Wolf RPG
Blacktail Deer Plateau i don't pay for suits - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blacktail Deer Plateau i don't pay for suits (/showthread.php?tid=53272)

i don't pay for suits - Ingram - November 05, 2022

a wild task thread appears! if you have time ofc! <3

as the morning dawns, though the sun kept hidden by the grey, drab overcast clouds that block it out, ingram wraps up his morning patrol — lifting his leg to mark the last tree — and heads in towards the heart of the plateau. the borders are quiet, and with the most recent activity being from the two wolves that had dropped by their borders to speak to ash paw, it sets into motion an idea of tasks for the deathbringer and @Syrax.

it is the former he seeks purposefully that morning, eager to give the task he's been cultivating to allow those lingering in the druid ranks the opportunity to ascend the ranks as he did with ash paw, as he's done with his nightwife.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Syrax - November 05, 2022

always for these twooo

They moved in shifts, if they did not work together.

So as Ingram moved inland, Syrax set for outland. A convenient merging of paths in the morning light. Air cold and crisp. It was with luck they had found one another before winter, that Basilica had risen before even the first snow!

And so it was with that he greeted the Dreadfather with a warm rumbling, lowering his head with respect.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Ingram - November 06, 2022

syrax! greets the dreadfather as their paths cross; a boon as it saved ingram search time though he had assumed that he might find syrax — who appeared to run patrols opposite him — upon the borders. but! he kept in mind that syrax and deathbringer would be sought by ash paw to assist her with ...well, whatever she needed their help with.

nevertheless, he draws in a breath and makes quick work of the distance between them.

just the man i was seeking, a wily grin tugs at the edges of ingram's scarred lips. i have your task for you, to ascend the ranks ...if you are ready for it.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Syrax - November 16, 2022

The need to welcome the man jovially rivaled with the need to be respectful. Especially when the words fell from the Dreadfather's lips.

Always ready. He offered with a warm rumble. A brief nod of his head for both respect and an invitation to carry on.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Ingram - November 18, 2022

syrax's readiness and verbal confirmation of such is deeply appreciated by the dreadfather who regards him with a small tilt of his head; thinking thru his words, where he would place syrax ...ash paw had been easy enough to give a task to but he hadn't given her a choice. ingram, as he learns, considers that perhaps that was his mistake.

there are three paths you can choose from, he begins, salmon pink tongue flicking against his scarred lips before he launches into his monologue, the first: mage. workers of magicks, spiritual and natural, storytellers. the second: reconniter. the stealthy. the hunters, the scouts, the diplomats. they are trusted to keep track of the herds and run messages from myself and other packs. the third: dagger. the teeth and claws of the pack. trusted guards and front line if war finds its way to us.

he allows a moment for his monologue to sink in, for syrax to contemplate the three paths.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Syrax - November 18, 2022

His immediate answer may have been Dagger.

But he had grown beneath the banner of Basilica. He had seen plenty and still he wished to see more. He had been a knight and a diplomat in a life before this. He had been a headstrong boy who had been prepared for rough demands.

Now he wondered if his long legs and silver tongue was better suited in other manners. None less deadly but...

Reconniter.

He decided with a deep bow of his head.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Ingram - November 23, 2022

though syrax choice brings with it some surprise from the dreadfather; he will respect it. ingram knew, from experience, that choosing ones' path in life was important. a new name, a new trade. a new path of fate to walk. this, ingram knew well. intimately, even.

so it shall be. rumbles the dreadfather with a sage nod of his head. i've caught hints of a herd lingering in one of the neutral territories nearby, ingram begins. your task will be to shadow the herd for at least a day, learn their preferred grazing grounds and report back of their movements.

an easy enough task, but the initial segue into the path that each druid of basilica would come to walk. the ranks that followed would not be so easy. for now, he is content to offer easy tests of abilities to the founding druids of basilica.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Syrax - November 23, 2022

should the task be on screen or ok to be bts? :)

Shadow the herd. Learn it.

It was not such an awful thing to be tasked with. Truthfully, the solitude may do him so good. So tightly woven up in his duties and the day-to-day. This would be a chance to be himself once more.

I can leave now, He offered warmly. Eyes alight with motivation and fire.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Ingram - November 23, 2022

that is entirely up to you! you can do an actual thread, a read-only or just a bts. <3

you may leave now, or tomorrow. whenever you feel ready. there was no time frame in which he expects them to complete their tasks: only that if they wished to move up the hierarchy that they would need to be completed.

a sage nod is offered to syrax; regardless of what he decides, ingram leaves him to his decision as he heads towards the alters, itching to consult his threadbones again.

RE: i don't pay for suits - Syrax - November 28, 2022

fading! <3

Ingram left him with the choice.

Today, tomorrow. Syrax itched and new all at once that he must leave today. The carving path of Basilica was important to him. Vital, even. It kept him from going wayward.

He rumbled warm and respectful, dipping his head low and then began to move on his own path as well.