Firestone Hot Springs untamed domain
✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
All Welcome 
Her ranging continued onward, pressing north, yet east most hours of most days. Sometimes the paths meandered more, but on the whole, she was content as long as she could keep moving somehow and in some way. This time of year, none of the routes were as fast as she liked. With this much snow piled up everywhere and the cold winds quite unforgiving, she knew they fought against her every step of the way.

She tried to follow trails traveled by others when she could find them--wolves or any other creatures with four enough feet to make prints. She wasn't picky, but she just got tired of carving out her own sometimes. As such, a fresh, powdery, deep meadow of snows was getting to her when she found this blessing that she almost couldn't believe. Jomyo breathed deep a warm, damp air and savored it--perhaps the most pleasant thing she'd felt all day.

On delicate, light steps, she went closer to the heart of the hot springs without any hesitation, hungry for the relief sheltered here.
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Raid is beginning to think she has commitment issues. Pack commitment issues, to be exact. Perhaps, it has something to do with her amnesia - maybe her lack of memories is forcing her to go on the move - on a search to find herself and her lost memories. A part of her, a small part, knows it is probably reasonable to do that, knows it's the most viable option if she wishes to become who she was, no, become full again. A whole wolf. Raid knows, is 99% sure that Grayday will permit that if she tells him about her plans. She's scared, though. Nervous and unsure. She's rarely been one to act before thinking all her options through when it comes to something like this which is why important decisions like this, especially in regards to her personal health, tend to take ages to make.

Raiden's become detached lately from Morningside. Not that she's been very attached in the beginning, anyway. It's sad, worrying, perhaps, but there is a certain comfort in it. A very sad, depressing comfort, but a comfort nonetheless in knowing that she won't be breaking any hearts by leaving. Won't be breaking a lot of trust - there isn't a lot to begin with, anyhow. 

Raid stands on the edge of the territory, staring absentmindedly into the distance as thoughts swirl like a slow-building whirpool in her head. She scratches at the ground somewhat nervously before casting wary glances around. Noting the absence of anyone, she pads over the borders and into the direction of the hot springs, yearning for a bit of alone time. Maybe the heat would clear her mind. And if not, well, she could wander blindly amidst the steam for a bit - maybe that'll do something. Anything. Maybe meet someone cute, god knows I need that.

The journey doesn't take too long, though by the time she arrives, Raid can feel her paws aching just the slightest. Shrugging the tension off her shoulders, the chocolate sprite makes her way immediately towards the heart of the hot springs where she would be surrounded on all sides by delicious heat. And maybe it's the eagerness to get to the springs, or the hollowness in her chest, or the fact that she's been daydreaming but somehow she crashes hard, straight into another solid furry body.

Raiden is tiny, so she stumbles from the impact, loses her footing and falls hard onto the ground. A grunt of pain slips past her lips as she collides with the ground.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Here on the backend of wintertime, she swiftly found she was not adjusted to this much humidity. The haze it hung heavy on the air, although pleasant and warm, did little to keep her senses sharp. All she could feel was vaguely damp and smell was warm water, and being a touch distracted by all of this, she did not catch onto the approach of another soon enough. Not until they crashed, and Jomyo felt a startled little yelp rise out of her before she could even think to catch it.

She stumbled back, hackles rising while trying her best to first, find out who this was! and second, keep all of her feet beneath her. Easy enough to want that, especially on sore feet and worn muscles, less easy to actually have it play out. She had not been at all ready for something like this and was swiftly looking to correct this before it could get worse.

The scout scrabbled around enough to mostly keep upright, but once she steadied out again, she was a little ruffled up about this. "Hey!" she barked out in a general sense, then turned to eyeball the stranger--unsure of what to do with a wolf that had literally appeared out of the hot springs mist, and a bit frustrated by being so surprised. "Are you alright? Where did you even come from?" she asked, less startled, more.. curious as she leaned in to gawk back at her new, sudden company.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
The pain fades rather quickly but Raiden still has to blink to clear the haziness from her vision, and even when she sees the girl she'd bumped into, there is still a ringing in her ears. The medic screws her eyes shut and grimaces for a second, waiting for the noise to fade out. Her hearing returns just in time to catch the 'are you alright' from the other. "Yeah," Raid picks herself up and dips her head in an apology, tail flicking between her ankles hesitantly. "Sorry about that. I'm not usually this clumsy. I was wandering around, and kinda lost track of my surroundings."

