Wolf RPG
Hideaway Strath I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hideaway Strath I wonder, wouldn't it be nice (/showthread.php?tid=45283)

Pages: 1 2

I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - November 25, 2020

@Whrist Forward dated to when you are back in the pack! Keeping things vague

Arlette was here for about a week now. It had been strange to be living in another pack, she had felt unfamiliar with the grounds. Plus she kind of used these moments to hang around Derg. She kind of liked how he spend time with her and showed her around. Though now she felt that she should put some effort and meet some members of the pack. She might as well familiarize herself with them. They were her new family after all.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - November 26, 2020

Tired after her wild hunt, she returned to 'home' strange it was to even think that, Home... a place to return to. Even her birth pack she had never considered a home, and left it long before she should have, she had traveled far and wide never staying in one place and never returning to any place she'd been to before. So this was strange and new and she still even after her wild hunt didn't know what to feel about it. Maybe, given time 'pack' might begin to feel more real. Especially if they bled or blooded together. That always bonded wolves.

Looking for a place to sleep the day away since night was this dark wraith's prefered play time she almost wandered straight into another female, she halted and scented the air this one smelled like male she had to meet but at least she knew the scent of the overseer well enough to know this one was pack.

Whrist halted and offered the female a nod waiting to see how she's react to a black wolf almost tripping over her. She offered not appology, nor any other words they were not nessessary if this one just wanted to walk away.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - November 27, 2020

Arlette was startled by the dark female that was almost right upon her. Arlette cleared her throat when seeing the female. At first, she thought it was Oryx but she was too dark in fur color and not the small size like her friend. Arlette's ears perked up. "Hi!,' she greeted the other. "I'm Arlette," she added and offered a soft smile along with that greeting.

She was still new here and wanted to make a good impression. She wasn't sure if this female was new, but she hadn't seen her before. She had met only females until now, besides Kynareth and Derg, all the others were females. Interesting.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - November 27, 2020

Whrist looked over the female noting the scars, but as the female spoke she could not help but notice the red eyes,. Whrist shifted her weight to her haunches but resisted the urge to step back completely to voice accompanying those crazy eyes was far to bubbly. Her timbre was deeper by comparison “Whrist” she offered though nothing else not even a hello.

To make up for her near back up, she sat down then as casually as she could muster, she used a hind paw to scratch behind her ear, then yawned using the time to collect her composure, the silence stretched between them, but whrist didn’t mind she didn’t like long conversations, but something needed to break the awkward length of time. “Have you met the Grandmaster yet?” She watched Arlette's reaction closely even though she slowly scratched her shoulder now, Then settled and pretended to feign disinterest. She remembered her first meeting with him and she wondered if the other females got the same kind of welcome she had.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 02, 2020

Arlette noticed that the female was really serious, or definitely not one to chitchat. She could understand that not everyone liked casual conversation. She definitely remembered when she was in pain that she didn't want to talk or smile at all. Her red eyes scanned intently over the female. She was not familiar with her, so perhaps she couldn't see right away if the female was in pain. But perhaps if she captured the female now, she could see if the next time she would meet her she was the same.

Arlette ws oblivious to the female's discomfort. "Grandmaster? Uh.... You mean Kynareth?," she asked. Arlette was not sure what his rank was. She knew that Derg was overseer. So, that was probably under Kynareth, so then it would make sense he was the grandmaster. "I did," she returned with a nod. "Derg accepted me in the pack though."

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 02, 2020

Whrist looked the female over carefully her eyes lingering on the scars just a bit to long. “I have not met the Overseer” she tried to decide if this females meeting with the grandmaster was similar to her own first meeting with him, or did she have a kind of relationship with the Overseer. Her hormones were ranging high and all she could think about was whom was doing who.

“What is your position here?” Whrist decided to ask, just to try and shake her mind from the gutter and since this one neither carried herself like a ranking member nor acted like she was full of herself; She found It was difficult to gauge her and that bothered Whrist.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 04, 2020

Arlette nodded softly when the other female said that she hadn't met Derg yet. She wondered if Derg would be as nice to Whrist as he was to her. She hoped not. But that was just her light jealousy speaking. She didn't want to call it jealousy but it kind of was. She realized she was starting to like him far more that just a crush.

Arlette was surprised by her question. "Uhh... position?," she let out, thinking about it. Then she shrugged. "I didn't know we had ranks here," she admitted. She thought she was just a packmember now, perhaps a new one that needed to earn her stripes as a family member like they would in Easthollow. But perhaps she was wrong about that. "No one told me about ranks though."

