Wolf RPG
Dawnlark Plains an eye for me, a leg for you - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dawnlark Plains an eye for me, a leg for you (/showthread.php?tid=47667)

an eye for me, a leg for you - Gracious - June 10, 2021

for @Oceane when you have time, this is just a thread to get them on the road for more inland travel! anyone else is welcome to pop in, but please allow for oceane to respond first! :)

they have started to pull themselves away from the ocean water and cold morning sea salt for the search inland. gracious has seen many parts of the wilds, but not on this side. this area is foreign, new, perhaps a distant and hazy memory from her early days when she encountered the land. the roar of the water is gone, now the day is filled with bird songs while nights have crickets and even a few firefly shows. for now, the duo enter the plains, a flat grassy area full of growth.

gracious turns to look towards the young girl. "are you hungry? there is plenty to hunt here." birds and rodents and many other animals are present in the fields with them, the ground nearly buzzes with life and the thrill of the hunt. slowly, the older woman observes the horizon in search for anything moving the grass blades around. "you can hunt, i assume?" any individual on their own hopefully knows how to snag their own meal when necessary. though, oceane's nature throws gracious through a loop -- she does not seem always focused and understanding of how important things are in order to survive.

RE: an eye for me, a leg for you - Oceane - June 16, 2021

Surely she had told Gracious this every night they bedded down for slumber, but this was undoubtedly the best adventure ever.

It was nice to have company. Even better to have such smart company! So Oceane was always on her best behavior, trying to keep in the good graces of Gracious. She knew that they hadn't planned to be together forever so she wanted this to be the best time spent together!

Which would...maybe convince them to stay together forever?!

The young girl could dream.

Very! She chirped with excitement. One would think that the hunger would bring her mood down, but it was so hard to escape the mindset of this being an adventure!

Oh, definitely! I'm like the best fisher ever. I've even snagged a sea bird before!

Granted they were far from the sea now and Oceane was not sure if either of those things would be here...

RE: an eye for me, a leg for you - Gracious - June 21, 2021

the girl responds in a cheerful manner that leaves gracious with a motherly and warm smile over her face. she has always wanted to have a family, but in her old age she has known that it shall only remain a dream; perhaps in the next life she can fulfill it. but for now, she remains content with the idea of guiding young oceane along until she is no longer needed. leaving a mark at least on one individual would provide gracious enough peace to last her a lifetime and more.

"fish may be hard to come by until we find a river. but if you are able to catch birds, then we will be able to eat here." seagulls and other ocean-faring birds behaved relatively the same to gracious, though the ones here would not be quite as satisfying of a meal due to the difference in size. "they may be difficult to catch; they are very sensitive to noise and will fly away if you are not quiet enough." gracious is no master hunter, but she has her fair share of hunting stories for partridges and other avian species during her lifetime.

she circles back to oceane, standing shoulder to shoulder with her. movement, off to the left of the field. "there, off to your left. a bird hides beneath the grass." the blades move just with the slightest bit of movement, an inexperienced hunter would say it is the breeze, but the grass moves in the opposite direction. only an animal would cause such movement. "can you see the grass move?"