Wolf RPG
Ocean's Breath Plateau chamak - Printable Version

+- Wolf RPG (https://wolf-rpg.com)
+-- Forum: In Character: Roleplaying (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Sequoia Coast (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Moontide (https://wolf-rpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=363)
+---- Thread: Ocean's Breath Plateau chamak (/showthread.php?tid=63008)

chamak - Aditya - October 10, 2024

aditya had seen much and traveled far, but the great white north had always been beyond his reach. tonight, though, the north—in some small sense—had come to him.

some called them kiubiyaq or aqsarnirq; others simply the 'dancing colors.'

they pulsed and shivered above his head, brighter than he had ever seen them before. as he reached the western border of moontide, he turned his nose upward and watched them, his eyes a rose-gold reflection of their hues.

arjun had not been found, and he'd done his best. his exhausted paws had brought him here at last after working every angle he could think of. and while his journey had allowed him to see old friends and faces, the one he truly sought was not among them.

had he returned? he skimmed the nearest scent marking with his muzzle, seeking his son there and finding no trace.

adi loosed a disappointed huff of air and called for @Rodyn and @Chakliux, feeling the weariness settle into the very marrow of his bones. at least his grandchildren would be a comfort and joy.

RE: chamak - Rodyn - October 11, 2024

As the journey wasn't far. Rodyn had returned to keep an eye on Moontide in his absence
He had freshened some markers when he realized there were traces of wolves past his borders. One he recognized had been among his ilk before. But he wasn't sure if they were old.

So it was with surprise and trepidation he answered the call at his borders. He did not have long to stand on ceremony before he spoke quickly.

Aditya! It is good to see your face, but I'm afraid I can't stand on ceremony. Welcome back! I scented that a man we banished for hurting his wife has come back. It was days ago judging by scent markers, but I have to check. Would you like to rest or can you come with me?

RE: chamak - Aditya - October 12, 2024

gotcha!

he hadn't realized the bulk of the pack was away on the great hunt, but it didn't matter, anyway, as rodyn came to meet his summons. aditya gave the man a nod of greeting and turned a careful ear to his words, a frown tugging at his lips at the news he received.

i'll come with you, he said, even though just the word 'rest' had him wanting to scream for a quiet, warm bed. this seemed serious enough to push through discomfort.

what do you know about this man? adi continued as they walked on. trepidation entered his voice as he added, upon further thought, is he simply cruel, or does he pose a real threat?

at his best, he'd not been a skilled fighter—but at least it was two on one, should they encounter the stranger.

RE: chamak - Rodyn - October 14, 2024

Rodyn wished now they hadn't been. He had yet to see what damage was done. And he wasn't sure what he would find at Red Leaf and Gehlans home.

An ugly look stole across Rodyns face. Anger and shame interview. And disgust.

He is a coward who attacks his wife amd scares his son. And when he is confronted he does not fight like a man. He goes for children and those weaker than him. He is deplorable. And I am not a violent man. But we should have killed him not banished him.

Rodyn made a soft sound. I must warn you Aditya. I don't know what we will find when we go to where his former wife and son stay. I don't know if he has done anything to them. I only noticed his scent just now when I cam this way.

RE: chamak - Aditya - October 16, 2024

adi stiffened with each word, brow furrowing with the utmost concern. not a little fear coursed through him, too. he'd heard a bit of this tale, but had thought it over with the man banished.

evidently, things were not over.

well, let's see what we find, aditya murmured, barely audible—at least to himself—above the sudden hard hammer of his heartbeat.

i didn't find dutch, he added, glancing to rodyn. i'm assuming he hasn't returned. how are simbelmyne and the children?

RE: chamak - Rodyn - October 18, 2024

Rodyn saw the way his words made the man felt. And he understood. He too had been horrified with how Cen had acted.

Rodyn nodded. I will go looking for him when winter is not so close I promise.

Rodyn shifted and began a trek along the borders towards the home of Ghelan.

I believe brave one went with his dad so we can do a discovery in this

RE: chamak - Aditya - October 19, 2024

he noticed his question went unanswered, but paid it no heed; the man's mind was clearly—and rightfully—focused on the threat to their pack. as they approached the den, the mingled scents grew stronger—and adi recognized that of the young brave one's, too.

. . .trailing away?

anyone here? aditya called out, slowly moving toward the small hollow where the boy made his home. he was only somewhat familiar with the youngster from various, sporadic interactions. brave one?

he pulled his head from the den and looked at rodyn, frowning. his scent leads that way, adi remarked, nodding down the path. as do the others.

had brave one been taken—or gone willingly? there was, after all, no sign of a struggle.

RE: chamak - Rodyn - October 22, 2024

Rodyn realized to late that he had not answered. So he did. Simbelmyne is struggling. She does not eat or rest. I worry for her. The children seem okay, but they worry after her. She has gone tot he hunt. I hope that with all the people and healers it may make a difference.

Rodyn felt his heart clench as he realized the boy wasn't here. But it didn't seem to be a violent removal. He sighed.

I should have made more stay here. HE was too young to remember. He probably went willingly. Or he was to scared to fight back.

Rodyn frowned in thought. I will have to report this to @Kukutux and @Aiolos.

Rodyn sighed and rubbed a paw along his brow. When was too much, too much?