of his own though none so largely that they shown through savor whatever nicks marred his limbs. After mentioning that she had not seen The Saints since, she them goes on to wanting to know more of Yuelong in order to consider establishing an alliance between her pack and their own. Of course, as I'd like to know so of your own as well. He personally knew little of the river wolves. The Saints may have moved but there agression has not eased. Even if we are not exactly close as far as travel goes for immediate assistance, I find it best we keep united. 

His attention wavered from the lean woman as approach from behind him stirred his attention. Hua. A smell of blood from a fresh kill was on her though it did not stain the dark furs of her crown. She came with apology both in her stance and words for her late arrival though Ira objects without need to which the burnished man's creamy lips turned up in a small smile to his Empress. Though he would interject to add when he thought the need, now that Hua was here he left the floor to her. She had founded this pack, after all.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Huā - November 11, 2020

Ira was a seemingly humble and logical woman, which Huāzhēn greatly appreciated. Huā shook her head with a slight smile at the Count's apology, a sign that she did not believe she had any reason to apologize. They'd all been busy- and she understood it well. To her statement, the empress nodded. Of course- whatever information you need... I trust you, and am happy to provide. There was other information, too- the saints' existence in the canyon, their failed attempts at spying, the kidnapping of one of Yuèlóng's own members. But Huā figured they wished to focus on diplomacy first, and the words she needed to share were temporarily placed second priority. Instead she tried to think what Ira would want to know, though she was prepared for questions, too. I made Yuèlóng at the end of last winter with my sisters, Yingyue and Meizhen. We... we rank members based on what skill they have or want to learn. And we try to keep to ourselves, on the island, peaceful, but also have made some alliances with some of the nearby packs.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - November 13, 2020

Ira nodded to the male in full agreeance. While Kaistleoki had been lucky to have no further issues with the Saints, they were still about, that much she knew. She'd rather have allies on her side than an enemy and strangers. She was surprised to hear that Yuelong was still a fairly young pack, they seemed well put together, but perhaps that would attest to a long-lasting strength, something that any ally could benefit from.

I see, it sounds that our packs are similar then. Kaistleoki is a place for self-improvement. We train those that come in the skills they wish to pursue Of course there were the few undecided or those who did not seek a specialty, but so long as they contributed to the pack, Ira saw no issue with their place within the pack. Though, I am not the sole ruler. I have a council assist in decision making, each member specializing in a different area for different perspectives.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Aiolos - November 17, 2020

Aiolos listened as Hua went on to explain the founding and how the pack generally ran. Ears perked with curious interest as Ira mentioned that she did not quite rule alone, yet had a council to assist her with decision making. 

They did not quite have this, the two leaders deciding the function of the pack as a whole, but they did have leads to govern the different skill sets within the ranks, should one be fitting for the duty. He thought of @Minori then, who risked the safety of her unborn pups to protect him though now once more @Orochi took up the mantle, who in Aiolos' opinion was far too arrogant, smart mouthed and bullheaded for the position of lead security and warfare. 

Have you any allies currently? It would be good to make sure that had they any enemies, either, that they didnt happen to be allies of Yuelong. Neverwinter forest is not too far from your lands, how is your position with them?

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Huā - December 02, 2020

Huā liked Ira's concept of self-improvement. Yuèlóng had never been a place that put too much emphasis on skillsets, but the empress thought she would like to see more of it, especially considering their second-in-command roles were based on the skills of the wolves who held them. She nodded in a manner that showed she was listening, and then looked to Aiolos as he spoke before glancing back to Ira. Yes, and Moonspear, if you know of them? Yuèlóng has made bonds with both packs. Huā shared with a small grin, hoping Ira's answer would not be too complicated.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - December 04, 2020

The Count nodded to the man's question. They had few allies, though they were trusted. Neverwinter Forest was still one she had yet to seek out, but they seemed friendly enough. One day she would have her scouts properly visit and introduce themselves, but for now she was busy enough running all over that Neverwinter could wait another day. Yes, our sister pack lays in the mountains just past our home. Reneian Empire, whom you are already aware of.