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 04, 2020

The black female rolled her shoulders in a shrug, “No one talks much here I've noticed," She paused briefly, but then continued "I won’t be a lower rank if I can help it, No one crosses me and gets away cleanly” She glanced to the ground on her left and snorted thinking again about the spar with Nyra, that white Brute having soundly taken up residence in her psyche. Even though Whrist had actually won that round.

The black wraith looked to the high branches of the trees as if she was looking for something of someone. Her gaze soon returned to the scared femme before her and  she just had to ask though it was not her place to, and she hardly knew the wolf “How did you get those scars?” Her white blue eyes searched Arlette over as if looking for more scars

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 07, 2020

Arlette frowned at what the female said. "Curious, most wolves I met were quite chatty," she returned the dark female. Arlette nodded firmly to her. If the female thought that about herself she would respect that. She was unaware what her rank was so either she was lower or higher than this female, but, she would never act like that.

Arlette looked a bit surprised when the female suddenly asked about her scars. She slowly frowned, not really wanting to be reminded of the fact that she had scars. She liked to think she was still as perfect as she had been before. "Cougar," she returned quietly and looked away, ears fallen back.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 07, 2020

Whrist sighed softly, “honestly I have not met many of the others” She sat behind the wolfess feeling at ease with this one. Something she did not feel with many others very often. As Arlette looked away Whrist whispered… “I like your scars” Whirst then offered, “It shows you survived, beat the odds.” Her tail swayed softly across the ground “Could you tell me about it, what happened?” She honestly wanted to learn more about this wolf beside her. Which was more then she could say about most of the wolves she had met in the teekon wilds thus far.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 09, 2020

Arlette tipped her head a bit. She wondered if Whrist hadn't met anyone because she didn't want to, or because no one had greeted her. That latter would be pretty sad. She would change that if that was the case. She wouldn't mind to be the one that greeted new wolves or checked in upon them. She liked to make others happy.

The white girl was surprised when the other complimented her scars. Another wolf! She was really not used to this. She sat a bit more upright and dared to look at her. "You do?," she asked, surprised. "Thanks," she returned and had to look down modestly for a moment. She really took the compliment to heart, especially when seeing Whrist tail wag. Hers started to wag as well.

Arlette then nodded. "Yes. This all happened in Easthollow last spring. My mate and I were on a late night stroll, when there was a cougar. It all happened so fast... My mate Kaito-- He didn't hesitate for a moment and attacked the cougar. I couldn't let him get attacked so I joined as well. I am not much of a fighter, but I couldn't just stand there.... you know? I thought; At least I would be a decoy for him to live. I was ready to die for Kaito..." She tipped her muzzle up so Whrist could see the bite mark scars at her jugular.

"But... My aunt saved me so I didn't." She swallowed thickly for a moment, tipping her head back. "Kaito and my aunt Nanook did." Arlette casted her red eyes at Whrist. She left out the part where she was heavily pregnant and gave birth to two stillborn pups. Only Derg knew that. Perhaps if she got to know Whrist better she would tell her. "It took awhile to recover from it. Now I am just trying to live. Hopefully, I will make them proud since I got to live and they didn't."

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 09, 2020

Whrist should have realized that dredging up the story would drag up awful memories, she had not realized that the Arlette had not taken on the beast alone, though in retrospect if she had been alone she’d not be here today.

The mention of a mate made Whrist feel more like a cow then ever before; one didn’t mention mate unless there were pups involved. It was only now the Whrist got control of her arsehat tongue and firmly clamped down on it, if she didn’t mention any pups there mayn’t have been any. She doubted it though

Whrist nodded understandingly and looked to the horizon as it began to darken, though night was a long time off yet. Night was Whrist’s time to shine where she felt most safe. She almost wanted to give this wolf her story but then this one seemed fragile in a way and would likely hate Whrist for it especially the driving force behind it. So she left her past there, in the past. What was it about this wolf that made she want to talk.

To change the subject she decided to show Arlette something she had stolen along her travels. “I have something I can show you” Whrist offered, looking toward the treetops She gave three deep yips, The branches began to twitch as if a breeze hit them though there was no wind.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 15, 2020

It was nice to have the woman listening to her. The other female made no comments, she only nodded understandingly. It was nice to not have new questions or worse judgement. She decided she liked Wrist. Arlette dipped her head. She nodded and was ready to walk with her. But then she stayed and tipped her head up.