Raiden blinks at the other girl and really looks at her. She likes the other girl's eyes, she decides quickly enough, they're pretty, not like her own. And she's colourful, which is not something you could easily say about Raid. The healer is just a mixture of dark brown and ebony hairs, with eyes of paler brown to match. She's plain, always has been. Suddenly self-conscious, Raiden averts her eyes and stares at some random spot on the stranger's left paw. "I'm Raiden, by the way."

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
Enough adrenaline from the crash and the subsequent startling kept her buzzing neatly along, but soon, she felt her ears fan outward after the stranger apologized. But, at least she was alright. She looked okay so far. Well, not that Jomyo could be the best judge of it--she'd never seen this wolf before, so really knew better than to think she knew what was normal for her and not. Yet the point remained, at first glance, she seemed fine. A little shaken up, but fine. "It's okay.. just startled me, really. I've never been here before.. didn't know where I should be looking either, honestly," she said, giving a small shake of her head to try to take some of the weight of the blame off her sudden company's dark shoulders; Jomyo was scolding herself for letting it happen, too, anyway. She just did so quietly. "Plus it's pretty disorienting, especially at first and all." she mentioned, swinging her nose around to the humid, swirling mists that draped their very air before returning to the face of the other wolf.

But really, the scout was fine too.. now that it was settled and she was feeling much less ruffled. She would survive. "I'm Jomyo," she returned with, and immediately filed the name Raiden away with a quick nod and straightening her stance just barely. "Glad you're good, though. Do you live near here?" she asked, inevitably enough, especially since she had a lot she wanted to find out about this area, and only a few small leads on where to look.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
A somewhat relieved smile flashed through Raid's countenance at the stranger's words and her muscles, formerly tense beneath her chocolate coat, relaxed visibly. "Yeah," Raid agreed quietly, canting her head thoughtfully as she regarded the stranger with inquisitive amber eyes - scanning her quickly then realising exactly what she was doing and immediately averting her gaze, a heat crawling unabashedly up her neck (not entirely due to the hot springs, either).

"Raiden," the aspiring healer smiled softly at Jomyo, glad to have something to talk about. "Nice to meet you, Jomyo." The name rolled nicely off her tongue, but the girl had no idea if she was saying it right or not. Raid hoped she was, but really, she didn't know - despite being able to speak several languages, she really wasn't all that good with them. "Kind of. I live in a place called Blacktail Deer Plateau with the pack." Her pack? Ugh. That's confusing. I really need to get myself together - am I with them, or do I need to leave??? Fuckk.

✰✰✰
229 Posts
Ooc — b.
The ambar was used to hearing her name on all sorts of tongues. A tiny piece of her could enjoy the lilt of it, flavored by all sorts of accents and tones, and she nodded her head in quick reply as if to say likewise with a little tail wag to match, Despite circumstance, it was nice to meet her--although she had been ready to be thankful for any kind of friendly face. She was easing down and out enough to find her favorable company.. and definitely the most interesting she had come across yet today.

"Kind of?" she asked with a curious tone, her interests peaked but not demanding in any way. Suddenly she wondered if Raiden was a scout too, and by kind of, it meant she only stayed there sometimes. Or who knew. The situation was not hers to judge but she wasn't going to complain if she could find out more. Regardless, the name of a place certainly stuck with her.  "I'm guessing that's by the mountains, right? I'm heading that way to look for Northstar Vale, actually.." she mentioned, hazarding that a plateau in the name meant a real plateau and presumably there was only the one set of mountains up ahead. "I'm from Tindómë.. It's pretty far south of here so I don't really get up this way much." She knew very little by name in the area for now although she was painfully eager to change this.