Duskfire Glacier get a condom for your heart
100 Posts
Ooc —
Away
All Welcome 
thinking maybe one of the siblings she hasn't had much contact with (@Siarut, @Takiyok are especially relevant to the thread), or even @Aleks, someone like that?

the distinction between being a "real pack" and being a "forming pack" was not exactly clear to wolves.  although now their numbers were fledged and their territory more or less tracked, marked, and successfully built, she felt little change.

there was a monotony in pack life she had always forgotten about (how unfortunate), but at least the wolves of ikkanattuk did not mind if she stretched her legs — and she especially appreciated it when it came to etoille.  

she'd have to talk to them about him, eventually.  he did want to come visit.  so she went lazily about finding one of the northerner's crew to bring it up.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki was depositing a rabbit into one of their newly-dug caches when she scented Mirabelle nearby. She hadn't interacted much with the female since arriving here, but since she was making a point to reach out to the new recruits, she decided now was a good time to talk to Mirabelle. Although talking to wolves outside of her trust circle was not her favorite activity, she didn't particularly mind Mirabelle. Like Aleks, she had done her a service by staying here and watching the glacier for Taki while she left to get her family, and she felt she she owed the female for that. 

It didn't take her long to catch up with Mirabelle, and she greeted her with a chuff as she got near. Coming up beside her, she gave a nod and said, Hey.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Ah, perfect.  Someone she was looking for!  Hey there, she began, slowing down so she and Takiyok could match paces.  I am sorry that I did not find your brother.  I take it you did not either.  How are you holding up?

She did not mind staying here and getting things ready for the northerners, but now that they were here she was beginning to feel that restless itch.  Currituck was the only pup she really interacted with, and there was only so much she could do with her.  Do you require anything else?

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Actually, I found him here just as I was about to head home, but he seems to have disappeared again, she answered, irritation clear in her tone. She trekked across the wilds for weeks looking for his ass, just to have him run off again right when they all made it to their new home. Not to mention there was a lot to be done here and they could really use his help. Her wayward littermate was clearly a sore subject for her right now. At her packmate's question, Taki shrugged and answered Busy, but otherwise okay. She paused briefly before awkwardly asking, What about you? 

She was impressed that Mirabelle was so eager to help them even more than she already had. Actions--that's what she was looking for in all the recruits. They could pledge their loyalty all day, but it meant nothing to her without the actions to back it up. This wolf seemed to get that. She gave her a grateful nod. Really, any help is appreciated, she started. Patrols, scouting the surrounding territories, and digging caches would all be a good place to start, she clarified further. Claiming a new territory was a lot of work, and it eased her mind some have packmates that were willing to help out.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She dipped her head.  Ah, so she'd found him, at least.. maybe he had a roaming heart as strong as her own, and that was why he hadn't stuck around.  She did not clue in Takiyok to this fact; she wanted to rouse no suspicion that she might not stick around.

It is busy, isn't it?  Keeps my paws full though, I like it.  She nodded briefly, cleared her throat.  There was both not much to do and everything to do before you arrived.  I started on a cache down where the meat would not freeze but it would stay cold, but it is not very big yet.  I don't know if you saw, but I prepared a lot for the children as well.

Scouting I can do.  I would love nothing more than to fill you in on some of the lands around here.  I have not been able to go far.  There is a pack to the north called Bracken Sanctuary, and one on the coast named Drageda.  But that is all I know.

What else?  Oh.  

The man I stayed here for, do you remember?  He is from the coast pack.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki nodded her head in agreement at her packmate's first statement. She understood the need to keep busy. Taki was relatively high-strung and spent most of her time working; she could rarely be found lounging or doing something that wasn't productive. Mirabelle went on to explain what all she had been doing while Taki went home to retrieve her family. The Malguk nodded again and said, Thank you for that. I did notice, and all your preparation has made it easier to get settled. The female deserved the praise, and Taki always gave praise when it was due; it was important if you wanted to keep your fellow packmates motivated and feeling valued. 

It seemed they both also found fulfillment in scouting. The similarly-colored female began discussing a couple of the nearby packs and expressed an interest in possibly learning more about the land around their territory. Learning more about the area around our claim would be very appreciated, Taki replied. Mirabelle then brought up the man she had mentioned at their first meeting and stated that he belonged to the coastal pack she was familiar with. I do remember, she answered. She remembered very well, because she also recalled how strange she thought it was to do anything for a man. But who was she to judge the motives of others? She certainly had no experience with love and had no future plans to change that. She raised an inquisitive eyebrow at the female and asked, What about him? It seemed she had more to say on the subject, and Taki was curious.
Inuttuk
Common