Arlette followed her gaze to the tree tops. Her ears twitched when she yipped and then the branches moved. She was surprised and looked at Wrist. "How did you do that?," she asked in wonder. It almost felt like magic.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 15, 2020

Whirst could not help the smile that quirked the corner of her lips as she continued to stare up at the trees. Carefully a young raven hopped into view and cawed cautiously then it opened it’s wings and hopped to the edge of the branch. It tipped it’s head in a very wolf like manner then leapt from the branch gliding toward the black wolfess landing almost gracefully at her paws, if it hadn’t almost fallen. Whirst licked the top of it’s head gently then looked at Arlette

I picked him up along my travels, he had fallen out of his nest.” She grinned “I practically raised him,” She chuckled  “really just shared a few meals until he was strong enough to fly on his own, now he sticks around” She wondered if Arlette would realize she had kidnipped the creature and held onto it long enough that it took to her for protection and food

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 16, 2020

She noticed that it wasn't magic that was moving the branches, but a bird! She looked surprised as the raven moved down towards the dark wolf. She had never seen it before, of course, those birds were around food but then would never come close. The female curiously watched the bird, since she never saw one so close. "So cute!," she beamed oblivious to the fact that the bird might be kidnapped.

"Does it has a name?," she asked curiously. The female carefully stepped closer to look at the bird. "Does it help you with scouting or other things?," she wondered as well.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 20, 2020

Whrist tilted her head, “No I have not named him… … would you like to?” Whrist wondered why she was being so nice to the white wolf, she remembered she hated white wolves.

And her blood did boil a little every time she looked at her, but the scars on the female seemed to help quell Whrist’s distaste, this white one was not a perfect as the others had tried to be. Perhaps it was the eyes too, she wasn’t sure. For now however she’d just enjoy the company of this wolf who seemed to ooze happy energy.

Whrist looked down at the raven who lifted a wing and began to preen under it as it watched Arlette with large beady black eyes, seeming to know it was being fawned over and enjoying itself immensely.

Not really, not yet… but it has brought me weird shinny things a time or two, I don’t know if it understands commands yet, or if it ever would..” Whrist thought to herself, having not realizing this bird had other potential “I haven’t actually tried to, I suppose, what do you suggest we train him to do

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 20, 2020

Arlette was surprised that Whrist asked her. She looked at the raven. "I am sure you know it better than I," she returned. "But, I would love to help! Let me think about some and get back to you on that," she offered kindly. She looked at the bird once again, not really any names coming to mind yet since she didn't know it.

"Shiny? Interesting?," she frowned and then stepped closer to study the bird. "Well I think if you want to train him is for you to decide what you want him to bring you, and only give him food if he brings that what you want," she reasoned. "But it would be nice if he warns for intruders. Or brings us, Oh! It would be really nice if he brings type of herbs." She as a medic could use that. "I've never trained a bird before though."

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 20, 2020

Whrist shoved her muzzle under the birds wing and it rolled on it’s back allowing Whrist to snuffle it’s wing and belly, obviously trusting her though it’s talon’s hooked into her underjaw until she lifted her head.

The raven chrruped and hopped up, opening it’s wings. Understanding Whrist laied down and pressed her chin to the ground, the young bird hopped to the top of her muzzle careful not to grip to hard and The black pelted femme slowly stood then lowered her head before explosively  tossing her head way up sending the bird high into the sky where it took a few flaps flailing in the air before it caught itself taking to the sky it flew away.

Whrist chuckled thinking about how many times she had done that teaching it to fly. She elaborated for Arlette’s sake “That’s how I thought him to fly, I didn’t want him climbing trees were he could hurt himself and I wanted to be able to catch him if he failed, which he did often at first

It was not long before the raven returned and landed upon Whirst neck burrying it’s feet into the ruff on the back of her neck. In it’s beak it held a shard of shiny frozen sap. The bird peered at Arlette and cocked it’s head before dropping the shiny sap watching it tumble to Arlette’s paw’s

Whrist sighed “See not very useful” she was not a healer and didn’t know that things saps could be used for but in the right light the frozen sap was particularly shiny,

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 21, 2020

Arlette watched how the female easily tossed the bird in the air. It easily adjusted and spread its wings. She was mesmerized by it. Whrist seemed to be really caring to her, seeing how she took care of an innocent bird instead of killing it. The bird returned with something in his mouth. Arlette studied it, unfortunately she didn't know about the shiny sap. She watched as it fell by her feet. She looked down at it and sniffed it.

