Wolf RPG
Two Eyes Cenote echinopsis - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Naaghai Lowlands (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=376)
+---- Forum: Muat-riya (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=386)
+---- Thread: Two Eyes Cenote echinopsis (/showthread.php?tid=62759)

echinopsis - Kheti - September 12, 2024

set sometime after Safiya leaves and before the mazoi march

"Tiye?" the boy called into the darkness. The sun was setting earlier, the nights becoming colder, and he wished jadedly he was curled in the furs of his bed. Yet here he stood, at the doors of @Tiye's chambers, the pelt of a desert weasel bundled carefully in his jaws. It's brown furs were ticked with white, something the boy thought made it appear rather regal if used as a scarf or a shawl.

In it were swaddled sun-dried cacti flowers and blue bunting feathers, gifts carefully procured for Safiya that he now wished to offer the viper. Khusobek's punishment was gruelling and one he did not envy and he thought, stupidly, that a collection of pretty things might cheer her up

At least, that had always been her currency..

RE: echinopsis - Tiye - September 12, 2024

tiye had been sprawled on her bed for the past half-hour, rotting atop it as her muscles finally stopped screaming. she'd considered herself active up until now, yet her punishment had shown her otherwise. and she wasn't happy.

and she also wasn't very happy because someone dared ruined her rest — kheti carried a bundle of gifts. her eyes only softened at the sight, and though her body refused to move her lips certainly didn't. you should've saved those for when i graduate to a proper fellahin. but bring it closer! i can't see from here! she invites him in, craning her head to steal a closer look at what he'd brought.

RE: echinopsis - Kheti - September 13, 2024

There had been no ceremony, no extravagant feast to announce he and Kiyya's rise to mazoi. But, for once, Kheti didn't care. The days were long and stressful as they prepared to march, and often he would return with legs caked in sand and dust. He had cleaned them thoroughly - obviously - and felt an immense weight lift off his shoulders as he trotted inside at Tiye's invitation. He entered not as a mazoi, but as a brother.

"Who says you're not?" he teased, drawing nearer and carefully depositing the bundle a little ways from her bed. "Papa's got you working like one already. Hey - no peeking!" Moving his body to block Tiye's prying eyes, he removed a set of cobalt blue feathers and began to carefully weave them into his scarlet fur. A painted turtle shell came next, stuffed full of colourful dried flowers which he adorned his tail with. Finally, he draped the weasel fur around his neck and plonked the shell atop his head, ears flopping under its weight.

Turning to his sister, he struck a wobbly pose. "Thought I'd demonstrate them first. Look - even the bag can be worn!" He gestured to the pelt with a paw. The feathers would have perfectly matched Safiya's eyes, but Tiye didn't need to know that. "Whaddaya think?"

RE: echinopsis - Tiye - September 13, 2024

you're right. i've always been a real fellahin. i was it when i was born. though maybe if she were uglier, that wouldn't have happened. she tries not to linger on it while closing her eyes and waiting for kheti to finish whatever it was he wanted to surprise her with. it was stupid, and she probably should've just stolen a peek, but somehow she was far too tired to boss him around.

she opens her eyes on cue, and her cheeks first puff up suddenly. lavender eyes bulge under the pressure, but tiye isn't a dam. a cackle bursts out from the girl, leaving her breathless. BAHAHAH!! oh kheti.. oh brother of mine.. she snickers, as she gathers some of the gift. this is in need of a restyling. first, that stupid shell. she does kheti the service of lifting it off his head and placing it gently. this would be no hat unless the summer days are truly unbearable — and for that she'd just stay inside. no, this would make perfect for carrying water to and from the palace. mostly perfect, anyways. next, the shawl. it was pretty, absolutely, but it was far too hot in muatriya for this. she drapes it gently inside of the shell, making sure to not let it touch the red sand.

hm. the flowers and the feathers were much more to her tastes, even if blue wasn't her color. she takes some feathers and some flowers from his tail and mane, and begins to mix them in with one another. they're much better when paired together than when separated. only she would've known that though, and tiye steps back to look at her handiwork.

there. bah! you're ready to be a fellahin now — the royal princes would rip each other's heads off for your hand. the princesses too. maybe especially the princesses. you can thank me later~