Wolf RPG
Blacktail Deer Plateau this is the end of the world you know - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Blacktail Deer Plateau this is the end of the world you know (/showthread.php?tid=54281)

this is the end of the world you know - Ingram - January 21, 2023

ingram senses the end.

basilica's numbers dwindle lower and lower.

the creeping, choking void hangs over the plateau that ingram has called home, where he was free to be himself.

a small cough pushes from betwixt his lips.

where he will go when the kingdom crumbles into the void, lost to the whispering of the plateau's trees but unremarkable and unknown to the rest of the valley: he does not know.

stubbornly, he will cling to this until the very last moment.

but he is smart enough to begin planning what his next steps would be.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Orvax - January 22, 2023

There was much change, all in different ways. Sanguinex was not the only who knew this to be true.

Change... He uttered in a hoarse tune, body taking place beside the dreadfather.

How will we go on? If they would at all.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Ingram - January 23, 2023

deathbringer, greets ingram as his dagger draws near.

the dagger poses the very question that has been plaguing ingram itself.

i do not know. ingram admits after a prolonged moment of contemplation. he is a daedra; a wild and untamed and dark thing that struggles beneath the rule of another.

but the marauder is good at playing roles, at wearing masks to ensure his own survival.

if basilica faces the neverending, devouring night there is naught we can do. aside from let the night devour. but night gives birth to a new dawn. the silver lining is there and ingram is determined to keep a weather eye upon it.

riddles upon riddles.

a not actual answer to the question posed to him. he could, after all, only know what he would do when the time came and even then: he contemplated. there was akashingo but perhaps he could branch out further. he does not know for sure. would not until he was in the moment.

a wiry smirk tugs at the dreadfather's lips. the void would not claim me while i was sick, still, a small cough lingers but he hopes soon that, too, will vanish. the end doesn't always have to be the end, dagger.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Orvax - January 25, 2023

Neither knew what would become of Basilica, but Ingram was still optimistic. Sanguinex could not admit he felt the same.

But the end didn't have to be so, says the dreadfather, which brings the white beast to think.

Basilica dwindles in number and strength. There are ways to grow. Perhaps more than he knew, but as for those he did, he would share. Traveling to recruit, or maybe even a merge. While he wasn't sure exactly who they could merge with, surely there was some place that would accept the lot of them.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Ingram - January 26, 2023

ingram draws in a soft, quiet breath; contemplative. the dagger is right β€” but again ingram questions whether it's worth it or not.

a big question heavy on his mind these days.

i doubt merging is practical, admits ingram; a simple stating of a fact. one that he is not bothered by. is it worth it? he isn't exactly looking for an answer. to stave off what is invetible? but he is questioning and thus he isn't sure.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Orvax - January 26, 2023

Maybe it isn't practical. But were most choices they made in their lives? But what is the purpose of life if to not take risks? You question if it's worth itβ€” ... How will we know if we don't try?

They had options. They needed to explore them, rather just give in to what they may assume to be their fate. We don't know yet what opportunities may await us. Maybe we just need to take the time to look and find out. But how would they do this?

A thought struck him. Send me. A less thought out thing to say, but the words were gone before he could stop them. I can search the territories closest to us and explore what our options might be. He also needed to know what to look for. If Ingram did not accept the choices he came across, it would be a failed mission before even beginning. Tell me what you would look for in a potential ally, or merge, or recruit. I will find what I can and report back to you.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Ingram - January 28, 2023

surely there had to be some amusement in the deathbringer attempting to inspire him. but ingram welcomes the switch of roles in this moment. he sees what the threadbones tell him; perhaps by nature, he is bound to see the fallout.

he fears that basilica's time is limited; that by scrounging together who they could would only prolong it's suffering.

beyond that, stirring within the depths of ingram's soul is pride for sanguinex. he believes. he is loyal. this, ingram is not blind to.

ingram is quiet for a long moment, contemplative. scouting was not deathbringer's role as dagger but syrax was not readily available β€” distant, perhaps β€” and the deathbringer was offering. reluctance digs its claws into ingram, but he fights against it.

any lone wolf would do, for recruitment. convincing them might not be easy. a soft issued warning from his own experiences; given basilica's more pious and dark nature. as for a merger ...smaller packs, ones that have less and would be more susceptible to accepting what we have to offer.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Orvax - January 31, 2023

Though Sanguinex detected slightly hesitance, or maybe even doubt, Ingram seemed on board with this idea.

Terms were provided. The white beast listened to each, nodding when the voice slowed.

I will be gone for a week, at most. He didn't intend to travel far. Not when Basilica needed him.

And I won't return without a way to keep us afloat. A hard tone, words promising something he intended to fulfill.

RE: this is the end of the world you know - Ingram - February 01, 2023

very well. ingram agrees; offering the deathbringer his blessing with a sage nod. the commanders past and voidwraiths titter in his ear, obscure things that ingram cannot make sense of.

his ear twitches, as if shooing away a bothersome fly.

a hesitation, as if not wanting to show any side of himself that cares.

be careful.