"Not sure what it means," she chuckled. "But it is good that he brings you thinks, that can be useful," she nodded to Whrist. Arlette tipped her head, seeing how the spark was catching her eye. She didn't think it was strange that the bird would be attracted to something shiny. "Thank you for cheering me up," she admitted then, softer than her normal tone but happy never the less.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 23, 2020

The Raven left out a triumphant yet hoarse caw as Arlette sniffed and paid attention to his gift. It preened it's chest feathers; apparently in an attempt to look nonchalant, but failed miserably.

Whrist shook her head slightly with a slightly amused look, then pointedly ignored the bird. She frowned at Arlette’s words she had not noticed the female needed cheering up, she was horrible at noticing anything that was not directly related to her. Then she gave a wolfish shrug almost dislodging her passenger.

Would you like to hunt a rabbit or two?” She asked somehow reluctant to give up on the company of this wolf “I need to stick around until you come up with the name you promised” Whrist offered her a dashing smile

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 23, 2020

Arlette perked up her ears. She really didn't like hunting, mostly because she was bad at it. The female nodded tentatively at the question. "I am not that good of a hunter," she admitted to Whrist, so her expectations weren't that high. "I am more of a medic and therapist. I like to help others that way," she explained. "But perhaps with your company it will be better to hunt."

Arlette looked at the bird again. "Crawford?," she then stated, with a chuckle on her lips. Because it was kind of punny. She smiled at bit. "I think it will suit him once he is fully grown," she hummed.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - December 27, 2020

Whrist turned her head back and very gently grabbed gripped the Raven’s head on her jaws and huffed. The raven pulled away easily cawed once and hopped onto of Whrist’s muzzle, slowly she lowered her head the bird flared it’s wings just and she tossed her head skyward. Again the bird fluttered in midair a few flaps before levelling out and taking off toward the tree tops.

She turned her attention to Arlette, “Let’s hope he gets it this time. This is the only thing I have been trying with him, I want him to find small prey animals for me, if he succeeds this time I’ll feed him. Last time be brought me to a large shiny stone. Either way, No matter what he finds, it should be fun” She cocked a black ear in the direction the Raven flew off listening for him

Crawford? Hummm…. Weird but it’ll do” She sat and scratched her shoulder with a rear paw. She sat in silence for a few minutes not needing to fill the air with extra sounds besides she was listening for ‘Crawford’ A few minutes later they heard a long loud Caw far off to their left likely close to the stream that ran nearby here,

Shall we?” Whrist grinned and stood up leading the way toward the sound, that had stopped after it’s first caw

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - December 28, 2020

Arlette nodded in return. "Yeah, maybe. I think it is just a matter of giving a big reward when he does bring what you want," she stated. That would make sense, the most sense. Then again, she didn't know how to train a bird. "Keep me updated on his progress," she hummed.

"He can have a different name," she commented. "Maybe after a herb? Or plant? Reed, Thicket, Blueberry?," she offered with a chuckle, especially at that last name. The female nodded instantly and followed Whrist, grinning as well.

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Whrist - January 02, 2021

They came out beside a stream, Whrist could not see Crawford but she shook her head in response to her companion “It’s Crawford now” She confirmed and grinned then she stopped and looked around; finally she noticed Crawford perched on a rock beside the stream, the large pair of rock sparkled in the light due to almost see though mineral speckled throughout the granite.

Whrist sighed sadly “Nope can’t get through to him, I might just have to eat him

Crawford hopped to the far edge of the rock and peered down into the water and cawed again.

Whrist hopped up onto the rocks and looked at what the bird had cawed at. Below the rock swam to swim they swam in place fighting the current probably resting they would be easy to snap up

Or not… look!” Whrist grinned at Arlette  she nodded to the spot beside her on the rock “I’ll get the left one you grab the one on the right. Do a Count down and we’ll grab at the same time so they don’t get away. Then quickly get it up on shore so we don’t drop them back in the water by mistake when they start to thrash” Whrist nodded waiting for Arlette to begin

RE: I wonder, wouldn't it be nice - Arlette - January 03, 2021

Arlette followed Whrist with her bird. The pale female trotted up next to her and then looked down. Arlette wasn't really confident. "Eh.." she started and looked down at the fish. She turned to Whrist. "I'm not really good at this," she commented, a hushed whisper. She looked down not ever grabbing a fish before. She looked back at Whrist. "Where do I grab it? What do I do?" she asked. The pale female couldn't really see any necks of the fish. Did fish even have necks? She didn't want to disappoint her new friend.