Wolf RPG
Hoshor Plains convoco - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Hoshor Plains convoco (/showthread.php?tid=48636)

convoco - Germanicus - September 28, 2021

for @Nyra! <3

germanicus had not yet met a saint. he knew only ramesses and satsu. 

there was but one other. a woman of scars.

he had taken what scent he could from the stale battlefield. jawahir's murmur told him of which direction the great white giant had fled. akashingo was bordered by flatlands on all sides. any arrival might be seen from afar.

he did not return to the mesa.

germanicus moved to the rolling lands and there gave a great howl.

i would speak with the fighter who moved against pharaoh. i am not of akashingo.

RE: convoco - RIP Fury - September 28, 2021

vaguey vague~

Nyra indeed was in the area. She had returned to the flatlands but a few hours ago after her retreat, met and sparred the young man Kigipigak a bit earlier, and now an interesting but nonetheless alarming call for her
The call claimed not to be of Akashingo, but as Nyra neared Germanicus from behind, he smelled like them. She was not currently one to take such a thing at word alone, especially still managing a wounded shoulder, but she prowled to the man anyway, guard sky-high and eyes immediately analyzing. 

She stopped about five or six feet from his flank. 
"If you aren't of Akashingo, why do you smell of them?" She rumbled. It wasn't a snippy inquiry, more so guarded, suspicious, and surprisingly, not angry.
He was uninjured, she noted, but she was injured. 
As she waited to see if the man would speak with tongue or teeth, she reprimanded herself internally for not having the patience that might have won her what she wanted.

RE: convoco - Germanicus - September 29, 2021

germanicus turned. 

she was a true giantess, with ridged scars and a hellfire stare. 

"because i am their guest." 

the eagle watched her carefully with a closed expression. but his mind was upon crowfeather, caught somewhere in the excess of the mesa.

it was he who had partaken, the man reminded himself..

"do you have word of arlette?"

RE: convoco - RIP Fury - September 29, 2021

Nyra narrowed her eyes some at Germanicus' words, her expression closed but obviously guarded.

Then he spoke of Arlette. 
Had he met her before? Arlette was one of the much kinder souls of the Saints...she wouldn't doubt it.

"Arlette is one of the Saints. She is well, with three healthy children." Nyra responded, though no part of her body relaxed. In fact she probably tensed even more, at the thought of dear Arlette ever getting injured again.
She and her kids deserve so much better than the life I've provided...

ah, so nyra had a heart after all beneath the exterior of thorny ice. 

"it was arlette who first told me of the saints. it has been almost a year." germanicus had tested the enemy of pharaoh once and had not yet found her wanting.

"i would ask why you roam alone in the flatlands. surely by now you know that you are a marked wolf, and not only by akashingo."

She listened as he told her that Arlette had first told him of the Saints almost a year ago. 
So, back in the Strath, hm? She thought. 
Arlette wouldn't say anything bad about the Saints on purpose, she was too kind-hearted. This thought made the Grandmaster want to smile, but she kept her emotions close and didn't. 

To the rest, Nyra let out a chuckle, a fighter's spirit lighting in her intense hues.
"I'm not afraid. I admit I am also not always wise in my decisions, but, never afraid." 
What she didn't include in her words or implications was that once upon a time, she had been afraid. It was a year's worth or so of time ago, when Kynareth and she had first met. Back then, she was fearful.
And that the striped man had trained her to fight himself, for the most part. These details were not important to share, in her eyes. Especially not with the guest of her enemy.

she admitted her lack of wisdom. germanicus did not deny or agree. he only listened.

nyra had proven there were words beneath the stone teeth.

"i have heard their account of what occurred at the mesa. i would like to hear yours, grandmaster to the saints of the dying light."

ramesses was an arrogant blue-blood. a wolf who had seen more than a border skirmish must also seek more than the easy murder of a spoiled egyptian.

As he voiced what he really wanted, Nyra hmmed softly, pausing a moment before she gave a small sigh.

