Wolf RPG
Dragoncrest Cliffs So I wait to break - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Dragoncrest Cliffs So I wait to break (/showthread.php?tid=55854)

So I wait to break - Rosalyn - April 29, 2023

She had not noticed @Ancelin’s continued presence. At the pack gathering he went unseen.

Rosalyn did not take over for @Chacal as often as she had in years past, but at times she would step in to watch @Chiro and @Chani. Only the days in which she knew them, knew the correct time and had the presence to be present.

Other days only close family was trusted and recognized. Chacal, Mireille, Val, Suzu and her brothers… but even the latter only sometimes.

Today she would see if the mother needed a break, then perhaps meet with Mireille and share time. Her daughters carried their home now. Something told her it bore upon them heavily, though her mind still shut down to think on why.

RE: So I wait to break - Mireille - May 05, 2023

can we bring to present? <3

that morning she felt dizzy and weakened in a way she had not before. mireille, fearing a sickness, had secluded herself along the corsair beach. 
but her ears heard rosalyn's step, and instinct sent her awake and toward her mother. mireille crossed the small muddy rivulet as she always had, but this day she stopped and examined how the mud squelched between her toes.
a thousand time she had walked here, but today her gorge rose so violently at the texture and sight of the oozing muck that mireille coughed, scrambling out of the water in time to be sick in the long grasses at the waterside.

RE: So I wait to break - Rosalyn - May 11, 2023

def!

As Rosalyn approached one who she identified as her younger daughter, she heard the telltale signs of sickness. She moved towards it, expression going to sympathy.

I was often sick with the spring, she said, coming alongside and resting her flank to Mireille’s. She recalled, perhaps, that her daughter wished this. She did not know if it had been successful.

RE: So I wait to break - Mireille - May 12, 2023

maman was there with her, and mireille rested her chin gratefully on the still-strong shoulder, closing her eyes for a long and silent second. "will it last long?" the young wolf asked in a voice gone quiet with thoughtfulness and a touch of fatigue.
"i cannae afford to be down for too many days," mireille declared the moment after, straightening. "it did not stop anyone else."

RE: So I wait to break - Rosalyn - May 25, 2023

It will last as long as it needs to. There will be things that will help. Just listen to what your body thinks it needs. At times certain foods had been intolerable - others ones she’d craved relentlessly. All in the family would provide.

Her mind shied some at that thought, fogging in a way that turned her instinctually away from dwelling. Things are well? Not only in health… she wished to know that her daughters were not over stressed, especially with the spring.

RE: So I wait to break - Mireille - May 31, 2023

"yes, i think so, maman. the little ones are growing, as are their older brothers and sisters. no one threatens us, and we have few visitors." mireille smirked. "the way we want it."
and yet her mind was floating, floating — she thought of her lovers, thought of val. would he change toward her as her body did? when the little ones were born would he seek to be their father, or keep his place? mireille wondered in quiet, kissing rosalyn's cheek with affection.

RE: So I wait to break - Rosalyn - June 23, 2023

It was good to hear that things were well and that she was happy. Rosalyn was tired in a deeper manner, one that was harder to describe, but something eased in hearing this. Some anxiety she hadn’t been aware was even there.

I’m glad. We couldn’t have chosen better. We… But her expression went distant, clearing slowly moments later as if shaking off a dream. They’d been speaking of something but she couldn’t recall what, and noticing that Mireille was still there, she simply smiled and belatedly returned a kiss. Come, sit with me. It was a beautiful day and she should be resting.

RE: So I wait to break - Mireille - June 23, 2023

can fade here <3 <3/

rosalyn faded for a moment, but she returned. mireille pillowed her head against her mother and spent the next hour there, talking of sobo, of loko, of coraline, of herself.
of those departed, and those present.
the sun wheeled overhead and mireille felt at peace, listening to the call of gulls and the crash of the sea against her beloved cliffside.