She nodded now to Hua knowing that she had been there herself when she sought allies to push out the Saints. We also are friends of Easthollow, my father's pack to the East. They are further off, though it is quiet and for the most part peaceful there. As for Moonspear... well frankly Ira had been avoiding them since Speedy joined their ranks. Their healer was quite valued amongst the river wolves, as for herself, she had found a friend in her, though Ira knew that to Moonspear she was an enemy...

Moonspear is fairly far for us to seek out an alliance...I have been there once before, though it was long ago. They are strong though, and friends of Easthollow. Are those your only allies? Ira's mind drifted momentarily to the Court just over the mountains. They too had come to aid their efforts, though she had only briefly visited the Court. At the very least, it seemed that all their neighbors were friendly or fair. An ideal given what might be brewing elsewhere.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Aiolos - December 05, 2020

Since this is before Stormbound and Firefly, not gonna mention those who obv. :3

He listens closely and learns that the Empire within the Vale from which he once lived, was considered to be a 'sister pack' of her own, their bonds closely united and he was curious as to how. Likely, one or the other being former members who then decided to establish their own ranks or perhaps children that had since grown and of course wanted to expand their bloodline by their own breeding right. Either way, Aiolos made a note of it. As far as he knew, the Empire was of neutral, good standing to them as so was Ira, though of no formal alliance.

She knew then of Moonspear though granted the distance had not formed any alliance with them. To this, Aiolos nodded. It was an obvious enough answer, just as it was likely so Yuelong would never become aligned with Easthollow due to their distance though could hold a mutual respect through their alliances elsewhere.

It would seem they had two former allies as did they, though none of them were enemies to one another either-which was good. After all, it would have been that factor which would have made things more complicated. As far as formal alliances go, yes. The fiery toned wolf said only, head cocking to the side into his little Empress' direction. Of course, Hua had a great many friends and good standing to those of the Court, Empire and Ira herself. Hua was a woman that many did not stand against and not our of fear or hatred either.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Huā - December 11, 2020

Huā nodded at the info on Reneian Empire, but the mention of Easthollow made her eyes widen. Easthollow? I met the... patriarch, he call himself, when he came here. Greyback... is he your... father? It certainly made sense: Ira too, was tall and grey, Huā could certainly see the resemblance. The Count shared that Kaistleoki and Moonspear had no official alliance, which the Empress thought was fine as long as they were not enemies. Aiolos answered Ira's last question, and Huā nodded at his words. We have had Seelie Court and Reneian Empire as friends in the past, but I know very little about packs beyond.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - January 05, 2021

Ira's brows raised at the mentioning of her father. She rarely saw him leave the hollow he now resided in. Never would she have thought that he would travel north to the sea or to packs other than her own. He was growing older... and travel did not seem to suit him well. Yes, Greyback is my father. Though I'm interested in when he might have visited. He rarely sees me or any land beyond his borders.

The Count mused over the names of the other two mentioned, mostly Seelie Court. She had visited them once before during the rising issue of the Saints. Though it seems that Yuelong too had not solidified an alliance. I've spoken with Lumiya before, she was friendly though neither of us has sought out something more since then. It seems our interests align though, and I trust your allies. I am more than willing to ally with your people.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Huā - January 10, 2021

It was far back, in the spring. Before I had my litter, Huā explained straightforwardly, and listened to Ira's next words. She was decided- their values and allies aligned rather well, and so a deal would be good for them. Huā agreed, and smiled, glancing briefly to Aiolos with satisfaction before looking back to the slate woman. Very good. I think we will work well together. Thank you for visiting... and you can call upon us, if ever you need favors. We have not forgotten how you aided us in the summer. Huā dipped her head in a respectful bow to her new ally.

RE: You Will Never Know Unless You Go, Go, Go, Girl - Ira - January 13, 2021

crappy close :'^)

The Empress believed they would work well together, and Ira couldn't help but agree. She was glad she had followed through with her original request, especially with more sinister wolves seeking shelter nearby. They had good allies as things were, but Easthollow was far. Of course, and the same goes to you as well. As Hua bowed, Ira gave a nod of her head to her and Aiolos before turning to depart. Farewell for now, Huāzhēn and Aiolos