Wolf RPG
Greatwater Lake On Top of the World - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Greatwater Lake On Top of the World (/showthread.php?tid=51594)

On Top of the World - Kitaro - June 21, 2022

oop, my first post - am i doing this right?

As most things in life, all good things had to come to an end. With a great huff, the dark male lifted his body off the rocky lake bed and began wadding out from the water, seemingly reluctant to leave the cool abyss behind. He had made it a habit over the last couple of days to relax at the water's edge and let the lake water cool his hot coat from the summer heat. Not only that, but it felt great on his joints when he allowed his body to float effortlessly above the small laps of waves. 

Now, however, he was bearing the additional weight of water which had soaked its way into his black fur, making it hard not to drag his feet as he exited the oasis. With two great shakes, Kitaro flicked the liquid off from snout to tail, spraying whatever lay in close proximity. If it weren't for his slight ting of hunger, he would've stayed in the water until nightfall and gone on his hunt after dark, but it seemed like his stomach yearned for a snack. How irritating. He wasn't a fan of finding prey in the daytime, seeing as his black coat was the opposite of camouflage in the sun. Maybe he could try his luck in the nearby forest. Letting out a sigh, he began his voyage towards the fern ahead, his stride showcasing no hurry for what was to come. Stalling perhaps?

RE: On Top of the World - Sakhmet - June 21, 2022

welcome!! lovely post :D
tag for reference <3

She had told @Kigipigak she wished to hunt a gift for Moonglow.

It was what carried her now, on lithe limbs. The sun shied its face down on the lake, a blinding reflection off the surface of it. Some part of the sight made her yearn to return to the river. Yet it was good to be here. This she reminded herself as she caught sight of a large man at the lake's edge.

She held herself strong and composed. The way an Issumatar should.

Do you live here? Her voice soft, despite the stance she held.

RE: On Top of the World - Kitaro - June 22, 2022

tysm!! :]

Just as he was about to reach the shrubbery of the forest, his ear swiveled towards a voice off into the distance. Curious, Kitaro halted and swiveled his head to the side, squinting against the sun to peer out towards the sound. His eyes met a russet coloured femme that stood tall not far off from where he was, facing his direction and peering with a clear form of expectation.

Oh shoot, had she addressed him? Perhaps he still had some water log stuck in his ears. That would’ve been fun to deal with while hunting. With a semi-violent shake of his head, Kitaro attempted to clear his hearing, all the same turning to face the woman and started to take a step towards her. In the quick second, he thought better of it - she might not be alone, and the last thing he wanted to do was cause a confrontation.

Stop his stride, the brute bowed his head. “It seems I may have missed what you said.” 

RE: On Top of the World - Sakhmet - June 22, 2022

For a moment, she feared she might have come across some sort of brute. A wild man with no thoughts of manners or conversations. This fear amplified as he shook his head like some great beast, sending water throughout the area.

Then the fear slid off like the water.

A well spoken man, composed and with nothing hostile in his voice. He had even bowed his head! She looked upon him with a newfound kindness for these things.

I asked if you lived here. At the lake.

She gestured towards the area around them at large.

At least his speculations were correct. She had indeed spoken to him and now his ears were at full attention. Live here? His eyes swept across the lake and the horizon beyond. 

Only temporarily,” he replied, gazing back at the woman. Was this her home? Her scent hadn’t reached him quite het and thought back on recent days. Kitaro couldn’t recall any significant signs of life apart from his own company, but he also hadn’t ventured very far past this area. Perhaps there was more to observe past where she had came. Certainly so, but now the brute struck a worry - he had no intention of crossing over claimed territory. His tail twitched.
“I was just passing through and happened to get a little attached to the water.”

Temporarily, he claimed.

She smiled softly. A tentative step closer to him, she worried for her safety very little. Moonglow was not far. In turn, she doubted her Sangilak would be very far either. But this stranger proved so kind already!

I don't blame you, She answered with a sheepish smile, as if they were old friends sharing secrets. How easy it was to find company now in her confidence. I claim a river in the north, my extended family— That's what Moonglow was, no? —here has a lake. It's the great unifier.

Interesting, she spoke of the land beyond as her own. Kitaro would have imagined a woman in such role of power to come off more aggressive towards a stranger near their territory, intimidating even. Instead, she held a rather poised aura, which Kitaro would gladly take over hostility. It was refreshing to encounter someone who seemed more placid such as he - it took up less energy to be around. 

Nodding in understanding, the dark male observed as she took a speculative step forward. Clever to be wary, but he began to feel more at ease with her presence. Surely it wouldn't hurt to stick around and pick her brain a bit ? Maybe she could give him recommendations on where to find decent prey - without having to step on anyone's toes, at least.

"I am Kitaro." He shuffled his feet a bit. "Hope I didn't interrupt any formal errands."

Kitaro.

She wondered where the name came from, what it meant. Did he intend to start a village of his own? All things were once small, she thought. Even her own home!

Sakhmet, She offered back with a soft sway of her tail. And you didn't, don't worry. I'm actually...stepping away from formal errands for a moment. She confessed to him with a sly grin. How easy it was to be so casual in the face of a stranger.

Would you care to hunt with me? I am not much by myself.

Look at her! Small and lean, worn thin from travel. But he reminded her very much of her husband. Large and built for the hardier work.

He offered another strong nod. Never had he heard of such a name, he had always found it so interesting to hear how others addresses themselves. 

“Pleasure, Lady Sakhmet. I imagine it can be rather exhausted looking after so many others.” Kitaro envisioned how much pressure it would be to run a healthy and successful fleet - he’d definitely have a hard time keeping up. 

At the thought of game, the males dark muzzle cracked open, which presented  a tongue that lolled out and hung free. She would be a great advantage, he thought, and was a bit surprised she had suggested it first. With his size, it could be hard to sneak up on things, but her slender and light physique offered to be a notable asset.

“Would you happen to have any suggestions as to where we should start looking?”

Lady!

What a gentleman she had found, and she found herself sheepish under the title. It seemed far more formal than the one she wore for Natigvik. Almost as if she was royalty. What a thought!

There are meadows and fields nearby that a herd might be grazing through. Alternatively...there are some forests back towards where I've come from. Trickier to navigate but I know there is prey filling them.

She felt a bit rambling and so for the moment she silenced herself. Toes flexed at the earth as she prepared to lead them wherever he picked.

RE: On Top of the World - Kitaro - June 23, 2022

Kitaro weighed in on his options. Glancing towards the sun, he contemplated whether he wanted to stay out in its rays for much longer. His coat had began to dry and the black fur was starting to absorb some of the stars heat. He opted for the less ideal choice, personally, but now he had an extra pair of eyes and set of legs to help. 

“I’m interested to see what that neck of the woods looks like, why don’t we see what that has in store for us today.”

If the brute was on his own, he’d have probably preferred the meadow - the open space would have been easier for him to navigate. However, the forest would provide ample shade for him to cool down - he’d figure out how to be stealthy once they got there.

Kitaro leaned into stride towards the female, slowly closing the gap between them. He grinned, “It’s been a while since I’ve had a partner in crime to help.”

RE: On Top of the World - Sakhmet - July 05, 2022

He was a kind man. Sharp in wit but not in a way that made her feel threatened. It felt very much like a...friend. Would that be the term?

If her eyes closed too long, she could picture his bulk in Natigvik, another hunter to their ranks. Another man to teach her sons and provide for any future ones.

She would not put this pressure on him. Not now.

You've been alone long then? No judgement in her tone as she guided them towards the woodlands.