Wolf RPG
Two Eyes Cenote Ikaheka - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Naaghai Lowlands (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=376)
+---- Forum: Muat-riya (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+---- Thread: Two Eyes Cenote Ikaheka (/showthread.php?tid=62553)

Ikaheka - Eset - August 31, 2024

EDITED c: <3 keeping vague!

@Medusa.”

Three times she had lulled outside the hemet’s bedchamber, twice thinking better of disturbing her. But as the hebsut lapped the palace for a third time, she stopped short outside the room.

Here was a woman with some knowledge or another of poison. Here was a woman who had not yet been absolved of the heinous murder of a young boy.

Was she not a more worthy test subject than the sesh herself?

Her heart pounds. She thinks again of turning away. Instead she stays put, chin wenched high.

RE: Ikaheka - Medusa - September 09, 2024

Muat Riya was in a tizzy. There was a new occupant of their cells, and Medusa lurked to try and listen. And pray for his soul. But she wasn’t able to get much information—she was no longer trusted. Fuckers.

Bored out of her ever loving mind, Medusa thought to go to Akashingo and relationship build with the King Consort and Pharaoh. She wanted some sort of job, and here… here, it all had kind of gone to shit too quickly. A puppy murderer was more liked than her, but Medusa still never delivered Qiao’s name to any. Maybe the woman had cursed her, who knew? 

Fuck. It was definitely working if so. Nothing else shitty seemed to be happening… unless…

Her mind fell to the prisoner. And it was then Eset said her name—Medusa blinked four times in shock, flinching in shock. Shit. I didn’t even hear you, and she rose to a stand. Medusa waffled for a moment, not knowing what to do next—she had a penchant for pissing people off. And she definitely didn’t want to do that, not now.

…how can I help you? she probably couldn’t, she realized, given she couldn’t even help her damn self.

RE: Ikaheka - Eset - September 09, 2024

She enters brusquely, eyes tracking around the room before landing pointedly upon Medusa.

Medusa. They were not so different– in age, in… breed. Still, the very sight of her summons revulsion.

“Look– I have no time to sugarcoat things, hemet Medusa,” she begins, a leap of flame meeting the still blue water of the pale woman's eyes. “Someone has been leaving a substance veiled as a gift on our borders. It would not be so great a worry, except that the doctor cannot determine exactly what is in it. To find out, she wants to ingest it– which I abhor the very idea of. Muat-riya cannot be without the good health of our sole physician.” Eset’s eyes are steady.

“Thus, I am in search of a volunteer, someone who will agree to sample the substance and report its effects.” She ignores how discourteous the inquiry is. No matter her personal feelings, she would never seek to belittle the important work of the hemet. Only– by her estimation, all others within Muat-riya were soldered to their positions here; mothers, fathers, guardians, children. She could not have known the very woman she spoke to now had birthed a litter only days prior, and was still healing from her procedures.

Among the lot of Muat-riya, Eset could only identify two suitable examinees. Medusa was one of them.

RE: Ikaheka - Medusa - September 09, 2024

Medusa was interested immediately. Unable to read the room, she couldn’t see the extent of Esets feelings toward her… but it didn’t take a rocket scientist to recognize there was some dislike there. Medusa would feel more concerned if there was no undercurrent of that tension. She’d know then that no one here really held any regard for the safety of their Pharaoh. Someone had to be under the fire—how to prove, though, that it shouldn’t be her? 

Eset was kind enough to provide a way, albeit a risky one. Still, Medusa had eaten her fair share of unsavory shit to figure out what it would do. And some was learned under the tutelage of the priests and priestesses of that faraway place, for ritual. 

Give it here then, Medusa said with a tilt of her head, thin grin widening. Shit, maybe a side effect would be to dry up her fuckin teats for good. Not that she needed to worry about that this very second, having utilized the herbs Tavina had given her.

RE: Ikaheka - Eset - September 11, 2024

Relief, legible in the air and in the subsiding roll of the hebsut’s shoulders. Her eyes cannot help but hold curiously and long upon the young woman's stoicism. It is the fellahin who are subject to experimentation as a final line of defense between Pharaoh and her offenders. The coy had truthfully anticipated a lash-back, not this quick acquiescence.

But Eset made no move to question it now.

“I will come to you tonight,” she whispers to the hemet with a softening nod and falls away into shadow.

It was beneath the quiet fall of night that she returned, girded in satchels of water, herbs and small bundles of assorted other accoutrement. Swiftly she set to work, softening the hemet’s stone flooring with prey-pelts and organizing stacks of flora and medicinal herbs to temper possible side effects. Heaping amounts of fresh water was provided, as were sticks to gnaw in the advent of pain. They did not know what to expect, so she prepared for a bit of everything.

Medusa is instructed to sit and take in plenty of fresh water, to alleviate herself before-hand. They must remain quiet. Eset was anticipating impugnation from the doctor, but not until after the effects were documented.

The potent substance sat untouched in it’s wrappings beneath the hebsut’s paw. There was a long moment of hesitation where guilt settled like a knot in the core of her belly. Even if she cast doubt on the pale woman's character, this was not a risk she should have asked of any other but herself. Eset's worried eyes reach across the room to the hemet, desperate now to glean the truths in her mind and volleying a tight reluctance to go through with it all.

“I have asked, but I will not force this upon you, Medusa. There are so many risks,” her voice falls, glancing sidelong at the preparations, then slowly up once more. 

“Are you certain you will do this?”