Wolf RPG
Redhawk Caldera I guess time just makes fools of us all - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Great Bear Wilderness (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Brecheliant (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=325)
+---- Thread: Redhawk Caldera I guess time just makes fools of us all (/showthread.php?tid=62763)

I guess time just makes fools of us all - Iope - September 12, 2024

leader vis (@Kivaluk @Maia) but all welcome to brecheliant :)

she found herself growing awfully tired of this wandering around business.

it was good to keep seeing new places. it was nice to collect stories with her but...well, it was starting to show that she had no business being on her own. she also had not missed the chill in the air, especially when a misting of rain began to sweep through the winds.

she promised herself that if this place was good — if they liked her — then she'd settle down.

her voice was a warm addition to the chilled air, asking for company at their borders.

RE: I guess time just makes fools of us all - Maia - September 13, 2024

Maia attended to the call as quickly as she could, but ruefully eyeing the sky as she bustled towards the border. Today was the sort of day to remain tucked next to Eljay, warm and dry in the comfort of the family den. It was quieter now with their grandchildren outgrowing it, but on a day like today, it was likely a few of them would take the invitation to stay in the warm and dry as well. Who was out wandering?

Her question was fairly quickly answered. A younger woman, lovely, was waiting for her. Hello! Welcome. I’m Maia, and this is Brecheliant. Did… you need something? She smiled affably, curious what had brought her here. They were not a popular spot for travelers, tucked away down as they were, but this suited Maia well. Still… it was nice, seeing a new face every so often.

RE: I guess time just makes fools of us all - Iope - September 13, 2024

the woman who answered was larger and a bit older. both of these things somehow pushed her into a state of ease. not so terrified of who or what she had stumbled upon.

maybe the first time had been a fluke and everywhere else was kinder, warmer.

hi! she chirped brightly. i’m iope and i was hoping to learn more about here — brecheliant. i’d like to settle down, actually. if it seems like a good match!

her smile was warm, but a touch timid. too worried to get her hopes up just yet.

Maia’s maternal instincts had gotten her into trouble before, not that she regretted it. She still occasionally wondered about, and worried after, the girl who had taken refuge with them months ago, even with her actions towards Moonspear. This girl’s timid smile made her want to immediately sweep her in and introduce her to Chickadee. She looked like they might be similar ages.

Of course! Maia checked the impulse and instead responded with matched enthusiasm. Their family was wonderful but also small; it would maybe be good for Amalia, too, to have a friend who wasn’t necessarily a Blackthorn. And who didn’t constantly get too swept up in family, she thought ruefully, thinking about how long it had been since they’d truly caught up.

For the moment, however, Iope needed her focus. We’re a relatively small pack right now. I’m the Auspex, or leader, but my daughter’s mate leads with me as a Raven. My husband, their family, and another woman named Amalia all live here. It’s a quiet place, but anyone who joins is considered family if they want to be. Maia smiled and paused, catching herself before she launched into too much and didn’t allow room for questions. Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

it sounded rather whimsical. small and hushed. family and a few friends, although they’d be considered like family.

auspex! raven!

there was a storybook feeling here that she wanted to hold onto. it gave a warmth throughout her that made the misty rain seem less terrible.

i’m not much of a guardian and a real half-hearted hunter, she revealed with a small laugh, paw tentatively twisting in the dirt. but i like meeting new faces and finding stories to share.

she knew it was not much to offer. especially when the air turned cold and eventually winter would loom.

does brecheliant have a place for people like that, too?

Her heart! Maia could have cried, hearing her ask that, if she wasn’t way too aware of how strange that would be for the poor girl. It wasn’t Iope’s fault she echoed so many of Maia’s own insecurities.

Oh, sweetheart. Of course there’s a place for you here. She couldn't prevent the endearment from slipping out, strange or not. This felt so much like speaking with one of her daughters. We don’t have any need for fighting here, and stories are invaluable as far as I’m concerned. It’s been too long since I’ve been able to collect any new ones myself. She laughed a bit, saying this. I’m sure Kivaluk would love to teach you what he knows about hunting. But some of us just do the best we can.

Her best rarely meant impressive, and Maia should probably look to getting lessons herself someday. Somehow, though, spending her days trying to get better at something she didn’t enjoy much felt it would be more of a waste. As long as Maia did well enough to keep them fed, that was really all that mattered. She could hardly ask for more from any of them.

she had not anticipated how easy it might be to feel welcomed. she had not seen her mother in years at this point, but it felt like a mother bringing her home. the term of endearment was just kindling for a warm heart.

i’m happy to learn what i can! she promised this with a wide smile and a newfound hope. she knew that if she never improved, well, at least she’d be understood.

i’d really love to stay. i can gather all sorts of new stories for you. i even have some i could tell whenever you’re ready.

her tail had picked up a quick beat behind her. little droplets sent side to side through misty air.

she was glad it was already wet outside. in case she cried from relief or any other bursting emotion within her.

I can’t wait to hear them! And would be happy to return the favor. I’m sure my kids have gotten sick of some of my stories by now, so it will be nice to have a fresh audience. Maia shifted and invited Iope to join her. Here, let’s get out of this rain. Once it’s done I can show you around if you’d like.

There were dens that were nearer than where the Blackthorn den was and, for now, Maia would lead her there. There were a million questions bouncing around in her thoughts about who Iope was and how she’d come to be on Brecheliant’s doorstep, but all of them felt incredibly personal.

Have you traveled many places? She finally asked, choosing to play it safe. It was a question that could be answered with as much detail as Iope wished.

I love her so much <3 ahh! I’m fine to continue this or fade it, whichever you prefer