Moonspear ddyletswydd
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Private 
@Charon & @Amekaze, set tomorrow morning

His heart is still light after meeting Seren. She has gone on ahead; she will meet him by the sea, on a plateau, she says. For he must attend to some duties here, first. Moonspear has given him a home for a few seasons, now. He cannot leave without a goodbye, without expressing his gratitude. To do so would be uncouth.

It would be in a manner unfitting a king. And soon—if the battle spares him—he will be a king.

The prince wanders up the mountainside, through the pines, following the alphas' scents. And losing them, along the way. Llewellyn stops, impatience rippling down his spine, and lets loose a call for them, urgent but tempered, not rude in its intensity. He respects them. He will always respect them.

But he must go.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
There was something about Llewellyn's call that made Charon somehow know. Maybe it was the years long experience of being an alpha and seeing others come and go. Numbers always fluctuated, such was life. At times it angered him when others left, but if Llewellyn was truly leaving then he could only give his blessing. Charon knew only vaguely of his life before here, though, so he didn't know the reasons yet.

The King of the mountain made his way towards Llewellyn and greeted him with a friendly enough chuff, though his expression was serious. He would miss Llewellyn, for although the man had never been close to Charon, he had served them well in his time here. There was still the chance that this was about something else, of course, but Charon's mind had already taken this track and ran with it. He waited patiently, for his mate, for Llewellyn to say something.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
There was a part of her almost looking to wind down for the morning not so long before the call rose, and vied for her attention quite readily with a note like that. Given no reason not to go and no reasonable trails underfoot to draw her elsewhere, she went on to answer, long and low over the path that carried her to them. Eventually she caught herself overlapping with her mate's recent route and honed in.

She arrived tailing Charon by a few moments at least, but completed the trio at his side soon when the time was right. Out of habit, she sidled up beside him, though left her interests all with Llewellyn. More than anything, she prepared to listen. If the undertone of his summons had any indication, he wouldn't want to waste time with the small talk.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Charon arrives first, and then Amekaze, and he bows his head in deference. They are the closest thing he has had to a king and queen since his parents were slaughtered; they deserve his utmost respect and gratitude for letting him stay, even after he had rushed headlong into Blackfeather Woods to save Ceara. (He wonders if he will ever see her again. Likely not.) Charon had taken a gamble on him, and Amekaze had shown him kindness. He will always keep them in mind.

I am returning to my kingdom, Llewellyn says without preamble. I came across my sister, last night. She has been looking for me. There is a rebellion—and they wish me to lead it. Win or lose, live or die, I must try, at least. They are counting on me. And never will he let Mynydd down. Not again.

He sucks in a breath of cold air, slowly, and takes a thoughtful pause before continuing. I realize that I am abandoning you much as others did, some time ago, he rumbles, turning his gaze to Charon in particular. For that, I am sorry. Would it not be such an urgent, important matter, Moonspear would remain my home. Alas, I cannot forego my duty to my family's claim, my birthright. But. . .Moonspear will always be close to my heart.

Should I win, I hope we can be allied, even with distance between us, he goes on. Each spring, I will send one or two strong young wolves to bolster your ranks and fill the hole I have left. And I hope to visit, when things are more stable. You have done so much for me; words cannot express my gratitude. Thank you, truly. The golden prince-in-exile bows again, eyes closed in the utmost humility.

Then he raises his head and looks at the alpha pair, waiting for their response. He cannot imagine it will be all too warm, but nor does he expect hostility. Disappointment, perhaps. But he can live with that. He has to live with that.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Amekaze arrived soon after and Charon nodded when Llewellyn bowed his head in silent deference and greeting. He then listened, prepared for the worst but hoping for the best still.

I am returning to my kingdom. It did not come as a surprise but it still hit Charon somehow to know they were losing another. Spring was on its way and hopefully this would mean that soon, there'd be warmer times and children on their way. The pack was not small but it was definitely not big either at present time. They would definitely miss Llewellyn from their ranks, for he had been loyal and strong. Yet when Charon might be angered in the past, age had mellowed him at least somewhat, especially when it came to someone like Llewellyn. On some level Charon understood, could place himself in Llewellyn's position maybe even. This was what he needed to do, for his family, for his kingdom. Just like how Charon would do anything for his family and his kingdom -- this.

