Wolf RPG
Qeya River Grow up, Cheerful child - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Qeya River Grow up, Cheerful child (/showthread.php?tid=52209)

Grow up, Cheerful child - Amalia - August 12, 2022

Amalia had taken to patrolling the borders even more than she had. Her thoughts and good intentions a gentle warbling every morning that Kigipigak would return to his queen and their pack mates.

Her heart hurt for the two and she wasn't as cheerful as she had been. Realizing life really wasn't fair. She had gotten a taste when she left home, but now it was a full meal and it sucked.

She sniffed and scratched. Tore the ground. Anointed it with urine, saliva, fur and blood. Anything to keep the border fresh.

RE: Grow up, Cheerful child - Sakhmet - August 12, 2022

Amalia's hardwork was not overlooked by Sakhmet.

The woman had been the ideal body for Natigvik. A scout, a loyal body. Sakhmet wished she had more to give the woman.

She approached silently, falling in line next to the scout. Sakhmet did not know what she sought, but the company was enough to silent her heart for a few moments.

RE: Grow up, Cheerful child - Amalia - August 12, 2022

Amalia did not want for anything amongst the borders of Natigvik. There were few of them, but all hearty in mind and body. Passing souls as it were, but intertwined all the same.

Amalia had joined joyful and wary and here she stayed loyal and steadfast. Though there was a small bloom of sadness tempered her.

She felt Sahkmet before she saw her and lifted her jade gaze to her leader.

Hello Issumatar. How are you doing?

A loaded question, but Sakhmet took it for what it was.

Kindness. Respect. Concern.

Tired. She answered genuinely. I miss Moonglow in these times. A soft laugh, her head tilted to look sidelong at Amalia.

And you?

Amalia had meant nothing untoward by her question. She genuinely worried for them all.

I can certainly understand that. They are good allies.

She paused a furrow in her brow. I am worried for you, for Kivaluk, for Akkuma, but mostly i just hurt for you.

She moved and shifted a small smile on her face.

It hurt to hear. She should have expected it.

Hardening her emotions did not stop the trickles of concern for her, if anything it might amplify it — and here was faced with that.

I wish you would not have to worry. But she did not reject the kindness being shown to her. Still a thought seeped into her mind.

I have a question for you...

Amalia listened ears forward.

There was not more to be said. Sakhmet understood the question for what it was. And Amalia continued her foray.

What is your question?

When it is just you, how long do you think the trip from here to Moonglow is?

A pale brow raised with curiosity. The woman had proved herself a dependable scout, lean and quick to move across the lands.

Amalia frowned in thought, mind turning inward. She had made it in as little as three days with little rest.

Full belly, good weather and running. 3 days at most. A more leisurely pace and hunting four to five.

Amalia tilted an ear. Do you need me to run a message?

going by the old rule that depending on where you went a lone wolf would take a day to get through each territory.

I'm thinking of it. She admitted tentatively. But I'd hate to lose you here for any amount of days. A conflict most certainly.

If I did send you, it would be with at least some meat. Although I don't know if that would bog down your travels?

Amalia was thinking. Her mind turning and running amuk. She wondered at the days. She could run with meat. Add a day maybe so three would turn to 4 with one for rest she'd be gone for almost more than a week.

I could handle it as long as carried correctly. But I would still be gone for a week if not more.

I will think on it.

Perhaps Kigipigak would be back in a week anyway. She could only hope.

At the meeting, you suggested a group hunt. A slight switch in topic. Barely. But the way her words hung in the air afterward, suggested she was open to hearing what Amalia might have in mind.

Amalia nodded. We do not have many numbers but I think we could fell a deer maybe two to bolster our caches.

There were three adults and 2 adolescents who could benefit and learn from it. And it would help to keep them afloat.

Are we allied with any nearer allies?

Were they?

She thought for a moment on it before she plucked a vague memory.

Kigipigak received helped from a man of Sapphique when we were just settling here. They live on the coast, but admittedly I don't know them enough to know if they would agree. Her mind tumbled and turned with thoughts.

Do you think of yourself as an ambassador, Amalia?

[
Amalia frowned. She didn't know this pack Sapphique. But she'd be willing to find out.

Amalia nodded. I like to think so. I love helping my pack and meeting others. And i like to think i can be kind enough to draw others into conversation

She wasn't fond of constantly roaming, but it was a small thing. She'd do it if it helpwd her pack. Her new family.

RE: Grow up, Cheerful child - Sakhmet - August 13, 2022

I see these things.

She offered with a thin smile, honest but tired.

I will think on it a few days. Let things...settle. Then come to you with a task. But feel free to come to me sooner, if you need something.

Moonglow would be most trusted in these times, Sapphique was nearest to the small band. She would see what she needed most in the days to come.

She offered a polite nod, prepared to depart.

RE: Grow up, Cheerful child - Amalia - August 13, 2022

Amalia wagged her tail happy that her leader could see the things she thought she was. She was afraid for a moment, that she wasn't entirely right. Because most everyone tended to think they were better than they were. A sense of self-preservation maybe.

Amalia gave a brisk nod. Okay and please if you need anything, or just company or a listening ear. Call on me. I will be glad to help in anyway I can.

Amalia motioned the other way. I'm going to finish marking the border.