"I will not deny my intent was to kill Ramesses from the beginning. After the time he spent with my Saints, I came to strongly believe he is spoiled and wants authority, status, without working for it." She rumbled, lashing her tail a couple times. 
"I wanted to see if I was wrong, about him being a snake in the grass, but I believe I was right all along. Which is why I attacked after he began speaking of terms and removing Akashingo from the Saints. Does that not scream disloyalty?" She mused the question, but aside from adjusting her stance a little bit to get better footing, she didn't move.

"the same could be said of any creature. or you. or i."

germanicus was implacable. "wanting power is no crime."

ramesses had betrayed her, the eagle understood. "is your debt so large to settle that you would risk your own throat twice?"

the tactician paused, and then lowered himself to his haunches in the air of a guard carefully setting down a sheathed sword.

"i understand that the saints are warlike, and were recently led by kynareth. i also understand he has left you. is this true?"

RE: convoco - RIP Fury - September 30, 2021

As Germanicus spoke, she begrudgingly agreed with the statement by nodding once. There was a time she too was rather power-hungry, but now she had what she strove for, after months of hard work.

"My score is one I would cash in on if the opportunity arose." She responded to his first question in a more gentle rumble. 

Then words of the Saints from this mouth. She watched him sit, but she herself stayed standing, at least for now.

"I led beside Kynareth as an alpha until he left. Not as his second, but as his equal. Now, I lead without him." She confirmed. Truthfully being referred to as her former co-lead's second hit a nerve, but it was one she supposed she'd have to attune to for those who didn't understand the equality she once shared with Kynareth Deagon.

RE: convoco - Germanicus - October 01, 2021

germanicus nodded.

"is it his war you fight, or yours?" 

he had already carried his messages to brecheliant and the caldera. while he remained carefully watchful, nyra's attack upon him would not stop what had been placed into motion.

the eagle awaited her answer. thus far he had gleaned a sense of her power and willingness to settle an old pain.

what else might the pale giantess reveal?

RE: convoco - RIP Fury - October 01, 2021

Nyra knew nothing of the messages sent out against the Saints. Though she had a feeling something dark was on the horizon, for now she could only prepare.

"Both. Ursus is mine and Kynareth's war. Ramesses is my own." She replied with a twitch of her ears.
Watching Germanicus for a long moment, her eyes turned to look in the direction of the mountains. The sky, also, to gauge if she should head back to the Canyon.

RE: convoco - Germanicus - October 02, 2021

"why would you fight the war of a man who abandoned his soldiers?"

germanicus stood carefully.

"i would not serve a general who deserted me before battle."

nyra was determined to hold this conflict. the eagle regarded her for a moment, the open air of a fighter looking at another across an arena, in the narrowing moment before the emperor spoke, and they would be unleashed.

"when we meet again, i cannot promise so diplomatic a conversation."

his neutral tone did not change. her war threatened crowfeather. she knew the shadow, and by default was a threat to him.

"thank you for speaking with me, nyra, grandmaster of the saints."

germanicus surveyed the flat land over her shoulder. it was as good a battlefield as any. ruenna wished to keep her land out of such a conflict. teya wished the same. it was not achievable while those who would go to war over a personal debt roamed in kintla.

the man was silent thereafter, signalling that their words were over.

RE: convoco - RIP Fury - October 02, 2021

The Grandmaster was silent against Germanicus' questioning and statements. 
She had her reasons, and wished to say none of them. 

As he stood, Nyra met his eyes, hearing his last words.
A sharp huff and a small nod later, the Grandmaster started on her way, intent to disappear into the terrain unless stopped.

RE: convoco - Germanicus - October 02, 2021

germanicus watched until nyra was only a flake of white below the cold burn of the autumn sun.

only then did he wheel around and look toward the mesa. 

he did not wish to return.

and yet he would, at once. 

the idea of going back to speak with the egyptian rankled him. 

and yet the shadow resided there.

germanicus began to take a hunting-route back into the lands of akashingo.