Charon wondered why now, of all times. Had a messenger come, or had he simply decided this? Was he well enough prepared for the upcoming battle? but all of it were matters not of his own, but of Llewellyn's concern and so Charon pushed them aside. He merely nodded, a little numbly, while he tried to process all that Llewellyn shared. I understand that this is what you must do, he said, his words sounding cold although he did not intend them that way.

It sounded like there was no coming back. Only win or death. Yet Charon could not help but extend an offer. Should things go awry, know that you will have a place here at Moonspear. A rare gesture of kindness, but Charon had grown to appreciate the way Llewellyn was even though they had not often exchanged words, and he appreciated Llewellyn came to them with respect in his being, and left, alone, without pulling anyone else with him. Honestly and respectfully, with thank-you's and apologies in his pocket for them. Especially after last year's happenings it made Charon glad and so he extended this offer, then looked at Amekaze to see her response.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
In all of her years, she had heard them all and weathered her share of it.. and in this, she appreciated his outright honesty as much as she sensed the greater picture at play here. She had known well before he came from rich histories, even if only vaguely enough through everything he was, and said. One look at him, and a glimpse longer than that after and it was easy to tell he was not cut from the average layman's cloth. But that was how it was meant to be--and returning him to there where it had began, evidently, was in this grand scheme too.

Although she would be sad to see him go, a piece of her did understand, and so, from here, she would wish him luck for these battles and conquests to come... and unlike many, he did offer something in return for his absence, an unexpected addition of a potential alliance and wolves sent in return. That could prove interesting.. for the longterm possibly, which was the sort of scheming worth her interests. Anyway. After Charon, in entire agreement, she had little else to add as she stubbornly refused to let the golden warrior's absence leave a sting. Yes, good luck. Send us word if you are able after, alright? she asked simply so.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Their generosity knows no bounds. He ought to be chased away with scorn, not with kind words, promises of a home if things were to go wrong. Instead, Charon and Amekaze are graciousness itself. He can only dip his head in silent thanks, too moved for words, for a long moment, before he finally finds it within himself to respond.

I am forever in your debt, Llewellyn rumbles, staring between the two of them, before his gaze finally rests on Amekaze. In some measure, even more so than her mate, she will always be his queen. I will. As soon as I can, I will see to it that I send word.

After the requisite goodbyes are exchanged, the golden prince takes his leave from Moonspear for perhaps the last time. Even if it is not the last time, it is the last in a long while, at least. He can only hope to see this crag again someday, should he be victorious. For there are only two roads ahead of him—victory or death. Defeat is not an option.

So it is goodbye. . .for now.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Amekaze added a few words and Charon looked back at Llewellyn then, as he said his parting words. Charon smiled as he said he was in their debt, glad to have had a wolf in their ranks with such honour. Should he come back some day, Llewellyn would be welcomed with open arms as far as Charon was concerned. He was sad to see him go, and hoped that he would win, but knew odds were small of seeing him back among Moonspear's ranks. Llewellyn would die or win, and in either case it meant obligations would tie him elsewhere.

The last good-byes were said and after that, Lllewellyn departed the mountain. Charon looked at Amekaze, silently conveying his thoughts that he hoped to see Llewellyn return some day, before eventually setting off for a patrol to sort his thoughts.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
When so many other departures set such a low standard over and over again, to be met with grace was an oddly welcome change for an otherwise somber occasion. He didn't make his loss centerpiece, or rub the wound raw, timing it immaculately with whatever was worst. She'd seen it go down all sorts of ways, all petty annoyances in the long run really. Now, well, she supposed this was better than nothing at all, and none of it was on bad terms especially. While his time here may be through and coming to a close here before them, perhaps his mark on Moonspear wouldn't have to be.

So, her farewells were reserved, all subtly sincere to him before making for a firm nudge of goodbye to conclude. In whatever it would take for him, she did wish him success.. but soon, it was time to see him off. Once it was over, he lingered long enough with Charon, but in the end, had little else to say on the topic for the time being. It would truly set in soon, but until then, she went on her own patrol elsewhere to regroup.