Wolf RPG
Moonspear searching for spirits - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Moonspear searching for spirits (/showthread.php?tid=62197)

searching for spirits - Aiolos - July 28, 2024

For any and if not, can be a read only.

When the Sunman left, he did so in the deep early hours of morning. The world was pitch black, quiet, savor the scurrying of little creatures in the underbrush. He headed from home without so much as a word. It took some days of convincing and some working up to it, but Aiolos always listened to his wife and would do so now. He kissed the top of her head and left, following the path which @Kukutux had set - Moonspear. 

When he arrived on their borders, he did not call. He rubbed his body along the trees and rocks, as a silent acknowledge of his arrival for his daughter and son (and the daughter of their dear Shikoba). If he heard or smelt someone in the distance, he would turn the other way before he was close enough to see them. 

When the sun rose he had made it to a place of hot waters. Springs hidden within the mountains. It must have been the place his wife had mentioned. She knew the lands well, having lived here for years past, in a life long gone. Aiolos slipped into the hot springs, exiting a groan of relief it did to his tired, worn muscles and joints. The Sunman watched the sun rise silently, wondering when the spirits might show themselves to him and what then they would have to say.

RE: searching for spirits - Killdeer - July 30, 2024

He hadn't spent much time at the hot springs, and he hadn't intended to this morning—but an unfamiliar smell brought him off the beaten path of his patrol. Killdeer cut through the trees and emerged, finding a fiery-pelted man submerged in the waters.

He was not a spirit—far from it. But he did have a fair bit to say.

Can I. . .help you? he asked, already bristling slightly. He wasn't sure if he knew this man, and the smell of sulfur clouded any scent-pattern he could use for identification. That said, the wolf wasn't bothering anyone, and Killdeer had the high ground.

Stiff-legged, he stood above the pools, looking down and waiting with somewhat bated breath for the answer.

RE: searching for spirits - Aiolos - August 02, 2024

A man comes. Of black and red and tan... he holds the power of prime adulthood Aiolos once had. Strong and filled with life and energy. 

The Sunman tips his head up to the rise, who stood there bristled and with question. I don't think that anyone can... He murmurs, amber eyes cast back from the wolf and onto the landscape around them. 
Aiolos was not much of a mountain wolf. It had taken some time to be a forest wolf within the valley of his home, even. 

My daughter will welcome me in her land, I think... And then a deep sigh. I wont be long.

RE: searching for spirits - Killdeer - August 06, 2024

That did nothing whatsoever to allay his concerns, and he only relaxed somewhat when the man mentioned his 'daughter.' Sialuk? Killdeer asked for confirmation. He was here in case this man was a threat, but if not, he was more than happy to be a sounding board.

Because this dude sounded a little fucked in the brain? But maybe that was just old age. Not that he was much of a spring chicken anymore. . .

What's goin' on? he continued, mentally batting away the existential crisis that came with thoughts of the passage of time. I'm a good listener, or so they say.

RE: searching for spirits - Aiolos - August 11, 2024

Yes. Aiolos answered the man, who wanted to be certain that Aiolos meant no threat to those within his home. Maybe Killdeer was new? Maybe Aiolos scent was masked by the steamy hot waters around them? After all, the Moon villages all had an open door policy with one another and though Aiolos was more of the 'backstage' leader of he and his wife, most tended to know the Sunman by description alone. 

My wife brings me here with the hope I am to find peace. That the spirits might speak to him, guide him, ensure him that his daughter rest happily in the dancing lights... We've lost one of our daughters recently... A second year, a second daughter's death. 

Aiolos was a rather quiet man on a regular day. This day was ten fold, but it seemed Killdeer wasn't going anywhere until he was certain it was safe to do so.

RE: searching for spirits - Killdeer - August 11, 2024

Killdeer nodded in confirmation, but his cordial look was soon replaced by one of condolence as the man spoke of his loss.

I'm so sorry, he replied, slowly shaking his head. He stared down at the hot water, then tilted his gaze back toward the red man. Would you like me to keep you company, or would you rather be alone?

He'd remain nearby just in case, but it was clear the wolf was no threat. Sialuk's dad, and husband to. . .Kukutux? Yes, that was her name. He was happy to be a shoulder to cry on if needed, but he'd let the man take the lead regarding his grieving and spirit-searching.

RE: searching for spirits - Aiolos - August 24, 2024

Aiolos wouldn't ask the man to leave even if he would wish it. He was far too polite and respectful to do so, especially in the dark wolf's own home. You can stay, of you don't mind the quiet... Talking about it, speaking on his feelings, it was never Aiolos' way. Though maybe having the other wolf sticking around was for the best. His presence would keep Aiolos grounded, keep his thoughts from slipping into the darkest parts of his memories. Aiolos took a deep breath and sigh, but said no more. 

last for me!

RE: searching for spirits - Killdeer - August 25, 2024

You got it, Killdeer replied, and began to step into the warm water, a brief, blissful sigh escaping his muzzle as the hot springs enveloped his body. Any lingering tension in his muscles eased; his mind began to wander, soothed by the steam.

I'm here for you, he said quietly. His eyes lit on Aiolos, trying to comfort. We are here for you.

And then, as requested, he lapsed into silence, enjoying the peaceful waters beside the man that could well be his father-in-law.

It was, surprisingly, not awkward at all. At least for him.