Wolf RPG
Lion Head Mesa out of sight - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Kintla Flatlands (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Forum: Akashingo (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=317)
+---- Thread: Lion Head Mesa out of sight (/showthread.php?tid=62722)

out of sight - Racharra - September 10, 2024

mb with the royal puppies/ogre puppies? or both litters!!! if not, RO, just a lil update thread <3

as things get rowdier in the palace each day the pups of the palace grow, racharra's own mind grows quieter.

but things had gotten even rowdier as of late — greatwater's ogres had arrived, motherless. it was a relief at first, to not have to look zharille in the eyes again, as three ogres would have been enough. but pity soon replaced that relief for history had repeated itself. at the very least, they had their father and would be given the same chance she had been, by mercy of Pharoah. she couldn't stand to look at them just yet, nor would she ever claim them as family. she didn't pity them that much.

the nebet pokes her head into the nursery where the royals were kept.
she thought she would've hated them. maybe even forced herself to hate them. but when passing through and seeing their innocent faces, racharra softened. but she never approached. not until now, and not without hesitance and reconsideration.

RE: out of sight - Toula - September 10, 2024

she had awaited this day! the Pharaoh did not wish to push, or press, the young Nebet to go where she was not ready to be. but seeing her face illuminated by a halo of slanted sun rays behind her caused the Pharaoh to thank Ra. she had longed for it more fiercely than Toula had even recognized, knowing such only now that Racharra was here.
my girl! Toula called warmly, inviting her nearer! still, though, she would not push.

RE: out of sight - Racharra - September 10, 2024

when toula's sing-song rung in racharra's ears did she knew she was welcomed to enter. each step careful yet graceful in the way a nebet should, there's still caution in racharra.
they're quite hyper. will that change or stay? racharra chuckles. and who did they get it from?

RE: out of sight - Toula - September 11, 2024

she cannot help but laugh at the truth in those words. her children did have endless energy, and now that they had found their feet they sought to show all they might come across as much! I do not yet know, she admitted, her children scampering behind her and distracted by the latest gift delivered to them. in time, they would turn their eyes to Racharra too—but Toula enjoyed this moment between them, even as one ear backturned to listen to the joyous noise that erupted from her cubs. 
their childhood would be different from the rest, different even from her next broods upbringing perhaps. among her fledglings might be her heir, but she and her husband discussed not being so quick to name them. Toula had recounted to him the story of @Makono, and how it had been her brother @Siptah first named! for all of that, both had gone—but the memory retold by @Senmut had made an impression upon her. 
who did they get it from? Toula smiled, recounting her own childhood. imagining, too, her husband as a cub. Toula patted the earth covered in rich furs, and only when Racharra had joined her there did Toula whisper, as though conspiring, my husband, I think! I have heard tell of him being quite mischievous as a boy… Toula’s eyes twinkled. but she continued, ah—but my brother and I, we were both tireless. the fellahin had their paws full, and so Toula knew that this energy came from the both of them, and as she regarded her brood Toula smiled. what else of them did they carry?

RE: out of sight - Racharra - September 13, 2024

would her own children have her temper? or lack-thereof. racharra tightened her lips, trying to recall her own childhood memories. for sure she was never as rowdy the royal children are, she was their age when she arrived to akashingo. maybe she could've been, but she could only vaguely recall how she lived her days before akashingo. though even her first months in akashingo were starting to fade. its a miracle she could even remember drusk and liezhal. miho's young face becomes more and more a distant memory. racharra tempers a frown; she prays nothing of the sort ever befalls the royals, or the ogres.

the fellahin must feel relief then, after having so much on their hands to be given happier days now under your rule. though now they have a new workload to deal with. it sounded just right for both of them to have stirred so much trouble in their youth (rashepses especially). their children were already following their parent's lineage just by existing as they are.
curiosity gets the best of her. what was i like as a child?