Wolf RPG
Neverwinter Forest tammasialuk - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Neverwinter Forest tammasialuk (/showthread.php?tid=61821)

tammasialuk - Kigipigak - June 19, 2024

Further and further he went within the forest. When the glacier due north of the village came in to view, he knew he would only have a few more hours of daylight to hunt for @Nutuyikruk. He had not found any sign of her so far and was beginning to doubt this was her path — but she was small, and likely afraid, perhaps hiding in a place that an adult might not think to look.

He called out, Nutuyikruk! Ariadne! Although there were less signs of claim here in the north of the forest, Kigipigak had to do all that he could to find girl or woman. Where had Ariadne gone, then? Had she run off with this other man so soon after dissolving their own marriage? Kigipigak would not focus on the what ifs for long; he had to find his daughter.

Nutuyikruk! It is aapa! Are you here? His voice boomed, and the clouds began to lightly weep.

RE: tammasialuk - Callyope - June 19, 2024

She could have wept to hear the Tartok man.

One who called so open and loud for child, for mother of his children. For her sister. She did not have time to cry, so the sky saw it fit to do it for her.

Kigipigak! Her own voice bellowed now, strong and pointed. Her large size came in use for times like these, where she crashed through the forests to intercept whatever path he walked.

RE: tammasialuk - Kigipigak - June 19, 2024

Someone called for him; in his eagerness he thought it was the sound of his wife (no, ex-wife) and turned and saw Callyope, choking on the taste of his own heart in his throat. Have you found her? He did not say if he meant Asivaq or Nutuyikruk. Anything. Anything to show that they were still here, still alive.

She might have stilled her face from drooping, but her eyes held all. They spoke of her apology as if she had just had a direct hand in it.

She felt as if she had failed him.

To stand here before him and know he currently had both a daughter and ex-wife missing. She did not insult him by saying that Kannoyak had gone too. Lest it conjure the wrong image.

No — She stepped closer and her voice was hushed. As if scared another child might burst through looking for Ariadne. Kigipigak I am— Her lips drew tight together and she found she could not speak it.

I will look for them both. For you. I am sorry.

She had to go brave the waters.

She was not brave.

She was unreadable, and then she held a darkness in her eyes that Kigipigak had only ever seen in his own mother; after he had fought his father, and after he had killed his father, there had been remorse there. He chose to focus on the words instead of the look upon her face — but a dread had seeded itself within him.

Do you know where Nutuyikruk might have gone? I have not been here; I do not know her favorite places, I do not know — anything. He felt defeated already but refused to succumb.

Is Ariadne looking for our daughter? Why else would she be out here? But he felt a sense of jealousy each time he found the man's scent, and he wondered.

She is a girl. Perhaps a place of hidden comfort or filled with sweets.

The girl was not her daughter and admittedly Callyope had been handling hopes of her own budding romance (family?) that she had lacked in learning.

Guilt felt like it lashed across her heart.

Even more so when he asked a question that she had no good answer for.

I am looking for her too, but...I do not know. I hope so. I do not like to think she just left.

I would rather think that than her dead.

He let out a deep, heavy noise much like a bark or a shout of frustration.

I should not have been gone. If I had been here— but there was nothing to be done. Ariadne had made her choices; she had sent him away and seemingly found another man, judging by the mingling smells of this forest. That no longer mattered. Kigipigak only knew he needed to find his daugher and if he saw his ex-wife along the way, he would give her a piece of his mind. His silence through their struggles could not continue.

Little did he know.

With a frustrated kick at some debris along the forest floor, Kigipigak outlines his plan: I will follow the paths north, and if their scents weaken I will double back again. I will not stop until we have answers, Callyope. He looked at her with such determination, it could be mistaken for rage; but then he turned and marched on, leaving Callyope to her own hunt.

She did mistake it for rage.

A righteous kind and so she did not feel upset at the sight of it. Only nodded firmly. Part of her wished to go with him but it would be foolish.

She was needed here.

For a moment she only wanted to be held and not feel so heavy, but she would not find that here. Share words with me often, Tartok man. She would not keep him from these woods or from speaking his mind. Especially not in these circumstances.

She would let him go and she would turn to begin her own long walk.